G.I Joe

America, fuck yeah

Is there anything that sums up G.I.Joe more elegantly than the movie opening? I think not.

I always loved how bad the added lines sounded.

He's gone into a coma.

HEY EVERYONE DUKE HAS COME OUT OF HIS COMA HE'S GOING TO BE JUST FINE!

honestly i hated falcon in this movie. at least with the transformers movie hotrod had good qualities with his flaws. Hotrod was impatient and jumping the gun when going into battle but he still cared about his friends and was willing to do anything to help them. Falcon there's no good qualitites with his flaws he only becomes competent after Duke is injured and Sergeant Slaughter straightens him out.

But what did you think about the ancient underground snake society that drained all the mystery out of Cobra Commander's origin?

When I learned more about the comics as an adult, I realized how much more the former car salesmen thing just WORKED compared to the Cobra La shit

What a different world it would be if Duke died before Optimus did.

Man fuck Hasbro and their bullshit. All that stupid shit that pushed really made GI Joe worse.

Prime died so that Duke may live.

oh god i tend to pretend that never happened. seriously though the used car salesman origin is really damn good.

So, for those who remember their toys, who do you own more versions of: Snake Eyes or Cobra Commander? I only currently own three Cobra Commanders, but at least 7 different Snake Eyes toys.

I have a shit load of Cobra Commanders laying around.

Has anyone read the IDW stuff yet? I heard that the Cobra stuff is pretty good.

Fuck the Cobra La shit, it's out of place and totally ruined Cobra as an organization.

No wonder the GI Joe line died a horrible death after the movie. Because nobody liked Cobra La.

This opening is the greatest piece of American animation ever created.

I have two or three Snake Eyes, and I think two Cobra Commanders.

Silent Interlude is one of the best old school GI Joe stories.

I remember they gave Chuckles a fucking huge role for some reason

FUCK YEAH! I found a copy in a small comic shop years ago, after having only heard about it. It was every bit as good as I was told.

Audio is shit but pretty interesting watch.

This is amazing look at rushing out a comic and still being AMAZING.

Larry Hama is a god of comics. I'm planning well ahead on my projects because I know how insane it is when someone just fucks up, but he was able to work with the flow of monthly comics. But I guess he was able to put time into character bios, so when he wrote them interacting, it would flow naturally. Just a damn good writer.

So many people fall into this trap, and it's one we all have to worry about when we write.

Of fucking course some movie exec tried to have Snake Eyes talkā€¦ fucking Hollywood.