BLOCKBUSTER!! NEW WEB BROWSER TRASHES GOOGLE! This made me happy. CREATOR OF FIREFOX WEB BROWSER

BLOCKBUSTER! NEW WEB BROWSER TRASHES GOOGLE!!

This made me happy.
CREATOR OF FIREFOX WEB BROWSER BRENDAN EICH WAS KICKED OUT OF HIS OWN ORGANIZATION FOR NOT SUPPORTING SAME SEX MARRIAGE AND NOT EVER BACKING DOWN. THEY THEN TURNED FIREFOX INTO A DOGPILE. HE THEN WROTE A NEW WEB BROWSER AND HAS RELEASED IT AS THE "BRAVE" BROWSER. RUMOR ON THE STREET IS THAT IT IS GREAT, CHECK IT OUT, DOWNLOAD HERE
UPDATE: HA HA HA, HE'S PISSED WITH GOOGLE INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGING FIREFOX AND HAS PROGRAMMED THE NEW BROWSER TO BLOW GOOGLE AWAY!
YEP. To make Chrome look better (when really it was not) Google sabotaged Firefox by causing Firefox to re-load ads multiple times, which slowed it down badly. Google did this by checking which browser was accessing a web site, and if it saw Firefox, Google would intentionally trip it up with the analytics scripts and ad scripts that loaded multiple times under instruction from Google. There was nothing Firefox could do to fix it because it was external sabotage. So what did Brendan do to get even? He ripped Google's own Chrome to pieces, took out the crapware parts of it, and had it intentionally screw over the GOOGLE tampering.
HA HA HA, BLOCKBUSTER: THE BRAVE BROWSER WILL TAKE GOOGLE ADS (IF YOU TELL IT TO) AND REPLACE THEM WITH ADS THAT ARE SERVED BY THE BRAVE BROWSER'S OWN AD SERVICE. BRAVE THEN GIVES A KICKBACK TO THE WEB SITES WHO HAD THEIR ADS SWITCHED AWAY FROM GOOGLE. TALK ABOUT REVENGE! THAT IS WORTH MORE THAN A LAUGH!
Way to go. Way to get even!

brave.com/downloads.html

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-laptop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GOOGLE IS LYING ABOUT CHROME'S POPULARITY ANYWAY:
BOTTOM LINE? IF BRENDAN EICH CAN MAKE A WEB BROWSER SO GREAT IT CAN SCORE THIS WELL AFTER TAKING SUCH A BEATING, YOU REALLY OUGHT TO CHECK OUT HIS NEW ONE.

didn't read

Wtf are you smoking. Please go back to >>>/g/.

Brave is open source.

Does it respect my four freedoms?

Seriously OP. You did a fucking hatchet job on this thread.

-No techie discussion of the product.
-No discussion of the EULA.
-No pros vs cons

& after everyone on POL told you to not be an autistic faggot, you went and copy pasted this shit thread to Holla Forums.

Not OP, but I found this github.com/brave/browser-laptop

Am I missing something?

Holy shit, is this some actual factual chink spam on an imageboard I see? Daaaaamn they're desperate.

Not saging because this lolcow needs to be milked for all it's worth

Easier solution: Block Google analytic and AdSense in Firefox.

I'm sticking to 32bit for now.
Too bad Brave doesn't support 32bit on Linux.
:-(

Did they seriously write the entire browser in JavaScript?

Yes, it's an electron application. I think this counts as another fork of chromium with a crappy UI attached to it.

That's just sad. Here is the iOS version in comparison, it's almost all C, Swift, C++ and Objective-C.

WHY, JUST FUCKING WHY? WHY NOT JUST HAVE A FUCKING SPACE OPTIMAL RECTANGLE???

test: >>>/ips/1

Brave has rectangular tabs, that has to be some other browser. Calm your autism.

Why does anyone do this shit?

Are they pulling our legs?

Who actually, unironically, refers to a board INCAPS instead of /likenormal/?

I'm sorry, but I've seen this dotted around the place so much it's really starting to rub me wrong.

WHO UNIRONICALLY DOES THIS?

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE AUTISTIC CAPITAL LETTERS. THANK YOU OP FOR THIS FAGGOTRY.

So does this mean you still need an ad block?

I think the idea is that the ads are so ACCEPTABLE, that you won't need to block them.

eww

I don't see many people believing that. They must surely still track what you see and click on otherwise advertisers wouldn't feel that they are paying a fair amount for the ads. They do keep saying on the site there is no tracking but I get the feeling they will consider their own tracking to also be ACCEPTABLE.

Quite.
I'm not if they've back-peddled since this hit the mainstream tech press (January 2016), but they were intending to mine local data (eg browsing history) to target their injected ads.
Shady as fuck.

I completely ignored it because I thought it was just another chrome but now I will actively discourage anyone I know from trying it.

got my hopes up after all the firefox pulseaudio dependency.

too bad

palindrome get

(checked)
nice one mate

I love you

eww, I hope OP blows his shill brains out

holy shit this browsers fast as fuck boi