Attack that hit Brian Krebs recently was launched almost exclusively from IoT devices and home DVRs using a very...

Where will you be when it all comes down, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

krebsonsecurity.com/2016/09/israeli-online-attack-service-vdos-earned-600000-in-two-years/
krebsonsecurity.com/2016/10/source-code-for-iot-botnet-mirai-released/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just imagine in a couple of years your kitchen appliances could be used to ddos your pacemaker.
What a bright future lies ahead of us.

Reading web archives of freenode channel logs because that's been getting hammered this month too.

That kind of thing happens when you criticize your (((masters)))
krebsonsecurity.com/2016/09/israeli-online-attack-service-vdos-earned-600000-in-two-years/

smh

Didn't that attack result in nothing happening at all? I don't think any amount DDoS is going to take much of anything down these days.

That's what They're trying to see

I have no idea who They are, but it's always Them

Did you even read, you idiot?

After it peaked at 650Gb/s, his site was taken down.

Giv links

Come on now. You haven't heard of the web archive and archive.is by now? Humanity needs to be nuked from orbit.

It's already coming down, and I'm having the laugh of my life at the idiots going
and the idiots who are buying it. Everybody with two brain cells to rub together saw this coming, but muh cyberpunk, muh we are all connected, muh progress, muh future.

The beatings will continue until intelligence improves.

This is why normies should be limited to 56k modem

it's like something bad could happen if you connected hundreds of unsupervised, unaudited devices to your network

fortunately danknet does not have this problem

Why do we want everything to be "smart"
Smart things are dangerous. We don't breed cows to be intelligent, we breed them to be stupid. So why would we want to create a refriderator than can post your meals on twitter?

Either nobody has any sense, or it's all a grand conspiracy. I don't know what is more frieghtenting.

Could be an "it"
>AI takeover when?

Bootleg KODI boxes i bet.

If someone wants to cut one half of the internet off from the rest, just target t.co.

DDoSing some random tech blog is exactly the sort of impotent dick-waving I'd expect from a bunch of sub-4chan skiddies.

Actually come to think of it maybe they've been blackmailed with this already. Would explain why they're in such a hurry to sell the site all of a sudden.

krebsonsecurity.com/2016/10/source-code-for-iot-botnet-mirai-released/

The thought of Brian Krebs reading this post and making serious inquiries into the identity of Anna-sempai is splitting my sides.

This is exactly what RMS was fighting to prevent, but alas, normies didn't listen and here we are.

So in other words, we accidentally magicked the botnet meme into reality.

Shit.

I'd say it was more that we spent so much time laughing at the IoT's terrible security that one of us got curious. I mean Mirai isn't even complicated. It just searches for manufacturer UN/PW combos on IoT shit. Anyone with half a brain could've seen one coming but the people that work on IoT devices probably don't have a quarter of a brain.

Running devuan on a libreboot laptop in the middle of a lawless part of africa rereading downloaded archives from 4chan boards i used to visit and IRCs i used to frequent
My life will be spent on subsistence farming and acquiring (or learning) the knowledge to make and maintain a computer that is my entire own creation, that way once the laptop shits itself i'll still have a shitty self computer capable of reading text and i'll still be able to read the archives
if by some miracle it's all done, i have plenty of free as in freedom time and i'm not dead i will masturbate to stone age drawings of flat women of my own creation