Evil Justice League

Who do you think should actually be in some kind of evil JLA, Holla Forums?

Too often it ends up being their "greatest foes", who always make a up a shitty team in a number of respects because it's like:

I think what should be done is instead of getting the biggest baddest villains, they should instead go for powerset. The core JLA member's powersets are

So tell me what you think about these candidates:

Thoughts?

Nah, it's more that I've always wondered why the Legion of Doom/Injustice Gang is always terrible team-wise and not a match for the league.

shit thread

Are you the guy from the arrow thread that thinks sage is a downvote?

Evil JLA? You mean like the Crime Syndicate?

Kind of, more like the legion of doom. I think they could be done much better.

Ra's al-Ghul - Genius, tactician, non-super martial artist.
Black Adam - All-around super. Tank.
Circe - Magician, which makes her an unpredictable and difficult to counter foe.
Braniac - Techno-threat.
Maxima - Super-tank.

Ra's and Braniac would struggle for dominance of the planning and leadership, while Maxima and Black Adam would either keep each other from strong-arming everyone, or end up fucking. Or both.

It's terrible because villains by nature do not like to work together. Megalomania is a key factor of a good villain, and it just doesn't make sense to have them party up like that.

It's terrible, just like this thread and your ideas.

You what.

Supervillains teaming up because they have common goals has been a thing since forever.

When they're all out for number one yeah, it's a shit idea. But when they're all level headed sure it's good.

Also, Superwoman was such a manipulative hoe. Always jumping to the the current top dick. Shit man, this is the exact reason I would choose to be a hero over a villain, you can't trust half these niggas.

Considering his M.O., it sounds like a spectacularly bad idea to put him on any team whose goal doesn't involve destroying the planet.

Yeah, Braniac and Ra's Al Ghul would never work together

While I would read the hell out of this book, I agree with others that Braniac is the "non-team player" of the group. Most villains who have hassled the entire Justice League on their own are not great team players, and a group needs a solid, sure leader, like The Master of Evil had Zemo, the Sinister Six had Doc Ock, etc.

Though if you specifically made a new Braniac that was open to working no a team, I suppose that could work. There are tons of versions of Braniac, right?

…Just use Calculator because holy shit that is a bad idea.

At least no one's suggested putting Mongul or Darkseid on a team. I guess we all know better than that.

There are, and its descendants too. Mind you, one of them turned good and joined the Legion of Superheroes.

Brainiac works well with no one.

How about Cyborg Superman?

We could swap out Braniac for Metallo. He could be techno-guy. Plus, Kryptonite!

That might work, but I don't like the tech guy also being a heavy hitter.

Does metallo even know that much about technology?

No

That's another reason for Cy-Supes. Plus, Manhunter minions.

Too busy trying to kill himself

Metallo is shit-tier because he can't work tech.

You need someone to bring Ruin to the Justice League. Someone that Knows Superman secrets. Someone smart.

Someone like Emil

That solve your tech problem. Emil may even agree with Ra's point of view.

What I mean is that the teams are always pathetic power-wise. Look at the lineup from JL: Doom.

Individually they can kind of be threats, but as a team vs the League, they get shrekt. Bane just gets overpowered. Metallo is literally only dangerous because of Kryptonite, so any of the league's members that aren't Clark could trash him easily. Cheetah is a joke, and Mirror Master and Star Sapphire are just outclassed.

Why would Emil, a scientist and inventor of things, agree with Ra's, who believes the Earth should be cleansed of anything not natural (and humans)?

Depending on the portrayal, Mirror Master is mad OP and Star Sapphire is at least an equal to a GL, though?

Last I checked, Ra's deal is more 'eliminate 99% of humanity' than all of it, sparing those he believes are worthy of it. Can imagine supervillains working with him on the promise that they're either exempt from his goal or considered worth sparing. That and he's generally pragmatic about it and not necessarily OPEN about it unless it advantages him. (he worked with Shredder in the TMNT crossover, although everyone expected a double-cross)

Though Lex Luthor always seemed a natural for this kind of thing. He's a leader, he knows how to deal with egos. And him teaming up with the Joker is always hilarious; Lex figures he's going to invite himself anyway so might as well make it official, and Joker generally won't fuck things up as long as he has a chance to cause big time chaos, though he can't help himself a lot of the time.