Literally thousands of tutorials showing you how to do basic drawing in WebGL

And holy fuck
If I look at an online example of WebGL, it will either be very non-modular and thus teach little about how to set up a good WebGL program, or it will be a huge amount of weird code so I can't learn anything from it.

Like, is it really necessary to have a function that creates functions to just do one small step in setting up attributes?

Are you using OES_vertex_array_object?
It helps WebGL code not suck as much.

Stop being pussies

There's a significant difference between giving up in an hour because "wah this is hard" and complaining after trying for hours because "wah proper WebGL coding practice isn't documented, explained, or implemented anywhere"

Wait till you get started on Vulkan.

YES

if you have to do it thousands of times then automation is preferred

Vulkan documentation is actually clean and clear though.

WebGL is shit. There's no good way to reduce draw calls as it's basically OGL 2, it's implemented in the worst way (it's literally riding on top of DirectX on Windows), and there's still no good solution for text-heavy applications.

for what purpose

Although, does WebGL2 offer any improvements?

Not him, but if I had to say its probably because DX is faster than GL, but DX is only available on Winderps

There are good materials on OpenGL ES + GLSL, and WebGL is similar enough

So the core of WebGL is actually DirectX, rather than OpenGL?
Talk about unintuitive!

WebGL is similar enough except with the bits that I'm struggling with.

Well I'm glad to hear that after what seems like literal months of trying to figure out how the fuck I'm supposed to build anything useful with webgl and failing, the fault might not be completely on my end after all.

This is horse shit.
First, you should compare Direct3D, not DirectX.
Second, this is not true. (well, on Windoze™ they may intentionally cripple OpenGL, but in a fair comparison, if you test OGL on a proper OS, it's going to win)
Find some proofs before posting this.

Well, you make arguments by assertions but I point to the fact DX11 is significantly faster than GL rendering in, say, Dolphin

Man, people who know shit forget how to learn said shit.

what a cute mouse

I need heeeelp
How do I update a vertex array?
And how do I create multiple vertex arrays and assign them to their respective attributes?

Bump

what a cute wolf

How about this wolf?

that's anatomically incorrect

wtf I'm a furfag now

How about this?

Most things suffer from this problem.

It's because people tend to compartmentalize other people into noobs and experts, instead of seeing the full spectrum.

For example people say Python is successful because it's easy for beginners but that's only half of it. Even people who are quite good at Python appreciate its simplicity. Even though this simplicity is mostly superficial, it still matters.