Was Anonymous Ever Good?

Well was it?! And how can it be made great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/AnonymousWorldvoce
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They were already pretty cucked when I started my *chan shitposting career, ca. MMVIII.

anonymous wasn't even a hacker group they were just shitposters who made fun of people who took them seriously by saying they were.

We're in the same situation. I can't recall Anonymous ever being "good." But I do know Soros funds them now, and the FEDS control them. If they hold no value which could be considered aligned with our own, or if the potential to use Anonymous in this way doesn't exist, why would Soros and Law Enforcement really care? Especially Soros…

Would an actual hacker group benefit Holla Forums and Holla Forums today?

I I am correct it started out just for the lulz, which was okay. Once they turned all cuck (which was very fast) it went to shit.

It's no longer any good, and any press they receive on someone who is "in anonymous" is just some dude that is using it as a mask.

If Holla Forums made it's own offshoot of anonymous and everyone in it would work together to do some very big shit for keks it would be good, we would take over the old anonymous name as it's already dying.

Very interesting points, and thanks for the knowledge. A name is something such a group would need, isn't it…

maybe but more than likely get everyone v8ed

As much as I'd like to see 8/b/ take over the Anonymous name and ruin it, I don't think we have enough people willing to do it.

No, it would get news coverage 24/7 and let the Somalians flood in

As long as a ton of people don't flood in at one time it shouldn't be a problem.

If a small amount of people find out about Holla Forums at one time they will either have to adjust and become one of us, or get triggered, cry, bitch about it, then finally leave.

When people on imageboard start caring about the consequences of their actions in the real world, rather than just about what is fun, things start to go downhill.

Anonymous has done a handful of cool shit, like that time they fucked with that Kenny kid who was abusing his cat and posting vids of it to youtube.

Overall its not anonymous' fault it went to shit, it's the media's fault. The media publicized anonymous and it's actions (specifically chanology, hackers on steroids) and this attracted normalfags far and wide. Places like Hot Topic and Spencers started selling Guy Fawkes masks and everything just went further and further downhill.

Anonymous is multiple sub-groups now. If the main subgroup would have some sort of initiation to get into the subgroup it would actually get more shit done and not be filled with kids.

Well, maybe still filled with kids, but semi-smart ones.

If you faggots wanna re-take ongongeeemuuze, fucks sake, don't call it anonymous. And don't even mention Holla Forums. Anyone who calls themselves "Anonymous" now is just a cringy poseur who deserves to get castrated. muhmommymous is fucking dead, not even a corpse is left of what it once was, for the mfaggots have eaten all that there was. Maybe trying to revive baphomet might be a better idea, or have some fucking creativity for once in your lives and call it something original. Like Anusmoss.

Anyone who gets this upset about maintaining the integrity of dumb internet identities and cliques is a cringy poser.

t. Anonymous

Hitlerdubs, my point is that if you're trying to revive anonymous, and you call yourself anonymous, you'll look like a faggot, because dongkongeymoose is made up completely of faggots who want to be edgy and cool.
Pic unrelated.

It's like trying to restore the KKK to it's former glory.

You don't revive anonymous, it just is, and always has been. The perception people have of it is irrelevant.

You could go out and do a shooting dressed up as 4chan man and the media would all hate it then but the concept wont have changed. Anonymous is not an identity, but the rejection of any identity.

Yes it was good, but it's dead now and can't be resurrected.

The anonymous that's around today youtube.com/user/AnonymousWorldvoce branched off during the chanology and aren't affiliated with chans anymore.

Dusty Nevar Forget

the best of u ran down 7chan's leg m8

No, that was the entire point.

Let's take a step back and look at the history of Anonymous:

Anonymous 4chan shitposters went around causing a ruckus which caught the eye of sensualist journalism who sugarcoated the story as if it were an actual group with a political agenda. This story was bought by teenagers going through their Holden Caulfield phase who promptly spent their pocket money on a Guy Fawkes mask and briefly watched one YouTube tutorial on "how 2 hack" (which really was a 13 year old pinging Google from a command prompt).

Was Anonymous Ever Good?

No.

They were cool when they were knocking down the banks. I don't like the new SJW shit they're into.

THIS!!!
It makes me cringe every time someone refers to "anonymous" as a group, but then again there are group(s) that actually call themselves anonymous these days.

yeah, what will we call a group of anonymous posters that frown on identity?

the unknowns?
the nobodies?

Newfag detected. Anonymous used to be everyone, it was anyone on the internet. There were organized groups like lulzsec and GNAA but they were still a collective. Faggots like you who think Anonymous is some sort of group are fucking retarded. Stop watching so much mainstream media, fag.

chan culture has massively shaped and transformed american culture in a lot of peoples lives thats the true change of anonymous.

yeah it was. but nowadays the legion is full of shitheads, fbi informants or trolls.. can't bring back the old times i guess.. NSA is everywhere, nobody is anonymous anymore… to bad

we are

When it was for the lulz it was pretty good, then the cancer that was Channology happened and OWS burried the already necrosing corpse.

Why do you bring this back.

It's fuckin 11 days old

I don think you guys understand the point. Originally the name wasn´t ¨Anonymous¨, everyone doing or talking about it happened to be anonymous. You can´t be in it for glory, you run much more risk of corruption namefagging is cancer.

because it was better than muh 1488 ebin master race, spooks, go back to gulag anonymous that infests this site.

we are all anonymous