American Psycho - Morning Routine

I'm not sure why, but this scene haunts me. It seems so…surreal, so normal and yet so far removed from the world I live in. This whole film is like that for me. Patrick is trying so hard to be normal…can't we anons relate to that? Having to put on the mask and pretend around people we don't naturally care about? His anti-social nature really jives with me.

I find I want to emulate Patrick Bateman in a lot of ways. Not to be a teenage edge lord, but can anyone else relate? I find myself thinking about my morning routine, my workout routine and this scene. Am I really that different from Patrick? I mean, obviously I don't go around stabbing homeless people and feeding cats to ATMs, but maybe I'm just a line of coke in a bathroom stall away from that point?

ITT we discuss American Psycho and the character of Patrick Bateman. Also, has anyone read the book? I found it insufferable and (unusual for me) strongly prefer the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

shortlist.com/style/grooming/how-to-replicate-patrick-batemans-grooming-regimen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish I had a routine half as good as that.

I think what makes it so unusual and eerie is the detail involved in it. While you may have a routine of using the correct shampoo/conditioner and maybe a face cream, Patrick uses the same product in a specific order, in specific amounts and all while looking into the mirror, disliking what he sees.

The whole film is about fitting in, but you can see in every scene that he strongly dislikes it, and likely only does it because it's the way his father brought him up, to be a yuppie.

The business card scene demonstrate this well; he makes a card like everyone else, because it's expected, but then loses his grip on him psyche when others do it better than he, without trying as hard as he does.

Also, do you like Heuy Lewis and The News? Check em.

Great scene, i think some of us can see that in ourselves, it takes money and time, often to make good money your working 60 hr weeks so that makes it harder

Often when i think about getting my shit together more i think about this movie

Patrick Bateman achieved Nirvana

Work on it. I am. I'm nowhere near this level, but I'm climbing towards it.

OH SHIT, LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND:
"How to replicate Patrick Bateman's grooming regimen"
shortlist.com/style/grooming/how-to-replicate-patrick-batemans-grooming-regimen

Not in the Buddhist sense of the word. Patrick has not overcome the this/that barrier, transcending the individual ego and reaching a oneness with the universe.

Actually no, my 194 IQ allows me to have freedom of movemement around normies without having to put on a "mask". My own subconscious is too advanced to "pretend", it does everything itself.

What I love about this scene is the sheer aesthetic of it and I admire Patrick's precise morning routine and I wish my sleeping pattern was not fucked up so I could have one my one own.

This is the best joke in this thread so far.

Man, if I had a 194 IQ, I like to think I wouldn't be spending time on imageboards. Or suffering from erratic sleep.

I don't. The amount of hours I spend on imageboards is limited to 4-5/month. Also Leonardo daVinci, Italian polymath, slept only 4 hours every night, with no specific hour to rest or stay awake.
Your idea of a very smart person seems to be very limited and dictated by your false presumptions, which likely spur from a lifetime of ignorance and pretentiousness, thus I can't but smile in what cannot be described with any other word by pity, though I find your limited world view more cute than anything.

You're a cuckoldry fetishist, right?

It IS the thinking man's fetish…

Showin' off yer genius there, mate.

i always decide im gonna have a routine and do x, y, z but i wake up in the morning always feeling like shit and have zero desire to do it

same is true of everything in my life

reading a book, practicing piano, programming etc i just imageboards all day

ill do it tomorrorw i say but i wake up and i just dont want to

Ha, what a pathetic existence you must live, I have a 300 point iq.

400 IQ here just dropping in to say that you are all pathetic. Prequels are kino.

Pathetic subhuman goyim. I have an IQ of 6,000,000 officially measured by the Jewish Institute of Intelligence.

Read attached, hang out at /improve/.

I'll stick to Harry Potter and truly intelligent works.

Seriously, how much more regressive can you get?

Heh, you'll never understand what it is to be truly intelligent. I am basically an incarnation of The Doctor mixed with Sherlock but more like Moriarty or The Master. Someone so beyond you that I already know what you're going to say, think, the moment I lock eyes with you I've already seen every outcome, every word that could be uttered, I've heard everything and seen everything and it's just in a flash.

Don't challenge me - you'll regret it.