When did 4chan died?

When do you think it died? I don't know cause I joined it when it was already long dead.

sept 2014

You would know OP. The moment that you joined, it died. Tell us when that is.

Janurary 2013

Around 2005

october 2003

31 December 1999

The Y2K bug did it.

Around the time that they deleted the /l/ board for political correctness. Whenever that was. It was all downhill from there.

Looks like this happened near the end of 2004.

im sorry about this i am about to rock your heels

anything after 2013 anywhere on the internet isnt worth anything theres no way it could have gotten this bad we really do live in a split reality im so sorry

When the memes and raids/operations ended.

gamergate

it really is no other thing. this site benefited big time because of that. gamergate was the killing blow.

Welcome to the next dead chan.
We gay 4real

Heads up, Holla Forums died september 2015.

Was that when Hotwheels disappeared?

It was a dead chan walking from 2013 to 2014. The final gasp was when Moot officially sold out around the time of Gamergate

its all the same shit, here and there.

Please tell me that is shooped

We have more freedom, but we don't use the freedom (other than ponies) so I guess it doesn't matter anyways.

If you actually want a serious answer from someone that was there basically from day 1:

-The userbase changed
-Moot couldn't keep up and was alienated

These are the two key events.
4chan original userbase was:

-Mostly apolitical, somewhat left leaning (would gladly raid KKK and neo nazi sites, and did so on multiple occasions)
-Atheist, mocking religion was pretty commonplace
-Racism was mostly used as a joke, to be edgy
-Had a close relationship with Moot and W.T. Snacks, mostly by presenting them in mascotte form, as initially Moot actual face wasn't even widely known on the site (he used an image of some other guy instead, as a joke)

As the years went on, the old userbase grew up, left the site, or became a minority.
The newer userbase became right leaning, and then hard right leaning, leading now to the modern alt-right.
Genuinely racist instead of jokingly so, genuinely edgy instead of using it for shock value, and so on.
So Moot flat out was incompatible with the "shift", all the old posters that wanted constuctive, good discussion pretty much left, leaving the site with new blood that wasn't interesting in much of anything aside shitposting and shitflinging at each other.
Thus, 4chan died.

Obviously you're gonna have tons of people reacting in rage to this post, because people don't want the truth, they want the picture they made in their head over the years of what the truth is.
They want to believe that deep inside all imageboards were filled with people that shared their same values, mindset, and sense of humor, they desperately want to believe that they always fit here.
It's easier to make up a mental construct than to accept that they themselves, were the newfags all along.

got it from some old fan site

I won't be able to look at her the same way then

obligatory

Dunno she still has my boner

It died a few times, like a cancerous tumor that keeps re-appearing after having scraped everything out of the body.

That was when Holla Forums was swamed with happening fags, trump and CtR shills.

Holla Forumsday: The day of no more gray area

Precisely, on August 23, 2006

Fuck moot.

I disagree, but then again I started browsing around 2009 so maybe that change had already happened by then. You tell me, you're "le super 1337 oldfag."

It was more apolitical than left leaning, politics rarely came into it, it was all about lulz.

It has definitely gone hard right lately and that does drain a lot of the fun out of it there are still funny raids but they are mostly politically motivated.

It was more fun without the politics but their are still kek's to be had.

id want her to shave. Id shave if she tried to make conditions for her shaving.

I agree with this post but look at the timing thought, it was left-leaning back when bush was in power and conservative hating was counter-culture. After Obama was elected and the democrats became establishment, hating liberals is now the counter culture, especially with the rise of SJWs.

I predict in the coming years of Trump's presidency that it will swing left again as a new generation is raised looking up at a bunch of authoritarian neonazis and will naturally rebel as young people tend to.

For me it felt like it really started with Jessie slaughter. Like, the death nail was sept. 2014, but it had been steadily going downhill for years. The whole slaughter debacle was cringeworthy on all sides and no one seemed to be aware of it. I'm all for trolling, but a preteen girl is the lowest hanging fruit and embarrassing to people who are considered master trolls Then came puddi, which was normalfag tier cancer, and then the captcha. I mean, yeah surgeonposts were annoying but it was part of the experience.

It was originally left leaning, then as right wing opinions became more taboo, right wing people congregated to platforms that allowed them to speak openly. That's why /new/ and Holla Forums exploded. The oldfags that were edgy leftists left and were replaced by the newfags that are edgy rightists. Eventually people actually began to seriously research the whole race thing and realized there is plenty of evidence supporting racial theory, which spawned the growing online white nationalist movement.

newfag detected

Also sage for halfchan bullshit

Don't listen to these newcucks, it died in 2007.

This thread gave me deja vu

Hitler dubs of truth.