Is Cowboy Bebop worth seeing or is it typical japanime virgin type stuff?

Is Cowboy Bebop worth seeing or is it typical japanime virgin type stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yY50vgic_zw&t=533s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty much all anime is trash.

It's pleb tier entry level stuff. If you're a normie, you may like it.

it's fantastic, minimal autism

Better than 99% of anime. I liked the first half of the show, but the rest of it was meh at best.

Good for toonami entry level normalfags that don't like anime.

Definitely worth a watch

Which means what, exactly?

no

Black Lagoon did Cowboy Bebop better than Cowboy Bebop, tbh.

if you look at popular japanimes they look a bit shit but if you DIG DEEP you can find the ones that are truly absolute shit

No, watch Space Dandy instead.

If you think that most anime is trash then you will probably like Cowboy Bebop.

No matter how deep you dig, you'll never find anything on par with the artistry of American television.

You know how funny it is because everyone laughs when he says it. How can any other show ever compete?

stay triggered, Tojo

This always starts with you people getting triggered.

shit forgot to take off my name

Cowboy Bebop is art. Watch it, for real.

This is one the worst and most nonsensical forced memes I know of.

It's in my backlog after the entirety of slayers. it will take some time.

no watching cuckime is the worst and most nonsensical forced meme

nobody actually watches that shit troll, it's an internet meme

Its commies trying to demonize the only form of modern art that still doesn't have jewish influence in it. Beautiful women, proactive men, and it undoes all of their shit arguments in the mean time.

I can't even keep up with all the bullshit these days. Cucktime? Is that a bad thing? Is that an insult? Should I be offended you don't like the media I like?

Why are you asking about anime here?
Go to /a/.

So how many months have you been tirelessly policing Holla Forums now? Or has it been years?

the laugh track is actually a live audience

Maybe you should ask on /a/

There's a board for anime.
>>>/a/
You're welcome.

Back to reddipol, clintrump!

Why is Bebop bad?

so it's actually a decent show?

Yes.
If a weeb says something is "Entry Level" then its probably good because you don't have to be an obsessive Japanese weeaboo to get into and it will appeal to Western minds.

I've tried to get into it multiple times but its kind of boring, Trigun is much better imo

It used to have legitimate meaning but now thanks to the idiot vols and their enabling userbase who have ruined /a/ it mostly means "not slice of life". Not always, but nine times out of ten.

it's shit.

also shit

It's not bad, it's just that some people act like it's the greatest thing in existence, which usually means that they haven't watched a lot of anime. Basically it's baby's first anime.

This better be a raid or a samefag or else.

It's just the anime autist on his endless quest to try to enlighten a board who gives no shits about anime about the joys of anime.

Then what's not entry level?
I shouldn't even be asking because the thread is shit.

Or else what?
You'll spam Holla Forums with a different flavor of stupid shit?
Are we on the verge of another autism war?

The ones that normalfags don't obsess over.

Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei leans a lot on Japanese culture, society, events and people so it's not that suitable for beginners (even experienced viewers will fail to understand a lot of things). Concrete Revolutio doesn't just have a narrative that's difficult to follow but is based on 20th century Japanese history and pop culture.

Then there's stuff like Oreimo and Strike Witches that just clash too much with Western and especially American sensibilities.

Top kek, stick to your infantile American media cuckold.

i only got here from 4chan yesterday

fuck off with your cuckime gaylords

Then fuck off

This is our site now cuck.

make us, 8cucks

t. cuck

Fugging cuglorbs

It's shit but you're right, it's the closest anime is ever going to get to "art."

Art doesn't mean symbolism (and Angel's Egg isn't the only anime to use it).

That's the most retarded statement I've ever heard but I expect no less from you.

Thanks for actual recommendations.

That's my point.
Art doesn't mean symbolism and especially not in visual art.
Which is why Angle's Egg is shit.

At least wait a few minutes.

Which films do you consider to be "art"?

Just because your precious slav director said it doesn't make it the gospel. Angel's Egg is better than anything that gets discussed here,

Who are you quoting?

Were talking about animation not film, two different yet similar mediums.

This is the closest anime posters will ever get to an actual argument.

Which pieces of animation do you consider to be "art"?

Computer generated shit obviously doesn't count.

This is the closest you ever get to an actual argument.

I wasn't making recommendations, although I would recommend those shows depending on the context.

There's more to Angel's Egg than just symbolism. People do this with NGE too, they just get caught up in the symbolism and ignore everything else.

Nothing.
Yeah, nothing.
Animation as a medium has not separated itself, it is only "live action" but with a different aesthetic. One day maybe some Jap pioneer will make it but animation came in too late for anything of value to be made. If animation is to become an art, a good art then it must substantiate itself into a separate art form from film, and paintings.

What an absolutely retarded mindset.

How could something like Dead Leaves be replicated in live action?
youtube.com/watch?v=yY50vgic_zw&t=533s

Fuck off with that meme director, he himself used it in Stalker, he never said that just a form of it.

Costumes, puppets, and animatronics.

CGI and other special effects either with slo mow or an emphasis on motion. Which ever you choose. It's still not defining animation as an art form.

No you smelly blumpfcug

That shit looks like something that would play on Liquid Television.

Are you drunk?

Outlaw Star is better

ftfy

Live action cinema is the foundation of anime, but anime does a lot other things besides convert live action into animation. Even the act of doing animation as if it were live action makes it different from live action, because you start with a blank canvas and every single thing has to be thought of and then drawn, painted or digitally created. A lot of things that happen automatically in live action and get taken for granted have to be done from scratch in anime. The fact that it's difficult and time-consuming to freely move the camera in animation and that animation consists of flat layers also has an effect on filmmaking techniques. It's artistically a very different endeavor than live action.

Definately not.

It's much better than the bulk of anime created, especially recently.

If Millennials actually watched Cowboy Bebop instead of just buying t-shirts with Spike on them, and going home to watch Naruto or Sword Art Online they might actually know what good anime is.

The plot and characters are garbage but the setting, style, soundtrack and art are all top notch.

Pretty colours =/= good cinematography /a/utist

Watch Welcome to the NHK

Yuru Yuri

Basic bitch entry level slice of life.

Only a true patrician can appreciate and understand the varying themes and philosophical concepts contained within Yuru Yuri.

>>>/a/

ayyy

Remember when this board wasn't run by Holla Forums?

Good times.

anime make you gay chinese,

If they are Holla Forums then they are more entertaining than your whiny ass.

this is not r9k

fuck you and fuck off

Shit that's full of magical little girls.

But Sailor Moon is literally as entry level as you can get.

I was very clearly illustrating that anime doesn't simply imitate live action, so how did you conclude I was talking about cinematography?

Yosuga no Sora is a better incest anime.

It's probably the best ensemble action TV show there is.

stupid contrarian faggot.

how fucking insecure do you have to be that you can't enjoy something because someone else enjoys it too?

It's not because of that, and there's plenty of anime I enjoy that others also enjoy (those other people aren't normalfags though). It's because there's this strange coincidence where most anime normalfags love are shit. It's a recurring pattern. If they liked something that's actually good then I'd still like it.

Its entry-level, but its charm is obvious if you're an American or can recognize the homages to Western culture. Thats probably part of its appeal, its the one of the most friendly anime to non-japanese out there.

If you hate the typical anime tropes like moeshit and what not this is for you.

cowboy bebop is cuck trash and everyone who isnt a faggot knows this. Space cucks fly around constantly broke because some space cunt keeps robbing them and they just put up with it? And just incase that wasnt enough to tempt the betas in, they tack on a little brown boygirl to make sure all the pedo bases are covered. If you grew up without a father in your life i could sorta forgive you not knowing any better, but if you dont realize how cucked it is by now..
tbh i knew it was shit right away because one of my pleb friends couldnt shut up about it -watching it only confirmed my suspicions
But atleast the intro is alright.
but if im being honest, even Big O was better.

Moeshit isn't a trope. It isn't even a thing that exist.

Sure thing anime autist

Stating that something does not exist when it does not exist is not autism.

Being very autistic about anime doesn't make moeshit not real anime autist.

If someone says that the White House is run by My Little Pony characters that are robots controlled by Batman and you say "that's not true," does that make you autistic?

Being autistic about anime makes you autistic, anime autist.

So it's autistic to correctly state that something isn't true?

No, but stating an indirect question about whether stating truth is autistic in defense of his earlier autism is autistic.

Shut the fuck up/

>>>Holla Forums

What are you even trying to argue?

I don't know about him but my argument is that you are cripplingly autistic about anime. An anime autist, if you will.

That anime autist is autistic because he commensed in autism by questioning the autism of stating truth in pursuit of proving the lack of autism.

So it's autistic to correctly state that something isn't true?

Your autism about anime is what is autistic. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Even someone with your impairment should be able to understand it.

This isn't even about anime anymore, you are arguing the general principle that it's autistic to correctly state that something is not true.

Your autistic attempts to divert into an argument I didn't make is only reinforcing how autistic you are. You are extremely autistic about anime. Your huge freak out with the "You have no evidence" thread and your inability to grasp when others are not actually having a serious discussion with you about your obsession and are transparently only winding you up over the course of months is what makes you autistic. Of all the spergs here, you are the only one who is actually autistic and broken and not playing a character to amuse.

I'm not diverting anything. You are arguing the general principle that it's autistic to correctly state that something is not true. If you don't want to argue that then stop arguing it. You are in fact the one trying to divert things by trying to constantly bring up anime for no reason.

Isn't this the show that Joss Whedon ripped off to make Firefly?

It's a shitty gook knockoff of Firefly.
There's no cuckime out there that can compare to superior and more politically progressive western television.

I think Whedon ripped off Outlaw Star instead. The pilots for both shows are eerily similar.

Eh, a little of both. It isn't bad. Seeing it once is really all you need. I would venture it isn't the same as Trigun which is Japanese virgin tier.

Time traveling gooks that is.

Definitely. You have entire scenes that are C/C.

Firefly is a mix of Outlaw Star and an obscure Canadian sci-fi show called Starhunter.

Outlaw Star is sadly underrated.

It's not as good as Bebop but it's still solid.

Never a better time to get into Outlaw Star right now. The Blurays came out a while back and the rips are worth the hard drive space. The colors are so good and proof that the DVD releases were lazily done. I knew I wasn't just nostalgia-gazing when I noticed the DVD releases were desaturated.

I almost wish the series was long but then it would just go down hill.

Honestly I feel that Outlaw Star is much better than CB. Better characters/plot, better overall music (Although I do like the Jazz of CB), and better looking spaceships. The theme and feeling of the story is more light hearted, without trying to be as "edgy" as CB tends to be at times.

I bought the dvds years ago. I always felt it wasn't very good. Guess I need to get the bluray rip.

Was my first brush with soul-crushing childhood disappointment.

Then what's good cinematography in your opinion?

Does cuck even mean anything anymore?

cuck

t. cuck

Implying "Live Action" and "Animation" are not genres of filmmaking.

I'm serious. Cuck is supposed too mean someone that is either:
1. Someone who is raising a child that is not theirs biologically.
2. Someone who likes too watch their relationship partner too have sex with someone else.

That's silly, their is literally nothing that cannot be done with CGI and SFX nowadays.

bump

thanks for the bump bby :3

When someone calls you a faggot, do you take that literally too?

false equivalence, and you know it.

I don't see how.

I literally jump in my car, haul ass to the nearest gay bar, get my ass hauled, and then head back so I can sit in my chair and enjoy the gooey feeling of pozloads in my rectum while I continue arguing about retarded shit on one of the worst/best boards on Holla Forums.

3. Someone who likes to watch a MC get financially cucked by a space cunt because his wife/gf doesnt even let him watch anymore

enjoy your cowboy cuckbop faggot.

ALL ME!

Entirely possible.

With this post this thread became garbage.

How does that make it better though? Not saying that's a bad quality to have, but I enjoy both light hearted and grim shows so long as they're done reliably done well.

I think you just a preference for fluff.

Bebop doesn't come across as edgy at all, it's just a western in space.

Maybe you were thinking of Elfin Lied or Attack on Titan when you said "edgy"

CB and OS are both kino in my opinion, I'd agree about the ships though; CB ships are hideous.

I think that was intentional like it was in star wars, CB has a "everything is rundown and shit" too it. Also their ugly ships helped convey how poor they were, the Bebop used to be a mining ship after all.

*CB has a "everything is rundown and shit" aesthetic to it.

It's not just that, in Star Wars even though some things are old and run down you can imagine their past being glorious because of good ship designs. In CB I think the ships were probably always ugly for some reason, cept for this one right here.

I think the ship designer for CB was focusing on a function>aesthetics design philosophy. Also my point about the ships conveying their financial situation still stands.

Elfin Lied was great and "edgy" is not an argument.

This. It's the show you show people who don't usually enjoy anime or think anime is all generic moe shit. Bebop is a great experience but overrated.

Elfen Lied was a masterpiece to be honest.

high school nostalgia