This may sound weird, but almost every night I hear "fireworks"

This may sound weird, but almost every night I hear "fireworks"
I assumed it was jackasses setting off illegal fireworks, but sometimes I wonder if it's gunshots.
I live in Southern California, and I hear these "booms" usually only one at a time. Almost all times of the year, but it's close to July 4th, so maybe some people can't wait. (forgetting that fireworks are actually illegal in most of California anyway, because it's so dry and can start fires)

Just genuinely curious if it's possible to tell gunshots from fireworks

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq5.html#nfaq5.3
youtube.com/watch?v=oYqPAkCZfiI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fireworks you fucking retard.

This. or bait lol. Keked once. twice three

yes it's easy to tell the difference

whats a slide? kek

Do you live around Anaheim (Disneyland) you fucking tard?

I'm not trying to be a "slide"
I think i'm borderline retard/autistic

i hear what I think are fireworks, but it's illegal where i live, (inland) I was just wondering.
Basically, if i hear a boom, but no police sirens, i assume it's fireworks

You know where you could have posted your shitpost that has nothing to do with politics if you didn't want to slide? Fucking >>>Holla Forums

Gunshots are usually much louder than fireworks available to the general public.

The professional stuff you see on the 4th of July sound very much like a mortar or rocket detonating.

sage for being a monumental gunless faggot who doesn't understand physics

It's possible, but not usually. Both fireworks and firearms munitions are low velocity explosives, so they just sound like a pop at distance. If it's just one at a time spaced out, it's most likely some shitheads or chugs lighting off mortars or m80s somewhere.

On the other hand with a little experience you can tell the difference between a low velocity explosive like munitions or fireworks, and high velocity explosives like TNT or c4 by the tell tale crack created when the speed of the combustion front exceeds the speed of sound.

Unless you hear the pops in quick succession but not a standard tempo, it's probably just fireworks.

fucking reservation near by and from june to august you can't go 2 hours without hearing someone lighting off some goddamn mortars

Why the hell are you posting this on Holla Forums?
Go to >>>Holla Forums with this shit.

I live in Long Beach. Same thing happens 2, 3 times a day.

I decided to post on Holla Forums because it seems like gun related topics are something Holla Forums is interested in

i know i may sound naive, but i can't tell the difference,

i will just assume it's fireworks, leftover fireworks.
i dunno

MFW Lel

6/10 had a slight chuckle.

Nothing in the catalog worth sliding.

Read this. You might be able to make it through the whole thing before summer ends.

nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq5.html#nfaq5.3

Kek I know that feel. Since early June every night I've heard one or two loud cracks. Dismissed it as fireworks. But thoughts have crossed my mind. Why light just one firecracker?

Southern California

Heard a lot recently in LB myself. I thought they were gunshots at first, turns out it was beaners setting off fireworks one at a time late at night. This is what we get with diversity.

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=oYqPAkCZfiI

This has been happening to me the past few days. I'm pretty sure it's just fireworks, although it's usually just one "pop" sound.

You can buy fireworks in Tijuana every day of the year.

When it's really gunshots, you'll know. Protip: shooters rarely shoot just once. People setting off illegal fireworks shoot one off and then move so they don't get caught.

There was a shooting three blocks away from here a few months ago and the difference between gunshots and fireworks is pretty plain.

Happy 4th faggot.

MY FUCKING SIDES
How is it in Alaska?
I'm considering moving there one day.

Jesus christ, OP

kek

Rural is nice but expensive.

Anchorage is cheap but lots of nogs.

Also: fishing communities with canneries get flooded with spics and nogs every summer.

ALL THE GUNS AND FIRE YOU COULD EVER WANT

Same thing happens, but its easy to tell the difference. That and I can see the fireworks going off.