So my mother inherited $280,000 and I need some investment ideas...

So my mother inherited $280,000 and I need some investment ideas. I was thinking of buying some duplexes and renting them out.

Are you your mother ?

show us her pussy

I think this guy killed his mom and stole her inheritance

Invest in a bomb shelter and non-perishable foods.

Buy rare pepes. The market has a glut right now due to the election finishing but they will only appreciate in future.

Give me $5,000

buy Nokia stock. it's gonna shoot to the moon when their new phones are released

Buy some empty lots in areas projected to grow. Being a slumlord, while profitable, can be quite hassling.

Why is your first thought to gamble with your money, my first thought would to put it in the bank, and live off the dollar store for the rest of my life, making money here, and there.

have fun getting zero interest

Yes that would be nice, but I wouldn't run out, unless of course I got some kind of disease.

you're gonna live the rest of your life on $280,000?

You would be surprised how much is free in the world, I don't have internet or cable, I don't buy food.

Buy a home, rent it out, buy your own home.

Never have to work a day in your life.

Yes, you can make your life from $280,000

Invest it all into AMD

If you're receiving food stamps and they find out you inherited that kind of money and didn't declare it, you will have to pay back the food stamp money and might get arrested for fraud.

Dumpster diving is very viable in some countries. Like half(?) of all food is thrown out in western countries, most of it completely edible.

how are you posting here then?

Free wifi

Yes.

Put most of it in a long term CD while you formulate and research a plan to invest a relatively small partition of the money.

Even better than just asking Holla Forums get the opinions of a few accountants. Tell them you were considering investing if in a long term CD. See what they say, and ask what they suggest. Get multiple opinions. Do your research. Then choose which one you like the best, and you think will best represent your interests.

Try airbnb

Take the whole amount , in cash to Vegas, bet it all on black.

come on man, CDs are a terrible investment. they've been obsolete ever since the first mp3 player was invented

I hear REITs pay out around 10 percent on average or at least they used to. not too shabby.

buy a boat.

This is now a vaporwave thread

OP could pay for a boob job to make his mother more efficient at what she is: a WHORE.

can i have $25?

Legit answer:

What kind of investment are you looking for?