Grant Morrison

Damn this is trash.

Everything after the Jack arc is really lame.
Easily Morrison's worst. It's one of his only works that doesn't really tie into all his usual meta themes and it shows that he needs that angle to be great.

Mr. Nobody is a good character though.

I'm on issue 55 and I might drop it. Yikes.

Thoughts on Doom Patrol?

I made a thread a while but I want to see if anybody else had anything to say.

Is the Kupperberg run preceding Morrison's even worth reading? I just find it interesting that the most notable DP run kinda starts out in the aftermath of something else.

Is Supergods worth a read?

Haven't read it. Morrison thinks it sucks tho.

I just read chunks from it about whatever grant comic I happen to be reading at the time, but yeah his perspective is interesting.

Not even close user, not even close.

Other than blacking Trevor, I liked WW E1.

So you liked Hercules being a rapist and Diana being a lesbo before she got off the island? Not to mention outside of Trevor all the men are portrayed as idiots, assholes or villains.

I liked how different it was, plus the art was good.

Grant is a cuck though, i'll give you that.

Sounds true to the original comics.

This facts should all come into play if there is ever a JLA/Sonic crossover. Everyone will get roboticized except Wonder Woman, because woman power.

I like the idea of Doom Patrol a lot, but it was never handled the way I fully enjoyed I think that grounded black comedy with sporadic surreal elements would fit the team well. Don't waste your time with Morrison's run if you don't enjoy it, and try original stuff or Griffen's run instead. There is also Gerard Way's Doom Patrol coming soon, and hopefully it will be good.

I wouldn't say so, but I liked most of the original stuff, first half of Morrisn's run, and Keith Giffen's run from 2009, so make of that what you will.
Didn't read Supergods.

I don't even care anymore… I just want to see Marvel and DC die.

Way's run is gonna most likely suck because I fear that he's just gonna do what Morrison did instead of doing his own thing.

I liked Morrison's Doom Patrol run and I'd rather new writers do their own thing with the title instead of trying to replicate the past.

But DC has published some of the best comics ever.
Baby with the bathwater?

That baby is long dead.

The KFC comics prove there are still heroes left in man.

That was freelance work.

No, it was Freedom work.

Way's style was always influenced by Morrison, but it seems that he will do his own thing based on few interviews I have read. As long as it will be more like a Spiderverse and Umbrealla Academy instead of Killjoys, it will be fine.

t. cucks

Grant Morrison has written precisely two good comics: Animal Man and JLA. Parts of his New X-Men are fine too and the way he changed the mutant status quo was great.

Everything else is just self-indulgent garbage though from a guy who thinks he's a deeper thinker than he actually is. He's the Oasis of comicbooks.

The problem is you can't do that, otherwise people will complain that it's "not Doom Patrol". Arcudi tried to do something different and while I generally liked it and liked the characters, look where that got it (and the characters).

xDDDDDDDD

I think Morrison's a pretentious dickhead too but even Arnold Drake,who created the Doom Patrol, had to admit that, of all the people who have ever tried to revive Doom Patrol, only Morrison came to the closest to doing what Drake set out to do with it.

Morrison's run was better than fucking Rachael Pollack and her WRITE CRAZY JANE OUT OF CONTINUITY BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE RAPE AS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT bullshit.

How was Keith Giffen's run? I hear he somehow managed to reconcile ALL the versions of DP, even Byrne's hard reboot.

Gothic was decent, although the Legends of the Dark Knight arcs that immediately followed were much better

RIP itself was decent

Everything else was just self congratulatory masturbatory crap. Plus he gave us the worst version of Robin and shafted the best Robin in favour of him.

Did I post this?

No, you didn't. I did. It, one earlier post, and this one, are the only things I posted to this thread.

Why did you think you posted it?

All 10/10

But his JLA was shit.

Y'all motherfuckers need to read Zenith.

Also Seaguy, The Invisibles, The Filth, and We3, but mostly y'all motherfuckers need to read Zenith.

I honestly didn't mind Marvel Boy and Skrull Kill Krew, but they were too fucking short to develop the ideas.

I thought that it was implied Hercules was just trying to fool his man into thinking he was raping Hera to gain status, and Hera was in on it.

I never read Zenith but it seems very different from the occult awesomeness that is Invisibles or the weird shit happening in Filth.

The Invisibles was topnotch you nigger.
And parts of his runs on Authority and Hellblazer were pretty good too.

Did anyone read Multiversity?

Yeah and it was great.

Hell yeah motherfucker. I remember seeing black Superman on the cover of an issue and thinking, "God damn, not this shit again," but Morrison's name made me give it a shot. It felt like a perfect summation of DC, and I loved that this massive battle could happen without even slightly disturbing the nu52, as a testament to how fucked modern capeshit is.