Codemonkey fix your shit #9: THANK YOU LORD CODEMONKEY FOR FIXING SAVE AS ORIGINAL FILENAME Edition

Now fix the fucking CAPTCHA, it does nothing but degrade legitimate users and destroy the posting experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Holla Forums in 2016 td;lr

>poal poal.me/sta2e

Previous threads:

Season 1:
0 archive.is/Jg6IO
1 archive.is/c45aW
2 archive.is/5tI1J
3 archive.is/dmyKZ
4 archive.is/N5IgL
5 archive.is/eVBpG
6 archive.is/HJv62
7 archive.is/M5mrM
8 archive.is/3NQM5
9 archive.is/AaTUR
10 archive.is/BZLlF
11 archive.is/AvTsZ
100 archive.is/OFWKI
13 archive.is/gHkfO
14 archive.is/4bn7u
15 archive.is/lCeqO
16 archive.is/kH4hA
17 archive.is/PJOxM
18 archive.is/FclM3
19 archive.is/GBvuA
20 archive.is/azrPd
21 archive.is/YQaUh

Season 2:
1 archive.is/oKm1r
2 archive.is/Pk32c
3 archive.is/zObod
4 archive.is/CJ993
5 archive.is/8Jje3
6 archive.is/8nAQr
7 archive.is/WEawv
8 archive.is/lsBO0

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/g9mg5q
8ch.net/privacy.pdf)
8ch.net/lorenzolog.txt
archive.is/9gL9M
8ch.net/index.html.1
pastebin.com/WP7k38gA
8ch.net/ips_ron_3232.txt
archive.is/6QXAW
8ch.net/bui.txt
archive.is/wJWDB
8ch.net/int.sql
pastebin.com/w1xCeC6g
archive.is/c45aW
8ch.net/pages.sql
pastebin.com/b2xHjhKr
pastebin.com/D1AwKqgS
pastebin.com/9bfpRF2J
pastebin.com/femcRKJh
8ch.net/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG
pastebin.com/JnE6JPzS
8ch.net/maxes.txt
archive.is/xIq52
8ch.net/dirsizes.txt
archive.is/nmLQx
8ch.net/.bash_history
pastebin.com/2S6Kg8F8
8ch.net/inc/.nfs0000000004d8002400000001
pastebin.com/QuRnXwK8
8ch.net/working.ser
pastebin.com/C2yYCCCY
8ch.net/rip.txt
archive.is/xXh39
8ch.net/rip2.txt
archive.is/p3x0D
8ch.net/ku_klux_kuchera.txt
archive.is/7wqs7
8ch.net/reddit-admins-are-cucks.txt
archive.is/NcC9W
8ch.net/reddit-admins-are-cucks-part-2.txt
archive.is/J66tj
news.mynavi.jp/news/2013/08/26/290/
web.archive.org/web/20130120164524/http://2ch.tora3.net/about.html
web.archive.org
web.archive.org/web/20130118220932/http://www.tora3.net/
web.archive.org/web/20020310012833/http://2ch.tora3.net/join.html
web.archive.org/web/20020317113351/http://www.nttcredit.com/tora3-2ch/bam-order-jp.cgi
web.archive.org/web/20131218100840/http://www55.atwiki.jp/omorasimaru/pages/16.html
latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-online-publishers-20160909-snap-story.html
echo-news.net/en/japans-biggest-site-2channel-cyber-attacked-by-hiroyuki
twitter.com/infinitechan/status/761467768206012417?lang=en
echo-news.red/Foreign/Hiroyuki-Nishimura-Failed-to-Get-his-Business-Right-on-2ch-net-Back-via-WIPO/2
japantimes.co.jp/news/2009/01/24/national/2channel-founder-ponders-next-step-after-forums-sale/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We didn't need another one of these threads.
Not now, not ever

the other one is at page 15, and I want a better captcha or just no captcha at all.

VERY IMPORTANT POAL ABOUT THE Holla Forums CAPTCHA

poal.me/g9mg5q
poal.me/g9mg5q
poal.me/g9mg5q
poal.me/g9mg5q

BUT IT'S STILL FUCKING BROKEN IN FIREFOX

FUCK YOU CODEMONKEY

Sssh, here in Firefox we were able to keep Pepe quotes by default. Don't make him debug for this browser.

Do you have a source for this beyond some logs that were MANUALLY copied from a log that followed the privacy policy?
What did you mean by this?
Is there any source for this?
Most global volunteers are top board owners. They can see IP addresses and don't need to exploit security problems. What are you talking about?
Are you making any attempt to be believable at all?

SAVE AS ORIGINAL FILENAME WORKS PERFECTLY IN FIREFOX ESR ON DEBIAN 8.5

How new are you faggot? imkampfy is pic related, learningchode; a COINTEPRO.

Imkampfy is such a fucking dickshit that he permabanned GEX; the creator of the open gates video and propaganda master.

There is tonnes of evidence all in the Bedchan infodump.

Now Jim says in his Privacy Policy (8ch.net/privacy.pdf) that:

3 Reading and page views
Every page view on 8ch.net is kept in a log for 24 hours…

4 Posting
When a post is made to 8ch.net, the posting user’s IP (Internet Protocol) address is stored in the database, along with the parameters of their post (post body, subject, and name)… This information is retained in the database until one of the following happens:
• the post is deleted by the owner of a board or one of his volunteers;
• the post expires, or falls off the last page of the board due to new posts being made;
• the post is deleted by the user himself if the board allows user post deletion.

But this isn’t true as there are a number of publicly available IP logs, some going back to 2014, including one which is almost exclusively posters to the /cuteboys/ fag board:

8ch.net/lorenzolog.txt - archive.is/9gL9M
8ch.net/index.html.1 - pastebin.com/WP7k38gA - archive.is doesn’t work
8ch.net/ips_ron_3232.txt - archive.is/6QXAW
8ch.net/bui.txt - archive.is/wJWDB
8ch.net/int.sql - pastebin.com/w1xCeC6g - archive.is doesn’t work

Now considering how hard Jim is shilling his new softserve ad system, and refuses to accept code from Next because he might be forced to open source it due to the AGPL, what does he have to hide in his code if he isn’t following his own privacy policy?

Because Jim is a greedy Jew, he wants to kill off Tor access so he can serve targeted ads. But he LARPs that it is due to "problem" users. Of course Tor has no legitimate uses such as on Holla Forums for people in countries where hate speech is banned.
archive.is/c45aW

One feature of Holla Forums is the possibility to have hidden boards which aren’t publicly listed. This however does no good when you post a SQL dump (circa December 2015 for pages.sql) of all the boards on the server. archive.is doesn’t support SQL files, and due to pastebin’s size limitations it was split in to 4 files with “split -b 480k pages.sql”. Concatenate the files to restore them. If I get bored i’ll go through boards.json and figure out which ones in these dumps aren’t publicly listed.

8ch.net/pages.sql
Part 1 - pastebin.com/b2xHjhKr
Part 2 - pastebin.com/D1AwKqgS
Part 3 - pastebin.com/9bfpRF2J
Part 4 - pastebin.com/femcRKJh

8ch.net/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG - pastebin.com/JnE6JPzS
8ch.net/maxes.txt - archive.is/xIq52
8ch.net/dirsizes.txt - archive.is/nmLQx

And there are plenty of other files too if you go through the previously mentioned COMMIT_EDITMSG file:

8ch.net/.bash_history - pastebin.com/2S6Kg8F8
8ch.net/inc/.nfs0000000004d8002400000001 - pastebin.com/QuRnXwK8
8ch.net/working.ser - pastebin.com/C2yYCCCY
8ch.net/rip.txt - archive.is/xXh39
8ch.net/rip2.txt - archive.is/p3x0D
8ch.net/ku_klux_kuchera.txt - archive.is/7wqs7
8ch.net/reddit-admins-are-cucks.txt - archive.is/NcC9W
8ch.net/reddit-admins-are-cucks-part-2.txt - archive.is/J66tj

Because it was totally a good idea to not block accessibility to unneeded files. This is surely a sign of a competent server administrator, just like calling old as fuck i5 shitboxes “servers”.

Because Jim is only offering old shitboxes and doesn't offer 10GbE ports on NT Technologies hosting and colo page, he likely doesn't have his own private cage at 200 Paul in San Francisco and is likely renting rack space from a real company. A trace route to 2ch's IPs shows that NT's routers are 204.63.8.11 and 204.63.8.15, and they are connected to 208.74.64.3 which belongs to Centauri Communications which does offer colocation services at 200 Paul and who Jim is likely renting rack space from. If you were to file abuse complaints with someone, Centauri would be the company to send them to.

I'm confused as fuck

it's an a href download= link... but it doesn't work.

why doesn't it work? I use exactly those same attributes in my own project and it works fine.

What board does gex hang around these days?

the IPs were from the luminati botnet.

Can confirm that imkampfy is the Maddow poster.

Everything this user has said is correct.

Everything is very tightly controlled on 8ch. I'll probably get banned for this post.

Like I said, that was manually copied from the 24-hour log. It's not a proof of any automatic logging beyond 24 hours.

The logging is managed by the webserver and a cronjob, not the site software. Keeping it private does not violate the AGPL. Tracking people without violating the AGPL is actually really easy since you can keep logs and talk to the database without creating a combined work. I don't like Jim and his opposition to the AGPL but I don't think it has anything to do with tracking.

Don't get me wrong. There's a lot wrong with the way the site is run and those logs and dumps prove that. But they don't support the claims made in the OP.

Who do you think would ban you for it?

the bans are getting worse.

Every single IP on 2 VPNs I've tried are all permabanned on Holla Forums and when the bans expire after 3 months they fucking re-permban.

speak in english nigger.

Daily reminder that this site is owned by a credit card fraudster, whose gross negligence led to the leaking of posts linked to people's real names who had paid for 2channel premium, as well as 50,000 unencrypted credit card records, names, CVVs, and addressing information.

source to 2channel premium stuff?

It has to do with the fact that Jim is a retarded faggot who is terribly afraid of anything that enables hosts like him to be replaced at a moment's notice.
Hence, why no improvements to Holla Forums are being released to the git. The last commit was javascript for screencaps that could be gleaned through deobfuscation, anyways. Same way 4chan-X developers prettyify 4chan javascript.

~~~your so based user.

Why do you expect to get banned for it? Because of local staff, or because of global staff interfering?

news.mynavi.jp/news/2013/08/26/290/
Screenshot of 2channel announcement explaining that the leak came from Tora3, Jim's e-commerce company.
web.archive.org/web/20130120164524/http://2ch.tora3.net/about.html
web.archive.org
web.archive.org/web/20130118220932/http://www.tora3.net/
Copyright NT Technology, Jim's company.
web.archive.org/web/20020310012833/http://2ch.tora3.net/join.html
web.archive.org/web/20020317113351/http://www.nttcredit.com/tora3-2ch/bam-order-jp.cgi
Archive of the checkout process for 2channel premium, all copyright NT Technology.
web.archive.org/web/20131218100840/http://www55.atwiki.jp/omorasimaru/pages/16.html
Japanese user contacting Amazon to remove the unencrypted payment information that was leaked from NT Technology, which included post log data.

So, Jim's company wrote the payment processing software that stored everything unencrypted. Not PCI-DSS compliant, he had a decade to become compliant, and for good measure they also stored posts associated to people's real names. Why? Gross negligence.

Not to mention, the 'server' (probably a vhost on the same machine as tora3 and 2channel premium application) where records were processed and stored unencrypted was to nttcredit.com. As if it weren't obvious, this is also an NT Technology domain, running software written by... NT Technology.

So why was all of this being blamed on Hiroyuki.

no excuse for this.

Hiroyuki is also doggy as fuck. no surprise people would be willing to attribute all and anything to him. no doubt he was complicit.

ok so i catted those files together loaded it into sql and printed a list of 'all boards'.
extracted all public boards from boards.json and differenced them.. getting 200 very uninteresting boards. none of them seemed to be secret or have more than a couple post. a few were deleted ones.

would love to see all the interesting hidden boards on Holla Forums but this didn't work.

Because anons would suck his dick like a golf ball through a garden hose instead of verifying anything.
Hiroyuki did not have admin access to Jim's e-commerce company. He decided to not advertise 2channel premium on the site after the leak, and since Jim had no revenue after his fuckup he simply took control as admin.

Hiroyuki's shadiness comes into the play due to tax purposes. He may or may not have signed over the domain to Jim to dodge monetary judgements in Japanese courts.
It's worth noting that these are libel suits, and are bullshit anyways, because the law is different in Japan versus the US with the CDA section 230, that users are responsible for their posts, not the 'publishers'. But still.

Anyways, the datamining Codemonkey was talking about, in an attempt to deflect from the monstrous fuckup that his father's company was responsible for, was search engine access/an API-like data stream of posts on their face.

We're used to an API, and the search engine, so I don't see much wrong with that. We don't much care about reprint like the fake archives we have on 4chan and Holla Forums.

To say that it was data mining, maybe. Not identifying though. More of an attempt to deflect from their fuck-up. Hiroyuki was a kike, but compared to Jim he smells pretty fucking good in my opinion.

different user here, I get banned on Holla Forums for saying "DROWN YOURSELF IN SEMEN" or "DEATH TO THE MADDOWPOSTER"

It is local staff.

Also, an interesting article today involving CDA section 230:
latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-online-publishers-20160909-snap-story.html

from what I've read it seems that Hiroyuki threatened to sue the 2ch mods/volunteers because they wouldn't cooperate with him.

Cooperate with what? Source?
Anyways, it's irrelevant to the fact that Hiroyuki was not responsible for the leak. That was Jim's company.

Because you faggots spam a thread just because some faggot is avatarfagging which just encourages more avatarfagging. If you would just filter the faggot and move on he would get bored, but no you have to continue to give him attention

echo-news.net/en/japans-biggest-site-2channel-cyber-attacked-by-hiroyuki

I assume this is why moot had the 4chan mods deanonymize themselves to him, so Hiroyuki could threaten legal action if they acted up.

Okay? I admitted he was a kike earlier. That doesn't justify Jim taking away the domain, depending on who you ask, because Hiroyuki would not advertise the 2channel premium service after the leak, which was run and written entirely by Jim's company.
And it certainly doesn't justify Jim's company storing 40,000 unencrypted credit card records for over a decade, nor does it justify Jim's company storing posts associated to people's real names after purchasing the service.

After Jim posted on Holla Forums I was perplexed. The owner of a chan couldn't possibly be this much of a daft cunt, right? Hiroyuki, CopyPaste, Moot, Jim, Josh... they are all basically window-lickers. We are here like flies on shit for the dank memes and anime tiddies, lets be honest. Of all of these, Hotwheels lied to us the most. Sad really, we had so much hope for him but we should have listened to the Wizards.

At this point in time, which chan is best?

Do I go back to halfchan Holla Forums ?

Yes, please do.

The WIPO ruled that Jim is the owner of 2ch domain, you should read this.

twitter.com/infinitechan/status/761467768206012417?lang=en

echo-news.red/Foreign/Hiroyuki-Nishimura-Failed-to-Get-his-Business-Right-on-2ch-net-Back-via-WIPO/2

Hiroyuki is just incompetent, it is his domain.
I assume that Jim saying "change this to what you want, after this ordeal is over" is Jim talking about the tax shit in the comic.
And then they had some falling out, and after Hiroyuki wouldn't advertise 2channel premium and told Jim that it wasn't his problem he took the domain.

All that news article suggests that Jim is an even slimier fuck than even the credit card fiasco suggests, assuming that the statement in the email from the respondant (Jim) is not fake.

Not to mention the WIPO panel is intended to fight cybersquatting, not business disputes.
Jim playing it up as if it clears his name is hilarious. But, it's complex legally. Dealing with three countries, servers in one country, partnership in another, and founded in yet another.

Evalion was a camwhore though that is insane

I always wondered why Maddow was never banned

Hiroyuki said he sold the site off back in 2009 but that seemed to be part of some trick to avoid paying taxes or facing legal issues.

japantimes.co.jp/news/2009/01/24/national/2channel-founder-ponders-next-step-after-forums-sale/

I don't think it's as simple as you're trying to paint it.

All that doesn't really fit the narrative of Hiroyuki happily running 2ch and then Jim seizing the site one day out of nowhere.

I didn't say it was simple, I'm saying that if the excerpt from the email is real (Jim saying: "change this to what you want, after this ordeal is over") then Jim is still a slimy fuck.
They're both slimy fucks. Jim just took the initiative to fuck over the other when Hiroyuki wasn't doing his bidding, after Jim's gross negligence led to loss of revenue.

Not to mention the damages they're talking about are a result of lack of protection under japanese law with publishers.
US law has CDA section 230. I can empathize with Hiroyuki there, users should be responsible for libel, not publishers.

Is anyone else getting odd errors that lead to a cloudflare page?

This.

I can't believe some sad, pathetic wankstain sat there and created that image at the top

Page 3 is 404.

C thread throws me 404, the fuck is going on.

A lot of pages seem to be 404ing.

For example >>>/agdg/ gives 404. I've seen random threads that 404.

For me it works for all existing posts, if a new post is made I have to refresh the page to save as the original filename, if I don't refresh it just takes me to the file instead of prompting to download. Why is this and how can it be fixed?

every thread after page 3 here is now 404 but still shows in catalog

CUCKMONKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY

an Infinity Next fork called Nextchan is being worked on, thread here: theres an instance of it also called Nextchan as well.