Bitcoin: Trump, China, and The Halvening

enterpriseinnovation.net/article/bitcoin-transactions-set-soar-trump-presidency-could-boost-cryptocurrency-1657316746

> Reduction in money supply – the imminent ‘halvening’ whereby the amount of Bitcoin being introduced by mining in a set time period will halve is also pushing its price upwards.

bitcoinfuturesguide.com/bitcoin-blog/the-bitcoin-halvening-what-is-it-and-what-will-its-effects-on-price-be

I think that taking this into consideration, it is a good time to buy and hold.

Normies will pump btc again then flee when they realize transaction times and another decentralized House Of Bitcoin falls due to theft (usually by owner lul)

Turmoil is guaranteed at this point regardless of who is president. Also anyone who doesn't have Bitcoin, Silver, or Gold at this point has really fucked up already and the train is about to leave the station for good. I give it one more month max before precious metals markets go insane and two months before there won't be any chance of getting any.

Since most of the recent gains and transactions are coming from China because of the markets falling there, are you saying these are chinese "normies"? Do you think many chinks who are holding as speculative investment give a shit if the transaction times double? They were more than double what they are now during the last Chinese bubble in 2014.

I'm all for buttcoin… but Jews aren't going to give in easily.
It's already illegal in Russia. It can be made illegal anywhere.

Also, bitcoin is not anonymoose. In fact, quite the opposite - the entire ledger is public.

I like buttcoin, but there are issues.

IDK mate. Bitcoin looks weak. Should be able to get a better price than 640.
Plus the thing just dumped 40 bucks in 20 minutes. Not a sign of strength.
Maybe try around 550-600?
Who knows maybe lower.

I have no grandiouse ideas that bitcoin is the super awesome future of currency, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying it is a good time for it because of its inverse relationship with stocks and national currencies.

What about darkcoin (renamed to "dash") ?

Price has been going crazy lately. It's been swinging between $620 to over $700 in the past few days.

(and now back down again to 640)

I'm mostly in at 350 mate, i think the slight drop today just gave a little window on what we'll see in the coming week. Should bump up for the halvening, come down a bit after, but stay strong for a long hold while chinese stocks are low, brexit isn't fully negotiated, and the us politics as they are. 6-10 months-ish hold till see a spike.

litecoin is a distant second to buttcoin

dash isn't on my radar

I have about 1 bitcoin, and am thinking of selling. I have a bitcoin miner which I use for free at my office. It's paid for itself, but not by much. I also bought $100 of bitcoin when it was in the low $300s.

With my miner, I'll have enough bitcoin to buy the sort of stuff I want with it.

This is from the chinese. Bitcoin just became a much safer investment for them. Last time the chinese public came in hard it was way over 1000. Crashed when they tightened up regulations on it though.

If you can get a miner somewhere you dont pay electric thats a slam dunk.

Not even close. Not even remotely close.
Bitcoin is only correlated to other crypro currencies (exception eth, p.o.s. that it is).
It has no relation to stocks, bonds, forex, or futures.

Also, the "financial crisis events" (IE. cyprus bail-in) did not cause bitcoin to spike. (((they))) organize "crisis events" around the "chart technicals" (what the price graph looks like).

They would not have advertised bitcoin at its all time highs, if they hadn't bought the shit out of it earlier.

When the technicals look good, and the price is starting to rip, you can be sure we will have another "crisis" to scare the retards in at all time highs.

If it goes down to 550 then it would be a solid buy.

The losses also came from China before. Multiple scares about it being banned in that country caused tons of them to sell off their holdings, and fucking fast.

I hope you all bought when it was sub-$200 because you would have tripled your money today.

Darkcoin/Dash is pretty cool purely because of the anonymity it provides. Bitcoin is more traceable.

Even if you have free electricity, you still have to buy thousands of dollars worth of hardware to even have a slim chance of eventually turning a profit months later, unless you are betting on the price going even higher in the future then "obtain as many coins as possible now and hope they pay out in the future" is at least somewhat viable. Maybe.

Tough luck. Then again, I missed the chance to buy it when it was mere pennies, so woe is me.

I bought the miner for $110 when bitcoin was in the mid $200s
I was wondering if I'd make my money back in a year. I've probably only mined about 0.7 bit coins with it in 9 months.

That being said, I don't really use it, and I'm looking to sell at a relative peak. Then work my profits back and forth in the volatility.

But yeah, we get free power at work. We get X number of kilawatt hours per sqft… and we're nowhere close to using it all. The only problem is the noise and heat.

Made a killing the last 1000+ spike, stayed out for a while, see the makings of another one now…

Something I heard about last time they came in stronk - Chinese "normies" also use this to get around some taxation of foreign profits, I think the new law there should give them more confidence to start using it this way again. Less scrutiny=more tax evasion when they send our rub-n-tug money home?

Noice. Carry on then.

Agreed user. Wait for the post halvening dump though. Short sighted retards will start selling when BTC doesn't immediately shoot up in price afterwards. Plus people are going to start panicking and thinking the sky is falling as block times slow to a crawl for a month or so.

Lots of older, inefficient mining hardware to going to disappear from the network the second the halvening occurs and it is going to take a while for difficulty to adjust.

Bitcoin was over 1000 for like, a day. And it only got that high because Chinese exchanges were faking volume and Mt. Gox was running a pair of trading bots whose sole purpose was to pump the price. The dirty little secret about Bitcoin's rise over 1000 USD is that it was an illegitimate and heavily manipulated rise.

Dash is fucking garbage. Anonymity is not even baked into the protocol. It is tacked on by cobbling together older open source coin mixing software with a bitcoin-style blockchain. This is achieved through a network of "masternodes" which add an additional vector of attack and artificially prop up the price of this shitcoin by restricting it's supply and enriching masternode owners.

Check out Z-cash if you are interested in anonymity. It's the real deal and superior to Dash in everyway.

Just buy when it's below $500 boyos. Gold tip.

Good strategy too. I'm holding already and might sell a few at the spike. We will probably see a dump after but I think steady up after.

Kek - Nah, they just worry about the ticker price. I like how you put it though.

Stop. Just stop.

It can be made illegal but that would also be impossible to enforce.

Today's high.

Bullish.

its going up m8 not down

I wish I would have listen to all those retards when this shit was just starting up and bought some of the nerd currency

buy a coin or 2 mate

it has the possibility to go huge even still now

or maybe get in another coin like ETH which will probably take over for BTC if this halvening shits up

Y-yes goyim if Trump gets elected the entire global economy will crash! It will be anudda shekel shoah like Brex- errr.