Federal Court: The Fourth Amendment Does Not Protect Your Home Computer

A federal court in Virginia today ruled that a criminal defendant has no "reasonable expectation of privacy" in his personal computer, located inside his home. The court says the federal government does not need a warrant to hack into an individual's computer. EFF reports: "The implications for the decision, if upheld, are staggering: law enforcement would be free to remotely search and seize information from your computer, without a warrant, without probable cause, or without any suspicion at all.

eff.org/deeplinks/2016/06/federal-court-fourth-amendment-does-not-protect-your-home-computer

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tailored_Access_Operations&oldid=721462921#QUANTUM_attacks
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Room_641A&oldid=726113339
theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just today, Ghostler was talking about how in Texas, cops can arrest you and draw blood from you on the assumption that you were driving while intoxicated. Ghost even said it was an illegal attempt to gain DNA information.

Somebody stop this shit. It's fucking insane.

OH SHIT THIS IS HUGE
BUMP

Only a complete overhaul of the American legal system would allow for this to be halted and reversed. One of the ultimate failings of our common law system and jurisprudence is that it is incredibly susceptible to kikery and corruption of the Big Brother flavor.

Eventually they will be able to create legal parameters allowing for mass data collection from all networked devices, probably forcing the ISP's/carrier providers to assist in this endeavor, and possibly installing micro-feedback devices in networking equipment (modems, routers, ethernet hubs, possibly CAT-7 ports, etc) to collect all network activity. The technology is certainly available and we know that the (((intelligence agencies))) frequent Defcon and other hacker conventions. No doubt they've acquired the talent.

We're fucked.

This has been around for a while, it's called the Implied Consent Law

Is this saying someone who is already on trial has no right to privacy? That is how I am interpreting it when the article says "Defendant".

I want to get off Mr. Goldstein's wild ride.

Race War Coming
If You Want It

forget brexit, this is the real shit

Yeah, this won't backfire on the communists when Trump takes the driver's seat.

Sorry Hillary, but we already took those emails. And all of Soros' emails too.

Who doesn't?

Bump.

All of our wildest (((conspiracy theories))) are coming true.

you know, he best way to deal with this is just not play the game.

Fuck this gay earthsite, just search >>>/eternalarchive/ and you'll find shit, including something called IPFS amongst other things.

There ruling is totally wrong and if this goes to the Supreme court they will hold this decision as unconstitutional and I will never support the government infringing upon the Bill of Rights and the 4th amendment HOWEVER you're a fucking retard if you can't secure your computer

You're a fucking retard if you think you can secure your computer, barring maybe custom built parts and a Faraday cage. The closest thing to security most people get in the modern world on a computer is not being worth targeting.

Fucking bump

This is fucking bullshit

It's simply a matter of whether or not you're worth their time.

how could we now get some law enforcement to hack the judges computer/phone without a warrant?

Only you can stob id now, while you still have guns amibros.

If they can take stuff off your computer, what's stopping them from putting shit on there?

Sounds like a method to create an easy means of planting evidence on people.

Expect suddenly explosion of cheese pizza appearing on 'social malcontents' if this stands.

I could see it happening.

No guys. He goes to Holla Forums and /g/, everything is FOSS. There is no way for the goverment to get into and steal his pepes.

No. Read the damn article, it's not long.

top jej

After Scalia's death? I wouldn't be so sure.

BAMPU. This is important shit.*

Hillary E-mails released when?

Already happened.
Bump.
My question is, is the Virginia court binding on all states or only their home state laws?

How in gods name do they come up with this idea? This is preposterous

Legalizing currently illegal data collection.

yeah, but I'm saying that i wonder how they could interpret the 4 amendment etc that way. There had to be some excuse, however convoluted.

This has high verbal IQ bullshit written all over it.

But really, they've been doing this anyway. Now you can't sue them if they get caught and perhaps any evidence they find may be admissable in court.

That's like saying the Feds get to snoop in your fridge bc electricity is a utility. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever

legalize sea pea, there's no reason for it to remain illegal.

Maybe not legalize (shits degenerate), but they need to "decriminalize" it , where some feds can't slap a picture on your hard drive, and basically destroy your life.

Though, they don't need cp, that's just the easiest route. They could just as easily slap "terrorist plans" on your computer and fuck you just as hard.

Aight fuck it, fuck this shitty country, where is there to go?

The Montanans have the right idea.

Seriously, I heard that they tried photo radar in TX once, and all the cameras ended up being shot out.

New Mexico has had this for a while.

You put tags on a car, you insure it, congrats, you're now under UCC/admiralty law and have zero rights. Try to drive without tags and see what happens.

You are tricked into accepting their jurisdiction.

My advice? Move to Louisiana or Quebec and learn the law very, very well.

Not on a boat, it isn't.

Its a clear pattern.
And then they start using this shit on other cases that have nothing to do with the original case. When will people understand that this shit hurts EVERYONE'S freedoms and not just those with cp?

I live with someone with a high enough clearance that if they wanted me to stop they would have showed up by now.

Is this 2012? That's not news.

Drop Windows from Vista and onward anyway. Or better, sever all network connections in Windows and install Mint for internet instead.

holy shit….Deus Ex WAS FUCKING RIGHT

Holla Forums SYNDICATE WHEN FAGGOTS?

the fucking noose is tightening, we need to form out own clandestine syndicate over encrypted networks.

No. Hidden networks become a honeypot quicker than you think. One compromised node and all participants get exposed. Hiding in plain sight is still the best option. Another important thing is creating as much data noise as possible. At one point we will win the race against their storage systems and analysis programs.

All the shitposting suddenly makes sense.

They just said so and made it law, and you are antisemitic for questioning their motives.

It doesn't need to make any sense, it just needs to be proclaimed by a kike in a toga and a funny wig.

Buzzwords like this are kept intentionally vague. There's a value attached to them, with no objective criteria for what does and doesn't count as them.

It's unreasonable to expect privacy with your PC, goy. You're hooked up to the internet, the state should be able to violate your property rights without a warrant.

But don't you hack into a corporate or government computer, goy. That would be a crime.

This is already happening.

>The TAO has developed an attack suite they call QUANTUM. It relies on a compromised router that duplicates internet traffic, typically HTTP requests, so that they go both to the intended target and to an NSA site (indirectly). The NSA site runs FOXACID software which sends back exploits that load in the background in the target web browser before the intended destination has had a chance to respond (it's unclear if the compromised router facilitates this race on the return trip).
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tailored_Access_Operations&oldid=721462921#QUANTUM_attacks

>Room 641A is located in the SBC Communications building at 611 Folsom Street, San Francisco, three floors of which were occupied by AT&T before SBC purchased AT&T.[1] The room was referred to in internal AT&T documents as the SG3 [Study Group 3] Secure Room. It is fed by fiber optic lines from beam splitters installed in fiber optic trunks carrying Internet backbone traffic[3] and, as analyzed by J. Scott Marcus, a former CTO for GTE and a former adviser to the FCC, has access to all Internet traffic that passes through the building, and therefore "the capability to enable surveillance and analysis of internet content on a massive scale, including both overseas and purely domestic traffic."[4] Former director of the NSA's World Geopolitical and Military Analysis Reporting Group, William Binney, has estimated that 10 to 20 such facilities have been installed throughout the United States.[2]

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Room_641A&oldid=726113339

theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

As others have pointed out, that doesn't necessarily help. Unless you've personally audited every single piece of software, hardware, and firmware that you use, not only on your computer but every system that your traffic passes through (yeah, good luck with that shit) you have no guarantee of anything and must assume that you are compromised.

Computers and the internet were not designed to be anonymous. Any attempt at anonymizing yourself is building on a broken base. I'm not saying "be a good goyim and just give in, resistance is futile", I'm saying don't fool yourself into thinking that using FOSS makes you safe.