"If you stop the evil genocidal madman who does it all for fun by killing, then you are no better!"

"If you stop the evil genocidal madman who does it all for fun by killing, then you are no better!"

fuck off

"If you kill Joker you'll go full villain and start killing everybody you see"

"You can't kill Joker it's against the law unlike all those other times we break laws"

Fuck sake, OP. Don't be a huge edgelord, it actually freaks normal people out to have to take a life. Watch this episode of the D&D cartoon, which directly addresses the concept you're not dealing well with.

Taking a life isn't something that can be taken lightly. It might seem simple when it's one really nasty guy that nobody else can deal with, but if you're someone that has to deal with nasty people for a living, where you draw the line?

You fucking tourists need to go back where you came from.

What is the opposite of edge? Naive?

are you talking about the joker?

Then Ill just imprison/capture him instead

From the point of view of a rational and decently sane individual, then yes this would be absurd.

However, from the point of view of a mentally unsound and damaged individual who thinks the only way for the world to make sense to himself is if he spend his fortune on dressing up in a Halloween costume to personally punch criminals and psychopaths in the face, it would make sense that he'd not have faith in his own sanity to know when to stop killing criminals, and would empose a strict limitation on himself to not venture down that slippery slope.

You people need to go too

>goes back in time for only 20 minutes

That's a shit counterexample, Venger dies every other episode and persists as a phantom until he comes back next week. It would make little difference if they did plug him full of arrows instead of letting a fortress fall on him.

I understand not wanting to kill villains because you don't have the emotional capacity to handle the weight of taking a life, but if you choose not to kill somebody just because "it'd make you no better than them," you're kinda being a dick. You're just giving the villain the opportunity to kill even more innocent people. Their blood is on your hands all because you chose being "good" over saving lives

i think comics and board games have stunted your brain, user. nobody in real life gives a shit about psychos dying, and certainly no one would give a shit if the joker, were he real, got stabbed in the face by some vigilante. people would say good riddance.

I give up what is the problem with that. Are rich vigilantes different from poor ones?

yeah but if you kill him you can't use him as a villain next month.

And how does him being a billionaire enter into that?

loads of people get killed by law enforcement before getting to a trail. a lot of the time there is no issue with that at all; we accept the use of deadly force when the situation demands it. that's real life, buddy.

Because instant Justice is superior

If Batman's so unft then he should quit.

That's a mosederately valid point. My best guess as to how to reconcile that is by giving Bruce a hardline value set as to when a career supervillain becomes clearly okay to kill.

For example; Joker has, among other things, committed serial torturer, started and perpetuated the careers of fellow villains through coercion and psychological abuse, used infants as human shields, and amassed a body count in the thousands, and that's just in the baseline DC canon. Batman can make a rule for himself, "anyone with a rap sheet as long as the Joker's deserves death", and boom, he gets a hard line cut-off point to stop himself from slipping while still allowing himself to finally kill the clown.

user, Dredd is satire.

Joker would come back from being dead faster than he could break out of Arkham anyway

Poor naive fool

if the joker was black, you might've had a point.

If you kill your enemies they win.

Not to mention that not killing a villain just because of your "principles" when it is a known fact that he will escape jail and kill more people is just selfish/dumb. This makes me think of that scene in TDKR when Batman shoots the perp threatening a kid hostage: Batman doesn't like guns, but if it's to save an innocent he will use them.

But that's real world logic, fuck it. Comic book super-heroes shouldn't kill.

I'd say that's pretty edgy.

I think it's okay as long as the death is satisfying story-wise or it isn't canon. Look at the Joker's in DKR.

It just shouldn't be widespread, or accepted as a regular tactic. You're right that they are superheroes. Do you really want Batman to solve all of his problems with killing? Can you possibly imagine how much blood he'd have on his hands? A scene where Superman stops some bank robbers wouldn't quite be the same if superman just ripped their heads off or incinerated them with his heat vision. Or say, broke their necks?

No matter what Garth Ennis and Mark Millar tell you, 90% of the time murder isn't heroic, at least not when there's a better option.

Friendly reminder that, yes, the Nazis were evil.

uhm, no they weren't you nigger sjw, it's all like, jewish propaganda. I mean, get redpilled, Nazis never killed anybody, holohoax was a caust.

Kill. Yourself.

That's pretty much what he does in BTAS.

Funnily enough, pretty sure TDK's Joker didn't go to Arkham; given his totally unknown status and outright terroristic acts, he was definitely shipped right off to Gitmo and probably didn't live long.

And Dredd actually uses lethal force only when warranted and sends perps to prison. And he goes after corrupt Judges most rapidly of all.

Let's face it, Dredd in the modern day would be the best damn cop on any police force.

…Wew. Lad…

There's a difference between being finding emotional difficulty in taking a life and trying to argue that a killing a psychopath to save lives is no better than being a psychopath yourself.

Unless you're arguing that characters only come up with the "you're no better" line of reasoning because they want an excuse not to do something that they are not emotionally willing to do. In which case you are spot on.

And the guy from Die Hard, and the guy from most cop movies. There are no people who can become Dredd.

Because everyone seems to forget that Ol' Dreddy is a by-the-book guy, enforcing the law and give the prep a proper judgement comes first and foremost

where do you think you are?

The side that actually won the war due to not having to have written permission from The President to use the good shit?

Thank you

I don't know, it sort of seems like it's a Phyrric victory to me

Actually that's not a bad point, but then people wouldn't buy Batman books if the guy behind the cowl wasn't Bruce Wayne, so that's not likely to happen.

Besides, some of the replacement talent for Bats wasn't really an improvement on the sanity scale.

Feels bad.

How ?

he's making fun of justin tredau

I know, but how does that logic even works ?

You have to be Canadian to understand.

Pay no attention to Justin Trudeau, we purposely trained him wrong, as a joke

fuck off

dude, you need to get laid.

Cops and soldiers kill people all the time. Civilians kill people in self-defense all the time. Someone fighting super villains should be expected to kill whenever necessary.

Look everyone, watch as the pathetic naziboo's world crumbles around him.

L O L
O
L

This is why cape shit is fictional.

shut up lol