What individuals from this era, in say, 200 years from now, do you think will be looked at in the same vein as Mozart...

What individuals from this era, in say, 200 years from now, do you think will be looked at in the same vein as Mozart, or Leonardo Da Vinci, or even Einstein or Henry Ford

Pic related

Who's the commie qt?

The all wonderful, Jap-killing, ultimate wife material, Kim Jong-suk

The Japs would go full Samurai on her commie ass

legend says she was the most efficient Jap killing machine on the battlefield

rip meant

without a doubt, Elon Musk is the Nikola Tesla of the 21st century

my uncle

Film: Lars Von Trier
Art: Gerhard Richter
Music: this one is difficult, because there will never be giants like Mozart ever again; that said, I'd have to say Squarepusher will be remembered as a giant in his own right.
Literature: Pynchon
Inventor: Musk… duh. However, I don't really know of a Tesla or Edison-tier inventor, because those people are usually behind the scenes, and I'm not a big tech buff. Whoever makes the first big leap in A.I. will be the guy and we all know it'll be a guy

a black guy, if Westworld is an accurate prediction

Still more probable than a woman

Btw, I couldn't get past the 3rd episode of that show. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to watch anything, but I thought it was extremely dull.

understandable. it is a very deep, philosophical show

Steve Jobs

I enjoy "deep" subject matter, but I just didn't find the show to be very stimulating in that regard. Also, there's nothing a film or television show could offer that would be more philosophically simulating or challenging than reading the work of a philosopher.

I definitely believe Steve Jobs and Bill Gates will be remembered forever in the same vein as John D. Rockefeller. But I also believe time will lead Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson to being remembered as the most important software developers of the 20th century for inventing perhaps the most important OS of all time.

Dennis who?

who?
who?

Paul McCartney will probably be remembered as some kind of Mozart, being the most successful musician in history and all

Laura B

har har har
Really though, history usually does well at recognizing the previously little known but influential people. The average normalfag might not know who these people are now, but in 200 years they will no doubt be studied for pretty much inventing the modern concept of the OS. Someone once said every OS is UNIX-like including Windows, because every OS has taken something from UNIX

looks like they also invented the neckbeard look

too be honest, I think Shiggy is one of the few people who actually understand WHY games are art. Some people think you need to make games all cinematic and ripoff Hollywood Oscar b8 to make art. But games aren't movies, the art comes from the experience the player has playing them. And Shiggy does a good job at putting himself in the players perspective

An incredibly talented entrepreneur he is, a Nicola Tesla he is not. Its the same line of thinking when people called Steve Jobs the next Thomas Edison. Will his name appear in history book? Sure, he is a very influential person for pushing the technologies that he is pushing, he's more like the next Henry Ford

Richard "King Freetard" Stallman perfected it

TRUMPSTA!
also
pic

He wont be remembered for shit except being another cog in the web 2.0 machine. He didn't even invent social media.

as far i can tell half the world population spend alot of time on his site

A big chunk of Facebook accounts are business accounts

who?

how many hours do u think average facebookpleb have spent so far?

Fuckin Miles Davis, you philistine.

I did read it. still no idea who that is.

Wew

an elevator music creator. gotcha.

Honestly, if anyone is going to be remembered as the next Beethoven, its probably going to be the person who once told him to "move over"
Chuck Berry is like 90 years old and still performing by the way

anime was a mistake
it's total shit

Elon musk is a good candidate, the guy is impressive tbh.
he tackles the issues that matter.

Very impressive.

but to be honest, the 20-21th century is lacking in people like that.
the 19th century and the early 20th century has alot of great people.

this guy is a disgrace.
fuck you zucherburger.

Me.

Aurora will go down as a Bach, probably not a Mozart but definitely a Bach.

eh.
He's focusing on change and disrupting robust industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, and Energy through his companies but it's what the company achieved, not him.

He'll be remembered for bringing change and making everyone play catch-up for a long while unless the industry tries to focus on change instead of money.

Not really because he is a programmer and businessman, not an inventor. He hasn't invented anything and has instead given a heap of funding to those that actually do.

Dennis Ritchie is a great candidate, he played a major role in the information age becoming a thing.

Jobs seems to be better at fucking others over and taking credit for their work more than anything else. While MS is undoubtedly anti-customer and generally evil Gates actually did a lot of the work back in the DOS to 3.11 days.

Good call, his songs probably won't be played as much as Mozart 200 years from now but it's the closest there is.

Assange and Snowden will both go down in history and their actions will be talked about hundreds of years from now, but it will depend who wrote the book to how that story goes.

huehuehue at the uneducated. He has several patents to his name including those on the tech for the charging port on all of the Tesla models. He's is also not much of a programmer, he is more of a businessman and engineer.

hundreds
no good lead there
no one survives going up against the US, especially if the media is against them

Go up to anyone in the supermarket or somewhere like that and ask anyone for their thought on either and they will most likely respond with something negative; same case with Shkrelli.
We all know why.

Bill Gates
Ozzy Osbourne
Bob Dylan
Edith Piaf
Elvis Presley
Some faggots rappers I guess

That is what happens when you employ engineers with the common "what you invent is mine" contract.

Yes, it will be thousands but how often do talk about people from over 1,000 years ago? Generally it's only about hugely important historical figures or those important to a field of work / research being continued today.

If you have taken any interest in history you find it's extremely common for people to be unknown or even despised in their own time and still go down in history.

Georges Lucas
Jason Becker
Stephen Hawking
JK Rowling

I'm not listing wether they're good or not but rather the impact they had

m00t

I don't know if he is an inventor or not, even if he just runs an innovation, his line of business is very useful to mankind, I mean mozart was not an inventor either
what he is working on is the most essential issues for mankind.

They both benefited mankind without them, there would be very little chance that we correct the course of mankind and not fall into a tyrannical world.

but tesla for sure is on the top of that list.

shiggy diggy does

I don't think any of those qualify.

No argument here and he will definitely go down in history my point is just that the comparison to Telsta is inaccurate.

likely, but it was from the very beginning and there were few people working for him there and he built rockets in his spare time over at SpaceX

I don't think you know how much impact you need to be remembered for that long.
At this pace we will only remember the founders of thing or the ones who did something first, like the iPhone, new technologies… Maybe Elon but time will pass and someone will become better known.

maybe, the media is vicious nowadays but it could happen :/

Of-course he cannot even measure up to Tesla.
Tesla was a legend.

Dysnomia

I think being the first the educate the public of government activities will ensure their place in history provided the people actually stand up to the government about it in the long run.
If nothing comes of it then they will be forgotten but I suspect we are approaching a tipping point that they have help push us towards.

Elon will be one of the guys everyone involved in rocketry / space travel learns about for the rest of human history along with Robert Goddard and Wernher von Braun.
Much like the general public knows nothing of Hippocrates but anyone studying medicine knows about him.

Maybe, I honestly don't know how involved he was at the start but I do know CEOs are short on time without doing actual engineering on top of it.

wicked burn

That made me pretty upset to. Don't worry though, it's probably a retarded skinhead who like oi. >implying it's not a troll

I'd believe this if he continues to be as successful as he has been. Beyonce may always fill her role of allowing elfs to express their fantasies publicly

Miles Davis is Based.

forgot video

"Yesterday" is already the second most covered song of all time (behind only "The Girl from Ipanema" so it's very well possible his songs will be studied forever much like Mozart's

I think Davis is on par with Beethoven.

i've never heard this interview before, pretty interesting. miles is probably the goat imo. when i was learning piano as a kid someone told me that if you want a good collection of jazz records you get kind of blue, then you get albums from everyone that played with miles on kind of blue, then you get an album with everyone that played with them. bill evans and herbie hancock (both on kind of blue) are unbelievable. hancock and chick are two of my favorite jazz pianists ever, miles was great and everyone he did was great.

it's hard to compare in terms of musical progression, but i think he'll be taught in music theory and composition courses just as much beethoven for the rest of civilization.

also since we're talking about miles here's my favorite contemporary pianist off of his tree of influence.

Its an over arching story line. First episodes are suppose to hook you. You probably missed something or where to stuiped to realize a plot point, thats fine tho.

bump

the fappening