SU General 3

Because the last two threads worked out so well!

Quick recap:
Jasper is back to being a badass.

The show decided to finally tackle the issue of hard work three seasons in.

Amethyst is now an emo bitch.

Steven's powers still work at fucking random.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!CZ0DmKCa!lxuD2sqSeNj1AijPN3s9CA
ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1007271600013152_B13R1.mp4
ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1007271600013147_B13R1.mp4
tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe-too-short-to-ride/EP016164320440?aid=zap2it
looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Buddy
dailymotion.com/video/x4ng8f1_steven-universe-beta_tv
ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1007271600013149_B13R1.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off back to
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/cuckchan/

This fat faggot doesn't even use a sword. You would think he would be TRAINING SO HE COULD MASTER HIS ABILITIES. FUCK THIS SHOW. STEVEN YOU LARD ASS GO SHOVE A SPRINKLED DONUT UP YOUR SMALL INTESTINE.

It is important to stay informed and see just how blatant the brainwashing attempt gets, this thread allows anons stay on top on the latest degeneracy without having to watch the show themselves.

Of course along the line some faggots got themselves bitten by the Waifu bug too, but thats because they have SHIT TASTE.

>>>Holla Forums

He kinda is, considering he can summon his shield at will now.

Really, Stevonnie is hax. Connie focuses on offensive training and abilities, Steven on defensive; combine them and you get two in one.

Funny that Stevonnie is a result of all three Crystal Gems' contributions; Garnet's advice and encouragment with fusion, Pearl's sword training, and Amethyst's advice about going with the flow and improvisation in the chaos of battle.

>>>Holla Forums

I'm seriously disappointed it took them this fucking long to start a new story arc, I get that this stupid show loves it's stupid filler but goddamn there is a time and place for it and it should not be used as a transition device between story arcs.

Also now Amethyst gives a shit about hard work and being better all because Jasper hurt her feelings.

Goddamn this show's writing is fucking abysmal.

I want to continue watching it since I like the plot and I want to know where it goes but knowing that I have to pass trough a wall of filler to get one or two plot episodes that I won't be able to understand since little sprinkles of lore and characterization where put in truly awful filler plot really REALLY gets me tired

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
>>>/4chan/
Fuck evil white cis neo nazi.

Go back with him too
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
>>>/4chan/

Yeah. I am unsure about the show, its not horrible in its entirety, but when there is a bad episode its abismal, and most good episodes are not the super best, they are just good enough to watch and laugh sometimes.

I think it is mostly because of the format and the wacky characters of beach city that nobody really cares about and have nothing to do with the wider plot, we get more of that than corrupted gems and amazing sights than anything.

*nazi's.
That's what I mean't to type.

Fun fact, Twin Peaks tried to do what SU and AT do now 26 years ago and the Laura Palmer case was just supposed to be a gateway plot for the series never intended to be resolved but rather dissolve into the other plots never intended to be called sub-plots but co-plots and how these were affected by the lore arc of the Black Lodge for as much as 5 seasons but the network not only forced the resolution of Laura's mystery but also forced the new plots on new characters instead of using the ones it already had thus forcing Lynch to make the "Black Lodge" in your face to leave a legacy.

The thing is that Twin Peaks at is worst>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steven Universe average filler. So is not that is a bad idea is just a matter of talent.

It's kind of hard for the show to get me to feel bad for amethyst sucking dick when the fight scenes they put her in were fucking sick
Over the course of two episodes she invented two new team moves using steven's safe space bubble completely off the cuff

Especially when in other action shows they wouldn't put too much focus on Amythest's poor feelings. In fact, they should've combined this with that awful Gem Gossip episode. At least it would kill two birds with one stones instead of wasting episodes.

mega.nz/#F!CZ0DmKCa!lxuD2sqSeNj1AijPN3s9CA
Bismuth is out you stupid bitches.
How late to the party can you be?

I didn't even want this gay mammy rainbow party, fuck off

Why does she look less feminine than Jasper?

Cultural marxism

because while Jasper is an amazon woman, Bismuth is a construction worker drone.

So she's supposed to be built like a brick with dreads?

Thank you Hitler. May your double-dubs ride eternally through Valhalla, shiny and chrome.

Technically to artificial gem lifeforms "construction work" is low-skill manual labor more akin to agriculture, kind of like picking cotton.

That episode was pretty compelling.

I still think that Bismuth's design is shit, but she's a better written character than most.

The writers even laid off the crying more than usual.

All you need to do to fix Bismuth's design is to drop the shitty rainbow dreads and make them all blue.

I agree.
That Breaking Point weapon was pretty cool looking, too.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums if you want to gush about this Tumblr shit, and leave the real discussion to us adults

Oh just shut the cunt up, eh?

Wasn't there another dreadlock gem in Lapis' flashback?

It's a leak.

Is fairly simple actually, autist who want to see symbology in everything just had blown it out of the scale, it did had a lot of symbolism but cinematic one not really that much of lore related one.
Also, read the post, it was never supposed to be so in your face, they made that move to shock/impress and see if they could get a third season.

it was also bismuth.
We don't know if it was the same one.

And next you're gonna tell me Fire Walk With Me was meant to suck on purpose right?

Even if you didn't like the plot, even if you didn't like the lore or the "Epilogue|Prequel" stuff that by the way all of these fall in the "Style" category.
The acting was amazing, cinematography and directing were awesome and the pace was great, which falls in the "Execution" category.
And that already puts it over the 85% of movies.

Let me guess, you like "Dude weed lmao" acting that nevers looks hammy because never takes any chances, camera that no matter the mood of the movie it remains static and no effort put into it.
Whatever you want to do with your art is your business user but art itself takes chances, is risky and involves effort.

Looks like tumblr doesn't like the new episode

THIS.
I wouldn't be so mad at Steven Universe being some SJW propaganda if at least they took some effort.
Instead they produce episode and episode like fucking pies on the rush-

What can I say, they never fail to disappoint me.

Good comedy can take effort too, even slapstick.
Haven't you ever made a joke that besides being funny you're proud because of the effort it took to make?

I'd never thought i'd see the day I agree with tumblr.
Except the first pic,that's bullshit

Take it easy man, I just said that art=effort or risks taken or both and that any genre can be considered art as long as it has these two, the effort shows in the results.

Man, I was wrong, the I thought Bismuth was going to be shit, but it was actually bretty good.

Tumblr logic at it's finest there.

My favorite thing about Bismuth was that immediately after seeing Pearl and Garnet, she jumped to making "racist" jokes at them.

Obviously, tumblr the show could not allow somebody with that sort of humor to remain a protagonist.

Well, Tumblr still loved her, because she was an extremist, which most keyboard warriors think they are.
In my opinion it was a well rounded character.
And as episodes goes, have a full 24 minutes to make an episode actually did a lot of good to the show.

It's a side effect of an echo chamber.If a person hears the same thing repeatedly they start to believe it.After a while logic just turns into an afterthought.

Can we take a few seconds to discuss this?

Wth, how can a LITTLE WEAKLING WHITE could rob a HUGE AFRICAN MAN-GOD!

don't worry, the ultrafag gem is a terrorist.

My guess was that since she didn't had a stable color she was unstable.

Nigger, those are the colors of actual Bismuth. It looks stupid, but it isn't like they're like that for no reason.

Gee, where have I heard that before…?

I think the episode was really good. Fuck what Tumblr thinks.

Last episode I watched was the one where peridot tells the diamond to get fucked. I'm losing interest in this show but have only stuck around because it showed some promise for a bit. But now that I have watched so many I feel like I should stick with it Can we just get a list going of filler episodes? I Dont feel like sitting through all of the dog shit.

No it isn't, is a fucking fight.
One just must realize when the fight's over.

When there's big forest fires, a counter fire is usually used to stop it. In that context, it could be considered that it's wrong simply because they'll just end up destroying each other without finding a proper resolution.

Even the shitty Sadie/Lars episodes will go and give him a random power out of nowhere.

Sometimes you must sacrifice yourself to stop someone who won't listen both destroyed.

An antogonist who listens, who atones, who becomes a better person, who accepts the retribution and proper punishment for his actions isn't fire.
Only fire can stop fire

I hate to say but I agree but for different reasons.
Bismuth had a point that killing home world soldiers was necessary but that is because Homeworld outnumbers and outguns them presumably by the trillions and we have seen that gems being "poofed" only takes them out of the fight temporarily for variable time frames sometimes only seconds such as with Amethyst.
Also let's say the gems decided to recruit other humans to fight homeworld, the best bet a human would have fighting a gem is to attack their gemstone directly from a range if possible.

Tumblr is pissed off about a cartoon not allying with their justifications for murder and disregard of the law by niggers and I'm pissed off about a valid wartime tactic being dismissed by a cartoon.

They are extremists they are just lazy ones.

>steven will never take his mom's sword back and tell connie to fuck off after asking for/demanding proper training from the gems

Soldiers fight knowing they can die, is a mutual agreement of death.
A surprise attacck without warning is kinda shitty though.

Shit.
Fucking tablet UI

user I was talking about tumblr
Tumblr sides with Bismuth because they see her as a reference to BLM and they believe she/blacks are justified in killing homeworld soldiers/police which I was saying was stupid.
I agree that soldiers iin a war are justified in killing other soldiers but BLM and tumblr are not at war they are autistic niggers and nigger apologists chimping out.
If that attack is the beginning of a war without prior declaration (pearl harbor) then I agree but if it's the middle of a war it's a valid strategy.

This goes really bad because… have they said more of homeworld? I'm in Mr. Greg.
Because I know is elitist but I don't really know if it's a military society who's all composed of soldier or there are civilians.
By how sapphire has appeared before I believe there are civilians

Eh, they are cowards, the moment they would have enough power to kill someone, they would cry and piss their pants.

Or they could just teach Steven offensive combat since the fat fuck doesn't even go to school.

I would too, I would only be able to kill to protect someone else's life or if I'm risking my own life in the process.

GET OUT NIGGERDYKE GEM

It's a 'things have changed and bismuth isn't with the times because of her degree of violence and is being (((problematic)))' episode

No they would kill someone if they had a group backing them up.
Or more accurately they would encourage one of their own to kill for them.

Oh thank god niggergem isnt sticking around.

Holla Forums go home.

Eh… If they had a superior backing them.
If they had a group backing them I would guess it would be more of a bystander effect.

Holla Forums Go home.

back to
>>>Holla Forums

>>>Holla Forums

I would've thought Tumblr would appreciate a character that imprisons others for ideological differences as to how to handle a situation

Go back to Tumblr. Libtards aren't welcome here

shitty anime, rename picture to 'if steven was a bigger faggot'

Man, I wish both pol's left, both are retards.

hurr durr if u haet Holla Forumsesmokers u haet 8ch >>>/reddit/ >>>/4chan/ >>>/9gag/ >>>/tumblr/

that is very unlikely thing to happen, user

>>>Holla Forums

Awwww, do you want a hugbox so your feelings arent hurt by offensive comments? :^( poor baby.

>>>/tumblr/

like pottery

Well, when the only thing they do is come here to fight Leftypol or vice versa. its kinda like a waste of space.

It'll all go away when election season dies down in November but that moderation on the site isn't typically doing all that much to slap down political shitflinging is concerning

Chan culture was founded on the freedom to be politically incorrect. If you have a problem with things like Nazism or other "incorrect" ideologies, then this isn't the place for you at all.

pathetic strawman
I use Holla Forums and I don't come here to shit on leftists.
I come here to talk about cartoons like a civilized adult

This.

I'm fucking floored that as people shouted for like a year Steven was training offscreen, THIS was the extent of his training.

He trains for about an hour per week. WEEK. This was why he said he wouldn't go to college. This is why his father can't raise him. So he gets one exercise hour per week and this is somehow enough. Hell, to get him to do THAT takes him earning literal fucking Good Boy Points.

For fucks sake the earth is on the line! Everyone he's ever known is depending on him! That's something that warrants at least a couple of hours a day of prep work, and he shouldn't need to be bribed into doing it.

This is the reason Jasper is such a threat. Steven flat out isn't prepared to fight even a regular mook unless he has a plot contrivance to save him.

Leftists are too brain damaged to talk about any of that shit, so they honestly should be outed and banned whenever spotted

Found the newfag.

Found the leftypol shill

I've been here since 2005, Chan culture was always against enlightenment degeneracy, save for that brief period in 2009 and any point after the Cuckening. 4chan has always stood against your Marxist subversion and JIDF activities. Quit trying to rewrite history.

No newfag, its based on free speech based in anonymity, shits and giggles and counter culture at its most political.
Lurk moar we were called leftist and liberals during Bush administration and now we're being called regressive conservatives or however they call us now.

Also, you're not a newfag for the time you're here but for the lessons you haven't learned yet.
You entered through Holla Forums I bet.
Congratulations, you're the site oldest stormfag.

You lurk more, if you knew the slightest thing about Bush then you would have known that he was right on board with the left wing agenda, hence the invasion of Iraq to overthrow one of the few remaining governments not under control by the Federal Reserve.

Seriously, your shilling is pathetic. I remember when scum like you would be banned on sight.

I don't trust him… A Stormfag, coming to a Steven Universe Thread. Like giant meh. Big reminder that this is Holla Forums, not your fetish nazi hugbox.

Also, nice false history, the trappings of the alternative right were present in 4chan since its founding, and Holla Forums itself was built upon the Gamergate movement, which was all about dismantling the cultural marxism inherent in the gaming industry. So yeah, you're either fully retarded or a paid shill, either way get out.

So you remember ~3 months ago, because pre-cancer 4/pol/ was never ban happy on the level you claim.

Holla Forums was a thing before GG…. You are surely a piece of a work mr. Stormfag.

Can we go back to my Western potato anime?

Bush invaded a country propped up by his father.

We WERE considered leftists back in the day. We hated the meek numales back when they were just a bunch of plaid wearing fucks reading Scott Pilgrim and when it had nothing to do with politics. We aren't left or right and we never signed on for any dogma.

I remember the shits and giggles.
Getting normies angry just for fun

That's because scum like you were quite rare, and when they did come along they were outed as paid shills. We've had several redpilled former shills come to Holla Forums and confirm that this sort of infiltration had been going on.

The entire culture came over as a result of Gamergate. This place was nothing beforehand.

My point is that we WEREN'T leftists. We were the makings of the alternative right, the so called "dark enlightenment", the ones who wouldn't sit by while our homelands were taken over and one country after another fell to cultural marxism. Even if it wasn't quite realized back then, that was what it was, and that's what lead us to now.

Creating your own boards was the worst thing that could happen to Chan culture.
Hugboxes on the go, classic boards empty.

you sound like one of those teenagers who tells a story about how he set up a years-long revenge on his cheating girlfriend and ruined her life, despite never even talking to a woman.

THIS
I just want to buy 4chan and kick out all the butthurt mods.

A big part of it from Gamergate but you're ignoring the underlying cause of it being Moot in general, loads of people disgusted with him came over entirely separate from GG's influence and potentially not even knowing about it until /gg/ and later /gamergatehq/ started showing up in the top boards.

stop making think about Holla Forums leftypol anons.
I can just imagine some drawfag making a comic where Holla Forums(m) as they like to be so macho and Holla Forums (f) cause they personifies their ideologies as catgirls tans are fighting and then hatefuck.

>Bismuth is Edgy

They come and go, they come and go…

Moot is, and always has been, a total faggot. YEARS before GG ever started he completley mishandled boards and appointed shit mods and janitors. He was constantly fucking up a site he didn't do anything good for except copy from the japanese.

He formed /mlp/ without warning which made DAYS of shitposting across the site because he randomly decided the word "pony" was going into a ban filter on every board -including the animals and nature board-, and didn't tell anyone until the filter was up.

He ruined /tg/ by appointing a draconian janitor which threw out all of the drawfags and writefags, and then allowed quests to dominate the board for like five years until only just now bothering to give them their own board, despite Holla Forums getting variant boards as soon as needed.

He created Holla Forums and their riduculous way of doing things by deciding to destroy /new/ without warning and allowing it to fester to begin with.

He let /r9k/, /soc/, and /adv/ become the festering holes they wound up being.

And why do you think people revolted against Moot? It wasn't because he was "triggering" and "racist", it was because he sold himself out to the SJWs and betrayed his ideals and his user base. The rage at Moot was purely from an alternative-right standpoint

As I pointed out directly above you, there were a million and one ways moot fucked everything up without anything relating to politics. If you go to literally any of the boards and ask any oldfags who for some reason didn't leave, they'll have their own laundry list of reasons why.

The 1st, 4th, and last points are what i would like to see.

thats not quite right, leftist can stay strong to their values as warped as they are as well.

That may be, but selling out to the leftists was the tipping point. If you think that Holla Forums is in any way compatible with Marxism, then perhaps you should scurry back to reddit

…fucking nazimod

4chan was being bled dry before that. Holla Forums only got big because people had it pointed out there was actually an alternative.

Moot sold out. I won't deny that. He sold out HARD. But the writing was on the wall for so many years before that, and people knew he was a faggot looking for a payday before even that, that it could have been literally anything.

And the fact that he betrayed what many people saw as core values of 4chan culture.

It's not a liberal agenda, you dumb cunt, it's a globalist agenda.

Apparently Peridot becoming a totally fucking different character after losing her limb-enhancers is because her space-Holla Forums persona was trying to be cool

I wish they'd actually kept that as her real personality because she stopped being interesting the very second she became what she is now, though that would require SU's writers to be able to competently write a character of a generally more mature state of mind than the rest of the cast

rip based peri

What does it matter when Stevonnie will save the day anyway?

Stevonnie can die off any day now, every episode featuring that fusion is fucking boring.

A more To-the-point or striter Peri could have been nice to see, (s)he wouldn't even need to be an asshole just more military or even paranoid to balance out the childishness of everybody else.
Peri could have been used to demonstrate more gem tech as well to better get an idea on what Steven and crew are up against considering that Pearl and Co are years behind.

I think what they're trying to do is make it so additional gems don't fuck up the Pearl-Garnet-Amethyst-Rose/Steven dynamic by turning Peridot from space-Hitler into science-Amethyst

lol

The globalist agenda IS the liberal agenda, you dumb shit.

I miss the days when shills put up an effort

Which were anti-communist values

Is there a reason why Peridot's yet to construct a gem-like lab or workshop of any kind? If she can create an anti-cluster mech, why hasn't she been able to at least start making limb extensions or new robonoids? One can say that she lacks resources or she's more comfortable without her longer limbs, but after the Cluster arc concluded, she's done jack shit and has not been hinted to have done jack shit. They can't make the excuse of "Well we don't know what we can use on Earth" if the Crystal Gems and others have been on Earth for over five millenia, while there's a fuckton of abandoned, albeit older gem technology just lying about.

It's not like she'd be redundant as a character or a fighter either. Pearl can do science and technology, but Peridot's built for it and is much better at it. Peridot's also the weakest gem shown so far, even Connie could probably beat her in a hand to hand fight, so she'd naturally rely on gadgets and tools, which nobody else uses(Garnet punches shit, Amethyst's a wild card who can shapeshift, Pearl has a spear and is the technical fighter/tactician, Lapis isn't a Crystal Gem but she can ruin someone's day with just a glass of water). If Peridot isn't confirmed to be working on any sort of barn repair, machines or missions between now and her next appearance, that's a sign that the creators have less than no idea what to do with her.

Whenever Bismuth returns, she'll still has a place since Bismuth's a low-tech blacksmith while Peridot can handle and create more elaborate, high-maitenance stuff. The Breaking Point weapon comes off as more of a symbolic object than a useful weapon, considering that its only benefit is to simultaneously poof and shatter a gem, as opposed to requiring someone to shatter an enemy gem later, which allows for some time for said gem to regenerate. Garnet, Bismuth, Amethyst, Jasper look very capable of this with their bare hands or weapons though, so it seems like it'd mostly be useful for Pearl and Peridot, but it looks unwieldy for both of them. Even a human gun would work better if you think about it.

Nonetheless, Bismuth has some point. Unless Steven and the rest of the Gems intend on recruiting absolutely every gem they can or going for very surgical operations, they will have to either kill some other gems, or acquire the means to fight off the Homeworld gems without killing anyone, but that'll still be powerful enough to accidentally shatter a few gems through collateral damage. It's a good thing that the Diamonds aren't too interested in Earth after waking up the Cluster, otherwise the CGs would be fucked already.

The assumption right now that Homeworld is a militaristically run planet with a strict caste system.

Hell she doesn't even have to be military like. She was fine with that "the shit I had to deal with" attitude. Not to mention she could've done so much creative shit with her fingers. Her development from her first appearance to before she was bubbled suggested she was learning on her own how to survive. Imagine the possibilities that could bring to someone like her joining the Gems. If they didn't turn her whiny she could even call out some of of the stupid moments of the show like Gem Gossip:

As if the immediate degeneration of her personality wasn't a tip-off

My girlfriend was watching it and then started laughing about how Tumblr was mad and after filling me on on the whole deal got mad when I said that the idea that you can have a bloodless revolution is retarded because what happens to the leaders you just deposed and those loyal to them if you don't kill them?

The entire episode seems to rest on the whole "if you kill your enemies they win" mindset.

Rose is literally Trudeau

ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1007271600013152_B13R1.mp4

More leaks.

And another thing…

wonder if that leg is Smoky Quartz

It probably is.

Wouldn't guns just solve everything in steven universe?
Monster hunting? Just take out your AK and press the trigger?
Japser? Give pearl a sniper to take her out from over 2 miles away.
Homeworld ship? Get the vulkan out, Emm eighhty.

prolly never happen though since the creators are such big libtards

ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1007271600013147_B13R1.mp4
Peridot fucked the alien so hard the head fell off

Let alone the use of any smokeless powder firearm on a childrens western cartoon broadcasted in a big name channel as a mainstay and not a single episode quirk.

Three (four?) words:
Adult Swim SU

So I saw the newest episode and damn was it ever confused as to what it wanted to say, so not Garnet nor Pearl ever say "Hey Bismuth maybe you're acting kinda extreme, lighten up" they just go with the flow and they don't even tell her about Jasper who they know is building an army of corrupted gems.

Also it would be nice if the writers knew how to write character development without having the character act like a goddamn edgelord. Seriously Bismuth starts the episode being chill and laid back and towards the end she goes full edge "You left me to die" mode.

And nice to know Jasper the closest thing this show has to an antagonist at this point is going to written off, goddamn it writers I know you love your filler episodes but can we at least have one villain who doesn't get redeemed or written off?

That's a funny way of spelling "I want the themes of sex and politics to be even more pronounced, to the point where this show is just a bunch of fat lesbians scissoring in front of a red star"

The FCC needs to be destroyed.

Honestly they need new weapons to fight Jasper fucking BADLY. Lord knows Stevonnie shouldn't be carrying the team and if she has more than a couple of monsters it'll get ugly fast.

But that would be doing something proactive and Steven Universe can't do anything proactive because obviously training for battle is worse than eating an entire pizza and watching anime.

The fans probably gave Steven the benefit of the doubt ("Steven's probably training/getting an education offscreen because the writers don't want to focus on that")

I was talking about Children targeted media, also this

Kids of the future need oper8tor heroes besides the vidya ones.

Those same fans will probably try to settle. "An hour of training a week is enough", that's what they'll tell themselves.

Like goddamn the hero who goes to school or has to hold down a job has become cliche, but Steven Universe is a masterclass on how most cliches work. Having to go to school anchors a hero who'd otherwise sit around or drift character wise. Focusing on training when you aren't actually fighting reinforces a sense of progression. Swapping out a villain for a while for another one stops things from becoming stale, even if it's a villain of the week scenario at it's extreme.

Steven Universe is basically a physical thing you can point to as to why modern culture goes to shit. Obviously those old tropes are of the establishment and if you break them you're a ground breaking original thing even if your show is trash that does worse than legends of Korra ratings wise.

I'm really surprised that with all the emphasis on choosing your own path and freedom and all, the CGs still stick to calling themselves by their gem type.
Especially after interacting with humans for so long, they must have realized that such a thing as "Names" can exist, and can differentiate you from other individuals who are similar to you.

What did you expect from SummerFags? Common Sense?

And what's more infuriating is that not two episodes ago they bitched about hard work and how if you're gonna fight Jasper you need to take training seriously but now all of a sudden it's "Fuck that shit let's eat pizza and watch anime!".

Four Words:
It Will Be Shit.

There has to be a single IQ point floating around that site somewhere…

But Nazis were founders of modern conservationism, greatly respected the environment, and encouraged freedom among their youth.

I got a few questions. You seem to know alot about anime tropes/cliches/whatever and how the people like Sugar think; why are they kicking the plot off now that it's the end of season fucking 3? Why are they pushing hard work/self-improvement/individuality after preaching the opposite for 2.5 seasons? Why are they presenting Steven as caring and hard-working when he won't bother training to save the world without being handed stupid prizes?

Is it ratings? Are they thinking "oh shit we gotta stop jerking off to yuri and move this shit along or else we're gonna lose our viewers?" Do they just have no sense of time and priorities? Is this r-selection?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Nobody dies in steven universe, not even characters from the lore that takes place before the events of the show.

Why the fuck do people think the modern left has absolutely anything to do with marxism? The modern SocJus mess completely denies that class and wealth are any kind of social issue and will silence you immediately if you even allude to them, while the regular liberal left immediately denounces you as a lunatic while selling everyone out to the highest bidder.

Given the Crystal Gems are all different types and they've been going by those names for millennia, they probably don't see the point. If another Pearl joined the CGs then they'd probably have to come up with a way to differentiate them.

Maybe they realize that CN won't give them all the seasons they want

They were inspired by anime (which are much more paced than Western actions shows)

They care about THEIR environment, not that of aliens.

Also
Lawl. You know the Hitler Youth was mandatory, right? And they built suicide bomber aircraft with the intent of having children pilot them?

Well there's a few things to understand. This may take multiple posts so bare with me for a bit.

The first is the mindset of the people who wrote this. To them, Steven IS a caring and hard working individual. Their mindset is that obviously Steven "means well" and knows best so if he acts like a manipulative little shit it's excusable or even exemplary.

That same form of narcissism and to an extent nihilism also informs why Steven Universe as a show is paced the way it is. Steven doesn't need to be shown training because you need to love Steven as he is, and admitting he may have a problem is basically the same as admitting he has no moral authority. Which is the same reason this type of jackass loves to mob people but will block any dissent showing they're full of shit: If they acknowledge they're full of shit obviously they aren't fully heroic and need to think about their actions. I may sound like I'm shit talking but remember that Skyler Page incident a few years back. The SU crew was right with the rest of the networks angry mob to attack a supposed sexual harasser, and they conveniently forgot they did anything when it came out he was a self harming bipolar who was going through legitimate problems.

At the end of the day it's doubtful that the team behind this knew of the schedule and they were already pre-approved for more seasons than this before the change up. The ratings were slowly dying off but at the same rate as every other show, so they were exempt of their own responsibility(the fact that they, along with every other show, are shit and get shit ratings is irrelevant).

I'd say that the truth is actually scarier. This is very legitimately a look into the ideal world of a special snowflake. People trust you as a hero but you don't have to do anything. The jackass who rejected you in highschool secretly thinks you're hot. If you get knocked down by someone clearly superior you're awesome anyway even if you can never perform under pressure. If you do the bare minimum at the last minute it'll all work out because you're a "good person".

Notice that the primary antagonists of the show they had to fight repeatedly, Jasper and Peridot, are the only really proactive characters out there. Peridot believes in objective truth and thought constantly needing hand holding and reassuring was stupid, until they shamed her into submission. Jasper has an actual plan to accomplish her goals, but the simple act of regularly doing things allows her to basically evade and overwhelm the CG's who sit around feeling good about themselves regularly(you will notice that this makes her more inspiring than Steven, because she was a footsoldier who's leading a charge instead of a putz born special, but that escapes them). Anyone actively trying to pull themselves up is an enemy to their enforced mediocrity and their feel-good ideals.

This is also why Peedee, despite being introduced as Stevens best friend and literally the only kid his age who can speak, went nowhere(if my guess is right). Peedee has to actually go to school and work for a living and he generally takes himself seriously and likes things like minimum standards(Which is why he wants real fries over bits). Instead Steven now hangs out with Ronaldo, an obese adult who does nothing but blog all day. Because it's easier for Steven to look good by comparison to bad people, and because you can't compare Steven as easily to an adult who acts lazy as to someone his own age who actually has responsibilities.

It's about maintaining "the illusion". You're good just the way you are, no matter how bad you get beat. Because you're better than regular people. You're unique.

Whole thing makes sense considering Peridot; a loyal Homeworld Gem who was captured and when confronted with Yellow Diamond willing to waste desperately needed resources for the sake of a grudge and a superweapon realised how incompetent the leaders she idolised were. Steven gave her a chance and it paid off, and she was vital to stopping the planet getting exploded. That wouldn't have happened if they shattered her Gem the first time she was identified as an enemy. Or Lapis- who was basically a civilian caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and it all went downhill from there.

It's not entirely clear what position Homeworld is in, but they didn't need the gem cracker to win the first time (even if it was costly) and it wouldn't have helped against the Cluster. Gems are able to wage relatively clean warfare because of their durability, and it seems likely that the majority of Homeworld gems are just following orders and doing what they think is right, and Rose was able to drive them off just by kicking their asses conventionally, without need for systematic executions. It's a level of escalation that so far, they have no need for, but Bismuth is still in the mindset of a desperate war for survival. And what if Homeworld gets a hold of one of those and starts making their own?

Of course, a lot of it is that Steven is a damn kid, has been very sheltered from the realities of war despite fighting for a while (and apparently quite capable of using his shield as a weapon now) and also doesn't want to escalate things any more than he needs to. Shit already got real enough with Jasper, who's caught up in a power trip currently.

You forgot Connie (oh wait she's a generic competent action girl)

The TL:DR version is basically this: Imagine a cartoon made by someone who's been raised on webcomics and bad 90's anime. Imagine this person is a leech who lives off their parents, but hates authority, but has a high opinion of themselves.

Every time they have to have a serious fight, reality almost asserts itself.

Steven didn't train at all in season one, then he got beat within an inch of his life when it was time to perform. Obviously he couldn't fight real opponents regularly so Jasper and Lapis got written out for a whole season so he could struggle against what was basically an office worker, with enough filler that they can pretend it didn't go down that way.

Peridot built better robots than Pearl and having to accommodate pearl slowed down the project to the point where it would never have worked. But enough episodes between cause and effect masks that part enough you don't immediately realize that feelings basically almost killed the team.

Then almost two years later Steven has a chance to rematch Jasper. He doesn't even try and she gets everything she came for. Then a couple of days later he gets to try again and visibly panics until Connie, a girl who's "allowed" to try, basically bails him out. But Jasper still get away. The spectacle of it distracts you from the idea that maybe if Steven took this seriously he could have beaten Jasper.

So obviously you need time between tense episodes. Because every time it really does turn out that having feelings jam and watching TV won't get the job done. If you play every single plot episode back to back it's immediately apparent what the problem is but you can lie to yourself if it's interspersed with filler.

Connie is essentially the crews way to bail themselves out of holes they wrote, but raises a bunch of questions that are never addressed.

There was never any reason for Connie to go on missions, at least brought up in the show. She wants to help, but she's a fragile human. She can form Stevonnie, but that's never brought up and it was a surprise to them. She can use the sword, despite having noodly unpowered limbs and it being as big as her. She basically shows up just to bail Steven out. But unlike Peedee she wants to fuck Steven for some reason, so she goes easy on him.

Of course, when she fails to beat Jasper the first time it's a perfect kind of catch 22. Connie tried and failed, so obviously if Steven tried he would fail, so Steven doesn't need to try. The fact that Steven has been doing this longer and has had more chances to try are irrelevant to whoever wants to make the argument.

Of course, if Connie tries and wins, then alls well that ends well. They won because Connie prepared, so obviously if Steven fucks around and then does nothing it doesn't matter because they won in the end anyway.

To bring it back to Peedee, obviously the argument can be made that if Connie is good enough then having multiple people as backup would be good. After all, if Steven is handing out heirloom weapons he has enough that he can train basically the whole town if need be. But Peedee is a downer, and he's the kind of character that would get mad at Steven for not trying if he had to carry Steven the way Connie does. After all, in a show called Steven Universe where Steven is meant to be the one learning it shouldn't be up to other people to learn and fight in his stead.

To bring this back to the original topic of tropes, and wrap it up since this is really fucking long and rambly, the SU crew wants to imagine themselves as being like one of "the greats" they grew up with, like Akira Toriyama or the like. So they want to do anime references to affirm that they're great and want to do a "serious" plotline.

The obvious problem is "you're perfect the way you are" is a direct contradiction of shonen anime's usual "you need to get better to beat your opponent" shtick(which is why a lot of gym types and MMA fighters still have DBZ swag as adults, despite being the kind of person robots and tumblr types unanimously hate). So obviously Steven needs to be able to beat his next opponent by being increasingly perfect the way he is. The only way to do that is essentially inventing powers as they go. Obviously that type of Shonen Anime and magical girl will also invent crap like Super Modes but they're usually considered either a dangerous risk or a reward for the effort rather than just something to hand out because the protagonist is just naturally peachy keen.

And she's what Steven would be if he trained

Plus they usually have to gained through training/hardship

Glad to see someone else saw this shit.

Back in '04, early '05, he was bemoaning he needed a sysadmin to help him run the site for free, I had experience running web servers and securing linux systems.

He told me he's looking for someone with RHCE and 10 years of experience… to do it for free.

He also let snacks ruin the site in 2005 when it was donate or die time. He actually had the money for the new servers at the time in the end and Snacks banned most of the donators. (he set up a page that would track IPs of people who went to click on the donation link, it would go to that page and then go to the paypal) which then he'd just ban those people because "it was funny."

Moot did nothing about it and never unbanned those people.

If it werent for the wave of the LUE faggots from Gamefaqs coming over because they could say "nigger" 4chan would have become irrelevant over a decade ago. It would have died alongside all the spinoff chan sites that formed each time moot fagged out. (he would shut down the site if someone pissed him off or if he got spammed, or would claim some other reason, 2003-2005 was unstable as fuck)

The ONLY reason he became popular is because Holla Forumstards thought it would be funny to make him the person of the year for Time magazine. That faggot got it in his head that somehow he was a god, and became hipster mcfaggot after sucking dick in silicon valley.

wakachan, iichan, wtfux, 1chan, 3chan, 5chan (which was a hentaikey cashgrab and did try to kill 4chan) and others popped up, and all of them are gone these days, or are irrelevant.

We're just sitting on another dying iteration of moot's faggotry.

Moot is where he is today by being a clumsy little faggot, and riding off some false fame. Wonder how long until google realizes how worthless he is. Probably not before he uses their health benefits to transition into Christina Poole and wastes their money on his useless fuck ass.

That preview makes for a great reaction image.

*smiles*

"…no."

It is also because people who workout are usually peeps that have seen firsthand the whole "You are perfect just the way you are" shit get out of hand and result in health hazards for everyone involved and nearby and already know that shit just ain't viable.

And the kind of person who spouts that shit is usually fast on making assumptions that "Large/Muscular/Attractive = DUMB" essentially spitting on and insulting the efforts put in.

Even if you can never be "Perfect" a life of improvement trying to reach that point is hardly wasted, both for Body and Mind, on the flip side "Perfect just the way you are" is just used as a excuse for complacency rather then "don't worry about minor faults you can't even do anything against". Compare and Contrast Obesity to Albinos.

This makes me think about Amethyst a bit. Amethyst is a character who makes me think of an early Naruto antagonist, back when it was about practice overcoming talent rather than "lol I was lucky to be born with these powers, fuck you". The only reason why Amethyst does as well as she does is because she's a Quartz, a Gem made for the sake of fighting as a ground or shock trooper. She's a half-baked one, but she is capable of outfighting anyone who isn't meant to be on par with her intended design. Her half-baked status is irrelevant, but not because Amethyst compensated for it like any main character in an anime or more serious show would do, but because she's dedicated herself to adopting human things like eating and sleeping over being good at fighting. She lacks any unique abilities, and her only real skill is more complex shapeshifting, but it looks like she's only learned as much as she did because it's fun for her. Because of this, Steven, a half-human, half-Quartz, can beat her in a fight if he were to simply practice a tiny amount with an actual weapon, or actually tried to hit anyone. Garnet's got a lot of raw power, but she's developed her skills. Pearl worked the hardest to get where she is, because of her desire to be more than just humanoid furniture. If Amethyst tried as hard as Pearl did in physical training and covering other areas of interest, she'd be the strongest Crystal Gem, and we would actually see the fullest extent of her natural limits as an incomplete Quartz.

But hey, Bismuth upgraded her whips, so all she'll need is a boost in confidence and she'll beat Jasper the next time they fight.

The thing is, Amethyst never fought in the Gem War; she's never actually had a serious fight with other Gems aside from sparring in her entire life, having only fought corrupted Gems. (which are basically wild animals) Of course she gets her ass kicked when for the first time in her life she fights enemies that think and strategise rather than relying on instinct. She's never had to work hard until now.

While Steven and Connie train hard and strategise and manage to beat Jasper despite being weaker than Amethyst, because they use their powers and weapons properly. The whole point of the recent arc is both Amethyst realising she's really out of the loop with what the Crystal Gems stand for and that she's falling behind even Steven.

I hope she and Steven figure out that they can use Steven's spiked bubble and her whip as a wrecking ball.

Fun note; apparently, in Lapis Lazuli's flashback, the Crystal Gem who poofed her and cracked her gem way back when she was stuck on Earth as a clueless bystander is clearly Bismuth.

Actually, for all this going on about Marxism, Bismuth is clearly the communist Gem. No war but class war, smash the rich, etc.

Pearl, Garnet, and Rose fought in the war, so Amethyst has 3-4 mentors for combat, one of which was also a Quartz who likely had similar powers(at least shapeshifting). The only vital part of a Gem's anatomy is the gemstone itself. The rest is simply poofed away when significant enough damage to the body is taken, which allows for more intense sparring to occur. Pearl even has holograms that can be used for live training. They're not as intelligent as their creator, but they can still fight like a gem.

With Peridot onboard now to potentially make combat-capable robots, and maybe eventually Lapis with her water clones, Amethyst has more means to prepare for fighting more intelligent and skilled enemies.

Steven doesn't actually train more than a bar minimum, and most of his powers are stated to be reliant on emotion rather than knowledge and skill. His shield and bubble barrier are his only two practiced skills, and that's because Steven never looks for anything to heal, and only levitates or flies when he really needs to, or on accident. His blocking skills are because he just doesn't like to get hurt or see his friends get hurt. Connie's a side character with main character skills and powers, so you know she'll only be around to form Stevonnie, especially when animating her is easier than animating a fat kid and a short pooinloo dogpiling on someone. She's an excuse to justify Steven never having to use an offensive weapon or hitting someone unless there's no way to avoid it through writing.

There's a very big difference between sparring with friends, hunting wild animals, and fighting with someone who is trying to basically kill you and good at that kind of thing. Heck, the episode spelled that out; Connie's put a ton of effort into training but takes a bit to realise that nothing can really prefer you for a real fight.

I think Steven mostly focuses on defense because considering how (literally) squishy he is compared to other Gems he quite reasonably wants to focus on making sure he doesn't die before he puts effort into his offensive skills. Besides, defense is what his powers are focused around, and he is extremely good at it. (though he might just do both, and become the galaxy's deadliest hamster ball)

A pity they seem to have forgotten Peridot. Her meeting Bismuth would be… interesting. They may bring them both back at some point to build some terrifying war machine.

Also, apparently this latest episode has tumblr really mad that it has the lesson that becoming the evil you behold is a bad thing

Great logic, I guess all combat soldiers, mma and boxing fighters should stop training immidiately because it doesn't prepare you for a fight at all.

And???

SHATTER THE HOMEWORLD
GEM WAR NOW

Source? I'd like to see them being angry, but I mostly just see shit like this.

Seriously?

It's not exactly buried deep. For fucks sake that last screencap you have is extremely obviously being written in response to people have their autism triggered by Bismuth's characterization.

Sorry, man. I just looked at the Bismuth tag and saw a lot of 'CALM DOWN YO,' mostly about Bismuth being a racist stereotype (??) but no mention of her being correct.
Thanks for that link, though. Don't be a faggot just because I didn't think to scroll all the way to the top for shit related to a post at the bottom of the thread.

I think the problem is two fold. The first is that training only works to a certain point. There are certain psychological barriers to cross. Which is why soldiers practice on humanoid targets and do live fire exercises. But they do train against humanoid targets with real weapons so that's no excuse.

The real problem is that Pearl goes easy on them explicitly and gives them a difficulty setting less than her bare minimum. This is because Steven has proven he will invariably fuck up the actual bare minimum and has zero interest in serious technique. So of course when they fight a real opponent they choke: in a real fight the enemy won't coddle them like Pearl does and in a real fight the enemy won't save them if they fuck up like Amethyst.

Why the fuck did they imprison bismuth after the fight with Steven?
Tthe CGs need all the help they can get, so why would they bubble bismuth?
They could just settle it in a civil manner.

when you cant counter your opponent, attack their position or personality.

I don't know you guys, but I find Steven Universe not too bad. Of course, is a space lesbian minerals show full of progressiveness, yet it has a nice plot and some nice storytelling.

Maybe she is a bit 'passionate' and try to kill Steven again thinking he is Rose.

Except it's not so much that the Homeworld Gems are super evil or anything, it's that they have a caste system, and I guess all the homeworld gems are a bit ruder too, but the only thing that really makes them an antagonist is the fact that the creation of Gems is a more resource-costly equivalent of plants absorbing nutrients from their environment, and that they wanted to drain Earth for the sake of having an army of Quartzes. Yellow Diamond's pettiness for wanting to destroy Earth as revenge for Rose's rebellion instead of restarting the kindergartens or just leaving it alone is a sign of villainy. Jasper enjoys a perspective of Quartz superiority, especially when she's juxtaposed with the Crystal Gems as her enemies, who are a group of traitorous oddities, but she's more of a cunt rather than evil. If not for the cluster and deliberate corruption of the Crystal Gems and anyone else stuck on Earth, Homeworld would be more gray than black.

Unless they can develop a less costly means of producing multiple gems at a time, they are simply naturally competing for resources with other organisms. Why they need to mass produce specific gems to a kindergarten's degree is an interesting one, since the fact that they have a military implies that there's other races to fight, potential for rebllion appears often, or the Diamonds may be working against each other. The lack of any mentioned extraterrestrials besides Gems is either something the creators haven't accounted for, or that the only aliens out there are other Gems.

That first image is a very popular belief held by Communists. If anything, Bismuth's less extreme than them, considering that they believe that simply being happy in a first world nation while being white and/or male means you cannot be innocent. I know of one SJW who believes that it's morally wrong to not want to murder police officers just because they're police officers, and that shoplifting is also a moral good because all shoplifting hurts only Capitalists. He and others have claimed that murder itself, both out of suddenly becoming ultratriggered, or a premediated and intentional killing, are simply methods of "self-defense". Communists and ANTIFA if anything are the ones who justify extremism, but not against "Fascists" or "Capitalists" or whoever else, but against them. They're the ones who not only have little rational thought, but revel in a refusal to use it in favor of emotional rationalization and alienating moral "logic".

At least Bismuth believes in just killing the elite Gems who specifically maintain the Homeworld caste, SJWs and other extreme leftists want to kill everyone who isn't contributing to the "cause" more than they allegedly are, and want the most possible collateral damage. They want to do this not because they think it'll be the most successful means of fighting "Fascism" and creating a better world, but because they just want to punish everyone for any reason they believe in, especially the innocents. I really fucking hate Commies and other leftists, but you can't turn a bad deed into a good deed just because of who your target is. I'm very glad that there's a lot of infighting between the varied leftists, since it's easier to sit and watch liberals, feminists, commies, BLM, ANTIFA, etc. bicker among each other than to tell a liberal to stop being such a bleeding heart liberal.

Maybe Steven thinks a time out might help Bismuth. However said time out is being stuck in a bubble for an indefinite period of time until one of the Gems release her, while having no company other than other bubbled gems and objects, several of which are corrupted and are incapable of communication in their most basic forms.

Because Steven doesn't have an actual argument as to why not use the weapon and the shows moral is that your feelings trump anyone's rights or logical decision making. That's why Steven can completley override Lars's basic human rights and everyone is cool with it and why he can emotionally manipulate his dad out of literally millions and never be called on it.

Obviously he's right in this logical train because Bismuth had a dangerous opinion and people with wrong opinions don't really count as people. You need to shame, degrade, and fuck with them until they become right-thinkers.

So how much longer till there's a grand-scale civil war amongst the SU fandom?

This show sucks ass whenever it tries to be
funny.

Also, the storytelling/plot pacing are slow as hell, which I don't appreciate at all, as it makes keeping up with it feel mentally / physically lethargic for me.

Furthermore, there's not truly enough violence a there could be for a show like this, to be honest.
For a show hinting at stuff like war, I expect way more fight scenes and bloodshed / death.

Yeah - without saying names, I've seen better shows and I feel this show is overrated as fuck.

Maybe we get surprised and find a good Diamond? as far as we know there are only 2 diamonds so far, yellow diamond and blue diamond.

The shows plot is ass-simple. It's autobots vs decepticons. That's it. Thats the big secret that they were trying to hide. That it was good gems vs evil gems who were fighting for earth after coming from not-cybertron.

Shit, they didn't even bother to give it a cool name. What the hell kind of a name is "homeworld"?

But as shown when bismuth reformed in lion's mane, she was still in a fighting stance, implying she wasn't conscious inside the gem. That just means bubbling is basically stasis, so it wouldn't be a "time out" because she wouldn't be conscious to think about her actions, it would be more like if you had a time machine that only went forward.

Yes, but steven proved that he's not rose to her, because steven told everyone what happened, hence "you're better than her"

Yes he does. His argument is that they should try to non-lethally fight against homeworld.
Strategically, it's a good argument, because if they subdue enemies effectively without killing them, they can "socialize" (I.E. reprogram) them into fighting on their side and doing the same, thereby making a self-expanding army.
when did this happen

A non lethal war holds no water when if you don't capture everyone they can get back up and attack you from behind in a longer battle. After all, the last thing you want in a protracted battle is to put down an enemy, advance, and have that enemy get back up behind you and suddenly find yourself flanked.

You also can't assume that every enemy, or even most of them, will see things from your perspective. In an actually serious war that's not a couple of scouting parties and an escort not expecting trouble, you can't waste months trying to socialize every individual enemy. Especially if these ones are actual combatants fighting in a group.

How the fuck is Steven going to fight an entire platoon of Quartz soldiers at once, let alone holding back and convince all of them? His shield disintegrates from one good hit and his bubble isn't any better. Jasper with one modern homeworld weapon fucked everyone up alone, now imagine twelve of them at once. That's the situation that Bismuth described as "war" and that's the kind of fight Pearl was facing back in the day.

Now imagine having to fight a platoon every day. Or multiple. Or if they have artillery like a laser light cannon or it's futuristic big brother. Or another ship, but unlike the hand this one is actually designed for air support and war. Or a platoon of jaspers and a big ruby who keeps fighting as constituent parts even when put down once.

That's the situation they're stumbling into here. The enemy now knows they're still alive and it's clearly personal. There's a vast, interplanetary empire baring down on them and we know it was EXACTLY as bad as that last time this happened.

ONLY when they get to it and make the show about that, already, will I stop being an ass to this overrated as fuck show.

What you described - THAT is the kind of show I want to watch. One with actual violence!

It'll never actually happen though.

Steven will spontaneously develop a feeling power that makes everyone nice and then the plot will be over.

How is it going to be any easier if he kills them? I mean, he still has to fight them, it's not like if he had the breaking point they'd all bow down and accept their deaths.
Also I'm not sure a weapon that takes a half minute to charge up and must be held perfectly still will do them any better.

Yeah - It's no wonder I'd rather watch….. reruns (or preferably new episodes) of anything else on CN that ain't PPG 2016 or TTG.

This show is too damn slow with stuff that matters and unfunny as fuck and it shows.

Actually, my real reaction to hearing THAT is… NO. NO. NOOO. NOOO. NOOOOOOOO!

So how does bubbling/poofing work anyway?
With Pearl and Amethyst we see that a poofed, unbubbled gem retains some level of consciousness and have to reform willingly. They also need to take time to plan out their new form, otherwise it might come out less stable.
With Steven in Monster Buddies we see that time within the bubble is not stopped, and he still knows what is going on, and can even break the bubble from inside.
With Bismuth and Peridot we see that poofed and bubbled gems can reform almost instantly after getting out, and do so instinctively, automatically. They retain no consciousness while bubbled, and upon unbubbling continue their actions from pre-poofing.
On top of that, we also know that poofed gems inserted into items retain some level of awareness.

The weapon itself is kind of irrelevant to the overall point. I mean yes, it's too big, too cumbersome, and short range. But putting an enemy down forever is a tactic you need to employ in a war.

Steven didn't object because it was a dumb weapon, even though it was. Steven objected because he didn't want to shatter gems. But again, even if you cut the body it'll just reform, and if it reforms fast enough you'll just get caught by surprise by virtue of still fighting. Or if you bubble it and something happens inside the temple it'll break out and probably free a bunch of other enemies right in the heart of your base.

When you're outnumbered literally thousands to one, your team can barely capture a noncombatant with weapons she doesn't understand, and half your team is under-trained and under strength, you need literally every advantage you can get. Kicking away what must be your most experienced fighter, who can provide you with a desperately needed array of weapons, is absolutely a boneheaded move.

But if Steven were serious about this he would probably try more seriously with the corrupted gems, or to free the gems that are trapped in tools. Having even one or two half formed gems at their low numbers is still a desperately needed edge they just don't have.

they probably were not originally, though.
Crystal gems, while always underdogs, probably used to have at least a few dozens (maybe even hundreds) of members.
Bismuth points out that they can "always use more amethysts", which means that they used to have more than one.

That's why it's better to "reprogram" enemies and other gems.
Think about this: lapis helped defend the barn from the ruby ship (even though it wasn't really attacking them) and she did it it two motions.
What if they didn't have lapis and that was an offensive ship? They would've been blown the fuck out. (Lapis wasn't exactly an enemy, but you get the idea)

tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe-too-short-to-ride/EP016164320440?aid=zap2it

looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/Buddy

This is puzzling

LETS MEME IT

That's an awfully strange connection to make, user

Thanks man.

But you CAN'T reliably reprogram a gem. If you could Rose would have had every gem. When they're an individual who has a personal bias against for whatever reason it may work, but you can't assume every single gem is going to have some reason to dislike their boss or want to take up arms against them. Especially when earth holds the key to stop homewords degeneration via resources and there's no other way to make new gems except Steven, who essentially killed an old gem to get there. This is doubly true when you're outnumbered and they won't give you time to just sit down and play games.

You're making an assumption that can't believably hold true except in a contrivance where Steven can have 20 minutes unbroken to explain his point to the masses without getting shot at and never needs to fight.

Bismuth is paranoid delusional and she's pretty much unreasonable. Steven tried to talk to her, but she wouldnt listen, she has a brazen personality and would have just ended up going behind their backs and doing it anyway.

She tried to use the weapon on Steven. Even if she came back, she would just recreate the weapon, and kill anyone who stopped her from her goal. She would eventually try to seize power and control everyone.

If a gem like Peridot can be turned, then surely a large amount of other gems can be too
And the fact that you can reliably knock them the fuck out for indefinite periods whenever you feel like it as long as they don't kick your ass first means there's all the time in the world for it, especially since they live forever(and therefore don't even need to make new gems, the expansionism is purely for the purposes of increased slave labor)

gotta check some shitposting …………………………………………..

Peridot is a noncombatant.

How the fuck do you expect to "turn" a dozen angry Jaspers at once when they have instakill weapons plus their normal weapons. Because again, THIS IS THE SITUATION YOU'RE GOING INTO. If it's war, it's a war where the enemy outnumbers you by many thousands and can simply attack you en masse with people that are also individually stronger and faster. This was the situation Rose Quartz was in when she rejected the use of deadly force and every single soldier outside of three gems paid the price for it.

You don't have the time to take the weeks and weeks you did with Peridot if homeworld treats you seriously. Because homeworld can literally afford to just spam Quartz and rubies at you every day and suddenly you don't have time to sing your song. Especially if instead of a bureaucrat who can't even fight the people you're trying to turn are large soldiers who were sent here to kill you instead of just check on machines.

Even in an actual real war, if you somehow magically capture an enemy with no injuries there's no guarantee they wouldn't stab you in the back at first chance. Shit, how many hundreds of examples are there of even noncombatants being able to turn violent if pressured? Expecting to just magically undo years of experience and loyalty with a handful of pizza rolls isn't exactly believable even in the bizarre reality the show tries to construct.

Let me add a fucking addendum to that. I love redemption arcs. I love them to pieces. Kamen Rider Ghost is one of my favorite riders because he CAN believably get even random monsters of the week to see his side. But in basically every show that tries to redeem large amounts of enemies there's never the assumption that you can just do it to every single enemy even when outnumbered and outgunned. You need to be able to throw down and take every weapon you can get, even the dangerous ones, because when the enemy can escalate far more than you can you need to be able to keep pace.

It's completely unreasonable to assume that you can sit down and have a chat with an enemy force trying to destroy the world. It's great if you can do it but it should never be plan A because the world doesn't work like that and it won't ring true in fantasy worlds where it's established that every other character has had to fight to survive.

user
Gems aren't humans
You can shoot them in the face with a gun and then still condemn them to an eternity in the shadow realm
It takes more effort to kill a gem than it does to knock them out, and knocking them out is functionally just as good as killing them in the middle of a heated battle

Destruction of a few hundred gems to save billions of lives across the universe…
Nope that's too much for Steven

No it's not. Unless you can immediately bubble them they'll just come back.

Gems also deploy in platoons and platoons deploy in groups when not just body guards. This is explicit.

Do you seriously believe the crystal gems can fight when outnumbered three to one, against opponents physically stronger and faster than them, while taking the time to catch every single gem that falls and bubble them, while concentrating on other opponents coming after them? Garnet can beat Jasper, can she beat two or three of her at once without someone as strong as Bismuth backing her up? Pearl and Amethyst CAN'T beat Jasper, what about when they're outnumbered? Lapis took everything to hold down one, what about thee or four?

Now what about facing twenty of them against a handful? What about when you're done and they can just send twenty more after you. What about if they send thirty at a time? Or forty of them?

That's what you aren't getting. This isn't a situation where you can be guaranteed that kind of leisure time. It's a situation where you're outnumbered and outgunned and every second counts.

This is why gays shouldn't have been let in.

It took you this long? Where've you been for the last forty to fifty episodes?

Dude, it's a fucking kid's show of course they're going to show that it's possible to redeem and befriend the bad guys.

Also BTW

where have you been for the 50 episodes before that?

Well the alternative is a large unwieldy weapon that will get you killed
Respawning enemies that you can potentially deal with are better than enemies you can't even reliably hit in the first place

And that hopeless situation is exactly fucking why they need to focus on recruiting instead of murder

Killing doesn't solve that problem
In fact, judging by things like the cluster, it only makes that problem even worse

Did the art for the show get even worse?

The difference is that Fourze's monsters were mostly confuse highschool kids. Ghost's enemies were actual inhuman monsters. So when Ghost does it, the action has more weight to me.

But you're missing the point. Even Gentaro, as the most affable punk in existance who existed to only make friends, absolutely needed to be able to throw down in a fight and went in expecting he'd need to knock heads first and make friends second. That's why he was a Kamen Rider with an above average number of upgrade forms and the largest arsenal of weapons of any rider.

yes

The cluster is a bunch of shards actively fused together.

If the breaking point can hit a gem and shatter it it also has enough force to hit the body with massive force if it doesn't hit directly.

It's also a one handed weapon so you can wield a second weapon or shield in addition to it. Steven doesn't even need to hold a shield physically so he can actually use all three weapons at once if it's going to be his thing.

And?

So it's like rose's sword, but much heavier and with a wind-up time before each use?
Seems like the gems' normal ass weapons are a better choice

Pretty much that. And yes, it's been shown that The Diamonds have come up with much worse weapons; becoming the evil they behold won't help anyone, even if it seems a tempting way to end the war quick. It could end it or it could escalate it to the point where even if the Crystal Gems win, there won't be much left of Earth.

It's not like they needed it; the Crystal Gems won, and send Homeworld into a panicked retreat before they salted the earth with… whatever corrupted the survivors- of either side. Another reason to avoid using excessive force against Homeworld gems; plenty may soon realise that Homeworld doesn't give a shit about them.

If the only option for shattered gems being "worse" is fusing them together that's not an argument. Because that means you need someone to come in afterwards and spend thousands of years incubating them.

Steven and other combat gems can usually handle the weight. If it's a secondary weapon it doesn't need to be your only option.

dailymotion.com/video/x4ng8f1_steven-universe-beta_tv

ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1007271600013149_B13R1.mp4

turns out she's a radical former construction worker who Steven put out of commission for begin too extreme after she almost killed him.

>Jasper came out that good despite her gestating in such a shitty environment.
>Amy was in the ground too long even though (because?) she was taken care of that well.

This pretty symbolic if you ask me; Amethyst was lazy from the start/needed more time and encouragement, while Jasper's a fucking Spartan.

How lewd.

Not only that, but Jasper was rewarded for loyalty and experience with a new weapon that had to be taken away. Meanwhile Amethyst had to get a new weapon. It's basically enforced equality at it's finest. It's an insane, Harrison Bergeron esque idea of what it means to be equal.

Reminds me of a short-story I read about a female president who began enforcing 1984 levels of enforced equality, smarter people had intense distracting noises pumped into their heads at all times to scatter their thoughts and keep them from using their intelligence to any good effect and dancers better or prettier than the rest were weighted down and given malformed masks.

That is Harrison Bergeron, family member.

polite sage.

So why did the show suddenly shift from endless filler back to an episodic plot-heavy drama, is season 3 almost over already or what
I mean, I'm not complaining, this is far beyond shit like adventure time where only the first and last episodes of a given season move any kind of story forward, but still, it seems weird that the writers only just realized they've been telling the same story arcs piecemeal since the end of season 1 and are now trying to get their shit together

yes, it's ending this week.
Season 4 starts next week.

That's just Hillary's campaign.

I needa watch this, but there seems to be a theme that most of Homeworld Gem society is basically about knowing and staying to your place. Inter-caste gem fusion is a huge taboo most likely because such fusions can be incredibly powerful- powerful enough to threaten the Diamonds. Rose Quartz (and possible Pink Diamond) have been effectively unpersoned in the aftermath of the first war for Earth, at least to the point where Peridot has no idea what happened besides the most cursory details; since again, they threatened the Diamond hegemony.

…is this whole thing one big allegory for the DeBeers diamond cartel

I'm retarded, but it's been nearly a decade since I read the story in the first place.

I spoilered and saged because it was ot.

No matter how many times I reload the page, the video won't buffer past this frame. Fucking Connie.

Nobody knew how strong Garnet was unless there was information the show has yet to present. Homeworld society isn't about staying in your place alone, it's about being useful. They wanted to make the most use out of earth(even if it killed the locals). Garnet was bad not just because it broke caste, but because Garnet has no readily apparent use. The fact that Garnet is stronger than readily available individual combat gems was largely either due to coincidence or the fact that fused gems are often just stronger on average, which is the point of rubies anyway.

The crystal gems are fundamentally about "someone's right to be useless". Which is in theory important because people aren't drones, but the modern crystal gems take it to an unhealthy extreme.

It's probably more accurate that they wrote everything out, then realized that to get to where they want to be by the end of season a bunch more shit has to happen.

You can tell a lot of the team just wants it to be about random townies and are just married to the plot.

Uh, Peridot did figure out that they could make way more use of Earth with the biosphere intact than by just hollowing it out like any other rock, but YD just wants her living war crime for… something. As opposed to, y'know, resources, which if Peridot's weakness and inference is any indication, they DESPERATELY NEED. Homeworld are idiots, is kind of a theme.

Garnet is stronger and smarter than the sum of her parts, her whole deal being she not only has massive strength but the intelligence and cunning to use it well, as well as her future-sight allowing her to choose the optimal course of action.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get an explanation in the last three minutes of a filler episode where YD appears, cries, and explains her incredibly generic motivations to show that her character developed or something.

Looks like Jasper and Amethyst are going to fuse

Amethyst is just disguising herself as a Jasper (because Rubies are stupid)

also, molesting rubies because rubies are hot.

Is that second screenshot real and is it out of context?

Rubies are built like 10 year old boys.

They're doing this, they're seriously doing this!

The rubies were already a pain in the ass in their first episode why bring them back? Better yet why doesn't YD send another Jasper to find the one that was lost? And don't say because they're low on resources because they sent a Jasper unit with Peridot to Earth.

God this show's writing and logic hurts!

like I said, hot

The sent Jasper here because of the Crystal Gem base.
And there is no other Jasper like this Jasper.

wow didnt realize 8ch had /sug/ xDDDDDD

That just makes my head hurt even more……

What's stopping the Jasper we know from fusing with another Jasper? One Jasper's enough to give all the Crystal Gems considerable trouble. They'd have to split their attention between two, and if the two fuse, then they have deal with someone who can hit them more than twice as hard.

Additionally, how the fuck are they ever gonna fight one of the Diamonds? What happens Yellow and Blue Diamond form Green Diamond? What if there's backup Diamonds?

Not having the ability to fly back to homeworld and get another jasper
Homeworld gems thinking fusion is haram
Not being able to get another jasper from the homeworld alone and vulnerable for some kid-friendly non-consensual pleasure-hugs

They don't know.

You see, in a NORMAL show Jasper would be dead twice over already. Jasper is at best to say, General Tao. Or Zabuza. Or Rando. Shit, or any of the low level commanders you see in a yearly sentai show. Or any of the million anime villains out there that don't matter in the grand scheme of things but exist to show there are strong people out there and our protagonist needs to fight them. They exist to show that our hero is a C grade dude fighting a B grade dude but the second they get to B grade there's an A grader and then an S behind them.

Then once Jasper is beat we'd see like fifty smaller versions lead by I don't know, a fucking Tigers Eye or some other big Quartz type. The CG's would knock around a few of the other Jaspers and then get to look all cool and they'd say "wow, if they beat Jasper, they must be something!". Then the big one would come out and beat the crap out of them and reveal Diamond is even stronger than that.

Whereas here, they can't fucking beat Jasper. They get their asses kicked until a plot device saves them, because the writers have no sense of realistic progression. Then afterwards they'll masterbate about how they're actually really strong despite objectively getting wrecked in any engagement where there's even someone fighting them.

What I described up there is cliche, tired, and rote as fuck. But it works. That's WHY it's cliche. It's something that's proven to get a reaction every time. Kids, who are supposed to be the primary audience for this kind of thing, go absolutely nuts for that formula. Trying to copy the surface elements but having no idea what you're changing is why SU's ratings decline season after season and why all the filler episodes steadily dwindle in ratings even with daily premieres.

They wanted a show where a kid can get stronger with feelings but everyone has to cry all the time, so he can't even believably beat the equivalent of the first Pokemon gym.

You know what I just realized?

It's fucking AWESOME to be a homeworld gem. You get better toys, there's no such thing as menial labor, and literally every gem is depicted as either being pampered or having fun. Ruby may have been a mook but she still became super strong at the end and still was able to pal around with other rubies and wanted for nothing. Since gems don't need to eat or sleep they really do want for nothing so there's no point in protesting a class divide.

I mean if it's a strict caste system you'd expect that we'd see hundreds of oppressed little rock dudes who are treated as slaves and get the crap whipped out of them. But 90% of the background gems in every single flashback shot are refined princess types and every single structure that isn't made to make new gems is actually an elegant spire that can control the weather or let you breathe under water or gives you amazing powers and it's clearly open to multiple types of gem with no distinction.

I mean what were the gems fighting about? Freedom? Gems are never even depicted as being slaves.

Yes, the elite nobles living in luxury and dignity surely means that the vast majority are enjoying lives of similar comfort. It's not like the vast majority of workers tend to be shunted out of view at any cost. Also, you can be executed on a whim for something that wasn't your fault. (Garnet first fused accidentally, a reminder)

I mean goddamn, Peridot is pretty much the equivalent of a worker emaciated from famine who sings the praises of Dear Leader because she's told they deserve it.

Okay, this is getting as retarded as D&D 3.5 apologists. It's 'realistic' to adhere strictly to shonen cliches that are mostly made up in your head, as opposed to the way this television show about children fighting magic space rocks has played out?

Different annon but I agree. Nothing is realistic. Its all fiction.

This fiction sucks ass. It sucks ass because it's boring and tensionless and cares more about feelings then it does about reality.

Most of the show is simply dilly dallying against opponents who are simply weaker than the protagonists, and the antagonists have to go about making plans and using their wits…Making them much more interesting as PROACTIVE characters.

And if anything is stronger than the protagonists then it just gets feelzed out of commission.

So… Much… Autism.

No wonder kids like TTG! and PPG2016 over this overrated BS
No wonder I like the other stuff on CN over this overrated BS (that isn't TTG and PPG2016.)
It's as if… this show goes nowhere

Kids DON't like these shows is the thing.

Its ratings are dwindling just like everything else of CN.

Teen Titans in its heyday, did THREE TIMES as well as Teen titans Go.

No, kids like those examples more than THIS. Trust me on that.
And from your comments, I can tell you're trying to defend this overrated BS.

no, different-gem fusions are haram.

Can I just take a moment to say this:
BISMUTH WAS NOT ONLY RIGHT IN THE PAST
BISMUTH IS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING NOW

Seriously, Steven is such a fucking wuss
THIS is why I'd rather watch Gumball, Clarence, and even WBB over this noise - the don't try to be anything bigger than what they are, unlike this head-cracking stupidity is being with all its filler and little action!

You're so right! Down with the white man
#BLM #Militantfeminism

Don't lay that Tumblr shit on me. I'm just saying that Bismuth is right and those Homeworld fuckers need to be stopped by any means necessary. Or else. There ain't no shame in that.

Don't bring those stupid ass tags into this - that shit sucks, just like Tumblr.

But stopping them with non-lethal force is easier
And besides, killing them indiscriminately would be like nuking south korea, it solves the problem, but also kills all the not complete assholes
Or in simpler terms, fuck you user, peridot is best gem

and by taking that post seriously, not realizing the obvious mockery, you have proven how much of a fucking newfag you are.
back to >>>/reddit/ with you.

End of thread.

Have some Jenny cheesecake.

Lapis and Peridot have basically become Daria and Jane.

but those shows are so fucking insignificant

Your backpack is fucking insignificant you twat.

Shunted out of view by WHO? It's the pro rebellion protagonists doing all the flash backs.

And again, how the fuck WOULD they even suffer? They don't go hungry, they don't miss sleep. They don't suffer in the same way others do.

Eh….. I still watch them more than this, unfortunately for you.
At this point, I'm just here for more R34.

You were joking??? Hard to tell around here in this shithole. UGH.

The user he was replying to here, I think he hates it as much as you or I.

The problem is that kids barely care about the network AT ALL. Teen Titans did better by triple. DBZ did double that. But Ed Edd 'n Eddy or Kids Next Door which didn't follow the structure were also many times more successful.

The network is dead. Not dying, but dead and not even a sense of "Dead man walking" but the walking stumbled and the corpse is about to hit the floor. It would take a miracle to actually save it now.

To WHO? Gumball may be in the shitter ratings wise but SU is right there with it and the difference is that SU is different by literally fractions of a percent.

he's just counter-baiting, isn't he?
we don't have faggots like that around, do we?

I think its time to leave friend

new thread