Shit movies that you got dragged into watching

When have you ended up paying for a movie that you knew would be bad because your friends wanted you to go see it?

I just got taken to pic related by my gf and it was fucking garbage. Fortunately she didn't really like it either but she's the kind of person who sees nothing wrong with paying for and watching a movie that isn't good.

Yeah, I ended up watching the remake of Last House on the Left with my ex. It was a fucking joke compared to the original. Why did Wes Craven feel the need to direct a watered down remake of his own film?

My younger sister went to see this movie called Ghost Town starring Ricky Gervias. It was a very mediocre rom com type of thing and the only reason why we saw it was because nothing else good was on at the time.

Women can't into kino.

I suggested we watch a film one time when we caught up with a friend. He was super normalcore and the theatre only seemed to have mainstream trash on it, so we went to see Dr Strange. Not the worst film ever but still pretty shitty.

This thread isn't for getting dragged into mediocre Marvel films, it's for genuinely awful movies with little to no redeeming qualities. Dr Strange at least had some cool visuals but Rings was merely your standard nuhorror cash grab garbage.

At least bad movies can be interesting in how awful they are, if they're Marvel sludge then its just bland and uninteresting shit you've already seen.

To be fair, the only Marvelshit movies I've seen have been the first Iron Man and Doctor Strange which are apparently the best of the bunch so my perception of them might not be too accurate. Strange had some visual tricks that I definitely hadn't seen before which saved it from its completely uninteresting plot/characters/dialogue/theme/shit that matters.

He only produced the remake. It was directed by Dennis Iliadis.

My Dad and I try and go see a movie every week so I've seen a lot of terrible things and a lot of great things

Thought it'd be bad but I loved it

This is going to be shit and it is

Aside from having generic Hollywood dialogue and mediocre characters what was wrong with Arrival and Gravity?

your ex wanted to watch movies about teenage girls getting raped? shame that didn't work out

I get dragged off to every big reddit movie but I can usually make it through those without stabbing myself with a pen. however I once made somebody watch V/H//S because "I heard it was good", not in a theater, but the shame and regret and what I'd done became unbearable after about 15 minutes.

sorry I'm old, but how does horror keep getting worse? first scream (not so shabby tbh) ruined everything, then japanese remakes ruined everything, and now it keeps getting even more ruined.

haha

stop being a baby back bitch

It keeps getting worse because people allow it to. Teenagers will watch anything, especially if it's full of jumpscares since they think those are actually scary. They don't want a proper horror movie, they want something they can not pay attention to and text during outside of the few moments where there's a really loud noise and flash on the screen so they can actually feel something for once. They don't care about plot, they don't care about atmosphere, and they certainly don't care about tension.

It doesn't help that they've been raised watching so much modern hollywood garbage that they're effectively "film illiterate" and don't even bother for the elements of a movie like internal consistency or cinematography since they are almost never exposed to movies that are actually competent.

I don't go to the cinema, I only watch in streaming online.💪💪😋😊😊

Apparently there's a problem nowadays with taking kids to see fun violent movies (my parents took me to Raiders when I was 5) so we went to see this shit instead.
Was hoping for at least some quirky mythology about polynesian prometheus-thor-loki but nope, watered down made up bullshit. When they could have had fun stuff like
Faces were too Bioware for brown qt to be qt, and I know Disney's M.O. is mindless wish fulfillment but jesus christ, the "heroine" was apparently chosen by the ocean itself to accomplish jack shit besides being a tourist while the actual hero does fucking everything.
Disney a shit

Way back in the 90s, my friends dragged me to watch Sphere. It was so bad I was angry at them for insisting we go see it.

I'm a fan of the Ring franchise and there is no way Rings is worse than Ring 0 or the American Ring 2.

I'm waiting patiently for a Bluray rip.

Pitch Perfect 2. I was at a big family get together and they all decided to watch the movie, so I watched it with them. My grandma and I were the only ones who hated it.

American Pie (don't know what one), some random teenager horror movie about an abandoned hospital or something. Only ones I can rememer and they were so shit I didn't feel the need to even memorize their names.