Dude you're complaining about realism? The show/movie has [fantasy/sci-fi element] in it!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verisimilitude_(fiction)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Personally, my thing is more about consistency with in the universe they set up. If they are going to create a new world they need to be with the rules they set up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verisimilitude_(fiction)

Also

A movie has to establish and follow it's own rules.

it's not like there's any other style of humor

t. Joss Whedon

I can give it a pass depending on the setting, but I do hate when things that were previously full of suspension of disbelief (say, comics), not have to have realism (lol spandex, we must use tacticool Kevlar clothing that kinda resembles the original outfit but with darker palette), let alone covering up a girl because it's problematic but the guys are showing their buff bodies with no problem.

I can ignore having a guy covered in plate armor and the female wearing a bikini armor if the setting is either an edgefest or pure fantasy, not a semi-realistic setting, same goes for the physics and feats displayed.

As much as I like Captain America, it's sometimes very hard to believe that a man with peak Olympic condition can get into a fistfight with demigods or cyborgs just because of "human spirit", even if it can be cool.

Sauron would have seen them coming and would have sent the dragon raith aaftetr ateh

Peak condition means he can replicate any feat a normal human did. Which means he can drag tractor trailers but also run a sub 4 minute mile.

Obviously. A story does not have to be 100% logical, but you can't do that all the time or it stops making sense.

The humor in most hero or action movies is really repetitive. It's always the same "witty" one-liner everyone has heard before.

No one cares.

Come on, don't you get annoyed when chambering a round in a shotgun becomes sentence punctuation?

Gun autists are the worst. The all think their autistic special interest being something vaguely manly, as opposed to anime, makes them not autistic. Same thing with people who like cars and sports.

Remember: in the end, it isn't about sounding like the smartest person in the room. You don't want to come off as arrogant; the goal is just to make it look like you're not the least informed person in the room. With a bit of practice, you should be able to handle most conversations with little difficulty

Rattling on about engines and v8s to people who have no interest doesn't make you sound smart. It makes you sound like someone who lacks social awareness. You're that kid who can never shut up about sonic and nintendo.

Lucky I don't talk to people or read others' opinions on movies tbh.
This is artery-explosion levels of rage.

aaaaaaa

If you have the final word and simply summarize the good points made by everyone else, people will remember your contribution more than the people who really came up with the idea. I'm not suggesting that you steal others ideas, but restating the best ideas (even when giving others credit) will make you look smarter.

THE FUCKING EXPLOSION OF THE REPUBLIC SHOULDN'T BE VISIBLE FROM THAT GODDAMN TEMPLE PLANET IT IS THOUSANDS OF LIGHT YEARS APART AND IF MY NORMALFAG FUCKING FRIENDS DON'T UNDERSTAND RELATIVITY OR THE SPEED OF LIGHT THEN I AM GOING TO EXPLAIN IT TO THEM. FUCK YOU JJ ABRAMS YOU ARE TRYING TO JUSTIFY HACK WRITING.

Yeah, that's the problem with the modern world, isn't it. People mistake memorisation for intelligence.

No that's the old world actually, which is why the current schooling system is deemed "outdated" by anyone with at least half a brain.

Snarky 4th wall remarks in a movie

Why bother wearing armor on the character in the first place when he doesn't get hit once??

Depends how old you're talking. 50 years. 100. 1000.

Well ever since the Prussian schooling system from 1754 (or around that) took precedence over all the other schooling systems.

TBH the reason why eagles weren't used is becouse only Gandalf could summon them. Of course we could count the fact that Nazguls and Sauron's stare would destroy them. Even if there wouldn't be any of that, Eagles aren't exactly pack animals.
And Frodo would probably get mad since the ring would become very heavy and uberable for him since the distance to Mt. Doom would shrink a lot faster.
The walk into Mordor actually prepared him gradually for the weight of the ring.

People still need to act rationally and the fantasy world still has to have consistent rules. Now a days though those simple concepts are thrown out the window as a shitty writer's way to advance the plot, most notably in capeshit.

>DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF

LOL

what if the only rule is THERE ARE NO RULES

wtf, that's dumb
so dumb, it might work!

So basically Cabin in the Woods?

Disney must have some kind of style guide for writers, I hope it gets leaked some day

I just can't stop seeing this everywhere after taking the red pill

literally Reddit: The Movie