SPOILER: He crashes a plane with NO SURVIVORS

SPOILER: He crashes a plane with NO SURVIVORS

What is his endgame even? Theres little to no details given to him.

The same endgame of every master plan: rise the fire

I don't know about the movies -though they did hint it's mostly the same- but in the comics he generally has one of two goals. Basically Thanos is the ultimate edgelord, but usually more eloquent.

In one of his first appearances after Loki lost his adviser tells him to fight the Avengers "Is to court Death." and Thanos smiles.

In the comics, Thanos becomes aware of Death's existence as a sentient being and falls madly in love with her, but she finds him disgusting. He tries to win her affection through tribute, initially wiping out his entire species. Death naturally ignores him.

So he becomes an intergalactic despot trying to kill larger and larger masses of people in an effort to impress Death. Again and again he is ignored, he grows more insane but more powerful along the way.

He seeks the Infinity Gauntlet. Each gem grants control of a different aspect of reality, to possess them all gives one the power to re-write all of reality. His endgoal is to reshape all of reality and force Death to love him and be his queen ruling over everything with him.

So, Thanos is a beta edgelord with a serious case of oneitus. On top of that, he's quite seriously cucked by Deadpool, Death actually has a thing for Deadpool, to the point that she made him immortal.

How do a bunch of superheroes with powers like laser beams, explosive arrows, and a boomerang shield defeat a villain with the powers of a god?

the power of friendship

Depends on the book. In some cases they don't. There's several storylines where he wins and has control over all reality, and then he gets bored or realizes it's a hollow victory, so he reverts everything and gives up.

His other major weakness is his supreme arrogance. I remember an issue of Quasar where he summoned Quasar to his location to tell him of his latest evil plan and Quasar goes "Why are you telling me all this?" and Thanos just goes "Why? Because I am Thanos!"

I'm overall not that hyped about Infinity Whatever but I do look forward to seeing how they're going to handle this scene. Everybody is defeated, Captain America stands before him trying to stall and buy time. The outcome is predictable.

I feel dumber after reading that dreck. Capeshit is utterly without merit.

Don't give up now Jamal, you just gotta stick to it. Yes, it's true your IQ is capped around 80, but you should probably keep trying at least until books don't make you feel dumb anymore.

So Thanos is basically the writer's power fantasy?

I hope you're pretending to be retarded.

The term is "graphic novel" pleb.

He's from Holla Forums. None of them have read anything above a 2nd grade level. This is what happens when your primary source of "literature" is a bunch of pictures with a few dialogue captions.

Awful, isn't it? I have a friend who thinks that the Infinity Wars comic is one of the best things ever written. And he's almost 40 years old.

At the end of the day, it's just a beta cuck tale, so I guess the target audience identifies with it.

I bet you think Pluto isn't a planet.

I pity your ignorance.

HERESY

Thanos has a secret desire to lose so when he doesn't win that is because he sabotaged himself.

Thanos is basically the result of coming up with more and more powerful antagonists to match the heroes cause of the overuse of old villains.

You read picture books, lad.

Wasn't Thanos basically meant to be a rip off of Darkseid?

Indeed, Marvel and DC are the cancer of art.

It saddens me that there are people who like this shit.