So, much like Adam Sandler's newer films and Ghostbusters: Answer the Call...

So, much like Adam Sandler's newer films and Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, we know that anyone who says the Star Wars prequels were good is lying, and if they use the term "kino" they're autistic on top of it, so let's just remove them from the discussion.

Has there EVER been a good prequel? There's a few remakes that aren't horrible, but I can't think of a single prequel that isn't inherently shit by the mere fact that you already know what's going to happen.

The closest I've been able to think of is animatrix, and that collection's still mostly shit, it just has one entertaining but nonsensical short about robots gaining sentience and warring with man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m0TGcvtzjUs&index=8&list=PL86C45jim8AAI-EyqILRIvnF_SzxdLoPT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

STAR WARS PREQUELS ARE KINO

BEETLEJUICE
BEETLEJUICE
BEETLEJUICE

The Prequels are still great and you're still a faggot.

weak bait

Says the faggot OP with weak bait.

Star Wars was never good.

I'll agree with that though, the setting is fun but the logic is dumb

That's actually one of the reasons I like the prequels. You're right in that most prequels feel like a slog through boring shit to get to an end you already know, but the prequels took it to a different place. While you know "oh he turns into Vader eventually" in the beginning, you forget by the second movie. Anakin is his own character and the OT gets washed away. You forget you're even watching Star Wars. It feels like a totally new world.
Watching Anakin turn to the darkside was fascinating. It wasn't a big obvious "NOW IM A BAD GUY", it was more subtle and hinted at from the first movie onwards.
There was no single thing that formed Darth Vader's ideology. It was a lot of little things that are totally insignificant by themselves.
Now I have to go and watch them again.

Are you fucking kidding me? The first movie had Yoda telling a little kid "fear leads to x leads to y leads to z leads to DARK SIDE, I sense much fear in you." That shit was unbelievably telegraphed.

Anakin and Padme's chemistry was non-existent, I understand him wanting revenge on the people who evidently raped his mother, as retarded as it is for him to show up just in time to see her die, but even the total normies I went with were all going "What in the fuck" right after the movie at him going "AND I DIDN'T STOP AT THE MEN… I KILLED THE WOMEN…! AND THE CHILDREN!!!!" and Padme doesn't so much as frown or crinkle her nose. Oh, you killed a bunch of children Annie, that's okay let's fugg.

Sounds like a matter of taste tbh.

You realize Shmee dying at that time was Sheev's doing right? Padme doesn't frown or crinkle because Natalie Portman is the worst actor in the PT, her lines are solid on paper but she delivers everything ass backwards. Example is that in the scene when I read it in ROTS I assumed she was afraid of Anakin, in writing it really seems like she's scared. Put it down to Portman.

Yoda only said negative emotions lead to suffering. He didn't mention the dark side.

The lack of chemistry was great. Anakin being a virgin shut-in monk, Padme being a chaste princess, of course their interactions would be awkward.
I like to think Anakin's massacre of the sand people wasn't really his rage against them (although to be fair if spacemoslems raped and killed my mother I'd wipe them out too). I think it was more to do with his anger at the Jedi. Their total neutrality and apathy while claiming to be holier than thou helped water the growth of Anakin's downfall. He knew they could have paid for his mother's freedom and had her come with him. They didn't because they wanted an unfeeling unattached robot who they can train and use for their own political gain. The were fucking awful in the prequels (apart from Qui Gonn) and compared to them Sheev seems warm and fatherly.
It really is a tragic tale.

filtered

Except that the actor's extremely bland acting completely ruined character development.
Here, watch those.
youtube.com/watch?v=m0TGcvtzjUs&index=8&list=PL86C45jim8AAI-EyqILRIvnF_SzxdLoPT

Just tell me what you think is wrong with it in your words. Don't link me to your favorite e-celeb.

His extremely bland acting (Anakin's actor's).
Do you want me to describe bland acting?

Hobbit manages to not only be a good prequel, but it is kino on top of that thanks to the legendary vision of the man behind it all:

Peter Jackson

So your one issue with the plot is that the actors weren't very good?

First off, The Hobbit was written before Lord of the Rings, so it's not a prequel, LotR is a sequel.

Second, the movies were received much more poorly than LotR.

First movie was comfy.
Second movie was awful except for the last bit which was interesting and then a cockblock.
Third movie was ok except for the last bit which was the most boring action scene that just kept going ages past the point people gave a fuck.

You know, the original Star Wars movies had merchandising too.

Video games win again. Seriously though, this is the best prequel ever made.

Wew, you're trying too hard to bait.
Either that or you're the most thick skulled person in the world.

Re-read my posts.

How about no?
If you have no arguments it's ok. You can admit it. We're all anonymous here, friendo.
Maybe you should give the prequels another watch. This time without Reddit's favorite Rifftrax™.

lolno

You can't make a successful prequel unless it's radically different or more of the same. It's a bad place to be creatively. Look at how Disney churns out something like Rogue One where the movie is awful but people like it because it gives them Darth Vader, X-Wings and more of the same.

now THIS is bait.
claiming you like the prequels is like claiming to be a trump supporter, everyone knows you're just having a laugh. normalfags dont come here.

You do know Padme has been brought up to make decisions like that aswell? Like wiping out tribes for her own people's sake and whatnot.

She's a queen. They really don't have time for emotions and shit.

I don't know how you can be this butthurt and not have a heart attack.
Calm down famalam

And likely the only one, all of the other prequels in Metal Gear suck major dong, gameplay and story wise

It also helps that the audience didn't even know it was a prequel initially

Prometheus was a pretty good prequel