Why is it so fucking hard to find a decent laptop nowadays?

My 4 year old HP Winblows laptop stopped working about a month ago. I've been spending the past month for about a couple of minutes each day trying to find a decent laptop that isn't completely shit tier quality to no avail.

It seems that every manufacturer from A - Z sells complete and utter dog shit choices for laptops. I would pickup a Chincpad, but Lenovo has been caught multiple times in the past preloading some sketchy ass software onto their shit.

What would Holla Forums do in my situation?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Take the x86 blinders off

use the damn sticky

laptops are nigger technology

kill yourself for using a laptop

My next laptop is likely going to be the retro thinkpad assuming they don't fuck it up.

If this affects you suck a musket

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: JDF

Will it have a 16:10 or gasp 4:3 screen?
I will not buy 16:9.

I was told 16:10 was confirmed.
16:9 would be them fucking it up.
However, now I can't find any news about it and I've been digging through leddit and search engines for fifteen minutes.
I have to go ask my faggot friend whether he was just talking out his ass.

I'd obviously not buy if it was 16:9, just like I wouldn't buy if it didn't have a trackpoint or if they made it thin and curvy.

Nothing is officially confirmed. The only reason Lenovo did that survey was to see how many people are interested in a laptop with "Retro" label on it.

Chinks don't give a single fuck, they earn more money selling 20 different cheap laptop models preloaded with shitware then they would selling "Retro" thinkpads.

Some Lenovo representative said in an interview that it would be cool to release Thinkpad Retro on their 25 years of Thinkpad (I think). So pretty much a one time thing to generate hype and sell more shit.

I gave up on looking for a proper laptop. I have searched all, they are all shit in some way.

Shit display/trackpad.

Ultrabook meme that heats up if you do any work at all.

I hate saying this, but the only laptop with good screen, good battery life, enough performance, no heating up, good trackpad is Macbook Pro. But then again it is very overpriced, shit OS, weird keyboard and not that well put together on the inside. If you watch any Louis Rossmann Youtube videos you can see that.

People give Lenovo too much slack for their Thinkpad line. Some things like battery life, display color quality, touchpad are absolutely shitty.

Having a TrackPoint is not an excuse to also have shit touchpad. For that price that you're paying you should have both.

Buy a mac.

He wants to change his laptop. Not his sexuality.

My bad. He's already a homo.

buy a mac

What about dual GPU support in GNU/Linux?

I bought a chinkpad and am pretty satisfied since it's a great laptop compared to the one i owned before.

Just install a libre os on it and remove every piece of wangblows

Go on Ebay, buy a Chinkpad X60 that has no OS and is missing things like a hard drive or RAM. Buy RAM, New HD, and new Wifi Card. You can now flash Libreboot on this X60 and with the right WIFI card you can use Trisquel right out of the box.

DELL ALIENWARE M14X M18X BIGFOOT NETWORKS KILLER 1103 is the card that I use and can support godtier speeds of 200 MBs off wifi and it uses FOSS drivers so you can have Trisquel.

Only issue with this laptop is that you have to use the red keyboard mouse since it doesn't have a mousepad but you can just turn up the settings on your system to accomidate.

Mine was the rare 64 bit versions and it was on Ebay for $50, put in a spare SSD, Wifi Card for $24, and new keyboard for $10. In total if you count the SSD as half price thats another $50.

In total that is $134 which is less than most chromebooks.

That's a feature, user. I wish mine didn't have a trackpad at all. I've settled for disabling it in BiOS.

To each their own user. The good part about this laptop is that it is compact as fuck which is the cost for removing the touchpad.

Look at the Chinese 51nb ThinkPad X62 mod for enthusiasts. I would look at made in Japan laptops too (Fujitsu, Panasonic Let's Note, VAIO).

What's the point of this script? Half of these words get used by ordinary folks on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure we're all being monitored just for being on this website.
A few people purposely inserting NSA buzzwords into their posts isn't going to throw a wrench in anything.

Then make it more than a few.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: Offensive Information Warfare

when was the last time you saw a nigger with a laptop?

does gluing their two iphones together count?

Touché.

No but you gave me a laugh.
not who you responded to

Panasonic Let's Note laptops look awesome

Shame they don't even sell the RZ4 outside of japan.

45WH 10.1" haswell should get pretty decent battery life too.

Older chinkpads are best, especially if you coreboot them.

You need to bring a power adapter with you for anything that old. Anything pre sandy bridge is almost worthless away from battery.

Haswell is where batterylife starts getting comfy.

Latitudes are pretty decent normie laptops too.