Can someone please explain to me why Holla Forums doesn't like the original Star Wars trilogy and prefers the Prequels...

Can someone please explain to me why Holla Forums doesn't like the original Star Wars trilogy and prefers the Prequels trilogy? What's exactly wrong with the original Star Wars trilogy from a kino stand point?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegeekblock.com/455/
ruinedchapel.com/2011/09/18/why-the-star-wars-prequels-are-good-part-1/
ruinedchapel.com/2011/09/24/why-the-star-wars-prequels-are-good-part-2/
ruinedchapel.com/2011/10/01/why-the-star-wars-prequels-are-good-part-3/
ruinedchapel.com/2015/11/21/the-phantom-menace-is-the-best-star-wars-movie-and-empire-is-the-worst/
ruinedchapel.com/2017/02/11/star-wars-prequels-lessons-from-history-and-for-present-day/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing is wrong with the original trilogy whatsoever. It still stands as a grand testimony to cinema to this very day, and the prequels still suck ass.

Holla Forums is just infested with edgy millennial contrarians obsessed with shitposting at abominably insane levels. I'd highly suggest vacating the premises before these brainless jackals tear you apart for the crime of having any sanity left whatsoever.

No one likes the prequels, it's a joke. Lurk.

They're shallow and ice-thin, the prequels are marginally better only because of the drama and joking about it makes it so, also better camera angles and set-pieces. Star Wars is overrated and extremely mediocre and anyone that likes it has a soft skull.

Wew, somebody's never seen Empire.

The prequels are pure kino.

too much 80s campy feel tbh

The original trilogy is alright but it lacked in scale and visual poetry. When I say scale I don't just mean scale of locations or battles but the scale of themes and ideas. The OT tells a very simple story and is much less focused on visual storytelling and drama. The prequels try to be didactic and deal with much grander ideas and subjects, taking influence from the greatest works in the western canon and make those ideas digestible even for teens.

The prequels have much more mature themes with more focus on imagery, experimental techniques, and cinematography. The OT is good but it's simplicity overshadow's it's complexity which is why some people don'y like it.

Wait a minute, Why are the books not to be considered Cannon but nu-starwars books are?

The originals, while well directed, lacked the imagery and theme of the prequels.

/thread

sad!

Mike or just a kike? Doesn't really matter.

It's a meme, you dip.

nothing wrong. got some great shots, editing, music and color.

but if you want the real star wars that george envisioned prior to 75/76, then you'll want the prequels.

Who is this fluid druid?

the prequels are like watching something made by god

the OT is like watching something made by a mere man

the OT has mistakes and flaws and some very strange plot and directorial decisions (the protagonist proudly commits incest, completely irrelevant characters everywhere like boba fett, it's not very clear what killed vader, etc)

the OT was clearly based around selling toys because that's what Lucas had to do to make money (the teddy bear planet, random aliens packed into every scene with no reason as to why they're there except to become a toy)

the prequels are perfect in every way and are a great balance of action and intrigue

the prequels don't have any strange decisions or sloppy editing

in fact, the prequels get more solid the more you watch them, so if you watch them a lot you will understand why this topic is very complex

the prequels are shit made to sell toys, nothing made any sense and lucas is a hack. stop memeing that they were good because you hate mike

Checks out.

Let me tell you

George Lucas was clearly making fun of blacks and Jews by making those characters. It adds a depth of social commentary most films don't even attempt to reach.

samefag

More like social mockery tbh, George's favorite kind of comedy. THX 1138, Indiana Jones, and the Ewoks are all social mockery.

Does anyone have a screencap of the thread that explained why the Prequels top the Originals?

A lot here are still butthurt over some Youtube nobodies pretending to like TFA

The first trilogy (Star Wars, Holiday Special, Empire Strikes Back) had it's ups and downs.

The second trilogy (Return of the Jedi, Caravan of Courage, Battle for Endor) was pure kino though.

Explain the Ewoks i just thought George went senile.

Of course you do.

The Ewoks are the Vietnamese, they're jungle monkeys.

it's just a meme brah

I didn't know Mike was Jewish.

Nice write-up on the chivalric romance themes in the prequels:
thegeekblock.com/455/

Between the classic story themes, beautiful visuals and memofable music, and all the hilarious idiosyncrasies, these are destined to become classics.

fuck.

The original trilogy is ok but kind of soulless/uninspired. All it really has going for it is art direction (but the prequels also have that going for them and do it even better) and episodes IV and VI are packed with cringey shit.

But the originals get heaped with praise by nostalgic idiots who watched them as kids and love them on that basis; they have no real objective view of the originals' mediocre quality.

The prequels stepped up the art direction, possibly some of the best in film. Great worldbuilding, the wider events of the setting make a lot more sense and are a lot more believable (the CIS' struggle for autonomy vs the Republic's struggle for control, compared to the cartoonish evil for no reason Empire vs the good guy Rebels). The characters are better written. The plot is more coherent across all three films, and has a lot more depth. The prequels seem to draw their sensibilities from traditional Aryan ideals and values rather than hamfisted pop culture Judeo-Americana (as is the case with the originals).

It's absolutely no surprise that the cancerous reboots decide to copy the originals rather than the prequels. The eternal Jew is well aware that the plebeian audience they're targeting loved the originals and hated the prequels.

That's not how greentexting works, newfag.

Its bots. You're responding to bots.

yer a bot tbh

Go back and watch them until you understand.

This I've watched the original trilogy at least 50 times. I've watched the prequels at least 3 or even four times as much as that. Just better films.

The Prequels are more successful at the attempt of a deeper story, the setting also has a lot more going on. The OT has better effects but the PT has better scope.

So, boys, I think it's time we tackle the ultimate holy cow. Why are the special editions better than the unaltered films?

Plebes > patricians
t. Tribune

The OT was based on sci-fi pulp and it shows. They're fun for what they are, but it's pretty much "pewpewpew laser guns skree aliens hot babes kaboom". You could only see some aspects of Lucas' genius shine through like the concept of the force and some of the designs.
The prequels were more otherworldly. They had looming complex themes, callbacks most people didn't get like sand and tatooine, Anakin's love for fascism and the Empire, the apathy of the Jedi council and the havoc they were ultimately responsible for. It had beautiful set-pieces and a more grand feel than the OT.

The OT had the idea of "the prophecy". The prequels show that was bullshit. There was no prophecy. There was just a bunch of old-timer globalists who thought they were doing good in the world by training and brainwashing small children to fight for their agenda. "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering", therefore never be fearful, angry, or hate. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbayah while the universe devolves into murderous gangster planets, jewish slavery, and total neutrality with no judges of morality.

Like many anons have said, you really have to watch them more. You'll start to notice things you didn't previously. I was a RLM faggot who barely watched the prequels and just took everything they said as fact. Then one late night I happened to catch The Phantom Menace. It seemed concise and fun apart from some awful acting and casting. It gave a sense of a larger world. After that I torrented II and III and watched them in a row and I was spellbound. I was convinced RLM were old-school fanboys who would have hated anything Lucas put out just because it wasn't Star Wars rebooted. My impression was proven correct when they sucked the dick of TFA. They're not film critics. They're fanboys who wanted muh nostalgia fix.

Nothing is wrong with the OT. Holla Forums disregards Cuck Reddit Memia because of their fuck ass shit review of Star Whores the Farce Engorges. It didn't even try to criticize or even pick away at the god awful flaws it has and they fall back on 'HURR DURR IT WUSNT PREQUELS, argument and constantly made comparisons. And Jar Jar Abrams wasn't George Lucas.

And there were signs of them turning shit since their first Star Trek movie review. It this was where their pattern of argument shows and how all their points started to fall apart. Because they went against their own points when viewing g The Farce Engorges.

Case in point, it made Holla Forums go back and rewatch the entire prequel trilogy 1-3 and discovery that all their points that they made were nothing more than honeyed words and silver tongued speaking from a mask. JimRaynors counter argument review on the Phantom Menace perfectly illustrates this.

Tl;dr rlm shot itself in the foot.

I like your argument better than my own.

that the sperg who wrote the 100 page defense? dude is a boss for doing that.

the only two errors of the special editions were changing the krayt dragon sounds and adding sheev's scream to esb when luke falls in cloud city. literally everything else made the movies better.

seriously, go grab a copy of the theatrical edit of episode 4 and compare it to any version after that. all of the digital insertions and deleted scenes re-added only improve the film. the only hindrance is changing the krayt dragon sound to the dewback sound and then making some new nonsense for the krayt dragon.

They fit into the saga much better and makes the transition from the prequels to the OT less jarring.

This is a good post and you should feel good.

Nice, I got what Lucas was going for and I had read some literary works in that style and from the period but it's nice to see an entire article about it. Really makes me miss George though.

are the dvd and bluray releases considered the special editions? i always thought it was just the one vhs set. anyway, as far as the br goes, once again they didn't get the krayt dragon sound right, and vader's second NOOOO in rotj was just pointless, though i thought the first one was actually kinda cool and fit well.

the ot changed heavily from the sci-fi pulp it was based on, the pt is more in line with the serials. ot borrows more from kurosawa. also, the cgi/green screen meme is bullshit, all the green screens did was replace matte paintings and gave those scenes more life by having the appearance of a lively world going on in the background. shit, normalfags don't even know that jar jar was at one point an actual costume, but it looked like a fucking sock puppet, replacing it with cgi worked loads better, just like the decision to replace puppet yoda in tpm.

this really is the only downside to the prequels, there are some straight up hammy moments and a few people i'd wish had better actors in their place.

No, the extra scens fuck the pacing up too much. The time on Yavin base is too long and the starfights were tighter in the original theatrical release.

The Jabba scene is repetitive with the Greedo scene and is unnecessary, and contradicts the portrayal of the character in ROTJ.

The CGI adds for Mos Eisley feel put of place and - again - fuck up the pacing.

Lucas did better with the prequels at adding worldbuilding because it was built in. The extra edits are too jarring.

Found a series of blog posts someone wrote as to why the prequels are superior to the OT.
Don't necessarily agree with everything, but interesting stuff nonetheless:

ruinedchapel.com/2011/09/18/why-the-star-wars-prequels-are-good-part-1/

ruinedchapel.com/2011/09/24/why-the-star-wars-prequels-are-good-part-2/

ruinedchapel.com/2011/10/01/why-the-star-wars-prequels-are-good-part-3/

ruinedchapel.com/2015/11/21/the-phantom-menace-is-the-best-star-wars-movie-and-empire-is-the-worst/

ruinedchapel.com/2017/02/11/star-wars-prequels-lessons-from-history-and-for-present-day/

It's a joke, bro

fuck off back to cuckchan

Go prep the bull, Mike.