Danny Phantom

I remember a few months back some user did a full marathon and quick review of Code Lyoko episode by episode so I thought it would be fun to do that with another series.

I haven't watched this show in over a decade so I am going to do it with a fresh pair of eyes and write my comments after each one.

Anyone who wants to through in their opinion or point out something I missed is encouraged to do so.

Other urls found in this thread:

dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Ember_McLain
marmel.com/
mega.nz/#F!UN8jTTDS!3Its0gCZr5_lfp7qdQS6yg
mega.nz/#F!NF1i1SIY!J92kOruTwjCmDX6vW7xZcw
mega.nz/#F!ZU9HQTJQ!s3u0sEEKdVeAv7RO9w9J9w
imgur.com/a/8O3gh
fanfiction.net/s/8556012/1/The-Phantom-Reboot
m.fanfiction.net/s/7476808/1/Phantom-of-Truth
fanfiction.net/s/7476808/1/Phantom-of-Truth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't put up the videos I am watching but everyone can follow along here

what the fuck is this
how about you just post a fucking magnet
or better yet, make a stream

Neat.
I haven't watched this in a while either and all I remember is Sam being a cunt and the last season being awful. Hope you have fun, though, OP.

EP: 1
Mystery Meat

Bold move not doing the origin story at the beginning and skipping to the first Ghost attack

I will give points for originality, not exactly a typical villain for a first episode

How the fuck is it that Danny's parents don't notice the giant meat monster? I get that they are established to be stupid but they aren't blind.

A lot of exposition but that's unavoidable when doing a superhero setup of a completely unknown character in a less than 30 minute time frame.

Maybe it's just the autistic adult in me talking but the whole bit with the thermos was too convenient.

7/10
decent start given the limitations

not everyone can use torrents for various reasons but here

Hash: 7ff3f9ad0e8fff17af129c98fab006b30a971bb9

Tracker: udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce

I wanted something everyone could watch and that was the best I found, feel free to post a better alternative.

I won't be doing all of it in one sitting and even if I was not everyone can sit and watch the stream the whole time; Holla Forums isn't as fast moving as other forums so it's fine to take it slow and steady, better to give people the opportunity to watch it at their own pace.

Ep: 2
Parental Bonding

It may be a really cheesy pun but I like the title

Again Dannys dad is completely ignorant to all the weird shit going on around him. How is it that a fucking dragon can appear out of nowhere several time and no one has any question after it's gone? Especially the ghost-hunters who spend everyday looking for this stuff.

The show does appear to have some continuity and constancy since Danny is shown to be getting better at using his powers, I hope that continues. Seems like the kids are at the start of freshman or sophomore year and it is homecoming time.

The dragon fight felt a bit generic but acceptable, the whole episode felt like it went by too quick.

What did Danny do with the amulet? I pretty sure the princess character will appear again later so how she get back the amulet? one more thing that triggers my autism.

I hate when they establish the OTP so quickly, it normally means they will drag out the coming together till the finale.

For a middle American town the school sure is "ethnic", going to have to check how many of the makers names echo.

6/10
It's not better or worse than the first episode, just average.

All the women seem to be cunts in this show just in various ways, Sam is a bit more bitchy than some of the other characters but she also seems to be a lot more loyal which makes up for it, plus she is a teenage girl so it's to be expected.

Yeah I had a feeling about that, the first two seasons got 20 episodes each but the last season only got 13, that never happens without a shard drop in quality and a rushed schedule.

From what I remember, she gets worse as the series goes on, but she's not so bad in the first season.

In my opinion, the show does not get worse.
But it also does not get better.
It stays at the exact same level, unchanging, almost never doing anything original, to the point where you start drowning in the mediocrity and tedious monotony.

Ep: 3
One of a Kind

If Box Ghost is supposed to be comic relief then the writers need to go back to the drawing board.

Elliot (((Kravitz))), couldn't find who the writers were mentioning but my Holla Forums senses keep tingling. Something tells me they are going to bring in a Jew character that will be shown to be smarter and more competent than the two male leads… I doubt they will be related to Danny since making his family religious seems absurd.

The quip Danny's dad made about the genius magazine for women got a chuckle out of me but my feeling that the show is going to go heavier on the cancer only got worse

Again! How do Ghosts just go through the town or the library and no one finds it odd. I could understand if they looked human but a giant dude made of pure white metal who floats mid air and has flaming green hair is bound to turn heads; I know it's a kids show but even an 8 year old would notice that.

The controls to the gorilla cage easily accessibly by anyone… that's just lazy

I can't tell if same is supposed to be a hippie, punk, proto SJW, or what but goths don't typically act as energetic and involved as she does, surprised there wasn't a PETA reference shoved in somewhere.

Ho is it that a Gorilla thrashed Skulker with ease but Danny got his but handed to him in seconds, I know he is tired but that was just too convenient. I get that Skulker is supposed to be menacing but the setup for that was done all wrong.

Skulkers tech works of magnetic tape, weird but interesting. It would be great to see the origins of Danny's rouges gallery but I get that feeling it's not going to happen.

The idea of the PDA controlling Skulker is pretty good.

How did no scientist notice the gorilla's gender? Cop out, lazy writing.

Danny's teacher is prick

5.5/10
The show doesn't seem to be improving much, just more of the same.

That seems about right, shame though since there is clearly a lot of potential if given the right approach and a decent writer.

In the right hands I could see this series becoming a big name superhero title.

oh boy, GET USED TO THE SHOW TRYING TO MAKE THIS CHARACTER INTO A MEME
They NEVER GIVE UP

They even give him a daughter with the lunch lady ghost in one of the specials, which confused the hell out of me considering they're fucking ghosts and ghosts can't have kids.

It's never clearly started if ghosts are ghosts in the ghost sense or something else called the same

There was a single good joke featuring the box ghost.

BEWARE!

Ep. 4
"Attack of the Killer Garage Sale"

Obligatory popularity isn't worth more than your friends episode… great, like I haven't seen this a thousand times already

Motherboard that Danny sells is universally compatible and is somehow going to make Dash's computer faster, the Holla Forums in me wanted to slap the writers. I could see an operating system improving performance but the idea that Dash could install one on a computer that is likely from the beginning of the 2000's and that the drivers would all work flawlessly is insane especially given that Dash isn't very bright so there is no chance he could have figured it out on his own. The writers are clearly tech illiterate. Also, 20 dollars for a motherboard and operating system is unbelievable cheap, computer part were a lot more expensive back then. There is a lot more that was wrong with that part of the episode but I won't go full retard on it.

Maybe it's just me but I don't remember being that selfish and shallow in high school, it seems like almost every teenager in show is completely self center, egotistical, or an outright douchebag.

Sam is from a rich family and her grandfather was named Izzy and her grandmother is called Bubbe. I'm calling it now, Sam is a Jewess.

The back shaving bit was just gross

Danny rides around on a moped, doesn't a moped require a motorcycle license in the US? He is 14 there is no way that is legal.

You now I never noticed before but Danny's dad is absolutely massive, the palm of his hand is bigger than Danny's torso.

I don't get, whats the joke with the monster/ghost hotdogs? Makes no sense.

Either Danny is an idiot or the writers are so stupid that they couldn't find a way to have the villain figure out what to do on his own and had to have Danny tell him; it couldn't have been for comedic value, it was to too dumb

The puns were worse than usual in this episode

The jokes are also worse than usual, the bit with the remote transforming Danny made me cringe.

3/10
This episode was terrible

I don't think mopeds require a license but I might be mistaken.

I'm bored so I started watching them with you.

Frankfurter/Frankenstien pun

Don't forget the true moral of this episode:
Even if superpowers can't save a situation, money can!

Holy fuck that size difference.

If Danny's dad grabbed his son's head in his hand, I imagine he could easily crush it like one would an egg.

Ep: 5
Splitting Images

Right off the bat, Box Ghost… again. It wasn't funny the first time and it's not funny now. At least I am expanding my vocabulary, corrugated sounds kinda cool.

It might just be me but I am not finding the humor enjoyable in this and I don't see how kids would either. I don't see how the bit with the frogs is supposed to be funny in any way.

How do these ghosts keep getting out? If it was so easy for them to come through before why didn't they do this years ago?

AGAIN! how does no one notice the chaos caused by the ghosts?

How does Danny use his powers in the middle of a well light cafeteria and no one notices the disappearing teenager?

Wait, why did Poindexter only react when Danny got payback on Dash but not when Dash was picking on Danny, more "convenience" from the writers.

"put an egg in your shoe and beat it" that's actually not bad, I like the old 50's slang being used

Danny is called the "half-a" which I am pretty sure is Japanese term for half breed but that might not be it since there is no mention of Asian culture anywhere in the show, which is odd given that anime was booming back in 2004.

Danny is pretty strong willed when he needs to be, the idea that the nerds will was strong enough could take away his body when even much more powerful ghosts can't do that is just cheap.

That nerd really needed a beating, I was disappointed when he had a happy ending. Also, any moral about righousness is viod in this since the coll kids in the past/ghost Zone only start being nicer to Sidney after they think he beat Danny in a fight.

And they end the show with Box ghost. Why do the writers have this weird obsession with him? He's an awful character.

5/10
Average and very forgettable

Its Half-a(Ghost) that is how ghosts call half ghost people.

That's the spirit!

Batman taught me that a long time.

Yeah and it's clearly not just an adult thing since Jack is much bigger than all the other adults in the show as well. Danny is going to be huge when he grows up.

A lot of things don't make sense, like how can someone be half ghost? Traditionally a ghost is the spirit of a dead person without a body, every person already has a spirit being half ghost makes no sense.

I think there was even some extras put out by the creators that had pieces of the back-stories of some of the ghosts and they were all once just normal people who died. For example Ember was a normal girl who died in a fire:

dannyphantom.wikia.com/wiki/Ember_McLain

I think it's just that the writer are making it up as they go along.

that's not a joke

I realize that in the context of the show but I am thinking of where the writers lifted the term from in real life.

I think the worst thing about this episode is the ridiculously confused morals:
after being physically bullied, as in beaten up, every day of the past school year Danny uses his ghost power to prank his bully. He is then body swapped with a fifty's nerd and trapped in a pocket dimension emulating a fifty's high school hell to be bulled possibly forever.
Poindexter steals Danny's body steals pop from a vending machine abuses powers to cheat at a competitive game and is rewarded with the adulation of his peers.

Also it's not just you, I think this episode is the weakest joke wise and that wasn't the highest benchmark to live up to anyway.

They're TV writers, whatcha expect?

She is

Lurking the Danny Phantom fandom was one of my first fandom experiences

Damn it user keep going! I wanna see you get your hopes up and then have them crushed by this show's goddamn awful writing.

There are only two good episodes of Danny Phantom

I will once I get some sleep

I watched Danny Phantom for Maddie.

Go to bed Vlad.

Heads up, OP. Steve Marmel, who is commonly regarded as the best writer for both Danny Phantom and The Fairly OddParents, is an anti-Trump advocate. Don't believe me? See for yourself:
marmel.com/

Fuck off Holla Forumslack. Let us have some fun for once.

Here are MEGA links for all seasons of Danny Phantom. At 480p, they're ripped straight from the DVDs and are the highest quality available.
Season 1: mega.nz/#F!UN8jTTDS!3Its0gCZr5_lfp7qdQS6yg
Season 2: mega.nz/#F!NF1i1SIY!J92kOruTwjCmDX6vW7xZcw
Season 3: mega.nz/#F!ZU9HQTJQ!s3u0sEEKdVeAv7RO9w9J9w

Because Nick doesn't give a shit about Danny Phantom otherwise there would've been higher resolutions available.

so danny phantom is the littlest pet shop of nickelodeon?

Alright, time to keep going

I already have mine but this will make it easier for others to follow along.

Thank you

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that either but there is nothing I can do.

It's not just DP since I don't think there is even a blu-ray version of ATLA and that is their biggest and most popular series; I think the only 720p version of ATLA is an upscaled one.

While I agree with Holla Forums on most things in this case it is irrelevant, this show came out back in 2004 long before Trump or even Obango. I have already mentioned how this show has shitlib or outright Jewish marks all over the writing but that isn't going to stop me from reviewing it.

Also, Holla Forums has been overrun by pro Trump Redditors to the point that oldfags like me are starting to feel like it's time to go. I really have a hard time supporting a man who's children are all married to Jews and who's council has a Jewish majority and a non-white minority, the man has very few actual humans as his right hand people.

You got to admit she has some fuckable hips though.

Kinda does, considering he can assume the properties and abilities.

Honestly at this point I just wanna see OP lose his shit over Teacher Of The Year, which is hands down the worst fucking episode of the entire series.

For fucks sake, no one gives a shit. What is with all these Reddit-tier "LOOK HE DOESN'T LIKE TRUMP DON'T WATCH HIS SHOWS" Trump posts? I am definitely voting for Trump in November but I feel bad for Trump if he has supporters with the same level of intelligence as a Bernie supporter.

Ep: 5
What You Want

A friend episode, I was hoping there would be some character development but in the end nothing changes much.

Lazy writing rears its ugly head again, why did Tucker have to point out the Genie lamp? it was completely unnecessary and gives away the future premise blatantly, that's not how foreshadowing is done; not to mention that scene added nothing to the plot. The show has a very small time frame to tell a story so every second counts, this is just bad time management.

It's still bothering me how all these ghost not from the ghost zone randomly start appearing on only one point on earth right after the phantom zone door the Fentons created activates? No one opened the bottle/lamp before this?

How does no one at a crowded county fair notice the busty flying green woman in Arabic dress?

Danny really made the wrong call on this one, attacking her like that was unnecessary and just bad given that she wasn't being directly hostile to him; total wasted opportunity for both him and the story, I can think of at least several more interesting plots had he tried to talk with her or even made a wish.

Danny uses his new power flawlessly which I wouldn't mind much if it wasn't stated to be an accident. Danny's stance was exact, his hand was open so it wasn't a wind-up for a punch, and he was out of melee distance, this was no accident. If the writers wanted it to look like it was unintentional Danny's beam attack should have come out of his eyes at random or from the tip of his finger when pointing.

Dash is pathetic, no wonder he picks on others otherwise he would have to face the fact that he sucks at the one thing that gives him any social status. Maybe it's just the writers way of coping for being bullied in school?

This whole schtick with how no one notices or questions the obvious supernatural activity is getting old, it would be one thing if the changes were subtle or if it was stated that only Danny (and the audience) could see the green skin and whatnot but Dash turns in to a giant green monster in the middle of a packed stadium and the only acknowledgment is from the announcers who makes a comment about the players high protein diet.

Danny was filling in the mascot position for Tucker… but Tucker was at the game so why wasn't he wearing the suit in the first place?

The level of abuse the football players dish out for no reason other than their own insecurities is too much. Beating a defenseless person with baseball bats is beyond what police or teachers are willing to overlook for high school football; this is federal crime levels of abuse, Tucker needs to film some of this and then send it to a federal court, these fuckers belong in juvie.

So Desiree can create ghost? I thought ghosts were supposed to be spirits, does that mean she can create souls? Seems really op.

How do Danny's parents keep creating incredible precise and effective anti-ghost technology when they have never even studied one?

Danny phases through a trashcan in broad daylight, no one notices… sigh

Okay, Desiree is beyond OP

Tucker has powers for less than an hour and he has already shown he doesn't deserve them

At least we get a bit of back-story for the villain this time around; the back-story has a big flaw though, a sultan wouldn't have just one wife let alone let her banish women he found more attractive than her.

How is it that Desiree has been around for over a millennia granting wishes and no one wished for her? If it was me right after superpowers I would wish to fuck her, given her back story I think that's what she wants too (see pic 4).

At least Danny admits he is stupid. Also, why does Desiree have to grant a wish for anybody, this is never established before the fight.

How does Tucker have such bad grades in Algebra while having good grades in computer class, basic programing involves more than a bit of mathematical work.

A slow-mo shooting scene, really? Well at least they are trying.

How does Danny outpace Tucker when it was clearly stated Tucker was faster than him? Also, since when can Danny teleport (even over short distances)?

5/10
I would have given it a 4 but it's an improvement over the last episode so I raised the score; any constancy that had been in the show before this is quickly slipping away.

It is (FOP is infamous for this)

You have only yourself to blame for your suffering.

How would you know anything about that, you dracula-ass motherfucker?

That was actually one of my favourite episodes as a kid.

What can I say, I liked anything related to video games.

It's been 10 years since I've watched through this series but I'm 75% sure this isn't the last episode we get dedicated to Tuckers jealousy.

It's worth mentioning that Desiree is the first ghost concept I like, capable of anything but someone else has to wish for it.

I watched ahead a couple episodes last night and can say with certainty, that thing where Danny uses his new power flawlessly despite it being an accident, that keeps happening for a while.

i want to dick her so bad

Ep: 7
Bitter Reunions

This one is going to be short since my computer shut down while I was watching and I lost all my writing so I only going to write what I remember

How do the Fentons get away with having a van that is better armed than high tech military vehicles?

I have a feeling Vlad is going to be very disappointing as a character, he has the potential to be that morally grey character who spices up a story but the writers simply aren't smart enough to know how to write a character like that.

At least this explains how the ghosts keep getting out, Vlad has his own portal.

Why do I know that the black ghost containment box used on Danny is never going to come up again after this episode.

Why does Skulker do the bidding of the PDA, especially with stuff having to do with gorillas? He talks about getting upgrades not to mention his entire exoskeleton was destroyed during his last encounter so why is Tuckers PDA still a part of him. Also, the gorilla episode was months ago in the story so there shouldn't be any gorilla related stuff in his itinerary.

What is the dairy king anyway? Swiss, Swedish, Canadian? The "Don't Cha know" bit is a reference to something but I don't remember what.

Vlad is such a waste of potential, they could have played his as a seemingly kind but strict mentor to Danny who seems to take his side but is slowly twisting his views of the world and his father while getting closer to to his mother, instead they made his just another generic "genius" villain who shouts out all his plans before screwing them up.

An entire room full of witness, a reporter who sees everything, a recorder in the reporters hand most of time and still no one believe that something supernatural is going on even after all the crazy shit with Dragons and whatnot running amok in malls… a government agency should have intervened several episodes ago.

6/10
Don't let the higher rating fool you I am very disappointed in this episode especially with how Vlad is being handled… I sure there could have been a better writer available, I have read fanfiction better than this.

It's known as the great lakes accent, and can commonly be heard in Michigan's U.P. Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

This could be nostalgia talking but I think I remember Vlad getting better.

Also this is a spoiler, but, eventually ghosts get so wide spread everyone knows about them.

Like many other shows this one had the potential to be great. But Butch Hartman and hack writers is a lethal combination.

Butch Hartman as creative lead in general is a bad idea

In this case, it's Wisconsin

Danny Phantom gives off the illusion of being a show that's supposed to be taken seriously (only because the MC a teenager) hence why our reviewer often gripes about things not being realistic

It's like half the writers wanted to do a semi-serious superhero show and the other half just wanted to do FOP 2.0.

Him assuming the properties and abilities isn't the part that makes no sense but him being half ghost is the part that makes no sense. A ghost is a spirit with no vessel, your are either a spirit with no vessel or a spirit with a vessel (normal person), you can't be half of one or the other.

I am guessing Fairly Oddparents?

I don't keep up with who makes this stuff but I am guessing he is a basic shitlib talentless hack who got his job through connections and political schmoozing.

Didn't know that, thanks.

I doubtful given what I have seen so far but I will try being cautiously optimistic.

Most of the time it's not even just the realism since I can understand a bit of goofiness but basic cause and effect is often absent; characters just act to push along the story rather than react in a way even a child would and the fact that the "jokes" aren't funny at all it's hard to excuses the silliness and inconsistency.

That's because it literally is redditors, there is a sub on Reddit called /r/the_donald and it has a fairly large user-base (at least 70,000 since I don't know how many people have multiple accounts), they found out about 8/pol/ after some of Holla Forumss propaganda got posted on there and have since then flooded the board. Some of the oldfags have done their best to redpill them with moderate success but at the end of the day they are still redditors and maintain their annoying tendencies plus they really can't think for themselves; Holla Forums was already in bad shape before the election but it's been getting a lot worse lately since most of these faggots don't think much and try to spam away any topic they don't like.

It's also partly to do with Holla Forums, notice how they have been climbing the ranks the last few months? It's because redditors from Sanders Reddit subs have been moving in but unlike Holla Forums which requires people with a brain to be decent Holla Forums has no such requirement so the redditors feel right at home.

every board on this site that has to do with politics has been overwhelmingly cancer since the primaries began, especially /n/.

Yep

Not to mention a tween sitcom

oh, one thing I forgot with this is post is what exactly are the birds? They have typical Jewish accents and are vultures so I thought they were Jews at first but the Fez hats are confusing me.

They're probably inspired by Shriners

Spoiler alert: you'll see more ghostly creatures (though those can't talk)

Originally Danny Phantom's ghosts were well…… ghosts, but then Butch became a Christian and they were retconned into inter-dimensional beings

Oh trust me OP, Vlad's potential as a character gets squandered throughout the entire series.

So you might wanna get used to it.

Ep: 8
Prisoners of Love

This has been bothering me for a while but where do Danny's parents get the money for all this gadgetry? I know they make a lot of it themselves but they must have some sort of side business or patents on normal stuff in order for them to be able to afford any of this.

If Jack hasn't remembered their anniversary for the previous 17 years why would he remember it on the 18th year? You would think by that point a woman would understand the man she married but then again she is a woman so it makes sense in a way.

I actually really like the Warden as a character, has an old west type of charm to him. Also, can all ghosts turn giant like that or was that just a projection?

Man, Jazz is really full of herself… and to think she was one of the decent female characters on the show.

How is it that Danny's energy blast are so precise and don't damage the lab in any way? That whole sequence was too cartoonish for this show; that user who said that the writers can't decide if they want to write a superhero story or FOB with ghost was spot on.

While it is an accurate portal of a lesbian for the most part the idea that this “woman” is completely self sufficient and gets no outside help from men is unlikely… she isn't completely miserable so that throws off the realism a bit too.

Wow, space invaders, now that's old school. When is this show supposed to take place? The early 90's? I don't think they had PDA's like that until at least 2000.

The kid doing a 180 degree head turn while watching tv is reference to some horror movie but I can't seem to remember which one.

Convenient radar is convenient, why would ghost hunters make a radar that tracks real world items in the ghost zone? No cause and effect or build up yet again, shit just happens whenever the plot needs to be moved along.

Danny's reaction to the Box ghost was the same as mine

Why is Skulker suddenly in prison? He was free as a bird in the last episode.

Why is Technus allowed to keep his real world tech suit when all real world items are confiscated? Why is Skulker in his exoskeleton? Why has no one made a wish for Desiree to bust them out? This seems like the writers wanted to rip off a generic prison episode but couldn’t be bothered to adapt it to the shows circumstances.

Why did the princess turn in to a dragon for no reason? Yet again no cause and effect relation whatsoever, shit just happens.

If it was that easy they could have escape without Danny ages ago.

A shame they don't do anything with the warden in terms of story, he could be a really fun character if he actually got some setup and a bit of screen time for his side of the story.

The real world people can phase through ghost zone stuff is total busllshit, if Ghost can touch real world items in the Ghost zone (and they can as evidenced by the present) then they can touch humans too; Ghosts can touch material stuff in the real world as well so why is it suddenly different in the ghost zone? Total cop-out, pathetic.

While I'm at it where was the warden for all the weird shit that was going on prior to this? Was there any prior consensus or character creation before the show went in to production or are they making this shit up every other week? There seems to have been no though put in to story order at all.

Danny is a really good son all things considered.

What was originally in the present box?
couldn't have been the Box Ghost

Rhubarb pie joke was gross and not funny.

4.5/10
Proper cause and effect is no where to be found and the writing is actually getting worse.

The exorcist.

You know, Your mother sucks cocks in hell?

I haven't watched the show since I was around 12, but I seem to remember the show getting better as it goes on. The first couple of episodes were really bad, but they became decent later. I think the Halloween episode with knight pretty alright.

Am I wrong?

And it's only the 8th ep

It also wants to be a somewhat serious tweencom

Most fans believe the reason why Danny Phantom's third season stunk was because Steve Marmel was fired and started working on Yin! Yang! Yo! which had its own problem with obnoxiously hamfisted morals (probably due to a Mouse House mandate)

Ah, thats it. Never actually saw it but I know the scene.

Thanks

I really hope so but for the time being it's actually getting worse.

They're not really tweens, 14 is well within teen territory and I believe the show ends with Danny being 16.

I don't know, from what I can tell this guy is a shitlib so I doubt he could have done anything good with it.

Ep: 9
My Brother's Keeper

After everything I have seen I have say Mr. Lancer is actually a good teacher all things considered, he actually cares about his job, props to you sir.

Around what time did it become acceptable for men to be cheerleaders? can't be before the 90's, society wasn't that pozzed yet.

Why would Danny transform back to his normal state in the middle of the office he just trashed? In every other instance he would leave the area before transforming back, a teenager should be adapt at running away from his mistakes or BSing his way through them. More plot convenience bullshit, especially with Lancer walking by at just the right moment.

The bit with the depressed picture is much better foreshadowing than before (by this shows standards) but still too blatent

Another great villain, watching her crush Paulina's self esteem was very enjoyable… Danny has such a great rouges gallery and the writers don't know what to do with them most of the time.

That… was an oddly accurate portrayal of school guidance councilors, now all she needs is to have a secret disdain for her students and it will be just like real life.

Jazz ca really be bitch sometime, whats great is that it really does come off as unintentional. Jazz mentions the “accident” but we have yet to see Danny's origin story outside thetidbits from the horrible show intro.

Are the writers fucking with audience?! Just running up and anouncing the hornet like that is so heavey handed that this has to be trying for laughs (and failing) or the writers are just having a kek at the shows expense.

Jazz finally notices the obvious, ghosts exist and she has been in the presence of ghost attacks for months.

Big boy? I don't know if it was intentional but that sounded really gay.

Jazz isn't as sweet as she lets on and Danny can really think on his feet when he needs to, Danny redirecting their parents back at Jazz was quick thinking.

Would a ghost even be made up of atoms? Seems to me it be more likely be some complex form of energy being.

Sam is very loyal to Danny, I wonder if it's just because that's the way she is or if it's because she likes him. 20 bucks to sell out you best friend, shame on Tucker especially considering that they have been friends since childhood… then again he is black so backstabbing his white friends is to be expected.

The part with how Lancer turned out was actually alright.

The baby-suit should be filed under cruel and unusual punishment.

Spectra really ages quickly, she went from looking like she is in her 20's in one frame to being 60 in the next.

Sam's ice-cream is square, what is she eating? Frozen tofu? Now that I think about it that's probably appropriate.

Why has no one noticed that the ghost kid looks just like Danny but with different eye and hair color? This isn't even Clark Kent levels of disguise.

Sam mentions ghosts even though Jazz never says anything about them, if things had been better set up that might have been a clever tell for Jazz but that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

I wish they had drawn out the scene where Jazz is checking Danny for ghost traits (poking him), had good potential for comedic effect.

Jazz and Danny's relationship is surprisingly realistic from what I can tell (I am an only child so take that with a grain of salt)

The hand motions and the way Spectra's assistant says “of course” reinforces my suspicion that he is gay.

Lancer is surprisingly flexible for a man with his gut.

Danny does the hero equivalent of the villain spelling out their evil plan giving the villain time to attack him. Why do writers do that, is it just because they suck at writing or they thing the audience can't figure out the bloody obvious.

The saggy triangle boobs are oddly disgusting… why would they sag through a suit like that, unless the suit is really her skin. Shouldn't Spectra's ghost form be under her layers of young human flesh.

You know this whole sequence with Jazz and the Fenton peeler along with Spectra is just stupid.

How stupid does Danny have to be to not realize Jazz knows his secret with the way she is acting.

The conclusion with the students spirits being lifted and no one questioning Jazz's disappearance makes no sense.

5.5/10
It could have been worse

It's a shame such fun villains are in such a mediocre show.

Pretty much this, I always felt this show had some really cool villains but the retards who wrote for the show didn't know how to write any of them for squat.

Vlad had the potential to be one of the best written villains ever and they just squandered their opportunity with him, also the Ghost King looks badass but he does fuck all to back that notion up, nor does he come off as a threat.

This entire thread is reminding me of why this show was such a massive disappointment.

Shitlib or not, many people thought without Marmel around, Butch (on his own) made things worse

Tucker screamed token third wheel put in solely because tokenism

funny how of all the characters there, only box ghost looks genuinely pissed off at danny

the rest range from looks of bemusement to just being annoyed by his presence

The least competent ghost is the most stressed, makes sense.

They should've gotten Kevin Manthei (Xiaolin Showdown, Invader zim) to compose the music for the series.

Guy Moon's light, zippy, Mickey-esque score fit for Fairly oddparents, but doesn't fit in an action show.

The end of season 1 and the first half of 2 is when the show gets better, but the second half of season 2 and all of season 3 is when it turns back to shit.

It started getting hard to legitimately enjoy the show when Danny starting running around in that ghost power armor, and downright impossible when you had the black silver surfer with a crush constantly hunting him.
They started doing too much way too soon.

The score for most of the series is okay but what really gets me is the opening, it's ear gratingly bad and completely out of place; I will do a overall season review after I finish season 1 including stuff like animation and music.

Call me shit taste, but I love the rapping intro theme; it just gets me pumped up for Danny.

For the season review, maybe you could list who were your favorite/least favorite characters, villains, moments and such, and what changes would you make to the show ff you were in the writers' stead?

I am going to do that too, especially the last part… though I don't even know where to start since there is so much that needs to be changed.

Ep: 10
Shades of Gray

At this point Danny is completely justified putting Dash in a wheelchair for the amount of abuse that has been hurled at him unjustly.

579 dollars for a shirt! I would say that is unrealistic but I have seen stupid women with money spend on a typical New York shopping trip.

Kwan is surprisingly chill… and a bitch.

How is the dog like Dash? They are nothing alike.

Once again shit happens for no reason, the dog goes from completely calm to raging mad with out any stimulus whatsoever, while I'm at it why did it come up to Danny in the first place? It's target is clearly in a totally different location.

What exactly is Axion developing/housing that needs that level of security? I feel like this place should be a major plot point but my experience tells me it will have no importance in future story lines. Titanium doors? Titanium may have the best weight to strength ratio of all metals but a good steel door will be both cheaper and sturdier, titanium is only important in very weight critical situations or underwater work.

Why is Valerie with her dad in the “most secure facility in the United States”? Why hasn't she changed her top? Why does she need to buy a new tee? Dry cleaning will be much cheaper.

See how easily the doors got destroyed? That's why you should have gone with steel doors.

“Pasty faced teenager and his dog”, didn't that bald guy just see a giant green dog tear apart metal doors, phase through walls, laser fire, and a net (which glowed green so it made me think it was a ghost net but it's probably just animators reusing parts of old frames to cut corners)? This is clearly not your ordinary Rover.

Tuckers a real sociopath.

Why does the dog appear at Valerie's house? Only reason I can think of is to look for Danny but it has no reason to do that.

Cujo? Well, it is appropriate in a way. How is it that the dog can tunnel out but other ghosts can't?

I never talked much with the “cool” kids back in high-school but if I recall correctly they would at least feign pity for the plight of a former friend, even if it was only for brownie points.

Why does the dog keep going to places that have nothing to do with it? Why does it cause hell for no reason? If it is looking for Danny for some reasons then establish that and give a reason!

Sam's reaction to Danny's joke mirrors my reaction most the “jokes” on this show.

The lunch lady bit is so out place.

Only now does Valerie realize that this is a ghost issue… sigh.

There is no way that giant board and all those missiles fit in that box, even if they were dissasemmbled.

Of for Christs sake just fuck already.

Valerie sure is quick to change her tune when the opportunity presents itself. Why is it that the writers understand how women behave but can't write a believable character 90% of the time.

The audience is the background of the basketball game is some of the lowest quality drawing I havee seen in the show

at 15:05 there is no way those two are basketball players, why couldn’t the animators put in something more appropriate?

Danny pulls Valerie up head then does a flying 180 arch maneuver in the air first but she still lands head up when she should have been upside down

Tucker is blind, this should have been Sam's que to give him a reality check. Al least he isn't race mixing.

It really must be a shitty security system if some teenager with a PDA can take out the security camera's.

Slow-mo dive and shoot, lame.

Conveniently fining the dog toy is convenient.

How can the dog just go back to the Ghost zone like that? Other more powerful ghosts can't even do that.

Tucker disabled the whole security system? Ugh
Also, even if Tucker falls in to the trap someone is still going to ask how a normal teenager blew several large holes in a concrete and steel building.

Bald dudes glasses just come out of his nose, they didn't even bother adding a single black line for the glasses bridge.

I thought Valerie said she only sold her ticket, as in one not three.

So does anything happen with Tucker and Valerie's relationship or what? Something tells me it will be forgotten and never brought up again along with Valerie's interest in Danny's ghost hunting parents.

5/10
At least the show is consistently bad because that is the only kind of consistency it has managed thus far.

Nope (this is the only ep that references it, I think)

That's Danny's department

Ep: 11
Fanning the Flames

Before I start I have to confess that I have been looking forward to this one, Ember is my favorite out of all of Danny's rouges gallery and the one I remembered best since I watched this show over a decade ago.

What exactly does being Klemper's friend entail?

Sam couldn’t be more obvious and Danny couldn’t be more clueless; it's common teenage action hero troupe that has become a staple of the genre so I will let it slide.

Destroying the handle on a refrigerator door doesn’t mean it now can't be opened from inside, a 4 year old knows that.

Why does Danny get cold? He was fine while he was in ghost form and he doesn't change back until he is back in the Specter Speeder. Probably just poor writing combined with a need to play up the attraction between him and Sam.

What are those two old ghosts a reference to? Classical music composers? I don't recognize their appearance, I guess one of them could be Beethoven.

“An expression of my unique individuality” followed by everyone looking the same, it's a cheap shot but it's acceptable given the shows standards.

The fact that Paulina took the time to ask about the earnings just goes to show she is a bit jealous.

I really like the design for Embers outfit, a bit of punk rock mixed with a KISS aesthetic; the skull elevated heels are nice touch too.

For once the appearance of Ghosts out of nowhere and no one batting an eye actually fits in to story in a believable way. Ember's rock-star motif and behaviors are the perfect cover for her being a ghost since everyone thinks it's just part of the show.

“I fill a void in your empty lives”, do the writers have something against popular music?

Oh stuff it Lancer, her outfit is hot.

If Ember is on all these popular music magazines why is she performing in some little town? She would be in San Francisco or something since there would be more people.

I like the way Lancer curses, the intent is clear but it's still PG and it does make me smile; it's pretty clever, I wonder where the writers stole that from? Also, I said it before but Lancer is really devoted to his job.

The Danny and Sam like each other parts are way too hamfisted, something like this should have been set up slowly from the beginning of the series, which is was to an extent but now it's just too forced.

Danny using his powers in the open again… again

Intelligence maybe, but individuality is not something that can be used to describe a goth kid.

I already said the Sam x Danny scenes felt hamfisted but the flying scene was just over the top but it would have bee tolerable if it wasn't immediately ruined by the bit of unfunny slapstick.

As much as a like Ember's theme I would like to hear a bit of variety to the music, at least change the key if you have to play it over and over again. More than one song would have been ideal but I'm guessing this show has a very small budget.

Why would everyone look in the opposite diction for no reason like that? There is no way Sam could have shouted load enough to overpower the should of the concert.

Ember uses some pretty old slang, it's from the 70's I think. I would love to get an episode about her back-story; I found out a bit through the wiki but it's not the same.

Villain blatantly exposes their plan yet again

Why doesn't Sam just move closer to Danny instead of sitting in the same place waiting to fall to her doom?

Lancer sure can get things done, that or the mayor is not a fan of the concert… but wouldn't a city council have to approve it in the first place?

What is that Ember cutout made out of? Rock?

That thing Jack want to put Danny and Jazz in is not a stockade, it's an iron maiden.

Okay, Danny's little shrine to Sam is beyond teenage hormonal love.

The song playing around the world was so horrible classically stereotypical that I actually chuckled.

I know Jazz is brainwashed but she should still remember that Danny is the ghost kid so she should realize something is up with Ember.

The part where Ember begs the crowd to say her name was harder to watch than I expected for a kids show, if this show was more mature I could see a more drawn out scene getting some emotion in to the show.

A single test score couldn't have had such a strong effect on a school of at least several hundred students.

The part with the girls swooning over Tucker was way to FOP for this show.

6.5/10
scored it a bit higher than usual since at least this time ghost stuff happening and no one noticing makes sense… plus I like Ember. A part of me is really hoping more would be done with Ember but I know better by now; still, if the writers weren’t fools I could see a story line where Ember joins the gang, lots of potential for fun stories in the right hands… which will never actualize.

Ep: 12
Teacher of the Year

Doom reference right off the bat, would the kids watching this show know what the original doom was like?

It's so obvious it's Sam, I swear that somewhere in this episode the boys will underestimate Sam and she will end up showing them that she is better at this game than both of them. Jewish and shitlib writers always have to put in an emasculating moment anytime a there is a subject that men are generally good at or proud of.

That throw was too perfect, plot convenience strikes again.

Played video games all night and didn't study for a test, at least we know that the writers really did go to high school (the writing quality doesn't show it though)

Boys acting smug about knowing more about games than Sam, obviously a setup for what I wrote in my second comment

Why did Technus wait all day to get started on building his new body?

Sam has probably had weeks to tell her friends she plays the game and several chances even that night. More anti male bullshit is coming. Also, all these ghost attacks and now Danny starts using game talk to coordinate with his friends?

There is no way a 5 volt battery is enough to power a moped. Also, the moped makes gsoline engine sounds instead of something that has an electric motor.

“Yeaa boooy”… nigger talk

What do you how did you do that? You have been making energy shields since the Vlad introduction episode.

Is this Danny's second day without sleep? When did he sleep the day before?

That was actually a good teacher to student speech by Lancer, sounded real and thought-out

I having a hard time feeling sorry for Danny, I wish I could retake test in college like kids can in High school.

Another girls can't play video games mention just to keep building to the point where she outdoes them both.

They had to put in a “how do you fellow kids moment”. Was any version of that meme around back then?

Lancers car license plate is his name… License plate numbers are normally more than 4 digits but I am guessing this was another cost cutting measure or just general laziness.

Don't you already need access to the “world wide web” to play the game? It's not a prize if you already have it and need it to play the game.

Danny's dad is a beast, strong hands.

And I called it, Sam is Chaos. The writers couldn't be less original if they tried.

Girls rule boys drool, even had to make her better at basketball. I bet all the writers are cucks.

After school is 12:30 for these kids? Where the hell did the writers go to high school?

Lancer in a dress, eww. This guy is in to some sick shit, would probably get some bravery award if this show was made today.

At least Danny is honest, though I doubt people start caring later in life

Either this game is installed on all the school computers of it is somehow completely online which means that Technus could have uploaded himself in the web ages ago and the game is irrelevant.

I though Danny had to retake the test in three days and not one?

Why does Lancer keep a picture of himself in a dress on his desk? Can't be just to tell that story, actually now that I think about it I don't want to know.

Technus's power is to manipulate electronics but Danny has no such power, he should have been able go in to the computer like that.

How would an anti-virus program give Tucker an extra life in the game?

Well, that expains why Lancer was in the internet cafe and the game was on his work computer.

5/10
This show is so mediocre it's somehow worse than if the show was awful.

Eh? Why? What reason could she possibly have?

Ep: 13
Fright Night

“Hall-of-ween”, ughhh. That play on words is so shitty it probably did come from some highschool sign.

I wonder if the “I am a football player” excuse works that well in real life.
Looks like Lancer was just looking for an excuses to put students to work on his haunted house… Lancer carries a clipboard explaining the details of the assignment is believable, his picture stapled to it with an arrow pointing to it saying “my turn” is not.

Dash does seem like a tighty whitey type of guy.

Danny can now posses (overshadow) intimate objects?

If Danny wanted a house of horrors he should have just told his parents all the kids going to to the haunted house are ghosts and let them do the rest.

Riveting with a d? I don't get it.

Yes, piss off an ancient malevolent entity just to win a bet, what could go wrong. He could have just possessed/overshadowed Lancer or Dash and won just as easily but the writers couldn’t think of another reason to involve the Fright Knight.

Why aren't Danny's reflexes and acrobatics that good the rest of the time.

While the humans can phase through stuff in the ghost zone loophole is stupid at least the writers are making it a requiring element instead of just a one time cop-out.

Why would there be skeletons in the ghost zone?

If humans phase through stuff in the ghiost zone then how can Danny lift the ghost sword while inhuman form.

Why does Jack assume the town would know his ghost threat level code system?

There is no way it took Danny less than 20 minutes (length of Dash's presentation) to get the sword and come back

The car and mailbox turned in to similarly shaped monsters but the stop sigh turning in to an octopus woman was out of place.

I agree with Tucker, there was no reason for the knight to fry his candy like that.

Villain announcing his plans again… again… AGAIN

If this guy was so powerful how was he sealed away in the first place? This stuff could be great for a back to the past episode where Danny' sees how the world was before ghosts where sealed, old legends are in fact historical accounts kind of deal.
While the sword catching scene was kinda cool it was already shown the knight is far stronger than Danny so while Danny should be able judo throw the Knight stopping the sword is unlikely

5.5/10
I have given up hope of it getting better

I can think of at least three or four different plots where Ember joins the gang if only for a few episodes.

Based on what I know about her back-story she was an unpopular girl in high school who died in a fire trying to put on a concert so people would notice her after she got stoop up by a boy she liked.

A simple setup would be that Danny tries to figure out what made the ghosts angry spirits so he can exercise them by appeasing their souls the same way he did with Cujo in episode 10.

Since Ember is the most relatable of the ghosts Danny has fought he starts with her and in the process he makes connection or Ember's guitar gets broken or some other plausible reason for her to stay in the real world. While Danny tries to figure out how to calm her soul you could have her interact with Danny and other side characters from the position of a teenage girl; she doesn't have to join the gang permanently but at least a temporary partnership would be a great opportunity to explore her past as well as how and why ghosts are the way they are.

This show has very little world building or character development and Embers character and back-story fits well enough in to Danny's life that she could be integrated in to the daily plot quite easily while creating tension between characters giving a great opportunity for development; Sam especially could benefit from this since it would give her another female character to play off of who knows Danny's secret.

It was just an idea I thought was worth exploring.

Oh man, you're going to hate the series finale. That one pissed me off and I have a high resistance for this shit.

Also straight up, without a doubt the first wish I would of made for Desiree would be to have her forever.

Also, I am posting these just because I like Ember

Seeing that first pic makes me wish for a Batman/Catwoman dynamic of the two.

naughtiness included

At least you've found a new waifu going through all of this.

A man can dream.

That… might work actually

So when is painanon coming back

And now you're making me imagine ghost-to-human catfights.

Why were the title cards for each episode so great?

Yet another missed opportunity we've could've gotten from this show.

Because they took inspiration from classic comic book covers.

If you had the choice of being haunted by any of these three ghostly ladies, which one would it be?

If it ain't green, it ain't for me.

You post Desiree and expect a varying answer?

Needs some warmth about as much as Ember.

I pick Phanty!

Give me an hour or two, it has been hectic week and I am almost done.

I will try to get through at east 3 episodes tonight.

A man of good taste.
Whatever happened to the Ghoul School thread? It kind of just disappeared one day.

It reached bump limit, and Toonspew hasn't come back.

Nice to see someone enjoy Phanty here. DP girls are good too but I like Phanty better.

so, why are one shot obscure unexploited characters from the 80s so popular now?

its a new tumblr thing?

i recal long time ago, during the early exodus, there was a group of people posting lots of Ghoul-School stuff.

Mostly ideas and lewd fics

i am not sure but i think part of em went back to halfchan

Ember.

The same reason any female cartoon character gains popularity.

Porn

Ep: 14

Episode 14 is titled 13, this should have been the previous episode.

The town slogan is “a safe place to live”, really?

Ghost squid only has 4 tentacles, is it really too much to expect the animated to know what a swuid looks like, there must be at least one Asian among them.

The quip about getting the suit cleaned was just as and unnecessary as sticking all those extra posses before using the thermos.

I liked that quip about Sam being inedible because she is a vegetarian… though Sam so pretentious I am surprised she isn’t vegan.

I wonder what the show would be like if Jack wasn't such a total idiot.

Another great villain design, the whole dynamic between Johnny and his shadow should really be explored more.

Ember's hair still hasn't come back yet

We see Johnny and Kitty make it all the way through the metal doors from BOTH sides of the door but Kitty is still hurt somehow despite the door not touching her (since it didn't touch the bike)

Why is there a tunnel between the ghost zone and the real world, we also see the metal doors on the side of the ghost zone end of the tunnel yet when Danny first activated the machine we clearly saw that it doesn’t work that way. Did the ghosts build those doors? Why? This is one of the most improtant and story related objects in the series and the writers/animators couldn’t even nail down how it's constructed and operated.

“I knew it” what do you mean you knew it? There was literally no setup for this turn of events.

Johnny is a total idiot, why pick the one teenage girl in town who is surrounded by Ghost hunters and anti-ghost tech; Pick bimbo at the mall who wants a bad-boy boyfriend to piss off her parents.

Tucker really needs to shut his mouth… whats wrong with liking tech? If it wasn't for guys obsessing over technology civilization wouldn’t exist. Also, this show keeps showing interracial dating as normal, pure degeneracy.

How many ghosts can that thermos fit?

Why does Danny bother taking to Johnny? He had the element of surprise, suck him in to the thermos and be done with it.

Danny allegedly went at least 36 hours with out sleep (24 hours at first then “another night”), no way a teenager can go that long especially one who hasn't had strong physical training.

Jazz is definitely projecting, then again I would be messed up too if I had parents like hers.

“That big fat idiot who fried your body”, no that was Johnny's incompetence.

Dash really needs a beating

The whole bit with the truck and roller coasters was way to convenient, between the one kid Danny couldn't catch falling in the ball bit and roller coaster going right for Jazz I have to call the whole sequence bullshit.

Jazz doesn't seem like the kind of girl who accepts random gifts from strangers. Why does no one question why Johnny is carrying around women's clothing? That sets off alarm bells for me, Jazz may be being influenced by the possessed scarf but she isn't that stupid.

Why does Jazz open the ghost portal without explanation? If she is being influenced by Kitty's stuff than at least make her eyes glow when she does it or something of the sort to show it's not her decision.

Students with “gangsta” accents and outfits… this school is more diverse than some Jewish marketing brochure which is unlikely since once they were enough non humans the white people would leave.

Bees don't attack like that. Why are Sam and Danny not covered in bee stings while Tucker and many other students who were far from the hive are?

Tuckers bee stings heal in less time than it take him to get home from school, bs.

Jazz wasn't wearing Kitty's stuff when Johnny picks her up from school but she has them on in the next scene despite them obviously being left at her house.

That was a good comeback by Tucker

The thing with the popcorn explosion was stupid… and AWESOME, waves of popcorn is not bad luck.

For once Danny's parents act responsible… and then cuck out, does Jazz manage the family finances or something?

Sam is better troll, it's clear she is enjoying this. At least Tucker realizes that he looks like fag now.

“…Yea, CD's” if I didn't know any better the writers were implying he was going to get laid and he knew it.

“what do you say kiddo” I don't recall “kiddo” being a term of endearment of for couple in any era. I can't quite place what era Johnny is supposed to be from and the wiki has nothing on his origen, my current guess is 80's based off his bike and cloths.

The arms of the Jacket phase on to Jazz's arms… well, it's ghost jacket so I guess that's possible.

Why are Kitty and Jazz switching places? I thought Kitty just needed someone to “reform around”

When Kitty is switching places with Jazz her jacket and scarf go with Jazz but for some reason the ring stays.

I was disappointed when I saw Johnny phasing through stuff, would have been better if all his powers were tied to his shadow.

All the Fenton's doors are metal? Jack is a beast though, he should have easily been able to tear the door of it's hinges.

The shadow phasing through stuff destroys whatever it phases through, not really a complaint just something I noticed doesn't happen with other ghosts.

Is Danny the one who closes the portal, why? Tucker already told him it was ready so why did Danny go back to the lab?

I surprised Danny's parents don't monogram their kids foreheads.

It does not take a PDA to turn on stadium lights, there should just be a lever. Why does a PDA have an American style electrical socket built in to it's back? It wouldn’t even fit.

“my shadow, pooower!!!” but I we just saw you using your ghost powers while your shadow was away!

Why is Danny surprised he is like his parents? Where else is he getting his genetic makeup from.

Dash REALLY needs a beating.

5/10
full of missed opportunity and mediocre because of it… again.

that forth pic is pretty good

Ep: 15
Public Enemies

I have said it before but I like the Wardens character, old western style lawman with a bit of a draconian streak.

Warden says he recaptured all the escaped ghosts except Danny but I doubt we will see any of the major villains in cell in future episodes.

If Wolf could tunnel out like that why didn't he do it while he was in his cell?

Shouldn't the warden have a rule about going to real world? I like the idea of the Warden being a bit twisted but he should still be a “by the book” kind of guy, great opportunity for the hero to have to outsmart him rather than fight him.

Legit portrayal of a politician

If this whole indecent is enough to get media attention why isn't there a federal response. US feds love any excuse to put boots on the backs of their own citizens.

“the rest of you I want hidden” THEN WHY THE INVASION! If the warden wanted the element of surprise he shouldn't have made the news. Also, the Warden possess students in the room he knows Danny is in, does he really think that will go unnoticed?… oh who am I kidding, the writers aren't that smart.

This show is trying to be FOP way too hard, to it's own detriment.

Why can Wolf just get through the ghost shield like that? No explanation and it's too convenient.

Are we ever going to get an introduction to who the shark guy is? He seems like the wardens right hand man.

Portable Ghost portal, and it will never be used again or at the very least when it should be.

Despite being in the room when it happened Danny somehow didn't see like 5 get possessed.

It would be interesting to know how Danny stacks up against other ghosts power level wise, he seems pretty strong compared to most of them.

PDA magically turns off ghost technology… sigh

Giant werewolf wears a hoody and speaks a language not used by any country, what exactly is his back-story? Odd choice for fashion.

Why does the warden pick Jack? He even said before that only Maddie would be useful to them.

Casper reference, took them long enough.

Good play by the Warden using the mayor like that
Dash is a dick even to his friends

5/10
Do I even need to add anything at this point

Maybe once you hit the good eps, you'll have something to add.

…PainAnon or anyone else here, are you a writefag by any chance?

Ep: 16
Lucky In Love

Sam just had to be an edgelord

How powerful is that water gun? Danny is at least 60 kg, there is no way he should have been knocked back like that.

Why couldn't Danny go in to the men's rooms? Good burn by Paulina.

Why would a shadow be affected by water, especially in that way?

I really like the cover page for this episode, good spin on classic romance novel cover.

Inviso-bill, that's lame even for this show. Yet again w get no explantion where all this comes from; It would have great to have a J. Jonah Jameson type of publicist or reporter that comes up with weird or outright false stories about Danny… but then it would be ripping off so much from Spiderman that even normies would notice.

I wish they would stop dragging out Sam and Danny's relationship, it's clear they are going to get together.

Water guns full of piss, classy; I am amazed they got that past the censors.

They couldn't have found a more subtle way of announcing it to the school. Eh, it fits Paulina's style I suppose.

Sam is surprisingly strong

Cool kids club? The writers obviously have lingering insecurities about being losers in high school.

Didn't we already have an episode where Danny learns his lesson about ditching his friends to be with the in crowd?

The montage with Kwan was kinda funny, that or I am starting get Stockholm syndrome.

Once again Tucker is a spineless opportunist. For leftist loser the writers sure do have a decent grasp on how women operate, they even paraphrase PUA terminology.

How is the blonde less popular than the brown girl? Maybe it's just the Holla Forums in me talking, fucking race mixing degeneracy all over this show.

Kwan at the Goth poetry night was kinda funny. Also, what else was Sam expecting to happen.

I half expected M. Night Shyamalan to jump out and go “what a twist”… or at least appear as writer in the credits.

How is Kitty stable in the real world now? There was an entire episode devoted to how can't do that. Also, why didn't she trigger Danny's ghost sense? And why did Paulina's eyes change only after the reveal. So much inconstancy.

For a guy who is fighting for the love of his afterlife Johnny sure does give up easily.

When did Johnny steal that gizmo from Jacks lab? According to Kitty it happened during episode 14 but we never see it.

That is the laziest menu background I have ever seen, just strait lines would have been less noticeable but the animators went with something unusual with red for the font so it sticks out like sore thumb.

Interracial dating, the episode; Absolutely heretical.

Kitty is a hypergamous tart, Johnny was just looking, but she went all out and started cheating.

If Paulina was a guy that shrine to Danny would get her beat up. She may be crazy but Danny should at least consider fucking her in ghost form, pump and dump would be so easy for a superhero.

6/10
Either I really am getting Stockholm syndrome or this one was a bit better than usual.

I hope so, getting through the whole series is going to be a nightmare otherwise.

Are you referring to me (I'm the op)?
I have written a few things but the only one I have ever showed anyone was a quick story where after "The Search" Azula tries to use Zuko to get pregnant, I posting on here like a year ago and some people liked it.

Is there something in particular you are after?

Nope, he's referring to an user who used to make scathing reviews of Steven Universe

imgur.com/a/8O3gh

Too bad They hook up in the final ep (meaning you're going to have to suffer through this until the end)

Most cartoonists do (Matt Groening, Rob Renzetti and Craig and Lauren)

It gets worse Danny develops a short term case of Jungle Fever

How can he tell? we don't have ID's on here.

I know about some of the spoilers you put, even if I didn't I would have guessed them based off of what I have seen so far.

We lovingly called him Painanon

Ep: 17
“Maternal Instinct”

I just noticed that the intangibility and invisibility effect is different. One has a blue outline and the other black.

I like that they at least show Danny training, gives an excuse for how he has gotten better so quickly.

The lab is in the basement so when Danny phases tucker through the floor where does he go? The sewer? Also, what happens if Danny or a normal person stops being intangible while they are inside some object?

“Pale as a ghost” couldn't they have at least made the ghost white… and not green

How much of a physical entity is Danny anyway? The ghosts I can understand since they are basically energy beings but how does Danny's physiology work now?

“The Dalv group”, oh come on, I can see it coming a mile away especially with Danny mentioning Vlad at the beginning of the episode. Does Maddie not think to check if any of this is legit? Jazz evn brings it up.

Wait, when did Jack through the house in to a parallel dimension? I feel like that should have been an episode.

I hate how the parachutes are labeled in different locations, the laziness of the animators is astounding.

Maddie is a very optimistic woman.

How does Vlad get ghost to work for him, this bothered me back when he was introduced and Skulker was working for him; it's not like he pays them cash (what would a ghost need with money), what does he offer them?

“Can't fight ghosts with a cellphone”, as opposed to a machete? How would a blade work against an energy being?

For once this is a “convenience” I don't mind since Vlad even acknowledges it right in Danny's face so it's clear it's a setup.

Jack is really narcissistic, he puts his face or name on stuff almost as much as Batman.

I like the hidden (as well as this show can) back and forth between Vlad and Danny.

Vlad needs to work on his game, or better yet find another girl; I can understand why he is so hung up on Maddie since people like him have obsessive personalities but with his money and power he could have a much hotter woman (Desiree for example), if he plays his cards right she could even be more loyal than Maddie is to Jack (or as loyal as a woman is capable of being).

Why isn't Jazz using the Fenton Pealer like before?

I really hate this basic bitch villain Vlad, off all the villains he has the most wasted potential.

There is no way a human can outrun all those 4 legged animals

The Maddie fight sequence was such bs. Her goggles shot laser beams, do the Fentons have government weapons contracts or something?

I like that Danny didn't stand a chance against Vlad without the belt, he shouldn't be able to fight against Vlad even on even terms.

Ugh, Danny shouldn't be able to win against an opponent like Vlad in a strait fight, there has to be more depth to it.

I imagine stealing a helicopter is worth a felony charge but that's the least of this shows problems

2.5/10
Worst episode so far. Vlad is a constant reminder of almost everything wrong with this show, he need to be a mastermind villain or better yet antihero who has become hardened and cold after years battles (lateral and figurative) and isolation, any affection for Maddie should be semi delusional and painful longing for a life he knows he can't have anymore while at the same time he needs to show some understanding for Danny, I could go on but I will just end it with that seeing how Vlads character is handled makes sad.

I get that but how is he being identified as that user? I don't see any indication or hint that he is the person you are referring to.

(checked)
Is that…AN ENEMY STAND?

Something to do with Ember taking up the Catwoman role. Have you had a particular idea for that?

>>>/a/

Hello, autismo.

Back to Holla Forums with ye

As the OP has repeatedly stated, this cartoon is filled to the brim with wasted potential. It's almost depressing seeing all these neat ideas get thrown at the audience with almost no thought put into them beyond "hey this is cool! let's put this in the show!"

It's clear that while the creator of this show wanted to make an action show, he went into it still stuck in the mindset he had during Fairly Odd Parents.

Each episode just… happens. No one learns anything. Villains of varying power levels appear randomly. First meat monster, then dragon, then… bounty hunter? There is no flow, no build up. It doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint.

Similarly, Vlad Plasmius was introduced way too fucking early. No build up to his introduction either. He's not mentioned before his appearance at all and then boom: Here's your arch nemesis, Danny! Go crazy!

The only person that could reasonably be considered the big bad is treated as a damned joke, same as the rest of Danny's Rogue's gallery.

The only villain I remember that was treated with even an ounce of seriousness and weight was Pariah Dark and he only appeared for that one TV movie.

Fuck.

Sorry, can't keep talking about this. It's too draining.

A small correction:

I said that Pariah Dark was the only serious villain, but Dark Danny was also quite grim.

Vlad really is the biggest waste of this entire show, he had a cool desgin, good backstory and Martin Mull giving the best performance of his career but it's all a waste because the writers are brain dead retards who can't write their way out of a goddamn nutsack.

There was so much potential for Vlad to be the next David Xantos but they just dropped the ball hard with him.

Pariah Dark was meant to have some similarity to Darkseid, if I remember right.

Were I from Holla Forums, Captain Paranoia, I'd do far worse things than post Jojo reaction images.

As much as people hate reboots, I wish someone would reboot this series with better writers. Or even just a comic adaptation that acts as its own continuity.

Evil Danny was a shit-scary villain, I thought he was handled pretty well even despite the rest of the show generally being a shitpile. Also illustrated a bit with his origin story that Vlad sees Danny as something of a disciple or student even despite being an archnemesis and constant attempts to cuckold his father, since with the bad-future situation of his parents and sister explained to him he took Danny in pretty quickly.

Man Vlad was such a shit villain. The man couldn't accomplish shit against Danny despite having years of experience and further developed powers on Danny. Seems the best he ever did was a draw where he and Danny agreed no to reveal each others identities. Yet he still tries to act like Danny is no threat to him. Also weirdly obsessed with the Fenton family.

Dude really hates Jack for causing the accident that gave him his powers and made him rich and powerful. He really wants to bone Maddie despite her having zero interest in him. Hell even a hologram he made of her cucked him. Wanted Danny as a surrogate son despite Danny hating his guts.

The man should have just given up while he was behind.

The show should really have been MUCH darker, someone besides Hartman should have handled the writing for sure.

Considering the only 3 good episodes are the darkest ones, it would have done the series good.

Ultimate Phantom when?

Seriously, any writefag want to make a darker, more serious Danny Phantom?

Ep: 18
Life Lessons

Danny is well aware that he is public enemy number one and yet he still flies around in broad daylight to a location that teacher will possible question him about as to how he arrived there… at least make him invisible.

Is his name Skulker or captain obvious

Interracial couples everywhere, even if it's for a school project is still degenerate. I surprised the Jew writers didn't include a gay couple somewhere who are shown to be the best parents.

Valerie has trouble carrying a flour sack, it can't weight more than 10 pounds.

Well, at least this has an accurate representation of how Negresses try to pawn of responsibility of their children on to whites.

“plan on feasting on for dinner”, do ghosts eat? Why?

Skulker is using a Fenton fisher, I wonder if the Fentons tech is popular among ghost zone citizens.

Those are some intricate flour sacks.

They really should have made Tucker look like a Jew instead of a nigger, would have been much more fitting.

Valerie is doing her pullups wrong, the chin has to at least reach the bar

Skulker placed traps exactly where the kids landed, too conveniaent.

Why didn't Danny revert back to human form after passing out? It happened literally every other time he got KO'ed

I thought Skulker wanted a good hunt? Canceling out Danny's ghost powers makes him no different than a human which goes against the very reason Skulker wanted to hunt him, for the rrareity and challenge of bagging a half ghost.

Tucker really should have been Jewish

I am not really buying the idea that Sam would “bond” with the sack so quickly… or at all

boo hoo, woe is me I am a selfish Negress who was a total bitch to Danny Fenton from day one but now I expect him to do my work for me while I continue to be rude to him, FEEL SORRY FOR MEEEEEEEE!
Valerie elicits no sympathy from me and should elicit no sympathy from Danny after how she has treated him as both a kid and a ghost… but then again she is a nigger and woman so the selfishness and lack of empathy is par for the course; I guess it's in character so I will let it slide.

Tucker kissing Sam was unnecessary and disgusting. Even though it's a nigger and a kikess; Danny should whip Tuckers ass later. The whole parent relationship thing was unfunny and unnecessary, as a mater of fact it took away time from what should have been Skulker hunting Danny and Valerie or better yet just one of them; would have been great if Skulker killed Valerie and made her in to a pelt.

Convenient trap placement was more convenient than usual.

Skulkers body is robotic, why is he affected by poison?

Danny shouldn't have done gave Valerie the day off like that, she doesn’t deserve it.

And it it ends with the box ghost

3.5/10
Predictable and mildly unpleasant from start to finish. Valerie really shouldn't be in the series, her presence adds nothing of value and her character is unlikable; better characters should be given her screen time.

I've had some ideas floating around, but nothing all that great, honestly.
There is a fanfic that does it pretty decently, though.
fanfiction.net/s/8556012/1/The-Phantom-Reboot

How do you make it dark without turning into an Evangelion rip-off or overdoing it like DC does?

I just might once finish with these mini reviews/commentary's. I have been making notes of things I like as well as what I would change so once I am done reviewing I will crank out a few chapters and if Holla Forums likes them I will keep going.

I am open to ideas so stuff like what said will considered and likely included.

I will post a basic timeline of the first few chapters I'm planing and hopefully someone here will be willing to provide detailed feedback.

Dropped

Just be serious and methodical about it.
Make characters well developed and their motivations realistic
Actions should have last consequences
get rid of the toon vibe of the series
Don't be afraid of killing off characters or spilling some blood

You don't even have to go out of the way to darken this show, just play it straight and it will be darker by it's very nature, pic related.

For starters, acknowledging that Danny essentially fights dead people.

As well as acknowledging that Danny himself is technically half-dead.

Put Batman TAS's staff behind it

Or Gargoyles. The first two seasons ones that is.

Or hire Aaron Ehasz as the head honcho. Make sure the Viacom/Nick executives don't try to butt in.

Well, if you're taking suggestions…

I would list off all the villains in the series and basically restructure their order of appearances.

Skulker, Fright Knight, Walker, Vlad: these guys are not season 1 villains. In fact, I believe that Skulker should have kicked off season 2, not shoved in fucking episode 3!! You have an entire season of ghosts being shoved back into the ghost zone by this half-ghost, half-human superhero, eventually word gets around and someone hires Skulker to remove Danny from the equation so ghosts can roam free as they please.

Also, Pariah Dark should have been the big bad, not Vlad. King of the ghost zone who wants to extend his domain to the land of the living? And they go nowhere with that? What a waste.

I agree with everything except
I don't think he should really go to the ghost zone more than once, it should be a scary as fuck concept that should be kept alien and unknown. You should also ride the line between his parents being geniuses and not knowing what the fuck they're doing.

Vlad is much better as a nemesis than Dark because of what happened with Danny's parents. Although to fix him, he needs to be significantly powered-up to the point that Danny can barely even touch him.

Vlad should have total mastery of his ghost powers, since he's also a genius we could have him enhancing his own abilities as well. He works as a string-pulling villain too, so you can expand on that angle.

All of that is a given when I start writing, I plan of having the ghost attacks and villains build up over time with one exception just to have a story where Danny realizes just how deep he is in.

Too stereotypical, I plan to have something with a ghostly order in the real world who has been manipulating event for centuries; I want it to be a bit morally grey where it's not completely clear if Danny is doing the right or who the bad guys are.

Vlad is going to be more a anti-hero than a villain; think Severus Snape and TT Slade mixed together but a bit more good hearted.

From what I have seen Vlad will make a much better dark mentor to Danny than a straight up big bad. I am still doing the reviews and compiling notes but from what I have right now it would just seem like a waste to make him a villain.

Does anyone know how far we are from the bumb limit? I doubt I will finish the reviews before we hit it so if someone could tell me when we get that far I will archive this thread and start a new on to keep going.

bump limit is 300

Bump limit is 300; you've got a long way to go.

Bout halfway there, bump limit is 300

Is there another story with the concept? Cause I like the Ghost Powers.

Oh well, I suppose we can Make Vlad into the Ezekial of Danny Phantom.

except, you know, an asshole.

Uses his powers for money and fame however have Vlad and Danny meet as Ghosts first. Probably has Danny facing a threat in the Ghost Zone and Vlad is there for his own reasons. Use this as a Seed for future plot events

Have Vlad demonstrates powers beyond what Danny is capable at the moment and let him be a dark mentor. Then have them meet in person like four chapters later. They figure it out, and Vlad tries to turn Danny against his father and grooming him.

Vlad should be manipulative, and confident; He should never loose his cool because come on:

Something like that but I want Vlad to not be so evil especaailly as the series get on and Danny realizes he not only has to pick his battles but that sometimes he has to be vicious if he want to survive let alone make a difference; Vlad should be like what Danny would be if he had no friend, help, or protection from the harsh reality of dealing with the threats he will be facing given a 20 year period.

There are enough bad guys in the series, Vlad would be better utilized being morally grey and vicious while still having humanizing elements about him.

Is there a quick way to tell how many posts this thread has?

It's funny, I have been on Holla Forums since the Holla Forums exodus back in 2014 and I still don't know all the features on this site.

Bottom-right of the page on every thread, should be 150 replies | 55 image | Page 1.

This was made in the ancient bigoted year of 2005 and Butch is a conservative who criticized rule 34 artists who made porn of non canon couples

But all teen shows need a token minority best friend who is the same gender as the MC

Danny forms a short lived relationship with Valerie

I would make Frostbite and the Far Frozen the sapient ghosts of Ice Age Megabeasts

Wow, I had that same exact thought a few years ago. Basically I'd make them sapient creatures who competed with ancient humans but died out after the Ice Age, whose souls then made the Ghost Zone their new home.

thanks

A cuckservative maybe but there is no way someone truly right wing would put have that much race mixing going on.

I know you are half joking but why? Also, Jews aren't white and they do make up a small portion of the population so they count as a minority.

I remember some of what happens with Valerie and when I start doing my time line you can rest assured there will be no bestiality.

Neanderthals or the missing link would probably be a better fit since I don't know of any ice age creatures which had humanoid shapes to them.

Because Minority children needed characters they can relate to (And Jews are far too white)

Great idea, but I'd prefer anthropomorphic hybrids of Ice Age Megabeasts

Funny story, I can't relate to Tucker. Tucker was the kid I would beat the SHIT out of when I was a child. He was an asshole.

Sokka was more relate-able than he was.

Hell, couldn't relate to Valerie either; reminded me of that Chick from "As told by Ginger."

Ep: 19
The Million Dollar Ghost

Convenient exposition instead of plot development… Yay…

Vlad is shown to be powerful for a change, good.

Spoke too soon, writers went full retard again

Vlad clearly built the portal in his house and likely participated in the creation the original given his back-story with Jack and Maddie, why does he need to steal one when he can just build it himself much faster?

How has Danny not figured out that Jazz knows his secret?

The Fenton Pealer destroys cotton cloths but it doesn't harm the body hair or skin?

It must really suck to be Jack and Maddies kids, it was very accurate to make Jazz the adult of the family.

What a ripoff of the Scooby gang, I don't know who those “extreme” people are suppose to be a ripoff of.

GUYS IN WHITE!? Putting aside the obvious ripoff and the fact that MIB was a non government agency I have to asks, WHY HAVE THESE FUCKERS ONLY SHOWN UP NOW?! After all the weird shit that has gone done, including a small ghost invasion, only now does a government agency see fit to intervene… ugh.

I did like the overreaction and paper work bit with the two agents, made me chuckle.

Once again Tucker has a money making scheme, he really does act like a Jew.

Why does Vlad fight Danny? There is literally no reason for him to do that plus he completely revealed his hand for no reason and to his own detriment.

If the food at Nasty Burger is so bad then why do they keep eating there? I am sure Sam knows so off the road cafe that she would want the guys to see.

Perfect time to change the ecto-filter and Danny is even examining it but does nothing for some reason.

Danny is a better son than his parents deserve

The kids have mopeds, why are they biking the idiot ghost hunters around

The villain announcing his plans yet again… ughhh

Vlad could have killed them both while they were in the energy cage and instead he just shows up, tells them his plan, and then leaves them unharmed… the writers need to shot for this, even classic Bond villains weren’t this bad.
Ecto Americans? Insensitive? Are the kikes trying for self depreciating humor? Because it's not working.

What do you mean the door has no handle? there is a lock wheel clearly visible.

Danny mentions that he is Jacks son right in front of him for second time in this episode… how can the writers be this stupid.

How did Danny go through the energy cage like that, it has been shown that intangibility doesn’t work on energy fields like that.

The “extreme” couple doing those poses made me audible grunt.

Maybe I have been blocking it out but is this show using a lot of the same musical effects as FOP? The little jingles during “funny” moments are oddly familiar.

Jack beats Vlad in a fight… this episode is total shit, I literally can't even right now.

Key shows up conveniently… you know what? I don't even care, just let this garbage end already.

1.5/10
This was worse than the “Maternal Instinct” episode. Absolutely awful, worse still it started out alright with me thinking we were going to get a Vlad episode with him being a powerful genius but no, it was just total shit.

I haven't seen a lot of data but from what I know besides Asians non whites generally don't buy their spawn merchandise from shows like this so there is no point in pulling down the characters like that.

I will add it to the list but do you have any suggestions as to what creature I should base it off of? I can't think of anything other than a Yeti that has that general shape; some kind ob bear might work but I don't know of any particular species that were intelligent and had something close to fingers not to mention that size.

forgot to add this pic

An anthropomorphic Saber Toothed Cat duh (with other far frozen beings Mammoths, Woolly Rhinos, Giant Ground Sloths, Gyptodons and Short Face Bears)

It's mainly about keeping minority group who nag about representation of their backs

Not a DP one, unless you want to read stupid stories shipping Danny and Vlad.

Aw.

It's been a thing since the 1950's.

male cheerleaders have always bee a thing, someone needs muscles to throw the girls into the air and me strong enough to catch them when gravity works its magic

I know, man. If I could write, I'd have tried my hand at doing something like that ages ago.

There seem to be quite a few where Maddie experiments on and it studies him and eventually finds out. And one where Pariah Dark makes Danny his Bride. Of course, I'm still on the first page. There's 256 complete DannyxRmber fanfic, but I'm not touching Ship trash yet, but I noticed the interest.

That better be a product of fangirl yaoi fetishism and not socjus appropriation.

There's a thread at halfchan discussing about who should be the showrunner(s) if Danny Phantom were to get a revival/reboot. Here are their choices:

I'd go with either Greg or the SDMI team; I don't know much about McHale and the rest can fuck off. This is not taking executive meddling into account, however.

If Bryke took hold of DP, it will be stuck with even worse shipping cancer.

Taking into account Butch Hartman's typical cartoon schlock, I find it hard to believe he's the one who came up with this show and all the work put into the ideas and universe. Danny Phantom is about a young kid who gets caught in a trans-dimensional portal to the ghost realm aka the land of the dead and ends up with powers. The origin alone makes me think of a comic book character getting their powers like the spider bite or getting tossed in nuclear waste. Besides that, there's also plenty of great ideas for villains such as Ember, The Warden, that hunter guy, and they even have Vlad.

These are all interesting ideas when taken as purely concepts. However, the execution completely transforms the tone of the show. This is where it makes me think Danny Phantom was stolen or taken from somebody else and Nickelodeon ran with it. Fairly Odd Parents was probably popular at the time, so one of the higher ups thought it'd be a good idea to stick him with the project. From there, we end up with a show full of Hartman's usual sound effects, sense of humor, and style of writing. While this works well enough when it's his own shows, it does not mesh at all with Danny Phantom and it shows.

Putting Danny in high school and giving him a designated black friend screams to me that it was a decision by a higher up to make the show more accessible to kids. Hell, I'm sure the Ghost Zone was originally intended to be a portal to the underworld but was changed to make it more kid friendly.

One of the worst parts is what happened to Vlad. He was clearly supposed be the superior phantom to Danny. He has experience, wealth, and power. He would tower over Danny every time. I think the movie has tidbits for what the actual story line was originally going to be. It had Vlad mentoring and teaching Danny how to use his powers. I could easily envision an arc where Vlad is introduced as Danny's nemesis and then grows to become his mentor.

tl;dr I think Danny Phantom was stolen from someone else. A reboot could something with all the same ideas and characters and become something totally different.

Pretty sure it's the former, even though the fic is just from 2011. That shit is84k words and rated M, though, so I ain't confirming that without getting paid a good deal.

See something off there?

Weisman is the only one that should be the best on that list, considering it should be an action cartoon. The only "big name" showrunners I think would be qualified for that category are Bruce Timm and Genndy Tartakovsky, but lately I'd say it's up in the air if they'd still be able to do a quality revival of someone else's IP.

If it were up to me, I'd pick the guys who directed the Poet Anderson short film, as well as the promos for the novel. They nailed the dark, paranormal aesthetic and they can direct some solid action scenes.

Maybe flesh out some of the ghosts, particularly their lives before they died, and how their actions, and the actions of others affected them once they died and became ghosts.

If you find any good shit, let us know.

I wouldn't think it'd get much executive meddling, although if Weisman was on board, it'd probably get cancelled.

what is it with that man and good shows he is involved with getting put down? I am still a bit miffed about YJ not to mention Gargoyles.

Beats me.
YJ getting cancelled was bullshit, but so was all the other DC Nation shows getting cancelled, too.

You know, you could make him both.

The problem with Vlad being a straight up villain is that it limits the range of interaction he can have with Danny, I said it before in the post you are replying to but Vlad makes a much a much better morally grey character or anti-hero, there is just so much more that can be done with him that way.

I also want to write a redemption story for Vlad and I am contemplating writing a part where after Vlad accepts that he can't have what Jack has only for Jazz develop feelings for him; I want ti to be a bit fucked up as well as a way for Vlad to get his revenge in a way he never expected.

Anyway, it's time for me to finish the last episode for the season 1 and start writing my sum season comments.

Ep: 20
Control Freaks

Okay, that merchandise pun wasn't half bad

Freak-show tattoo lady is kinda cool, I hope she gets a proper introduction and dialog.

The Hispanic cop tries to steal the Jewelery, appropriate

Sam's parents in no way resemble Jews, they're a lot closer to stereotypical white bread Christians.

Convenient commercial is convenient.

Tucker is fucking degenerate… how much is Sam paying to dress up like that and who would be stupid enough to fall nigger in drag passing for a young Jewish girl.

How does a poster of the scepter affect Danny? The tv commercial I can somewhat get on board with but just a picture is over the top.

How many Goths does this town have?

Sam's parents don't have regular day-jobs? What do they do, just manage their fortune?… That is kinda Jewy.

Danny's parents care more about their jumpsuits than they do about their son, appropriate… given established circumstances.

At least Tucker got busted

Convenient exposition of the villains evil plan is convenient.

So instead of killing Sam quietly backstage Freakshow puts her on display in front of likely over a hundred witnesses before attempting to kill her in an ostentatious fashion… seems legit.

So now Sam knows Freakshows secret and he just lets her go after failing to kill her… seems even more legit.

A missing persons report on Lancer after one day?

Bubala… ugh

Whats with granny dressing like Sam? I don't get the joke.

Okay, Sams parents are nothing like Jews other than the constant overreactions.

Why was Freakshow waiting and had a trap prepared in the exact car Sam and Tucker first check? Too convenient.

So Freakshow leaves all his circus gear and performers behind? Also, what reason does he have to attack the audience like that? Sam is just one troubled teen so no one would believe her story about the ghosts being controlled by Freakshow, especially if the parents watch the show and see nothing more than a really depressing circus.

So what if there is a wall at the tent exit, it's not like the whole tent is walled off so you can just leave from any other point, it's a tent not a stone building.

The part with Danny's parents fighting the ghosts was so stupid.

“whip an angry mob of parents in to a frenzy”, kinda strataling line between orthodox christian and typical Jew.

Freakshow listens to Tuckers commands… for no reason.

“Dramatic” slow-mo, unnecessary.

The ghosts don't do anything to Freakshow after he treated them as slaves for so long? Cop out.

How is it that a grown man can't break down a wooden door in a maintenance closet that must at least have so tools.

4/10
I have a lot more problems with this episode but I just want this to be over so I can start my season review.

I'm well aware of (((shape shifters))) tendencies but I was just writing down my thoughts as they came to me.

Extremely glad this thread exists OP
I'm able to experience extreme nostalgia over a show I loved without having to download it, watch it and be dissapointed by it not living up to my nostalgia-tinted memory of the show.

I'm surprised the show has so few episodes, the characters and continuity seemed to appear deeper than the other shows airing at the time, at least when I was watching it when I was 10.

webm unrelated but it's the only Holla Forums-related one I had

Season review
I am going to break this down in to Concepts, Story, Presentation, and What I Would Change

Concepts

There is so much gold to be found here, almost every villain has fantastic potential and the overall rouges gallery is very well rounded. Each villain wears both their charm and a lot of their backstory of their sleeve, a lot of times you don't even need to have their backstory told to pull out hints from their appearance and demeanor, the designs are expressive and the little mannerisms or accents color their personalities very well.

I am especially fond of Ember, Warden, and Vlad, each of them has their own unique flair and so much room for either character development or just straight up fun stories.

I have some gripes with Danny's friends though.
Sam being Jewish does not fit at all with her personality and her family but for the most part her character is acceptable and has a lot of room for development as she grows within the series, the goth thing could just be a phase.
Tucker on the other hand is much more out of place, him being black made no sense and his behavior was far too Jewish for his race. On top of that I don't really see where you could take a character like him, only option I see right now is to make him turn evil out of jealousy but that is too cliché; he has very little potential for growth and should either be changed or removed outright, other than betrayal is to have him slowly drift away from Danny but that would mean it would just be Sam and Danny and there really needs to be another male friend character for Danny to play off of.

Danny himself is fairly ordinary as far as superhero's go, there is nothing particularly special about him but at the same time there doesn't need to be, he is exactly the character that fills his role; average meek teen who has the potential for greatness and is granted powers in a freak accident.

Danny's parents being obsessed with ghost will be useful for having them away often enough and Jazz is exactly the type of family support character that can both mesh well with Danny and his friend but also provide so tension and realism to Danny's situation.

Most of the concepts are good for a reason, they are lifted directly from already popular characters, mostly Spiderman but there are others:

- Dash is a clear ripoff of Flash Thompson (Spiderman)
- Vlad has strong elements from the Green Goblin, David Xanatos, Red Skull, and Ezekial
- Danny gets his powers as result of an accident having to due with his parents research (Peter Parker)
- Tucker Foley is clearly a mix of Richie Foley and Virgil Hawkins (Static shock)
- Danny is a Dark Haired blue eyed wimp who's demeanor change greatly along with some minor physical features when he becomes a superhero and this is enough for people not to suspect his secret identity, very clear pull from Clark Kent (Superman)

There are many others but I won't list them all, the point is that a lot is lifted from already successful formulas and that's not a bad thing since it brings enough of it's own charm to the table.

The series follows that old wedding saying: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue (not sure what the “blue” is though).

Story

This is where the problems start, this show has no character development to speak off, time progression is very poor, there are strong pacing issues, there is very little (if any) build up to major events, moments in the story that should be climactic aren't, very important details are often overlooked or outright ignored, and so on.

Throughout the season none of the character grow or change, a good example of this is in “Attack of the Killer Garage Sale” Danny supposedly learned to not prioritize popularity over his real frienda and several episode later in “Lucky in Love” he dumps his friends for a popular girl who treated him like dirt. There is no development, Danny gets a little bit stronger physically but for the most part the actually character does not change, the same is true for every other character in the show.

Time progression is also screwed because even though there are mention of time pacing we never see the consequences of that, no one grows taller, season don't change, etc.

Events just happen and there is no build up and often no consequences after the fact; it feel like a play written by a 4 year old, random nonsense everywhere and the characters in wacky situations trying to deal with the mess. This show would have strongly benefited from a pre-production time-line of events.

Very important things are overlooked; none of the villains get a proper introduction or back-story, key events have no build up or implicit explanation, the view is expected fill holes in the plot themselves or ignore them outright.

The show also makes a cardinal sin of writing, it gives more time to the origin of a problem than it's solution; a situation where a problem just appears and the hero's spend the whole time soling it is acceptable but when the hero's just solve the problem in the last 2 minutes of the show with no explanation or due to some random convenience then it is unacceptable.

Villains are regularly misused and openly state their plans for the hero and audience.

Consequences only selectively carry over form episode to episode.

Danny doesn't even get an origin story episode, we just get a quick overview in the opening theme.

The whole story is just a mess and it feels like it was written as animation production was already going.

Presentation

This show is trying to be both Fairly Odd Parents and a superhero show and it fails both.

FOP's goofy style works because it revolves around a small child and near infinte magical power, right off the bat we expect thing to be silly and comical. Danny's is a teenager and his story has physical limits and is tied to the occult, the villains have tragic backstory's and Danny is meant to fail and suffer in order for him to become a true hero, the tone has to be serious or the premise does not work.

You can have comedy in a superhero show but it has to be realistic or at the very least isolated from the action, it can't be half action thriller and half slapstick while doing justice to both elements.

The little sound effects after every bad joke, the slapstick, the nonsensical events played for cheap laughs all go against what this show should be.

The soundtrack needs to be completely redone and the characters voices lowered a bit (see ). Add some Theremin music in for the sci-fi moments, use more Bass in the riffs, make use of silence in spooky situations, howls and screams would be appropriate in the ghost zone, and so on. Get rid off all the little jingles that play when the audience is supposed to laugh.

KILL THE FUCKING OPENING THEME!!!!! Rap is not suitable to an occult vibe… or most anything in general outside “gangsta” story elements. Use electric piano, Theremin, or deep Jazz instruments for Danny's theme; it should sound otherworldly, words aren't necessary for that.

This shows main problem is that it's try to be funny and it's just not. Make the animation have a greater contrast of light and dark, give bodies more shape, faces should have more detail and definition, no more rubbery movement, if you can't show blood them at least show bruises; this show needs a more realistic appearance to the backgrounds and characters, something along the line of Young Justice or Gargoyles would work well.

What I Would Change

This could take days so I will make quick points out of it

- Danny needs an origin story in the beginning
- Sam's parents should be overbearing evangelicals
- Tucker should be Jewish or at least a mulatto with Jew mother.
- Major villains should be held back until later, there has to be build up for themselves
- Danny should eventually try to deal with the ghost by more than just fighting them, try to calm the spirits (like with Cujo)
- Ember should at least join the gang temporarily after Danny tries to help her, make her part of the gang eventually either permanently or on and off
- Comedy is fine but never mix it with action and stay away from slapstick and toon style gags.
- All major villains need to have a back-story episode, we should see the human elements in them when Danny has to fight them.
- Vlad needs to be a morally gray character who serves as a mentor to Danny rather than a strait up villain
- Vlad needs to be experienced, effective, ruthless, and often cold and calculating; him and Danny should argue over methodology regularly and exchange a bit of demeanor and methods in the end; Danny gets darker Vlad gets lighter.
- Vlad should develop parental attachments to Danny in his own twisted way.
- Valerie should not be a villain or a major action character, she can take an interest in ghosts and hate Danny Phantom but no “action girl”
- no more goofiness, play it straight
- have blood consequences sometimes, Danny and co. shouldn't always come out unscathed
- Introduce the “Guys in White” early on and make them a credible threat… consider changing the name
- Tease the idea that there is more than meets the eye with ghosts acting in the real world
- Use two part episode if the story needs more development
- Villains should mostly be much more powerful than Danny especially during the first encounter, Danny shouldn't be able to brute force his way out of things 90% of the time.
- character develop and age, Danny should get taller and more mature as the series gets on
- have a sex scenes with Ember and/or Desiree, just because

I got more but those are a good start for now.

here's another example of how the Theremin could have been used in this series.

Skip to 1:30 and imagine a somber old west song being played when the Warden is slowly dieing after being shot during his back-story.

Fuck
I need some sleep, my grammar and spelling are slipping.

Eh, the intro serves fine.

I suppose that would work with the goth teenage rebellion thing she's got going, but religion, especially in kid's shows, has always been dicey, not just because of material, but the freakish overreaction.

No need for that.

- Major villains should be held back until later, there has to be build up for themselves

Define major. Like Freakshow, Fright Knight, and PD, or do you mean power level based stuff like Skulker and the Dragon?

- Danny should eventually try to deal with the ghost by more than just fighting them, try to calm the spirits (like with Cujo)

Agreed. That could be pretty interesting.

- Ember should at least join the gang temporarily after Danny tries to help her, make her part of the gang eventually either permanently or on and off

Why?

- Comedy is fine but never mix it with action and stay away from slapstick and toon style gags.

Disagree.

- All major villains need to have a back-story episode, we should see the human elements in them when Danny has to fight them.

You mean that they should have more backstory in their introduction? Sure, I suppose. The only backstory I can remember off the top of my head is Desiree's.

- Vlad needs to be a morally gray character who serves as a mentor to Danny rather than a strait up villain

Ehh… He could be less cartoonishly evil.

- Vlad needs to be experienced, effective, ruthless, and often cold and calculating; him and Danny should argue over methodology regularly and exchange a bit of demeanor and methods in the end; Danny gets darker Vlad gets lighter.

Methodology in what, how they use their ghost powers (self-interest v. Altruism)?

- Vlad should develop parental attachments to Danny in his own twisted way.

He already tries, but mostly to eliminate Jack and bang Maddy.

- Valerie should not be a villain or a major action character, she can take an interest in ghosts and hate Danny Phantom but no “action girl”

Why not? I like another person rising up to deal with the ghost issue, and Valerie was a fine rival ghost hunter.

- no more goofiness, play it straight

Disagree. There can be a fine balance.

- have blood consequences sometimes, Danny and co. shouldn't always come out unscathed

What like scars? And are you keeping this within the realm of kid's show, or do you just want a dark and gritty reboot?

- Introduce the “Guys in White” early on and make them a credible threat… consider changing the name

That would make the series a lot more difficult. Keeping his secret would be damn near impossible with a competent gov't taking interest early on.

- Tease the idea that there is more than meets the eye with ghosts acting in the real world

I don't know where you'd go with this, so I can't agree or disagree.

- Use two part episode if the story needs more development

Sure.

- Villains should mostly be much more powerful than Danny especially during the first encounter, Danny shouldn't be able to brute force his way out of things 90% of the time.

Sure, it would make fights more memorable and have them rely more on wits and tech as Danny grows stronger.

- character develop and age, Danny should get taller and more mature as the series gets on

Ok.

- have a sex scenes with Ember and/or Desiree, just because

Nah.

Vlad, what did you do to my costume? I gave you that costume off my own body when I found you shivering and cold in the snows of Wisconsin.

Is this how you repay my kindness? By bastardizing my cherished uniform?

I could never stand this shit. The worst one was the Greek Mythology/History episode where they got all the legends wrong and Box Ghost was now a force to be reckoned with despite still talking like an idiot and the only difference being was that he was now red. Nothing triggers my severe autism more than this blue shit.

In the early episodes it was clearly hinted that ghosts were indeed dead people with the dog ghost finally resting in peace at the end once he got his chew toy, but then they just retconned that shit and made them inter-dimensional aliens and introduced those dumb as fuck ice wookiees called "The Far Frozen" who happen to know everything because of plot. It was such a simple and enjoyable premise and even the 80s ghostbusters cartoon was consistent about it until the shitty final season after the damn second movie and the show was renamed "Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters". What a terrible fucking final season that was. Just like Danny's final season.

Define good shit. It seems the most popular fics involve Maddie meeting him and then debating about them(Jack and Maddie) being prejudiced against and unwilling to talk to ghosts.

These are standard in terms of writing, cookie cutter. Except for one that tried to use the Civil War to… Honestly, I'm not even sure I can call that an argument.

That was me. Thanks for reading.

Got an archive?

No, but i kept the doc of my review

Good shit as in, any fics that have good writing and an interesting plot.

Ok. I didn't know if you meant good as in legitimately good or so bad it's good. I did get into one Maddie experiments on Danny fic because of the way they wrote Maddie's perspective as a scientist. I'll link it later, other than that, this fandom has quite a bit of bad fics and bad taste, kind of like the Ben 10 section. It'll be hard finding the 10% not crap, but I'll look, because I'm bored as fuck.

I'll take so bad it's good, too, but I'd prefer something legit good. Hope you don't lose your mind going through all those bad fics.

Desiree only.

The Extreme Ghostbusters! (possibly)

Thanks again for that user, it was good stuff.

m.fanfiction.net/s/7476808/1/Phantom-of-Truth

Here's the one I mentioned before. It starts out meh but I got more into it as I progressed. You may get super frustrated with Danny's choice to reveal himself as things progress, but if you can accept near suicidal yet somewhat understandable decision making, you might like it. Again, Maddie's perspective makes it.

fanfiction.net/s/7476808/1/Phantom-of-Truth

Whoops, thanks for fixing that. Forgot about the url difference.

Aww, but I already started writing notes for a bit where Ember posses Sam during her first time with Danny.

Alright, time for season 2

Keep doing it, faget.

Ep: 21
Memory Blank

Sam's plan is nice and all but I get the feeling anyone who would drop money on that hummer ripoff would be undeterred by a single haunted lot.

It's season 2 and we are just now getting the origin story?

I don't get the thing with the car, I mean I have seen guys obsessed over cars before but it's usually their cars and not one on a lot.

Does Desiree just hang out in sewers all day? A strip club would be more fitting for a former harem girl… but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Gender bent Alien, terminator, and Freddy… ugh

Well, Tucker is right about it being a chic flic.

Danny keeps using his powers in broad daylight! Also, Danny's intangibility power is supposed to have a blue outline but this time it's a black outline which is supposed to be for invisibility.
Quinceañera, so I think it's safe to rule out that Paulina isn't Spanish but more likely South American or Mexican. She doesn’t look like Mexican (not nearly ugly enough) so for now I will continue to refer to her as mystery meat.

They're really hamming in the fact that Paulina is shallow. I wonder which one of the writers got spurned by the popular girls the most.

Desiree is cheating her own rules, tut tut.

All the students really have a one track mind, why is no one in a room full of teenagers thinking about getting laid

“but that technically doesn't count as a wish” the writers just couldn’t resist could they.

Lancer has more balls than I thought.

The specter deflector protects against Ghost attacks not physical impacts, Sam should not have been fine after that crash. Also, Danny transforms back in to human form only a few steps away from Paulina and she doesn't notice?

The first two of Danny's examples are valid but the garage sale one is totally on Danny.

Agh fuck, will the villains ever stop explaining their evil plans to the hero?

It was typical but I still enjoyed watching Dash stuffed in to a locker.

Aaaand not one questions the nerd turning in to a giant lizard monster. Aslo, weren't Desiree's wishes normally supposed to have hidden and tragic consequences?

Why would Sam's picture be unaffected by the spell if the same picture in Danny's possession was.

Sam looks awful in that pink getup, Paulina and Star's reaction did make me chuckle.

Sam not being affect by the spell due to the Specter Deflector is plausible but that still leaves the issue of the photo… well, unless Sam caries her diary with her everywhere.

Turning Tuckers hat in to a mask makes no sense since Sam is still wearing that very distinctive outfit.

How does Sam use the Fenton thermos? I though a person needed ghost energy to make it work (as seen in the first episode). Also, her beating the Female Freddy ghost so easily is BS.

I don't mind that Sam designed it but Danny only getting his superhero logo in season 2 is a sighn of poor planning.

If the portal could give Danny ghost power why don't Sam and Tucker use it too?

So Danny finally hooks up with a girl and his dads first reaction is to get rid of the girl? Dick move.

I don't think wearing a helmet would save you in meteor shower.

“wow, she almost seems human” how is Paulina any different than usual?

“I don't know how to use this” didn't stop you the first time-line

How is Desiree conjuring all those monsters, no one has made a wish out loud and it's established that she has to hear the wish be stated.

At least Danny is using his powers for the right reason, going in to the girls locker room is his heroic responsibility.

Why did no one wish for Desiree to get in the thermos? Also, if all her granted wishes disappear doesn't that mean it's an ability that must be constantly active to work? Danny's uniform should have changed back to the no logo design.

There is no way Tucker managed to outrun a truck.

Huh, Valerie is at Paulina's party even though she was spurned earlier in the series

4.5/10
Inconstancy issues, poor excuse for an origin story that is coming fat too late in the life of the series. Desiree's tits need more screen time.

Do you mean the reviews or my note for the rewrite I might do once I am done reviewing?

Not bad.

I figured Danny's ghost energy is what activated the thermos, but after that anyone could use it. But I might be wrong.

That was a real treat, user.

Both.

And speaking of that… I think Pariah Dark could work as an antagonist, if suitably modified. Yes, the ruler of the invisible world, but far more inhuman, even outright alien. Not a ghost king, but a neverborn. Not a person, a man, but a thing. An ancient horror extant for as long the Ghost Zone has spawned unlife, if not its foundation. It is the blackness of the abyss, and it hungers for yet more room to fill, uncaring as to the apocalypse that hunger would cause.

Cue Lancer peppering his minced swears with Lovecraftian titles and critter names.

Doublepost with a further idea: Pariah Dark has a connection with every single ghost. When it so wishes, it can possess them like they would a human. Any time, any where. Allies, enemies, friends, and even lovers among the dead could be made into the Pariah's twisted 'masks' in the blink of an eye. Even better, the possessed appear ordinary until their Master asserts its power over them. Then their forms twist into pale and ghastly new shapes, all life wilting or scrambling away from them.

If you wish for Desiree to suck your dick, would she do it or would she twist your wish around for it to go horrible or misinterpret it?

She'd probably get your dick sucked with a vacuum cleaner.

Is it just me, or is Sam a blue-pilled nuisance?

She is a vegan of course she is a nuisance.

They live in a city, what do you expect.

She's an "ultra recyclo-vegetarian". I can't believe I still remember that.

She can be pretty up her own ass and a hypocrite, but she's a teenaged girl in a goth phase, of course she is. Can't remember her being awful on her own, all I remember her getting possessed by Undergrowth and giving me… Ideas.

heh

By this point I think two things are obvious,
one, English is not my first language
and two, I don't check my grammar very well before I post

Actually I had a very similar idea to that as I was thinking of making Pariah Dark more Cthulhu like but not as OP

A good idea but it needs limits in order to avoid massive plot holes or "plot magic" to be sensible.
Limit it to only those who have gazed in to his eyes
make it so that if another being pours their energy in to the possessed that breaks the hold.
Pariah Dark can't possess people/ghosts directly because his soul is just too powerful and would destroy the target but he can possess more than one person at a time
His long distance possession has a maximum range and grows weaker the further someone is from him

I will post my idea for Pariah Dark's back story in the next post since it is a bit long.

The basic plot line I was thinking of goes something like this:

In the beginning there were many deities across the world which were formed from the dead of each civilization who guided their respective civilizations in exchange for scarifies that conferred part of the civilizations life force to the deities in order to sustain them. Each deity was born out of a condensed collection of aspects of each civilization, the more spiritually rich the civilization was the more deity’s it had.

But one deity wanted more, he wanted the enslavement of all civilizations under his rule but lacked the power to make it so; the deity was named Yahweh, he was shape-shifter and he was born of suffering, discord, subversion, greed, and egotism. Yahweh tried to subvert the other deity’s civilizations for many millenia until he finally succeeded if felling one civilization after another and converting them all under his rule; the other deity's noticed what Yahweh was doing and many holy wars were fought but in the end Yahweh would rule over all the other diety's lands though under a different form each time.

Yahweh enjoyed sending those under his rule to go war against one another so that he could feast on the souls of defiled children as they were slaughtered. On one occasion where Yahweh's forces were at war with a city, one of Yahweh's faithful who was pretending to be one the people of the city opened the doors to the invaders while most of the men of the city were away, the invaders flooded in and began sacking the city, the head of the invaders found the 9 month pregnant mother of the city's king and raped her then threw her down a well and ordered the blood of all the cities nobles to be poured down the well to drown the mother. Due to the extreme stress of the situation the mother gave birth prematurely and both she and her child drowned in the well.

While Yahweh was pleased with the offering the invaders made for him he overlooked the soul of the baby in the well as it was surrounded by many other grown souls. The nameless soul of the baby was twisted by the hatred and desire for revenge of his fellow fallen that it turned black and burned bright with spiteful conviction as it passed in to the netherworld/ghost zone. The black soul of the child was treated as an outcast in the netherworld due to the great malice is had and was referred to as Pariah due to it's status, as the years went by the soul became more dark and twisted until the darkness that it exuded was noticeable across the entire ghost zone due to it feeding on all the desire for revenge by those slain by followers of Yahweh.

Pariah grew powerful enough that he challenged Yahweh and struck him down but he could kill him Yahweh gave the last of his strength and spirit to six dark disciples who could one day reform him. Following the fall of Yahweh humanity a had spiritual and intellectual rebirth as Pariah was more interested chasing down Yahweh's dark disciples in the ghost zone than ruling humanity. To get away from Pariah Dark the disciples flee to the human world and continue their masters work, killing off those who could stand against their rule and causing various wars. Eventually the Disciples plan is uncovered and Pariah continues to hunt them in the real world but the Disciples had grown strong enough seal away Pariah even though they could not kill him; once Pariah is sealed the Disciples continue to cultivate suffering, greed, and discord among the humans in order to revive their master.

What do you think?

Makes some sense. Though such possession is intended to give the Pariah a "physical" presence in the story long before it actually appears, plus paranoia. Additionally, I'm thinking of the actual "priming" as happening by portal (activated by one of the Pariah's servants), an eye staring through.

Yeah. Borrowing a little from 40K's daemons, once possession is broken, the victim cannot be possessed again. Additionally, hybrids like Danny and Vlad cannot be possessed period. Their dual nature is an anathema to the Pariah, and so it will as much as it can to destroy them on sight.

You mean that it can't pour the whole of its being into a host, I take it. Instead it puts in but a small portion for each victim.

That gives me an idea. While a possessed ghost might revert to its original shape after the Pariah leaves, a living host will need an infusion of opposing energy. Unless this is done, both flesh and soul will warp monstrously beyond repair.

Incidentally, this sounds like a threat that Vlad would tell Danny to run from at first.

…I'm a staunch 40K fan and this still came off too edgy (and goofy). It read like a poorer fanfiction, I'm sorry to say.

This is also why I'm keen on the idea of Pariah Dark being nonhuman and neverborn, to explain the sheer distance between it and garden variety ghosts. It is a Pariah because it was never alive to begin with, and destroys so much just by interacting with things.

I am not understanding what you are saying. Could you clarify or go in to more detail?

I am not sure I want the shape of the victim to change, I think it would have more effect if the victim remained the same so fighting them is more difficult for those close to them.

Hell, it's a threat Vlad is going to run from. Pariah Dark should not be someone who can be beaten head on by anyone other than another Deity, only stalled or put to sleep.

No, that's fine. The whole reason I asked is to get a second opinion.
Which part in particular do you have issues with?

That's also why I like my Deity idea, I want the ghost world and the human world to be tied together. Ghost of great power should be more than the spirits of the dead but embodiments of aspects of humanity, I want to tie in old divine lore and history to the ghost world.

I don't know if you ever watched DBZ but I wanted him to be something akin to Janemba but with far greater intelligence. A monster born of a collection of malice which condensed on to a host.

Not the guy, but I take issue with the death of the mother and Pariah. That's definetly where it jumps from somewhat acceptable edge to ridiculousness. I still say if you do something, you should keep it at least within the realm of acceptable for all ages. At least 12 and up.

If it were me, I'd put Pariah's origin as some unholy merging of the souls of several conquerors and kings. Like the other guy said, make him different and explain his power even before the crown and ring by making him different from other ghosts who're simply the souls of the deceased. Keeping the explanation of how exactly he came to be vague also gives him some eldritch qualities.

Defeating him should definetly be a huge effort, and I mean an enemy unifying one. It should take a lot of Danny's Rogue's Gallery working with him to re-seal Pariah. Include the human ghost hunters as well, they've definetly got a stake. Hell, have some ghosts(like maybe Walker, since he's all about deference to authority) join Pariah.

It should be a huge event. A near endgame one. High stakes, high power. But hey, you're writing thismaybe. I don't mean to throw out ideas and tell you to write my way. Even though that's kind of what I did. Just throwing things out there to think about.

I know it's a bit edgy but I didn't actually make that up, it happened. During the Muslim invasion of Europe Muslims would routinely do sick shit like that and then chronicle it to spread the news.

The reason I made it that way was because I wanted to tie the various holy wars and Judaism/Islam to the influence of the 6 Disciples of Yahweh. I need something that would create a lot of malice combined with something that was a blank slate, hence the baby being drowned in the blood of his people; if you have a suggestion for something else that can fill that role I would be happy to hear it.

I like to be very specific with my plot lines so I am not good at being vague but I do like the idea of giving him an eldritch air of mystery; I will look through my notes and try to think of a way to keep it vague while still giving Pariah a reason to hate the 6 Disciples.

Agreed but my plan is actually to make this a case of "butchering the wrong pig" as I plan to make it that Pariah was the far lesser of two evils and he was the only thing stopping the 6 disciples. Pariah will be sealed away but it will be with the aid of the 6 disciples posing as good guys to Danny and the other ghosts.

Speaking of Walker I am not sure how I am going to do his origin story if I have to keep it acceptable for kids; the man died in a prison riot in the old west, there is no way that is going to be pretty. Most of the villains in this series have really tragic or gruesome back-stories, see pic in

A lot of the villains deaths will be edgy, Young Blood for example died of child illness, it's going to be very hard to put a 12 and up rating on that.

No, please feel free to throw out ideas; I can't promise I will use them but I have already added some stuff to my notes from suggestions from this thread.

The main issue for me is that I am looking at my time line and the material I am working with and it is all very dark stuff, we are talking about people dieing in horrific ways and coming back as vengeful spirits, I'm just not seeing a lot of ways I can put a lighthearted spin on that. Obviously I am going to have bits where Danny just gets to be a kid or the spirits letting go of their hatred and finally passing on but in order to get to those highs I need lows.

Once you remove the FOP quality from Danny Phantom this show gets dark really fucking quick; this is a general problem all superhero's have, you need some degree of tragedy and edginess to make them work.

I haven't slept in a while, and I'm feeling the toll on my lucidity so you'll get a full response later, but one part stuck out to me:

I think how light hearted something seems is all in how you present the information. Just look at The Ultimate Enemy. Ghost Danny kills his human half practically on screen. It's all about how much you tell, and how much you let the audience figure out for themselves. Of course, this has a pitfall in that it may cause misunderstanding between writer intent and reader interpretation. It's a fine line to walk, but it's been done. Hell, Avatar: the Last Aibender showed the result of the systematic slaughter of the air nomads in the third episode. It can be done.

Can't wait until OP gets to Dani. Now there's some wasted potential.

In their defense, they got cut by 7 episodes. Dark Danny was supposed to come back too.

True, but I wish they'd at least brought her back for the finale.

They did. She was one of the many ghosts making the planet intangible.

I never noticed that.
I wish she'd actually had lines and shit, then.

Oh, I have a personal beef with how they handled Dani. I am big Kon El fan and almost everything I hate about how Kon is handled in both shows and comics they do to Dani.

Even when I watched this almost ten years ago I was pissed about what happened to her.

I am going to try to do at least 4 episodes tonight so lets get started.

Fuck just killing him. Everything about the origin of Dark Danny was dark as fuck. It definetly toed the line of acceptable for all ages. I'd argue episode 18 of Young Justice went OVER that line.

Ep: 22
Doctor's Disorders

“I hope I don't end up seeing them from the inside” Any who knows anything about flies would know that it wouldn't eat him whole it would just suck all the blood from his veins.

The bit with Pualina running towards Danny was OK. I really wish they did more with Paulina's obsession with Danny Phantom. Lots of character development potential for multiple characters.

Power lines are insulated, touching them doesn't wouldn’t shock anyone; it's why bird can sit on them.

Danny had like a million chances to use the thermos his whole fight with the mosquito, why didn't he?

Once again Tucker is acting like Jew.

How is it that Danny does not know about Tuckers fear of medical facilities but Sam does? It has already been established that Danny and Tucker have known each-other far longer than either of them have known Sam.

There is guy sitting in a urinal… I hope that was an animation error.

The colon acting as a repellant is very convenient but at least plausible.

The bit with the evil doctor in the school was stupid.

North Mercy to No Mercy was kinda funny.

“because I'm worth it”, advertising, really?

Skillzes fizzles? I don't know why they though that would be funny.

Dash likes shitty love drama's, I wonder what that's a reference to?

Why would Kwan run from himself?

Just turning the Jar would not make it so Jazz wouldn’t notice what Danny was doing.

A curtain would not prevent Paulina from hearing their conversation.

The bit where Danny wants to be stuck in a sleepover with Paulina was appropriate, I wish the show showed more of how horny the teenagers are.

If Bertrand was the doctor than he should have know that Danny Fenton was the ghost kid when Tucker dropped him off, his reaction should have been different.

The restraints may be ghost proof but the whole bed isn’t, Danny could have easily phased through it.

The guards outside are now floating for no reason even though this would actually give people a reason to be suspicious.

A though just occurred to me, where are Danny's parents during all this? The amount of ghost activity must be registering on their equipment and they are concerned about heir daughter so wouldn’t they try to see whats going on?

There is no way Tucker could hear Danny screaming deep inside the hospital from outside.

What do ghosts smell like? No seriously, I want to know.

“All the vile things I can do to you from up here” I wonder if the target audiences mind went to where most of ours did.

“what everybody wants” and then she says something specific about what she wants.

A this point I have come to expect this but I still hate when the villain not only explains the their plan but also the plot.

How would a vacuum cleaner harvest Danny’s DNA. The only way I can think of is gross and is reserved for serious perverts.

And the villain just leaves Danny there.

Bertrand transforming looked like something out of Courage the Cowardly Dog… how did that show ever make it on to a kids channel? Creeps the fuck out of me even today.

What kind of girl uses lipstick she finds on the floor?

There were supposedly 8 Kwan's but I throws the jar and only 6 fumble it, where is the last one? Also, why does Kwan do any of this, there is no reason for him to do it.

When Spectra steps on Danny's chest in her high heels I was kinda hoping they would do a femdom scene.

Why did it take so long for Danny's DNA to “kick in”? No explanation for how any of this works.

“Let bogy” it was stupid but chuckled

Did they just make a joke about how Tucker stinks? He's a nigger so it's appropriate but I doubt they meant it that way.

Tucker has taken much worse hits than that and has come out unscathed, how is it that a hundred pound girl falling on him breaks his leg? Sam was fine why isn't he?

See, I would love talking to that old guy, old guys are great since so many of them are racists.

5/10
Typical as far this show goes

Not the review user, but I just rewatched The Ultimate Enemy which is when Danny faces off against his evil future self. Usually, I can watch shows even if there stupid or light on logic as long as it's charming in it's own way. Danny Phantom is hard for me to enjoy any more which is what I realized watching this episode.

If you have good memories of this show, I would recommend not watching it again.

The "Bully/Jerk Jock secretly likes something feminine" cliché has been around since the 90s (or probably 80s)

It's a Nicktoon, not a Canadian Teen Com

Ep: 23
Pirate Radio

A neat concept but it could have been better if all the crew members were kids too.

The pirate kid beating Danny so easily was BS

I know this is nitpicking but when Maddie is at the table turning the nut with a wrench the nut is turning in the opposite direction of her moving the wrench… it bothers me more than it should.

Vapor Drone… subtle

Vinyl albums, well at least it's decent foreshadowing that Ember is involved.

Teenagers using things they aren't allowed to, typical but it fits

M.Bersback, oh come on I can't be the only one who sees through this.

Sam's parents have a black servant/Chauffeur

Danny saw that they fired three shots at him but only looks to dodge two and looks away for the third, convenient.

Of course Tucker is doing the advertising. Also, was this a jab at how “independent” radio stations are no different from regular stations when it comes to corporate influence.

Adults are only people over 30? Hell, I'm in my early 20's and I already feel old.

I thought Ember need to have people chant her name to have that kind of power? So much for what little consistency there was. Also, world domination? That seems a bit too lame for Ember, shee needs to have more unique motivations than that.

Using people as a power source is stupid, the cost in food outweighs the amount of energy you could generate. A reactor would have much more practical. Also, it's a ghost ship why does it need a standard for of power?

So many other times Danny goes intangible when something is shot at him and this is the one time he doesn't? Convenient.

Why does the radio knock back the ghost shield covered ship? Also, radio waves don't work the way the show makes them look like they do.

I thought they already established that most all of the adults in town left for the cruise? Where are all there extra people coming from?

Race mixed couple getting married, fucking degeneracy.

“strong able bodied adult” then why did they make him look like a geriatric?

Why can Danny not change it to a ghost behind the ghost shield? He has done it plenty of times before with no problems plus all the other Ghosts are fine inside the ghost shield; major plot hole.

Just touching the ghosts with some kind of Fenton baton is enough to destroy them? Convenient.

Why doesn't Ember just mind control the teens like she did last time?

Ember leave without her guitar? I though she and that thing were bound together?

I get that they are trying to do the whole “Pirates of The Caribbean” thing but they suck at it.

They would have feel to their doom while Paulina and Danny were blabbering.

“abandoning us in the middle of the fight” what the hell are you talking about Dash? Everyone saw that Danny was made to walk the plank.

It's called the “emergency Op center” and Danny used it in both an emergency and ghost attack, he did nothing wrong; the party wasn't his idea either, he didn't even know about it till it was happening.

Even if the ghost ship is set in reverse it's still inside the ship so those on board can shut it down. Also, how is setting it in reverse any different for it's normal function? It's still not allowing ghosts to pass through the shield same as it does in “normal” configuration.

3.5/10
I was really hoping an episode with Ember would be better than this but all the inconsistency, connivance, and lack of basic logic ruin it.

Ep: 24-25
Reign Storm

A one hour special should have been saved for the season finale

Vlad got the key back in episode 19, what has it taken him this long to do something with it. Also, why does it look like he got the key just now?

Why is there no security in the castle? When Danny came here the castle was full of traps.

That's not pumpkin Danny put the sword in to last season. Also why is the sword back in the castle as well as in a totally different locations than where it was left? The room has been altered as well.

If Vlad knew that the ring only works with crown why did try to use that way anyway?

If Vlad knows the legend of the ring and crown then he must know of what is in the sarcophagus, why would he open it? Bad writing.

“who dares!” Why would the ghost king attack Vlad? I would think he would be grateful for someone freeing him.

“Fenton wipe” Danny's father puts his face on toilet paper… I bet it's actually quite popular, especially with Vlad.

I actually envy Sam, I wish my parents were that involved in my life when I was her age.

“I can't just destroy him and take it” YES YOU CAN!… or at least you should be able to, I'm still mad about episode 19.

“I'm like 14” I agree fully, Valerie should have been given that tech

“Some sort of diabolical villain” at least it makes it look like he's joking but the fact that he saying his evil intentions out load is still shit writing.

That ring was meant for a man/being that has hands twice the size of a gorilla, there is no way it fits on Valarie's finger or Vlad's for that matter.

Why does a 2000's Midwestern American town have Gothic architecture? Especially gargoyles.

How did no one in a crowded cafeteria who were all watching the fight not notice Danny using his powers.

“help me get these pant of Jack” what kind of response was Maddie expecting to that kind of question.

“camouflage ourselves” and then they proceed to chase out all the humans in various locations that they could use to blend in amongst the humans and avoid detection. Shit writing.

How did Danny posses Dash while Dash had him in his hands without Dash noticing.

Danny didn't need to reveal himself to Valarie and his friends, he could have just flown away.

Bold move by Valerie to threaten Sam like that

There is otherworldly invasion going on, where the hell is the government during all this? The Guys in White should have made an appearance hours ago.

Is it me or when Fright Knight say “lord and liege” he has a sarcastic tone

If Amity Park is cut off from the outside world where are they drawing electrical power from? It's a small town so I highly doubt it has it's own power plant.

This town has some odd rescue workers, what kind of rescue team has complex drilling equipment like that.

I wish Vlad wasn't such a slimy little prick in this show, he has so much more potential than that.

The whole fight with Skulker in the Sporting goods store was stupid and unnecessary, especially the part where Skulker beats Danny with a baseball.

Why is Poindexter riding the princess in Dragon form. I have a number of problems with it but I will go with why is she in Dragon form in the first place.

27:48 Technus is shown to be among the ghosts fleeing from the ghost zone but in the very next episode it will be shown that he was still stuck in Danny's computer game back from episode 12. Once again consistency is nowhere to be found.

Danny hitting Skulker like that after he set him down could have and should have turned all the ghosts on him.

If the “Crown of Fire” and “Ring of Rage” really let the ghost king do anything then he shouldn't have been sealed away so easily.

The six ancient ghost are shown to have taken the Crown off of Pariah before putting him in the sarcophagus but when Vlad releases him he is shown to be wearing it. More consistency problems.

Danny's speech was awful

Danny has already messed with the sword of the Fright Knight once before, he should know to leave it alone.

The silly bit about Jazz being single just ruins the whole moment, this was what I meant when I said you can't mix action and comedy without one damping the other.

Valerie’s hand rocket failing was too convenient.

You know I just realized something, Valarie's dad is a responsible black single father; in other words he's a fictional creature.

Unless the suit was drastically redesigned to be a battle mech instead of a suit there is a consistency issue. Jack was show to be WEARING the pants of the suit not operating them from a cockpit.

Danny's ghost power change the suit as well… I would this show has jumped the shark but it was never good enough in the first place to deserve a shark to jump.

How do all the townsfolk know it's Danny in the suit? Also, there is no way they can hear him introduce himself from that high up and at a speed where the wind would muffle anything he says.

“bubble wrap of doom” and here I thought he box ghost couldn't get any more lame.

Why is I that Danny can only do the Ghost Splitting trick selectively?… Oh, what I care I just want this to be over already.

Why does the Ghost King keep the Sarcophagus in his throne room? He doesn't seem dumb enough to keep the one thing that can defeat him right right next to him in a fight.

Why do I have the feeling the ghost crown that Vlad toke will never come up again.

3/10
There is so much wrong with this episode I don't even want to go in to it.

Ep: 26
Identity Crisis

less than 30 seconds in and they had to put in a boc ghost momnet

IR downloading? I don't think most computer had that back when this made, most don't sue that even today.

How would deleting the game free Technus? It should delete him with the game… Also, deleting the desktop shortcut doesn’t delete a the actual file.

Why did Danny pull Technus out of the PC? He was less of a threat in there.

How does a webcam shoot lasers?

The Danny splitting scene was just dumb and unnecessary

Why do none of the full ghosts ever do the splitting thing? It's always a infected human, Vlad, or Danny.

Is it me of does Technus have a Jewish accent?

It takes an upgrade for a villain to not shout of his plans? Wait does that mean all the villians are aware what they are doing is stupid but do it anyway?

Why does this separate Danny is way that alters his personality? In episode 6 Danny used the Fenton Ghost Catcher to split himself for a second and there was no such effect.

Danny grows a mullet simply by removing the ghost from himself.

Hero Danny's question about Sam wearing a lot of black is hypocritical since his suit is mostly black too.

“that's not right” what are you talking about? Danny removed his ghost from himself right in front of you, no ghost no ghost powers.

If Hero Danny really did undo his transformation that high up he would die from the fall

What is it with old style hero's and constant alliteration? Where did that trend start?

The split screen scene makes no sense, time is very clearly not passing at the same rate in both panels.

Why does Jack always attack Danny and not I don't know… THE GHOST TECH MONSTER WHICH IS ALSO PARTLY MADE OF HIS CAR?

Sigh, the lack of logic in this episode is painful to watch

Once again despite Danny transforming right under their nose Danny's parents don't notice a thing.

Ghost catcher cop out

The house is shown to be at the beach but we clearly see that it stopped in the middle of the road with no beach in sight.

“After the Summer” but Danny and co are in school so it is at least fall but more likely winter.

3.5/10
The last few episode have been worse than usual; it's getting hard for me to suffer through these.

Ep: 27
The Fenton Menace

A Jazz episode… well, at least it's a change of pace

How has the Fenton Ghost shield on the ghost ship stayed operational for so long without power?

Once again Tucker is being Jew

good quip by Sam

Does Danny miss so often when he is fighting ghost we can see? No wonder he is seen as a public menace.

Whats the story with the Parrot? How did it turn in to a horse?

Danny gets tossed around and land exactly in to the restroom of the Fenton RV while it's moving at 70 mph, convenient.

That was a very strong kick by Jazz

How does Jazz turn on just the Ghost shield with a remote that has only two buttons and not selection method

If it's not age but perception which determines if Young Bloods is visible to someone does that mean that if an adult sees themselves or acts like child they could see Young Blood? Does that mean that Danny's parents see themselves as adults?

Did they really make a joke about Jack stuffing a rifle up his ass?

5.5/10
I am really running out of things to say about this show.

Because they apparently think it's scarier than New Deal architecture.

How original.

Only 26 more to go. I wish you luck, OP.

Ha, nice

But seriously, that is hideous.

I don't know if I'm going to make, watching this is starting to hurt.

I already said how the majority of ideas from this show are torn straight from other comics here

I don't know if I'm going to make,

make it*

You're doing good OP, it took me more than a few days and more than a few beers to finish Lyoko. I advise getting liquored up a bit, makes the bad stuff go down easier.

Now that I think about it, why does Valerie have to work a part-time job? Doesn't her dad work for some high-tech security firm or something like that? You'd think that'd be a pretty high-paying job. Does he just want her to have a job for the sake of learning responsibility?

He almost loses his job back in episode 10, see

In the end he doesn't get fired but gets demoted to a low level security guard

His voiced is based on Gilbert Gottfried

60s Batman?

It's ghost magic

Ep: 28-29
The Ultimate Enemy

Dyke haircut of Valerie. Well, she's a nigress so dealing with their hair is a chore.

Kwan is wearing a lab coat… no way that fool managed to become a doctor or scientist.

There is no fucking way Valerie could survive a direct pavement collision from that high up and at that speed, she should be spattered across the road.

So the school has had both the highest and lowest scoring CAT students in history? Highly unlikely. Also, the lowest scoring student isn't a nigger, suspension of disbelief can only go so far.

It's really odd how dated this show is, nowadays some fast food joints require multiple interviews and in some parts of the world there are hundreds of people applying for those positions simply due to a lack of work.

“It's your future, do you want fries with it?” that's a good line

BOOO-merang, how droll

Danny's dad makes a fair point in way, most of these tests are absolute bullshit.

So Box-lunch just listens to this random time traveler why? It would help if it was established that Clockwork had some level of authority or at least fame in the ghost world.

The sauce actually is a military grade explosive… mixing comedy and action is ill advised for exactly this reason, 99% of the time it just produced unfunny nonsense.

If Danny phased through the briefcase then why did the test answers come stick to him? More plot convenience BS.

The test is measurement of a persons capabilities (or at lest it should be), cheating bring nothing of gain to the one taking it… unless you count something to put on a university application.

Why do Danny's friend care if he cheats or not? I can see some reason why Sam would care but Tucker is far too much of an opportunist and should want to see the answers with Danny.

Even future Skulker can still be hacked by a 2000's era PDA, I got tired of this gag the first time they used it; hell, even Tucker comments on how sad this is.

Lancer admits he has no proof Danny took the answers but then demands Danny return them, what if Danny hadn't stolen the answers and Lancer punishes an innocent student… then again he does let Dash off the hook even though he is a piece of shit all because he is a football player so I guess this kind of thing fits.

The landing in trash gag got old a long time ago as well.

Ghost Wail is a total ripoff of either Black Canary’s Cry or Banshee's Shriek.

Couldn't Clockwork just have explained to Danny that he can't cheat on the test and has to be a good person or else his family is in danger? Wouldn't make for much of an episode but for once I would like to see the hero just listen to some friendly advice and avoid the whole mess.

Clockworks power affects time no inertia so Danny shouldn’t have just dropped after Clockwork stopped his time manipulation with the bell, Danny should have impacted the bell on last time.

At the angle that Tucker was standing at he could have never thrown the medallion in such a way that in landed around Danny's neck; even at the correct angle that throw is very difficult and I don't believe Tucker could make it twice in a row like he did.

If Danny really does go evil in this time-line then why is Amity Park the only place that wasn't destroyed? I would think it would be his first target if he went bad.

Evil Danny knows about Clockwork?

Evil Danny constantly talking about how he is so bad makes me think “the evil one doth protest too much” and there would be moment where he is shown to regret what he is doing but then I remember that it's shit writing.

Why does the ghost wail hurt everything but Tucker and Sam? Are people immune to it's effects?

Evil Danny removes Danny's time medallion but Danny stays in the future, at first I thought there might just be a delay but we have seen that the effect is instant.

The whole phasing in the medallion in away Danny can't touch it is BS.

Evil Danny leaving Danny in front of the memorial of his friends and families death really make me think that this story was originally intended to be much more serious than it turned out to be.

How does evil Danny use the medallion to got back in time? The medallion is supposed to keep your out of place moment in time to let you travel through time. Also, he can shape-shift?

“In my weaker moments” now I am sure of it, this story was originally something else and was rewritten to be more FOP like; Evil Danny was likely supposed to regain so semblance of his humanity.

Plot bs, the future ghosts should clearly be able to see that this is a different Danny; they should be trying to figure out what happened and how they can use this to their advantage rather than just beating on guy they know would never be caught in a situation like that.

“booo-merang wasn't homing in on your” since the booo-merang was just on the floor I am guessing there was more to this script but it was cut or sloppily rewritten.

Even evil Danny explains his plan… sigh

Jazz perfectly guess that Vlad is his arch nemesis just from “cheese head”, other than his castle location Vlad has no feature that would make you associate him with that, especially that easily.

The boomerang can take requests? Especially such specific ones?

If kid Danny could find Vlad so easily why couldn't evil Danny find him over a course of ten years?

How would separating Danny's ghost half remove his “painful human emotions”?

Why would Danny remove Vlad's ghost half? Or fuse with it for that matter? None of this makes any sense.

“Or I could just destroy you now” and then in the next scene Danny is fine with no explantion of what happened. Again, I am getting the feeling this story was heavily edited.

Danny's friends were sure that the Nasty Burger wasn’t going to explode but in this scene it's as if they get new info we don't get to see.

The lines may be awful but there are clearly some good voice actors working on this, evil Danny's voice actor in particular did a great job.

Danny is fighting an opponent that far outmatches him and he wastes his surprise attack stun time to blab to to his family, friend, and teacher… sigh

Animation error where Danny is both wearing the gloves and they can be seen attaching the belt to evil Danny's waist.

An oil truck? Unless there is an oil refinery somewhere in town that should have been gasoline but knowing the animation team they were just being lazy.

Clockwork uses a very good analogy on how a forth dimensional being views time… no way the writers wrote that themselves.

5/10
This whole episode had me thinking that there was originally a very different script that was actually pretty decent and was then rewritten by hacks. Maybe this show really was supposed to be more serious originally before it was FOPed.

Eliminate his greatest threat?

To become more powerful (duh!)

Why is Tucker such a greedy and selfish piece of shit?

Nigs gonna nig.

Isn't Sam already Jewish?

Reminder that Youngblood was voiced by Jacob from Twilight

Because flaws make a character interesting

Yea.

It's almost like the writers only know how to write kikes.

Yes, but I have already stated in my reviews that she is nothing like a kikess (for the most part) and her parents are stereotypical orthodox white Christians.

that implies there was a purge and I remember no such event.

because he should have been a Jew

Review user here, I will go silent for a few days since classes start this week and I got to move for school.

I haven't forgotten about this thread and as soon as I get sorted I will get back to it

shit man you reminded me I've only got a week left.

I'll bump it for you.

Also, Lyoko review user here, I'm planning to hit up another show for short, drunk reviews again since I'm going to have a week free between the end of my internship and start of classes

Review user here, I'm back and I'm going to start back up again tomorrow.

Thanks for the bump

What show are you thinking of doing? I'm probably going to this again sometime and I was thinking of doing either Young Justice or Sym-Bionic Titan.

I like to go in to detail so my taste will probably be a lot different than yours but if I was inebriated I would probably stay away from something narrative heavy.

Feel free to drop a link in this thread or the new one I will likely have to create to finish my reviews once this thread hits the limit.

See

I've been lurking around this thread for a good while and I must commend OP for doing so far the most honest-sounding review of this show I've seen so far. There's really no other way of putting it, but Danny Phantom is a mediocre cartoon that's mostly memorable because of it being wasted potential and having plenty of hot cartoon girls. A lot of people say it's good for the first-and-a-half seasons, but I think it goes downhill almost right from the get-go. Steve Marmel's firing before S3 ensured that the staff no longer had any influential person who fought for long story arcs, serious moments and genuine character development for the remainder of the series, which is why the final 13 episodes have even more of a TFOP vibe to it.

I had a hearty laugh at seeing 'Maternal Instinct' rated so poorly, since it's Butch Hartman's personal favourite. I've also cited it as my favourite episode as well, but that's only because it's a Maddie-centric one and was the primary source for my Maddie refs back in the day when I wasn't able to draw her from memory. But yeah, it's not a good one and the ghost animal thing is really retarded, as is the way the show handled Vlad as a character.

Keep up the good work, and try to find energy to go through the remaining episodes. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on them, as well as criticism.

So dlt…

When is your next pic coming

Much like with Kim Possible, Jake Long, TUFF Puppy and most modern-day Canadian cartoons, it's probably only remembered for having Waifu/Husbando bait (this'll probably also happen to The Loud House)

Porn is one hell of a drug

How come you don't draw SU art?

cuz SU characters are ugly as sin

Oh? Did I just hear somebody say "Teen Titans: Boulevard of broken dreams dump time?"

What in the FUCK phone?
Never buy nokias with windows kids, they will ruin your life.

Off to kill myself.

What? They're better than any Hartman character.

Both Hartman and Becky's girls are acquired tastes (but more people have become acquired to Hartmans girls)

It'll be a while. Been working on paysite material since May. My current, very much time-consuming job ends soon, so I'll have more time (and less money) in the near future.

Not fond of the character designs of that show. Pearl and Lapis Lazuli are probably the nicest-looking ones IMO, but most of the time it's way too Tumblr for my tastes. I also tried watching it when it started and I don't know, it just didn't do it for me.

From a writing/character development standpoint, probably yes. Design-wise? Eh, not so sure about that. But hey, it's a matter of taste.

People argue about the quality of this show all the time. Some think it's irredeemable garbage, some think it's a Shakespearian masterpiece.
But no matter if you like it or not, bots sides agree on one matter: The first 6 to 8 episodes are so bad they can give you literal cancer. Nobody defends them as being "good". They are important to the plot and should be watched, but you won't start enjoying the show until about one-third/half of the first season.

Why not just set up a patreon and rake in a steady stream of dosh instead? Don't make patreon exclusives though or I'll find you and kill you in your sleep.

No it's fucking not, the writing and character development in SU is much worse than DP; every single character effectively suffers from DID in terms of how they act and react to events every passing episode, there are MUCH more inconsistencies in the lore and plot (even by the same writers), and the overall pacing of the story is overdrawn and filled with dozens of boring as hell filler. Hell, even FOP has better writing and character development than SU. The only thing it can be considered a masterpiece of is a masterpiece of sadomasochism (RIP SU painanon), and people (read: SJWs, faggots, and people with shit taste) only find it good due to a combination of extremely low standards, the socjus climate where anything that involves transsexual non-white fatties kissing is considered the second coming, and lack of other actually decent cartoons airing.

Alright, enough ranting, have a few lewd pics involving Jazz's mighty fine ass.

It's always an honor to have you visit us DLT. There's also something I've been meaning to ask you for awhile now. Are a Desiree, Ember, or Spectra man?

You're another reason why I give a fuck about this show.

It's really such a waste that talentless writers ruined DP, especially because artstyle doesn't make me vomit unlike some other nick cartoons and I find character design good too.

Honestly I'd rather re-watch all DP seasons 10 times in a row, no kidding. SU is utter shit and I seriously can't understand how people can watch this, let alone call it "Shakespearean masterpiece" unless they mean that Shakespeare is one of the worst writers or they just didn't read his works or just good books. Guess nailed it perfectly well.

As a matter of fact, it was the first eight episodes I sat through and got bored out of my skull. If the characters looked better enough, I might've stuck around. Maybe I'll come back, maybe not.

Patreon? With the pace I draw porn? Almost every time I release something new, I hear at least one person mentioning that I'm "back" even though I never went away (although I did actually take a break earlier this year). Not gonna happen.

…and that's another thing. I'm also not at all a fan of this recent trend of all the great fan artists flooding to Patreon and then effectively set up a paywall and do exactly that. At least the pay site stuff gets leaked eventually, with a probability of 100%, which is why I'm okay with them (I refuse to do private commissions, no matter what the price). It's already bad enough that most artists have gone to that shithole known as Tumblr.

Thank you. Definitely Desiree. Back in 2008, I actually ranked her over Maddie Fenton, if you can believe that.

Thanks. I do think the style isn't perfect for the supposed action-oriented nature of the show, it could've been slightly more 3D-friendly – less TFOP, more KP – but you are absolutely right about it being pleasing to look at. Women drawn in Silver and Hartman's styles hits me in the dick just the right way.

Seconding that, it also makes situation worse that sometimes their work isn't that good compared to other artists who are doing it for free, especially when it comes to Japanese who at worst just make doujinshi or manga for magazines and even then you can find shitton of their work on Pixiv.

And that I don't really understand either, there is nothing good about it, especially when artists flood their Tumblr with other shit and re-posts, it's even more difficult to get their own stuff unless there is no navigation. And as far as I know, Tumblr compress images and artists rarely upload their work somewhere else to prevent this, I think Tumblr also delete "problematic" stuff sometimes. Filenames is another thing I hate about it.

Pixiv is better alternative, you shouldn't worry about quality or bad moderation, you can upload stuff in one set too and you shouldn't worry about genitally censorship unless you're Japanese.

Also, nice to know that you're pretty good person too. I hope you're not going to die because I legit would miss you.

>I do think the style isn't perfect for the supposed action-oriented nature of the show, it could've been slightly more 3D-friendly – less TFOP, more KP – but you are absolutely right about it being pleasing to look at. Women drawn in Silver and Hartman's styles hits me in the dick just the right way.
You know, at first I had an impression that artstyle is shit, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. Wouldn't say it's perfect either, but I find it great if not even close to perfect a little bit considering that porn works very well with original artstyle which is why I love your work a lot. I mean just look at other porn stuff based on western cartoons, most of the time it works only when people are trying to improve its original artstyle. I think it's not so difficult to draw Silver and Hartman's characters too and perhaps that's the only real downside because the art is quite simple and not really detailed, but I still don't mind.

All this talk just makes me want to watch DP again, but then I remember that 480p is the highest quality available and that the show is literally a wasted potential, if only nick re-released it in better quality, it would make my dick harder than diamond

Hartman draws the main DP cast aged up 10 years.

did… did he actually get WORSE at drawing?

He's probably just an idea man/figurehead now

Well at least Sam looks more doable.

Tucker looks even worse than before.

Holy shit.. Everything he draws looks like it's traced out of one of those really terrible "How to draw superheroes" kind of books.

HOW IS THIS MAN STILL EMPLOYED!?!