THIS IS IT LADS

THIS IS IT LADS

BVS IS NOW CERTIFIED POTTERY AND KINO

MARVEL CUCKS BTFO

It does look aesthetically pleasing and the composition is nice though.

???

???

its like you don't even understand this board.

At times I wish I didn't understand this board.

Snyder has always been great in the directing chair, the only problem is that he's shit at writing.

Every thread is the same thread

that's an undeniable fact, for sure. literally the same thoughts went through my head watching the video.

out of curiosity, when is symbolism not kino? it makes for some rather excellent shots, as OP shows.

Depends if it's well done. OP's vid is good because it's a mixture of art, biblical symbolism and motifs within the movie.
But there's a ton of movies that just slap in some superficial symbolism to pretend that they're good. You can't stand three crucifixes next to each other and say "the movie's all about christ, get it?" without anything else in the plot, imagery or dialogue conveying that.

I legitimately liked the extended cut of BVS. At the very least it wasn't derivative Marvel shit.

I can't wait for Snyder's take on The Fountainhead, tbh.

This video missed the visual references to Excalibur (1981), the ending battle where Superman shoves the spear through Doomsday and Doomsday stabs Superman is an homage to the ending of Excalibur where Arthur is stabbed by his son and he stabs his son. When Bruce and his parents come out of the theater in the beginning you can see that one of the films on the marquee is Excalibur.

I never thought I wild unironically ever think this but it's true. When I realised that Damon Lindelof was what made Prometheus any good at all my mind was blown. Keep dropping truth bombs, Holla Forums.

Oh we will dubsman, we will.

Capeshit at the end of the day is still capeshit. The only difference is that this one is Dawn of Capeshit.

This is as close to kino capeshit can possibly get though.

I want to see his experimental kinos.

See

Almost all the time.
You use symbolism to either reinforce an idea/theme that was the purpose of this movie or to combine it with another symbol/scene/whatever to reinforce said idea.

When you use symbolism for the sake of symbolism, it fails.

When you put superman's corpse on a rock with batman kneeling over him and wonder woman watching him from above with low lighting, that's kino, you're reinforcing the idea that sacrificing yourself for the betterment of humanity is superior to selfishness.
When you put George Clooney's corpse on a rock and his wife Jenny watches over him while Adam Sandler kneels and then Clooney stands up and jumpscares "it was but a ruse", that's not kino.

Nice. I like the use of the colour filter here, very reminiscent of the style of silent films and the short but explosive narrative is pretty great. It's minimalistic but the composition makes it rich.

Utter shit, no wonder it was made by george shitas.
2/10

You're a retard, tbh.

what's the allegory for the bad editing and writing though?

You're a retard, tbh.

I think the audiovisual collage at the end is pretty powerful, because we hear talk about freedom and how it is worth dying for and so forth but what we see is literally a man dying. It really makes you think, the seemingly disconnected chorus of rhetoric put against the end result of the very same talk.

imo it could have been kino if the resolution to the fight hadn't been butt-fucking retarded.
yeah okay buddy

probably the low critic score on RT

that's some shitty photoshopping

I hope

John Boorman is a true kinologist, Exorcist 2 is the most kino bad movie ever

That one I want to like, but I can't make it happen

That's the actual movie, fam. That's what happens when you hire cheap television directors to make your movie instead of hiring actual directors. Compare Marvel directors to DC ones.

DC: Zack Synder (long history of films), David Ayer (long history of films), Patty Jenkins (directed the feminist loved Monster, DC went out of their way to find an appropriate woman director for a woman led film)

Marvel: Joss Whedon (Reddit tier TV shows) Anthony and Joe Russo (literally directors form Reddit: The Show aka Community) Scott Derickson (generic horror schlock) the only good director Marvel had was Jon Favereu and working on Iron Man destroyed his talent anyways

But he didn't even write any of the DCEU films. David Goyer and Christopher Nolan wrote the script for Man of Steel, and Chris Terrio wrote the majority of BvS with Goyer. The only screenplays Zack Snyder has worked on is 300 and Sucker Punch, and it's obvious that only one of those two films in question sucked.

Let's not forget that the Russo Bros' only other film they directed besides Winter Soldier and Civil War is

FUCKING

YOU ME AND DUPREE

Have you seen the assembly cut?

That's a nice photo of Milo.

I still can't believe that Whedon shot the first Avergers movie in 16:9. No one said to him: "hey dude, it's not for TV".

Now that's just mean.