Okay I was willing to give this show another chance because as bad it is it is sadly one of the few shows on CN that...

Okay I was willing to give this show another chance because as bad it is it is sadly one of the few shows on CN that knows it's for kids.

Anyway long story short they had a week long Island event where the Titans get stuck on an Island and have wacky adventures and it was pretty decent for the most part, the jokes were still meh but at least you could tell they were trying to put effort into them this time around.

Then the final part came and they pull more "Her der look how dumb our haters our" jokes and it just pissed me off, because they were showing signs of involving but then ruined it by going back to talking shit about the fans of the old series and trolling them.

I mean this show has shown potential in the past with The Light Begins To Shine episode, why can't they just do more episodes that are just fun and not "Hey lets keep taking digs at the old fans".

Also Slade shows up at the end……

Don't waste your time, user. The show thinks "look we're breaking the 4th wall xDDD" is comedy gold every time they use it, plus every time they make a joke about the audience, it's ALWAYS about how people hate their show because it's a failed abortion from the original series.

Even the jokes where an effort is made to try and be """"""funny"""""" is mediocre at best and cringe worthy at worst.

Gotta give 'em props for that.
The show has the potential to be good by just being a parody of comics, as it occasionally is. But they've gotten too ramped up in 'le randumb xD' and 'haha suck it haters' to be any good.

Easily could've had plenty of meta jokes about their old series or taken advantage about how stupid comics are most of the times, but most are their jokes fall in line with the same kind of humor of a typical tumblr tween.

Any show that's lacks enough confidence in itself to routinely attempt and fail to tear down it's detractors in-universe is never worth your time.

This is what, the fourth or fifth time they've dedicated screen time to shitting on the people who dislike the show for stealing the name of a beloved franchise and shitting all over it with low-brow humor and offensively stupid low effort garbage gags from people who admittedly had no attachment or affection for the franchise in the first place?

Yeah, it's garbage, why don't you just find the original show somewhere and re watch that?

Also, a show can know it's for kids and not be insulting to their fucking intelligence.

It's sad because they do occasionally do hilarious stuff, so you can see it can be good. They had some episode about the really old TT once, with Star having the puffed hair and the whole thing written like an old comic, and that's cool. Or the whole 'SERIOUS' episode, or the scene where Robin has a dream and it's in the fucking style of the old TT and he dreams about making out with Starfire. Shit like that was great. But it's just… Shit now.

I gotta wonder if the voice actors even like the show. The only time I ever recall laughing is that whole cyborg beating meat joke.

But all those episodes you mentioned were shit.

They're all pretty much industry veterans, so I'm sure they know what kind of shlock they're working on. It's just another gig for them right now, that's probably all it is.

They love working together and doing this show

I remember liking the early episodes that delved into meta humor about the DC universe. If they had went in that direction, I don't think people would be mad at it for not being a revived season for that old Teen Titans cartoon. For whatevr reason, they've decided to go in the lol randumb direction because effort has become hard. The worst of those is when they focus on Robin as the incompetent leader who has terrible things happen to him.

The worse part is when they're trying to get back at the "haters" in what they working on. From my experience, it never works out and it just makes me think lesser of the people involved because they couldn't separate their professional and personal work. It didn't work for Simpsons, and sure didn't work for Ghostbusters 2016. Also, I've seen a surplus of terrible troll episodes in cartoons and live shows recently. The wander over yonder and powerpuff girl 2016 come to mind. Sometimes not addressing someone in particular but done in a very condescending and simplistic tone that it's like those corny psa's like "don't copy that floppy". Trolls exist, I get it. Sheesh.

If there was anyone clever writing for these shows, there'd at least be one where someone reads a comment that is actually reasonable but the main character interprets that as a troll comment. Bans or removes their comments and feels the backlash of not understanding of what an actual troll is and one who is a critic of your work trying to help or debate them. I don't think anyone would be clever enough to do that because the writers are limited by their own interpetations. Their perspective is limited to the scope of their past feelings at the time, crafted into their work space of that moment and the time it takes before their work reaches the mainstream audience's ears. A stale comment that could easily be done over twitter where all idiots vent fustration at their own inadequacies. No need to go through that long process with tons of money involved to just say "well, I disagree & fuck you!".

They would never do it because the writers aren't self aware enough to make fun of their lack of talent and how they've butchered any semblance of humor from a show that is advertised as being "oh so funny and wacky".

OP here again and the reason I gave this show another chance is like I said I liked the idea that they were finally doing something different with the series.

Yeah the reason they couldn't use their powers in the Island was pretty lazy but then again the first episode of the event was meant to be a parody of Gilligan's Island and well that show was notorious for coming up with reasons as to why the main cast couldn't just build a boat and leave the Island.

Hell I'll even go so far as to say I liked the dinosaur episode because it took the piss out of Jurassic Park and raptors being able to open doors.

It's just a fucking shame seeing the writers once again go back to "Herp de derp aren't our haters dumb lol".

I can't imagine how baffling these jabs at the old fans are to kids who enjoy the show. If you're going to make a show for kids, then make a show for kids, not a show about how stupid people on the internet are for not liking your show for kids.

I know and that's what's so sad about this show, when they first started they were just trying to make a goofy cartoon filled with shitty "lol randumb" humor but then they decided to make entire episodes just to troll fans of the old show.

Most kids who've seen this show don't know what the original Teen Titans show was because they weren't watching CN back then.

I consider them a hilarious bonus for those of us who get a kick out of watching them rail on the haters and the haters in turn railing back at them

No mention of the Girls' Night Out and the Battle of the Sexes episodes? Those were just terrible because of how unpredictably "girls rool boys drool" they turned out. And it's not like the show is afraid to show any of the female Titans as complete idiots. Not that the opposite of having the boys win would've been any better.

Honestly though, it's mostly crap with a few gems here and there.

What episode are you talking about? I can only think you talking about The Troll, but the entire message of that episode was to not feed the trolls.

Oh god the shitty GNO two prater they did where the boys get kidnapped by the Brain and they're plans of escaping always backfire on them.

Not to mention the ending where the girls just leave because the boys were too annoying to save.

Still Pamela Adlon as Rose makes my goddamn dick hard.

That's because you're a weeaboo and would have hated this show even if it was amazing, because it's not the old Teen Titans.
It could be an action show called Teen Titans and just based around a different version of the Teen Titans and you'd still be crying about it.

Joker looks like a cross between New Batman Adventures and The Batman

……….. BANE?

Imagine getting paid to show up at work every day and voice these buffoons.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did it all in one take. Who gives enough of a shit to try harder?
I'd milk it, too.

Aye

Why does he wear the mask?

Nu-Simpsons insulted it's critics?

Perhaps he was wondering why someone would insult a fan before throwing their ratings out of a plane.

If I lower your ratings will you get cancelled?

It would be extremely painful.

To be fair Tara Strong has long since given a fuck about putting any effort into the characters she voices.

She gave a fuck about not being invited back for nu-PPG

She really only has a handful of voices she uses for everything: the Batgirl/Twilight/Juliet Starling voice, the Timmy Turner voice, and like a couple one-off ones.

I love how they keep making fun of the old fans. I never watch this show, because it's largely written for kids and, hey, that's okay.

I know it's sacrilege not to treat superhero comic books super seriously, but can't kids just have a cartoon? Adventure Time and Steven Universe fans always boast about how they're children's cartoons that appeal to adults, but the CalArts autists have become far more concerned with appealing to adults than engaging with children. Vid-related is the most infamous example.

At least there's one show aimed at children rather than manchildren, and its ratings reflect that.

Elegantly stated. I have a young son who adores TTG, because it's bright and stupid and he's a toddler so this works. The mere statement of this fact has had the power to antagonize adults both IRL and online, who will drone on and on about what Teen Titans once was. Meanwhile the toddler is having the time of his short life because he sincerely doesn't give a shit

Except that most of the time it doesn't even parody superheroes, it just feels like a kid-friendly version of Seinfeld with more lolrandumb humor. When it does parody superheroes or at least try to be more than randumb it can be decent. But it doesn't and it's really obvious when it's the case to anybody older than 12.

But I guess it works for younger kids since they don't really care and can be easily entertained by bright colors and loud noises like Scott Menville yelling everytime Robin appears.

Gumball does randumb better anyway

I can't help but think of that joke from that shitty Kevin Smith cartoon movie where they build up her replacing Mark Hamlet, and when the character speaks, it's an ill-fitting voice she's done.

ITT: jojofags calling another show shit despite having shit taste themselves

You can appeal to kids without insulting their intelligence. I'd like to think that people would rather show their children things they won't be embarrassed to know they watched later on in their life. It doesn't have to be some "intelligent", "mature, or "enlightened" piece of entertainment, but it shouldn't just pander to them with empty, colorful fluff. Classic and Renaissance Disney animated films are examples of things kids will enjoy greatly that aren't just pointless pandering (with a few exceptions).

Get over yourself.

You don't think TTG will have any rewatch value for kids that are like 7 now? I've watched one or two episodes while high with friends and they thought it was great, although it really depends on the episode you watch.

Also imagine watching only TTG and finding out at around 14 that there was a whole other show before it that was actually done well.

I don't know what pisses me off more about this whole deal, the pretentiousness of this entire scene or the fact that there were people praising this like if it was the 2nd coming of the Emperor

Teen titans go is desperate to be another "meme bait/reaction image factory" show like king of the hill, Ed edd n eddy or classic Spongebob. But doesn't understand that those shows used absurdity as a punchline rather than just sprinkling it randomly throughout the plot.
It also makes references just for the sake of references about things that even the characters in the show are too young to even care about. Like it will just mention the A-team without any form of joke around it.

I think you're onto something there, user. This is the type of shit school lunch conversation is made of, and it really is a brilliant way to keep up the momentum of an aging IP. That is, dumbing it down for the next generation while already having on hand something that will keep their interest and that they can grow into.

You guys can say what you want about the quality of DC/Warner products, but at the end of the day they know how to keep their buzz up.

Full Holla Forums really is closer to its half counterpart than any other board. At least, it isn't Holla Forums.

To be fair watching this sequence stoned is a pretty amazing experience.

Eh, I don't see the appeal in this one. Everyone loved it when the ep came out, but it's just a really long robot unicorn reference with a similar-ish song.

Like I said, watching this episode stoned is fucking amazing dude.

Watching it sober? It's boring and the song gets repetitive as all hell.

The Leg episodes made my dick hard.

user. It taken Warner Bros literally ten fucking years to cash in on the Titans hype in their recent comic and that fucking Terrible TTVSJL movie.Before the only time they showed up was a Beast Boy doll in the Outsiders and a shot of the first TTGO comic cover on a TV screen in Johns's Titan and later on in the Titans Tomorrow Arc, where Cyborg armor had the blue highlights from the show.

I doubt they intended it because that would implied for the most part, they're competent.

Topless Raven is best Raven.

Whoa! I didn't know one of the writers for TTGO posted here.

The problem is that TTGO is raping a franchise that we all appreciated when we were kids with the cold cynicism of a corporate buttfucking. You can make a stupid show for kids without insulting their intelligence, and you can do it without raping someone else's work in the process.

How?

Just admit you're a fucking weeaboo. The old TT aged like fucking milk.

Can't admit to something that's not true in the slightest, I've watched a grand total of like three Anime in my lifetime.

And TTGO doesn't age at all, because it's dead on arrival.

You've clearly never watched the original show, which just lends credence to the fact that you're either part of the staff or an idiot. Admittedly those things are not mutually exclusive.

Nignog do you remember the original show? I had good memories of it.
I tried to rewatch clips of it a while back. And found how badly it aged. It's from a year when all the kids were weebs and ate up anything that looked sorta anime-like.
The original TT had even worse humor than TTGO has.

My sweet summer child, I'm so sorry, I didn't know I was dealing with a Retard. I'll let you enjoy your mindless entertainment, I understand that those who suffer higher brain functions can only handle that sort of thing.

You can't bitch about TTGo's randumb crap and defend TT's humor in one go. Starfire ears mustard bc LEL QUIRKY XD and the pie/waffle/taco crap TTGo's randumb humor revolves around was something they adopted from TT.

Starfire eats mustard because she's an alien who doesn't know any better, the humor stems from her ignorance, not from it being a random thing for her to do.

That and in one episode she uses it to her advantage to hide Silkie.

Or when Silkie ate the couch.

Ugh, it's like both shows were made by some asshole with the Christopher Hart How To Draw Manga books.
I'm going to go read some Wolfman/Perez Titans to get the taste of television executive dick out of my mouth.

Think that that was what meant is half-chan.

Have you seen those books? Hart can't draw manga either, he just slaps speed lines and big eyes on everything.
SAME AS TT DID.
Unless you're trying to argue that TT wasn't an attempt by the executives to cash in on animoo. C'mon, the theme song was by Shonen Knife, the only Japanese band everybody can name.

You need seriously watch more anime instead of just calling everything that has an anime inspired style an anime wanna be.

I'm sorry, you seem to have a reaction image confused with a rebuttal.

And you seem to think that calling anything you don't like anime makes it anime.

Yep, just another normal day on Holla Forums.

I sit around my house smoking weed all day and even I know TTGO is hot, steaming garbage.
Get your shit together, user, drugs aren't an excuse for shit taste, faggot.

Seriously though how the fuck did the show manage to get Lebron to guest star?

they leased him a caddilac

Isn't he attached to WB's new Space Jam?

What? What makes you say that?

Yeah that movie ain't getting out of production hell.

Someone at the writing staff has a serious peeing fetish.

I can't believe this whole island adventure led up to a rip off of a episode from Regular Show.

She also played as Spinelli.

Did you expect anything else from this show?

no

Reminder that this is what the show considers to be good humor.

Christopher Hart was a good man

I have to wonder why the voice actors even agreed to do this. It seems so cringey and just a massive shit in the face of the old series that they used to talk about how much they loved doing them.

parents should not be letting their kids watch this show.

listen to yourself mang

parents DON'T CARE what the little shits are watching, specially if it stops em from being a nuisance for 15 to 30 minutes

Like I keep saying, Drawn Together syndrome

You think they give a fuck about the old show when they're getting paid hard dollar to come in and do shit like this?
It's probably the easiest gig any of them have ever had, and kids eat this shit up.
I wish I had a job like that.

To be fair, if I could get paid just by saying a bunch of stupid shit, I'd do it.

Fuck, at this point I'd be amazed if they weren't treating the whole thing like an excuse to get together and get drunk at work. Who'd notice the difference?

It's sad because at one point parents did care, but they were chastised and made fun of for noticing the harmful shit in children's media. I used to love cartoons and even learned the ins and outs of animation to make my own, but the further we go the more I wonder if Mr. Rogers wasn't right when he called cartoons visual bombardment.

They've done that ever since the Poochy episode, but they've gotten worse about it.

So the voice actors became massive faggots who actually like voice acting for a shit show that craps all over the old fan base constantly? How did they become that fucking retarded. I mean, I knew Strong became a retarded and oversensitive douche a while ago.

bu-bump

That's really funny, considering the fact that Beast Boy, Cyborg and Starfire were the breakout roles for their respective VA's.

You know what makes Peter Cullen so great? It's the fact that he takes being Optimus Prime so seriously because he knows the character is a pop culture icon and that tons of people look up to him and he refuses to do the Prime voice for cheap low brow humor.

Now before anybody brings up the live action Transformers movies, know that Cullen did refuse to say a line about violence in the media in the first movie because he knew deep down that Prime would never say that.

These faggots on the other hand don't give two shits and would rather get paid peanuts to act like a bunch of retards in a recording booth.