Guess who's back

Guess who's back

Back again

Hayao's back

Tell a friend.

archive.is/rfuOa

archive.is/qWLJO

Miyazaki pitched Suzuki the idea, but there was no official decision on whether or not the movie would be made. Nothing was official.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/nSUb6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go tell /a/.

Like clockwork

I thought he was dead. There's even a pinned thread about him.

I really would like to give Miyazaki a hug, but he'd probably smack anyone who tried. Gotta admire his spirit, especially considering his age.

Fuck him, we don't need 2D. We have the technology to make 3D just as good.

>>>/a/

And Disney didn't flinch

archive.is/nSUb6
But seriously, I can understand why Miyazaki is upset, but I can't fault the AI developers. The devs are trying to advance AI so that it can be smart enough to be as creative as a human being. While that's a huge step for robotics and a noble goal for the benefit of technology, for artists like Miyazaki it's pretty grim to think that machines can actually replace artists. Imagine animators being screwed over far more than today by being out of jobs and being replaced by easily replacable robots. As an artist you'd probably go through an existential crisis as well. Miyazaki probably would be dead before AI would be advanced enough to be replacing artists, but I'm sure he'd feel concern for future generations whose passions are considered moot. Even worse if executives would think something mediocre would be considered enough to use as long as the machine made something presentable.

I

The AI animation presentation had nothing to do with how anime is made today. It was experimental technology, nobody uses it. The overwhelming majority of anime is also still hand-drawn with 3D elements only in a support role.

We don't.

Why would they? They distribute all his films. They were probably dancing around the conference table with glee at this news, because $

>>>/mlp/
>>>/fur/
>>>/gay/

We would if people doing CG just embraced the medium instead of attempting to make their shit look like 2D with the same limitations.

How to properly utilize CG:
>you don't need to cut and can move the camera around as much as you want

Good points. Video games have also embraced "cinematography" for no particular reason other than same lame desire to "elevate" games to film. The camera is most games is basically a film lens even in first person games, which makes no sense. I especially like the idea of 60fps+.

I just assumed there's a chance GKIDS would handle it, since Disney is now very much focused on its Marvel/Pixar/Star Wars/remake movies. Then again, Kathleen Kennedy and John Lasseter are now both on their payroll, so I guess anything's possible.

Hayao Miyazaki is a god damned pedophile.

Dude is making the same movie again and again for the last 20 years. A robot could very well do that. It IS the same disney crap just from japan.

Terry Funk retires way less than Hackazaki, and he's fucking Terry Funk.

no. he is a hebephil

make better yourself. get another 3-4 guys and you can make animated movie in a year.

truer words were never spoken

whats your favourite movie by miya-san? I like porco rosso, naushika and kiki the best

wasn't this that whole ai debacle that had some relation to people with disabilities or some retarded shit?

This meme only appears to make sense if you've never actually watched this movies.

His movies are nothing at all like Disney's. People sometimes say Ghibli is the Disney of Japan, but that means something else.

>>>/a/

definitely kiki

Overrated cartoon director.

He doesn't even make cartoons.

cartoon kino

go tell /a/

no