Senate Quietly Passes The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act"

zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-10/senate-quietly-passes-countering-disinformation-and-propaganda-act

govtracc.us/congress/bills/114/hr6393/text/ih

This concerns every one of you.
This opens the door to high-up committees labelling sites that stand for free expression like this one foreign disinformation, and effectively getting the go ahead, without the need for any official bureaucratic process, to investigate and destroy any act of perceived wrongthink on our part and replace it with their own so-called "factual" narrative. We are living in a proto-cyberpunk, dystopian superpower, and sites like Holla Forums are a dying breed.

torproject.org/

retroshare.net/

geti2p.net/en/

Freenet is compromised.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/5L2ya
archive.is/AY1e0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RIP freedom of speech
RIP freedom of the press
RIP thejewwater

Fucc off Holla Forums

SAVE US LORD EMPEROR TRUMP!! FUccING SAVE US!!

B-But… If no Russian in US…

Where will git cheeki breeki? :O

Here's the archive of ops first link:
archive.is/5L2ya

Blyat. Trump, pls save the freedom of speech so we can still have big american titties

That's what I've been trying to tell you guys.

we boutta get comfy

it's because of the wordfilter lol

This place didn't meet the same fate as Librechan or 16chan so it's doing something right.

But in all seriousness, if this is such a problem… Why are all of us here and not *ALL* calling the news stations, hmmm? I see people crying and whining about this, yet no one makes a mass call to the big media shitz to get their attention. No wonder this country is D-O-N-E fucced.

Dysnomia needs to stop being a goddamn nigger in times like this.
FUCΚING EVIL BASTARD TAKE OFF THE DAMN WORDFILTER YOU FUccING RULECUCΚ CENSORSHIP PUSHING PIECE OF SHIT

Somebody needs a nap.

Second archive.
archive.is/AY1e0

Damn user, you might cut somebody with that edge.

I'm having difficulty finding the post you're quoting.

That was what I was saying. But hey, easy to get away with that since we're all hiding behind computer screens.

I always love a good joke and OP surely delivered

Zerohedge are the same people who came up with cat's cradle so you're probably just looking at too many conspiracy theories, OP.

Besides that, I'll be the first one to say that VPN, Tor and I2P won't save you. They aren't secure to begin with and if you're using them because you think they are you're sadly misguided.

Also if you think this is possible to enforce without a ridiculously large workforce and/or multiple data scraping artificially intelligent supercomputers, you are wrong.

tl;dr OP is scared of the digital bird flu

dat disinfo tho

okay, user, imagine this thread was being posted on libremaster16endloli.pl alongside a luara b photoshoot. You should still be equally worried.

just as planned

Disinformation? Where exactly in that post am I misinforming anyone?

If you care so much as to claim I'm spreading disinformation why don't you be kind enough to cite where my post is not correctly informed as to educate those who aren't as knowledgeable as you.

I'll be sure to promptly tell you exactly why you're wrong and I am right.

If you really think those things doing pentaflops a second are being used for purely scientific gains, then I really don't know what world you're living in.

Be prepared anons. Always be prepared. It won't come all at once, it'll be a slow drip. Know when to cut and run.

WHAT WILL THE PHONEFAGS DO???

H.R. 6393 is a bipartisan act, voted in by a majority republican senate and house. People that want to rid the internet of free speech exist on all sides. I'd bet it's not just your (((((spooky evil boogeyman))))) that wants to be able to Correct The Record with federal support.

see? told you

I didn't say they don't exist, in fact they are everywhere. Literally. They are all connected together.

I'm saying they would be required to pull off such a level of enforcement to make this thing actually work, and even then it wouldn't work because of how easily circumvented they would be. At some point the to combat the circumvention they would have to spend a ridiculous amount of resources to keep this kind of thing going, whilst combating any individual countering such a maneuver.

It's not as easy as you think to just set up a massive set of supercomputers to sort out algorithms for the mundane purpose of what will bill proposes.

Even if it were to be set in place there is still no way to enforce it as the internet has become so massive and would split between the current internet, and the less unified rouge internet.

DAILY REMINDER THAT DYSNOMIA WANTS THIS AS PROOF OF HIS CENSORSHIP

While I agree with you that it would be immensely complex and time consuming, you have to think of this bill and indeed, any censorship. As a broadsword, not a scalpel.

Of course there's always things that will slip through the craccs, but it will eventually get to the point where going through the craccs becomes too difficult, or too much effort, or becomes a faux pas. When it's easier to be swept up and believe the lie rather than seek the truth. Especially the way you currently see the pendulum of politics swinging.

Also, it's never the individual the censors fear, it's the group. Hence the broadsword approach.

First of all, if you think that "fake news" is a meme, then you're part of the problem. There are stories that have been widely propagated that are incontrovertibly false, and those stories need to be addressed appropriately. I'm not saying I think websites should be shut down simply because they publish them, but disinformation in this day and age can be extremely dangerous, and I support an effort to place more focus on it.

This is a typical "OMGOMGOMG IT'S HAPPENING" alarmist Holla Forums reaction to a Bill that we don't know the full extent of. As of now, I really don't think that craccing down on websites that are suspected of conducting Russian propaganda is reason for me to be concerned – that is, unless that extends to social media forums.

post a pdf you fuccer

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped visiting Holla Forums, user.

can i request our vol to anchor this sticcied thread?
please do it for >>>Holla Forums

You know telling people to not use Tor because it's insecure is the no. 1 tactic of alphabet soup agencies attempting to make it less secure, right? Tor's security is directly proportional to the number of those using it.

lol, what. did you actually read the article, no automation or any process similar would be involved. It'd simply be a case of, to quote from the article:
It's a combination of normal internet censorship and regular shilling a la CTR (albeit fully government bacced). No need for a massive workforce or AI would be involved. It wouldn't be magic automatic censorship but rather manual censorship and subsequent counter propaganda campaigns of hand-picced news (Yes, Holla Forums qualifies as news. We have an official news pane for /newsplus/ on our front page and many user-generated news aggregation boards)

This is very real and very noteworthy for a site like this. notice how the media had a sudden, almost manufactured outburst of stirring up paranoia about "fake news", just in time to let this bill be silently passed.

This thread went from good to being cancer within minutes.

welcome to Holla Forums

Who the fucc bought this meme? The only dumb shit thing you can do on TOR is

The media had an outburst largely because of pizzagate, and the fact that it was putting innocent peoples lIves in danger. Don't be such a conspiritard.

Also, it doesn't help that our pres-elect is a pathological liar who will tell the public anything as long as it suits him.

And this is why, despite its many flaws, 4chan will always be better.

Wrong. Tor is only as safe as the node you connect to is willing to let you be safe, and even then that security becomes null at an multiple levels.
Consider the following: ISP baccdoor, operating system baccdoor, radio baccdoor, router baccdoor, modem baccdoor. There are baccdoors everywhere be it locally or at a distance, lan or wireless.

Even if you're on a computer that isn't connected to the internet that's on a random operating system you wrote yourself it wouldn't be secure due to the sheer amount of physical hardware baccdoors that are accessible at even quite unreasonable distances.

You think you know the technology you use but you have no idea what's going on inside of it.

Now on to your other arguments.

You should sticc to Holla Forums if you're going to argue politics, but I'll tell you right now computers are not something you can argue about using Holla Forums tactics. You have to understand the technology you're dealing with inside and out and frankly the scale required to accomplish what this bill proposes is on a near impossible level.

spotted the tech illiterate

Can't Trump just vito this? He controls the senate and the house.

Trump supports Israel 1000%

One of his main allies during the election was "fake news". Israel is most likely behind most of this, "fake news".

What is true news?

The government can suⅽk on my coⅽk. Same goes for dysnomia. As he loves censorship.

Who knows.

News that isn't false

At some point (I'm guessing sooner than later), you're going to realize that you've been duped by a pathological liar, user. You'll eventually have to own up to the fact that you've been manipulated in the simplest way a knuckle-dragger could possibly be manipulated.

Stormfaggots detected.

source?

Doesn't it mean "make americans goyim again"?

It means "make America great again for the super rich and the rest of the country can eat the scraps"… so yeah, pretty much.

All true. How do you expect someone to change the system when he's been using the system to his advantage all these years? So the answer is no. He won't do shit. Just another lame duck president who won't do shit but line his pockets like every other president. Reminder trumptards we could have prevented this.

do you hate me for voting t-trump?

top meme

Hillary was a far better alternative to trump and you all know it. You just had trump elected just to spite sjws. You will regret that vote, trust me.

Prove it retard. His slate looks clean to me.

I wish I believed this. Unfortunately, he's going to have a Republicunt controlled congress, and the potential to put in place 3 conservative supreme court judges, allowing conservitives control of that too. I think he's going to have more power than any president in quite some time, and I think it's only a matter of time until another economic collapse that will make 2008 look mild.

Not to mention all of the other potentially disastrous policies, and the fact that he's still the same volatile megalomaniac he's always been.

That may very well be. But I can almost guarantee that he won't act on any of his promises.

Here are the things I don't think will happen

I do think we'll see massive deregulation and tax breaks for the wealthy, in an unprecedented display of trickle -down economics… that will never quite ""trickle down""

You don't think? Let's say you have a huge supply of illegal immigrants whom you can threaten to send back to their shithole of a homeland unless they work 14 hours per day 7 days per week for, say, 10 years in a ghetto for food, shitty clothes made in China and a promise to become full citizens once the indentured service term runs out. The kind of work isn't really all that important but will most likely be related to oil industry and every other pie you have fingers in.
Even if people start whining too much about it being evil (or other retards whining about not making their lives great at your expense) you can just outsource everything to China for very similar cost-efficiency, or even to third-world shitholes for even greater profit if you can somehow ensure some minimal level of quality. With mass deportations of illegal but more whiny mexicans complimented by mass illegal immigration of obedient, very cost-efficient and durable chinese, who would probably think of their new living conditions as paradise.
Wall? Maybe eventually, but then he'll make a huge gaping hole on the other side. Deportations? See if millions of mexicans is worse than tens+ of millions of chinese. Jobs coming back? Yeah, right.

figures
trump and hillary were perfect decoy to do all kinds of shit without being noticed