Nigel Farage and Belgium

After the Brexit success, I've been on a Nigel marathon on youtube and notice that he somehow have this resentment tone toward Belgium, can someone explain this to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgae
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgians#Etymology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanders
8ch.net/meadhall/res/4575.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gXNhL4J_S00
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_people
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it has nothing to do with the farmers and small business owners and such in the flanders or something.
it's brussels and the tower of babel.

Belgium is where the EU parliament is

daily reminder that belgium is rightful dutch clay being occupied by the eternal frog

I'm interested in his comment that Belgium is a non country, what does he mean by this? does Belgium and UK have some kind of beef back in the day?

To be fair Belgium is a bit shitty.

How old is Belgium, and what languages are spoken there?

Notice the plural, since it's more than one, and "Belgian" isn't on the list.

Did you get laid off from work or something, fam?

You seem to be posting a lot more than usual lately.

polite sage

well, belgium had a rogue government for about a year and a half and it didn't even matter.
the people just kept doing their thing.

belgium is pretty much the capital of europe with NATO and the EU situated in it.
people who advocate decentralization of power hate these kinds of institutions.
also belgium is small. it's got the population of new york city.

maybe he's provoking belgians to take a look at the alien structure that have been built in their country.

it's a tactic.
you criticize muslims for the radical quantities of their population and it causes muslims to combat that radical element from within as a defense mechanism to deal with external threats. this can be deployed against any group.
he could be deploying this against belgians consciously or subconsciously. if the EU gives belgians a bad name, they will be a nearby hostile population.

nederlands (the official language), flemish, french, german, english.
it's old. i was in affligem about a week ago drinking some delicious beer.

I see now, a country without identity. Suck to be them

Those were questions designed to get the other user to think and do some basic research on his own, but thanks for your input, Myss Granger.

This though:
In the same sense that the United States is thousands of years old because there were humyn byyngs present on its present-day territory, sure. But in reality, Belgium is actually younger than the United States. #DealWithIt #ReadMore

It's a country without identity, culture or ambitions, and, since the last few years, even without a functioning goverment.

It's pretty much just a swamp inhabited by germans, jews, dutch and french and became seat of all European bureaucracies because Belgium pretty much counts as a neutral nation thanks to it's lack of political ambition.

of course it was passed around which is why it has all sorts of influences.
hitler took it for a little while.
but it's still mor eor less inhabited by the belgian people (belgae).

By those standards, Israel is younger than both.

Congratulations, you've mastered basic math! Now how about some reading lessons?

did native americans even name the landmass?
anyways, he's technically correct and we shouldn't get into an argument about categorization, names, and identity over time in a thread about why good sir nigel has been shittalking belgium: ESPECIALLY with this particular avatarfag.

Belgium explained in one picture.

Read and weep, stormderp:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgians#Etymology

Belgium has no language, no people, and no history. Belgium is so rootless that the most famous thing to come from there was attributed to France, because it was a French speaker's creation.

Belgium is an easy target because they can't even run their own country properly(frankenstein monster of decent dutch ppl and a bunch of french welfare fags) let alone run some horrible bullshit zog superstate

Everything about the EU is arbitrary and "fake" and the fact that its "capital" is in Belgium of all fucking places just makes it more ironic

I thought Poirot was an English creation?

It's mostly banter lad

I'll just leave this here.

Belgium was part of the Low Countries of the Holy Roman Empire.

During the the Reformation the Northern Part of the Low Countries became Protestant and rebelled against the Roman Emperor, at that a title hold by the King of Spain. The Northern Part became the Netherlands.

The South part of the Low countries remained catholic and loyal to the Roman Emperor, changing alliance with the owner of the title from Spain to Austria, until it was conquered by France under Napoleon.

After Napoleon the title of Roman Emperor didn't exist anymore, so the land was given to the Netherlands, which pissed of the Catholic, so they rebelled and founded Belgium, a constitutional Monarchy ruled by the house Haus Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha.

I hope Nigel doesn't act like too much of a prick at his next EU parliament speech.

You left out the part where it was supposed to be part of France, but Napoleon's stupid escape led to a new treaty being signed, and how it was Britain that dictated that it would be a separate country. You're ascribing way too much self-determination to it.

The only reason Belgium became a country was that the monarch we had at the time was a weak one. That and they got absolutely no support whatsoever from neighbouring countries since at that time they had their own problems to deal with.

This shows that monarchy is absolutely terrible, eventually you get a monarch that sits there for the rest of his life (30 years or so) and fucks everything up during that very long period.

i know this already.
americans have no language, no people, and no history.
the belgian people didn't just appear out of thin air once the state had been officially formed.
they're independent (relatively speaking). they were an element of a set of other conquering nations' populations. however, this isn't the case now.
as such, anything created in belgium, by its belgian inhabitants, throughout that time is belgian. Affligem isn't a french, german, or spanish beer. it's a belgian beer that has existed for almost a thousand years.

stop derailing.

A nation is a people and Belgiums aren't a people. Belgium is a country that should get divided up between France, Netherlands and Germany. Just split it up among ethnic regions. German part of Belgium goes to Germany, French part of Belgium goes to France and Dutch part of Belgium goes to Netherlands.

Belgium is like a Yugoslavia that doesn't even need to exist. Who would take a Yugoslav identity seriously? Same with Belgium except is has even less use.

Nigel Farage is like a more intellectual trump. He is a fucking badass

you honestly want france and germany to rule over more people at this point?

French with the French and Germans with the Germans.

if anything, france and germany need to decentralize until (((they))) learn a lesson.

(((They))) are responsible for the D&C and partitions.

Das Großdeutsche Reich kann gar nicht groß genug sein.

I'm sorry if any Belgian is here and I know many of you are good and decent people but you probably identify as French or Dutch either way. Really Belgium should be more hated than Sweden.

it's not a real country

Look up Flanders. This will help you understand the history of the area a little more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanders

Also, going even further back, before the Germans.

No, man. We don't need larger central governments. We need more decentralization.

Flemish Belgian here.
There's no unified people, no unified culture, no unified tv, no unified anything except the federal government. And that has infights all the time so the unified is just on paper.

But that's just the culture and demographics.
The state apparatus doesn't function for shit, justice is a joke, bureaucracy is rampant, taxes are astronomical (one of the highest taxes in the world). The only thing that keeps Belgium going is that a lot of people are too scared to consider alternatives.

That's why it's a non-country

After WW2 Belgium took a little part from Germany, then gave the Germans living there special minority status and privileges.

Five points from Gryffindor. This isn't about you or what you know; this is a learning experience for many pyyple, and if you're such a friendless, nerdy loser that you've already read the material (you obviously haven't because you keep fucking up on basic facts), at the very least stop shitposting long enough to let others glean some knowledge from it themselves.

(((they))) are in control. they are the establishment.
they are flooding us with immigrants in order to socially coerce us as well as breed us out.
if we resist, there will be civil war and perhaps global intervention (WW3).
thet's the position we're in. so what do we do?
it's difficult to hate other races unless tribalism is apparent (anti-meritocratic) or other criminality, which is one of the reasons why we've garnered so much support. the anti-white agenda is something people are waking up to.
but if a race doesn't really commit any crimes and such, they are only responsible for presenting an existential crisis and they cannot be lashed out against.
it's a sinister jewish invasion involving many innocent people (golem) who are set to "peacefully" or violently destroy white people.

you do not empower a government that does not represent your interests. that's fucking retarded. you disempower it even to the point of secession.

you're not even aware of set theory.
nobody should ever waste their time on you.

Belgium is a non-country. It will split in half and both sides will go to France and Germany because that's all who lives there.

Belgium was created as a buffer and a balkan state to hinder France and protect against Germany(or that what supposed to rise on the german territory). Imagine something like Austria and Best Korea combined. Or first world Bosnia.

It also has Brugge which if you know was the leading (((trading centre))) in medieval Europe and as later happened with Netherlands, GB and USA they magically resisted their neighbours and unusually prospered with the help of some (((loans))). It was also the go to country for all Jews expelled from Iberia, Italy, Germany, etc. in the late 15. century.

So naturally it's a divided country that is constantly at odds with itself. Something that the kikes like. So they put the European Tower of Babel in it. Becouse it's literally an artificial non-country. Dutch in the north and French in the south.

One more thing: Belgium was the reason Britain entered war on the French side in WW1. Imagine USA today, the world superpower allied to Israel.
And they were created just 76 years beforehand on the most likely war path between then Prussia and France by a branch of the British ruling house.
(((((Pure coincidence)))))

The descriptor you're looking for is "more well-spoken Trump."
He's definitely not more intelligent seeing as he's not a billionaire nor a step away from the presidency

The name itself is an universal insult for aliens.

Fucking Sprouts

HERINNERING OM MEADHALL REGELMATIG NA TE KIJKEN VOOR DE VOLGENDE MEETS

Trump is plainspoken on purpose.
He grew up rich and went to one of the most prestigious universities in the world if you really think he is unable of speaking more eloquently rather than just choosing not to, well I don't know what to tell you.

>More Nordic and whiter than Winterhold, the base of power for the Stormcloaks
Talk about hypocrisy. Ulfric = proven Dominion plant.

Argumentum ad crumenam.

And is it just me, or is American politics full of millionaires pretending to be middle class while British politics (excluding the House of Lords, of course) is full of middle class people pretending to be rich/posh? That's the impression I get.

'Belgium' is a fake country created to serve as a buffer to France. It has no history as a country further than 1830, the year it was created.

It's the most anti-nationalistic country in Europe exactly because of this. It's thus also the most pro-EU.

t. a 'Belgian' (i wish i was born anywhere but here)

Rach as always demonstrates his shilliness by being as offtopic as possible.
Just spare yourself and us the pain by hanging yourself. And the mod that shields you can join in.

You are one of your own people, you have your own soil and people you belong to.

This has nothing to do with imaginary lines drawn to divide people.

Your native 'land' is not limited to its 'borders', it goes as far as your own people go.

Belgium is horrible, but don't forget that the people you belong to are not limited by those specific borders (or perhaps reach as far as the supposed border)

He has a feud with Guy Verhofstadt (former Belgiam PM, current MEP).

I'm American but my family came from Belgium. I feel your pain brother. What has become of our ancestral lands but a wasteland? To survive you must decouple yourself from the insane policies of the larger group. We can survive!

A little reminder the Belgians were nazi collaborators and volunteers.

What do you mean by this. Do you think he's wrong.

daily reminder that holland is a swamp colonized by brabant and france.

FLEXIT when?

Don't be too gullible it's the internet.

We (partially) base our identity on our past just like everybody else does. We were Brabant and Vlaanderen. Belgian identity never fully evolved and thank god it didn't. We still got a rich heritage despite Belgium because we never associated with it in the first place.

If you get conquered enough you learn to hate all your rulers and dislike them all.

Belgium was created to be a buffer state. The first king, Leopold I, was selected for his ties to Britain (which claimed no land in Belgium and was an enemy of France, and this was in the wake of Napoleon). Its people are of two nations. Its most important role in history was providing the British Imperial government an excuse to ruin Europe. There's a lot of reason to loathe Belgium particularly if you're English.

Were only making plans for Nigel
youtube.com/watch?v=gXNhL4J_S00
Can't barrage the farage theme song.

You trigger me pleb. We got enough heritage to draw from. Our (brabant + vlaanderen) cities were on par with london & paris for a long time. The first capital of the Frankish empire was Doornik (vlaanderen).

He noted that the Belgae, were "the bravest of the three peoples"… Guess who said this, twat? Second army of farmers to beat a standing army. Conquered and butchered but never destroyed. We colonized the swamp that is now called Holland. You underestimate us.

We got no political ambition because we were to busy being butchered to form any political ambition. Destroy Brussels it's due but don't touch any other beautiful city of Brabant.

What do these mythical creatures look like? Post a picture, mate.

This might happen but I hope fellow countrymen would defend the country against the germans. If anything we should unite with Holland. We are too asocial by nature to fit in the empire paradigm.

Conquered and butchered but never destroyed.

The fact that I'm talking to you and defending Brabant and Vlaanderen should say enough. You can distrust me but we are still here after all the invasions.

It's not that i don't trust you, it's just that my search engine does not give up a lot of information about the specimen you described.

presumably tall and pale, like Belgians

My dad was Belgian,he came to the states in 1942.
He spoke French when he was a kid.
I don't know much about theI place other than the kids are drinks and Santa Claus throws nuts at people.

I'm tall and pale wtf? Lel

Julius Caesar said the belgians were the bravest of the Gauls.

Our regions are universally acclaimed as the battlefield Europe. Partially because we go the ardennes but in general there has been a lot of war. Invaded by Germany two times, by France, by Spain, by Romans,….

That part about the colonization I as well couldn't find any information about it in English (I read it on a sketchy Dutch site). I shouldn't have claimed it as fact but it just sounds logical.

Holland essentially was a wasteland before the dikes. The source claimed France and Flanders had some outposts there which grew into todays Holland. I say Holland on purpose not the Netherlands because the Netherlands is composed a region that used to belong to Brabant (Noord-Brabant) (Belgium and the Netherlands both got a region called Limburg interestingly enough).

When I googled the colonization thing the only thing I found was a strong Frisian king who opposed the Franks but had to succumb to them. It's however certain that Brabant and Vlaanderen were European powerhouses when Holland was just a collection of mills and swamps.

the austrian netherlands are rightful spanish clay

Israel isn't even a country, but a Royal Navy stone frigate.

So just like Canada.

If this interests you enough I can give you the sources where my source bases his claims upon (the colonization thing).

Albert Delahaye and Goslar Carstens (German) his books.

Myself of course will just assume that we created the Dutch because I'm inclined to that form of pride.

Belgium only exists because the Brits wanted to weaken the Dutch since they were competing in the East.

I imagine a Brit would know Belgian's non country status the most, since they're the reason it exists.

We got hockey and 110 yard football fields.
But yeah, we're an offshoot of Britain.

The dutch speak a german dialect, have a germanic culture and are ethnically german.

The Belgians are a breeding place where the Germans and the Gauls and potentially the Celts mixed for ages. During Caesar his time we were still mostly Gauls.

Hey we all speak an Indo-European dialect we all Indo-European now? Are Spaniards the same as Italians because they both speak a Roman dialect?

A Germanic culture? HAH! Yes pre-nationalistic Germanic culture maybe. We're asocial by nature and we only want our city and our little meadow and we're like the happiest people alive. I can't speak for all of us but Imperial dreams are non-existent here.

The dutch are a germanic tribe. That is the reason why every dutch person speaks german and why there's a crazy amount of intermarriage between dutch and germans. You might want to take a look at this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_people

I checked all obvious tribes and heart oral history of the place where I was born.

The dutch didn't exist. Frisians they did exist.

Belgica during Romand times lied between Celtica and Germanica. We were of mixed Celtic and Germanic decent. Then we were conquered by Germanic Franks yes but that didn't destroy Celtic mixed descent.

Saying that the Dutch speak German is like saying the Spanish speak Latin.

Belgium was formerly known as the Spanish Netherlands. It exists because it was comparably more catholic than it's northern counterpart. France, Spain and Austrian Hapsburg fiddling has more to do with Belgium being a nation than Britain.