Who would win in a fight? Saitama or Superman?

Who would win in a fight? Saitama or Superman?

depends on who's writing it or who you are a bigger fanboy for.

Saitama
There are plenty of things that can make superman bleed and most of them can't hew open a canyon with a weak punch

Fuck off

Hulk Hogan

Saitama by definition

anyway, shitty thread.
pls fuck off and kys

It doesn't matter what characters you choose, the answer is always the same: the winner is whoever the writer wants to win.

What kind of dull person comes up with threads like these

Saitama unless it is TRS then Demonbane.

Sauce?

Could you be a little less obviously butthurt, user? Go back to telling people to go to >>>/jojo/

Superman because

Power Man

Bingo.
Some writers put Supes strong enough to move stars and shatter reality.

Then again, we've never seen Saitama at his most serious.

Either way.. Average Supes would lose. Some versions would vaporize Saitama, but those versions have long since been deemed non-canon.

What about that time Godzilla lost to king kong?

The writer said Saitama could destroy half the universe single at once

this motherfucker right here

Saitama would obviously lose anyway, for the simple reason that he has to make physical contact. Supes is way faster and could just toss him into space.

I will never understand why people like OPM.

Goes on /a/.

Goes on Holla Forums

Holla Forums isn't for anime.

Are you saying Superman is anime? Are you retarded?

This is just as Holla Forums-related as "Are there any video game characters that could beat the Flash?" is Holla Forums-related.

I'm not saying you can't mention animu characters, just that this is a thread about anime, so it should go.

Anyone who unironically asks about "Saitama vs [insert character]" is a fucking retard. The whole series is about how stupid powerlevel wanking is.

Agreed

In response to second pic:
"On July 22, it was announced during their San Diego Comic-Con panel that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will air in October."

But it's not October, now is it?

No, the series is about exploiting powerlevel wanking for comedy.

Nigger are you kidding?

Superman was given a weakness to make him interesting

Meanwhile what makes Saitama interesting is that he has no weakness and has to deal with the lack of a challenge

All One-Punch man has to do is lace his fist with kryptonite and Superman is dead

The whole series is about the writers and fans hating superheroes and failing to understand the genre.

Lexa, Take a strip to New Zealand

I wouldn't even say he'd need the Kyrptonite

You are arguably wrong on both counts

You know superman can keep pace with the flash, right? Assuming Barry is going charity fast.

surely that has never been done before

post powerman and your waifu

I have no reason to believe Saitama wouldn't be capable of outrunning both of them, even if just for the sake of a joke

Flash is speed itself and he even outran his own death. Onelelman has nothing on the Flash.

Superman has great hair, so he wins.

That's Metroman's power, not Clark's.

One Punch Man is ultimately a deconstruction of the problem with writing Superman in this day and age; so powerful you have to have something threaten to end the universe before he'd actually be affected

So, while the writers of Superman in the 70s and 80s struggled to challenge him (killing him in the 90s probably being the best gamechanger DC had ever done up to that point (for more on how that could have gone, see Legacy of Superman #1)), Saitama struggles to find a challenge

Holy shit, you're such a fucking retard.

Comics are not shonen animes. The point isn't for them to become the "bestest ever", and be able to kick everyone's ass. Superman is not about his powerlevel.

Saitama
The whole joke of OPM is that he forgoes power level arguments. He just wins.

Imagine Breaker could beat him.

Saitama has already been tossed into space. He just casually came back afterwards.

If its the Superman who can punch reality and go backwards in time: Superman wins. If its your modern Superman with inconsistent power-level to justify any dumbass plot the writers write to give him some sort of crisis, Saitama wins.

Superman is retarded because there's no "the superman". You can't compare his powerlevel because there's so many iterations of him, he can be anywhere from "iron man could kick his ass without kryptonite" weak as shit, to "tearing space and time apart with his bare hands" OP as fuck.

Nope. Saitama would win. He does a hundred pushups every day.

Saitama knocks out Superman in one punch.

He's pleasantly surprised that it actually knocked someone out rather than kill them for once, and after Superman wakes up, they laugh off the misunderstanding and have a philosophical discussion over lunch.

I'll play devil's advocate here. Maybe western capeshit would improve if some of the heroes actually spent time trying to become better heroes rather than sticking to the formula of having their only source of character development be petty squabbles and forced romance.

Right now, when a Marvel or DC hero reaches adulthood their powerset and personalities are put on ice. They don't usually go anywhere after that point.

Now, this might be something of a strawman argument, but we've all seen this a lot: when a hero ends up fighting against an enemy that is better than them, they rarely work out to get stronger or smarter, instead usually settling on finding a gadget or other kind of magical deus ex machina to beat the enemy and then go straight back to their normal skill set in time for the next story. They don't even try to become more powerful in response to their challenges anymore.

Maybe it's just the talentless writers working at the big two, but I think the whole formula of zero character improvement that we've had for decades will have to be thrown out too if things are to get better.

Kind of the problem is that at this point, comics are written exclusively either by ageing fanboys slavishly recreating what they liked most about the comics they read when they were kids, or agenda-driven idiots willing to work for peanuts as long as they can use the comics for thinly veiled propaganda for the pet cause they picked up off the internet.

Either way, older characters are either going to be one-dimensional unintentional parodies of themselves or strawmen.

Why?

No. Remember that time he pulled his punch and still blew away hundreds of feet of sheer rock?
Hard to say, but probably also No. He's fought several guys who move multiple times faster than the speed of sound (faster than the human mind can possibly process) and Saitama was still able to keep up and surpass them.
That's the most boring way you could possibly imagine this fight. That's like saying he could just destroy the Earth so no one could fight him.

It might be boring but it is effective.

This is stupid

How about this. Who would win in a fight between Saitama and Goku?

Remember that Acqua and Kanzaki kicked Touma's ass, who both had superhuman strength from being a Saint. Imagine Breaker couldn't do anything against it.
Saitama's superhuman strength came from training/breaking his limiter, so I doubt it would have any effect on him either.

Remember, the one thing Saitama had trouble beating in the first season one one punch man was a mosquito.

Is that going to happen again in the next movie

Irrelevant question, they would both be fucked once a cute loli shows up.

Power levels mean fuck all against the power of WAIFU MATERIAL.

Nanaho is pretty high tier in terms of loli power rankings, and to be honest she couldn't handle either of them. You can't really think of Al on her own either since EGDB is really an amalgamation of the two of them as Elder Gods. Lord of Nightmares has no gender and is ageless, but even if you use the host Lina as the example she is still too old to be considered loli. Sakura is extremely powerful but her true strength as the inheritor of Clow Reed's power is abstract as fuck so she probably could overpower either of them with a sympathetic author who set the conditions up exactly right.

Superman

The question itself is stupid. Saitama would win, that's the point of manga. It's to explore the consequences of having a character who cannot lose. If he would lose, it would be as stupid as if Batman would get a gun that revives parents.

Well, since Saitama can beat Superman and Superman can beat Goku, it's a foregone conclusion that Saitama could also beat Goku.

it's like you never even watched the damn show. or you're baiting.

You're not from Holla Forums. You don't read comics.

What characters are you talking about here? Certainly not Batman or Superman, because if you're saying they need to 'improve' you're kind of missing the point. Clark is basically pure good. If you don't understand his character, read All-Star Superman. And Bruce has basically spent his entire pre-Batman life improving since he was like 8 until he became what he is now. Arguably he's still improving by developing new tactics and technology.

The only characters I can think of that this would apply to are Spider-Man and Nightwing (or characters like them, but there aren't a lot of ones in their positions that just spring to mind). Peter improved because he got better at being Spider-Man as time went on. He developed better tech and learned new techniques he could use as spidey, like being able to shape his webbing to fit different tasks. Nightwing obviously improved because he was able to get out of Bruce's shadow and become a hero in his own right.

Nigger what are you talking about? Are you complaining about the hero finding out someone's weakness to beat them? Or trying a different strategy? Because those both happen all the time. Especially when Batman is involved.

How is "I NEED TO INCREASE MY PUNCH RATING SO I CAN PUNCH HARDER" better than that?

You think that panel is canon, don't you?

Casual pls leave

I feel like mentioning again that OPM's writer said that Saitama could destroy half the universe with one punch. Half the universe

All I remember about that movie is the octopus and the blackface. That was a good movie.

I don't know what that could possibly mean

That's right up there with punching reality

I liked S-cry-d too.

Saitama is an absurd character, Superman is a serius character, there is no contest here, superman may buff up all he can but as long as it is completly and ridiculously absurd that someone like Saitama defeats him, then Saitama WILL defeat him
The only way to beat an absurd character is with another absurd character
Pic related are the only type of character i can imagine beating Saitama

I need to take a big shit.

/thread

Yip this guy could beat Saitama, any character absurd charater could beat him,
Saitam is an absurd character himself, but he lives in a world that takes itself seriously, that's why he always wins, you put him in an absurd world, and he will not be able to win against anyone as it would not be absurd for him to actually beat someone like Popey or Bugs Bunny

m8.

Popeye also loses to pics related.

Since Saitama is described by having possibly limitless strenght, speed, endurance and so on since his limiter is removed which is responsible as to how strong someone can get in his universe, it wouldn't matter, which Supes comes after him.
In time he'd kick his ass.

Well, Saitama kind of used a serious punch on Boros without killing him directly.

Neither, since they'd have no reason to fight most of the time, and one comes from a universe where his crazy power is more of a (god damn it) punchline to a long-running joke while the other one has had so many weird power inconsistencies that it doesn't matter because you can always just call on another version to try it.
Power levels are bullshit.

If you want to beat saitama, either challenge him to vidya, or fuck with the local sales.

If you want to beat superman, challenge him to a "who can have the least retarded disguise" contest.

Uh, yeah it would. You know who Superman Prime is, right?

Supes would be fucked.

He'd win in any game because his superhuman reflexes allow him to make impossible combos and react quickly to otherwise inescapable situations.

He can probably break the rules and limitations of the vidya's programming too.

He'd still lose to Superman Prime and the Thought Robot.

Superman Prime has been to the other side of the Source wall.

The thought robot is a deus ex machina elemental larger than the DC multiverse itself.

saitama is confirmed to suck at vidya though

Does super ever lift or train?

That's like asking who would win in a fight between Bugs Bunny and the Predator. They operate by two completely different sets of logic.

And it is a no brainer that Bugs would win.

Superman has already taken out Goku twice. This guy would be a pushover for him.

this

Elmer Fudd vs The Predator would be fucking hilarious.