SU General 2

Lapis is now an abusive victim.
Greg is rich.
Jasper is a crack whore.
Steven's powers still work at random.
This show's writing keeps getting worse and worse with each new episode.
Rebeca Sugar is "bi".

Previous thread
archive.is/57n6L

Other urls found in this thread:

sug.rocks/leaks.html
madridista-forever.tumblr.com/tagged/full-episode
mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw!g4ECFSJK
happytransfamily.com/2015/01/11/transgender-qa/
huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/myths-about-transition-regrets_b_6160626.html
huffingtonpost.ca/lia-kendall/pride-month-coming-out-transgender_b_10534342.html
womanistmusings.com/are-trans-people-happy-after-transition/
gendercentre.org.au/resources/polare-archive/archived-articles/late-transition-leads-to-a-happier-life.htm
glaad.org/transgender/allies
cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
toonzone.net/forums/threads/cartoon-network-august-2016-premiere-info.5556181/
b.1339.cf/gidnbve.mp4
b.1339.cf/tdvqquo.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They never actually really abused each other, you know. And why is Jasper being played as a villain?
She seems like she just has a kink for waifus that can dominate her emotionally. She just needs to do what Rose did and get herself some human boytoys and fuck 'em. She'd just gotta get into the BDSM scene.

sug.rocks/leaks.html
Looks like we're not done with Jasper.
How much more of a crack whore do you think she'll be this time?

Is she just fusing with random rocks, now?
What the fuck is this show trying to say with her?

keep an eye out for potential slut shaming

I really fucking hope that the show isn't going where I think it is. I really, really hope that it doesn't turn into a slice of life about social progressiveness and shit. SU is at it's best when it's about the great sci fi universe it's set up.

I think that the second half of Season 1 and all of season 2 was amazing, because even the filler advanced the plot. But not season 3 so far. It's been falling flat and I immediately noticed it. And now there's all this bullshit about Pearl loving Rose intimately, and I'm ready to be done with it already because it feels… forced to me. That's not to say I don't want expansion of the characters on earth, but there is better ways to do that than to put in random ""socially unacceptable"" things into the show… That racing episode was the fucking worst and what did it try to do? Put a huge spotlight on sexual harassment. The problem? Sure Kevin was a creep, but he literally was only insistent on dancing. It's not like he tried to fucking rape them. It felt so out of character for both Steven & Connie to even be in that episode, and it was riddled with plot holes, supposedly just to be a social commentary episode that's also an entire Initial D reference.

That said, we really need more of the Crystal Gems, now that Peridot is a member she needs to be expanded on in missions. Yeah… Remember the missions the gems went on every fucking episode? Why did they even stop? Shit like the Monster Reunion episode a few days ago is top tier. I wish they'd do more like that because it reveals more and more about homeworld and the very interesting lore they set up about it.

I want more gem backstory. I want more of Garnet kicking ass. I want more of Peridot learning the values of the crystal gems. I want less of Pearl bitching about everything. Pearl is literally the only gem that hasn't improved from Season 1. Amethyst was the worst, but then she bettered herself. Garnet was boring, she's not anymore. Pearl is the same old whiny self she's been the entire series.

That's my views on the show right now, incase anyone cared for some reason.

I agree. There's so much shit they've set up that hasn't paid off yet.

TOO BAD NIGGER

Why do people still watch this shit.
If you get a good episode every 12 and to understand it you actually have to watch the other 12 shit ones what's the point?

I think we're seeing what happened with Avatar between the first series and Korra, but at a faster rate.

Tumblr got their claws deep in this show and the creators were more than ready to be a kool-aid dispensing social soapbox from the start. They were just cautious because they didn't know if they'd even last one season.

Seeing as they are one of CN's most popular shows, they are trying to get away with as much as possible, but someone on the staff has the presence of mind to keep the story moving along with new characters and revelations in between all the

So, not to sound like a prude but am I the only one legitimately disturbed about Steven and Connie fusing at all?

In the context of the show it is straight up Gem Sex and we have two little children doing it on screen turning into a sexualized woman with T&A (or atleast hips), it even got one character hitting on this abomination and he was treated as worse than hitler for it, he was so bad they even needed to bring him back for ANOTHER episode to home in on the point that underage sex is byootiful and preicous. I just don't fucking get what they're trying to force with this creepy Steven-Faced slight against god.

Nah. That's where it's going. I dropped it after Alone at Sea because they turned Jasper into a crack addict raypisst after hammering the "muh love! muh consent!" shit for episode after episode. The writers fucked up Jasper, the militaristic tiger lady, the grizzled war veteran! And you know how? By taking her respect for power and exaggerating the fuck out of it. Her only traits now are A) that she's nuts over fusion because of the power it gives and B) she'd fuck up anything that even hints at getting in her way.

They've allegedly done them "off screen," and are doing one in a few episodes, but the days of constant missions are long gone. Now that a superweapon has been pacified and an empire is bound to invade at any given moment, it's time to talk about ((love)) and consent in increasingly clumsy and ham-handed ways, because that's totally important in the grand scheme of things! Kids love that shit, right?

Gear up for the lore, then. Bismuth's coming after next week, and maybe the corrupting superweapon, but after that it'll be more of the same, guaranteed. Characters like Pearl are never gonna get better, and you better believe that Amethyst, Garnet, and Peridot are gonna degrade. If characters think and act like semi-functional human beings that don't bitch as much, we won't get as many "cute" and "feelsy" moments.

Whether he came on, or he snapped out of it, it's too late. They've wasted too much time to get these loose plot threads over with without rushing.

why do I keep doing this

Make your bets now on how long it'll last, until that staffer gets shitcanned or leaves of their own accord.

Those kinds of people never last long in the middle of shitstorms like these, either because they can't take the insanity anymore and value their mental stability over the paychecks, or because they get fired since the others hate them for interrupting their ego-wanking for a measly 2 minutes to make a fucking children's cartoon. If they don't leave before enough annoyance builds up among their useless coworkers, they'll get shoved out the door by force quickly and inevitably, because this 11-minute nonstop tumblr schlickfest doesn't have time for silly things like "entertaining the audience with humor, suspense or telling an intriguing story" anymore.

Nah, it's actually amazingly creepy in all honesty, and this is coming from a guy who loves lolis. I think the biggest problem with it is that Fusion isn't just a physical action but an intensely psychological and emotional one as well. The two minds literally become one and you're forced to experience the same intense emotions as your partner in a way that transcends just sex. Forcing that kind of intimacy on children would horribly scar their developmental patterns plus the additional scarring from the physical "sexual" part of the fusion. It's a recipe for disaster and is akin to some of the worst child on child abuse ever witnessed.

You do know that they're setting this shit up so Stevonnie is the crucial pivot that saves the universe from… something?
They're foreshadowing it way too hard.

IIRC the writers have touched on this; in both Stevonnie episodes Connie flips out internally, causing Stevonnie to hallucinate(?) People would blame it on Kevin, but that kind of intimacy is too potent for kids, especially those as stunted as Connie and Steven.

But yes, is not a prude. Even though Kevin's fucked up for hitting on this intersex abomination, it's essentially kids taking on something more intimate than sex, and that's really fucked up.

Oh no, the entire crew is bloated to the core with this shit.

You see how Adventure Time is going? Now remember SU shares a building with them. Remember how they chewed out Skyler Page in the middle of a bipolar breakdown for actions he was in no way in control of. Remember how someone in the building took a sharpie over an original Spike Siegal.

This isn't a case of a few bad apples. The whole barrel has been spoiled. This is it. All the old guard of the network is long gone and the rot is what's leading the network. All the new people coming in are screened by them. There's no going back. This is life now, or until some other event either kills the network or drives them off.

What Universe? The Backstory and universe is rather bland and simple once you get around too exactly what it is.

It's ALWAYS been Relationship bullshit first, everything else second. All the characters twiddle thumbs and cry until dues ex machina saves the day.

Hey, man, it's not Kevin's fault, he didn't know. Everyone thinks Stevonnie is hot, for some reason. He was the only one alpha enough to do anything about it, and apparently he needs to pay the price for it.

That was a damned good episode.
I think I would enjoy a series about the backstory more than I do the actual SU series as it is.
Rather than have the main character be someone who's a mix of a gem and a human, there's something more enthralling when the two main characters is a gem who finds human life confusing but beautiful, and a human who feels the same about gems. The old school feel, the theme of growing up from your stupid kiddy dreams and taking responsibility for yourself and your life, all in the backdrop of a single human trying to understand these alien species, is way, way more interesting.
It's also fun to have the contrast of the main character being a man old enough to be influenced by romance and lust. It adds a new layer to a species of alien that's entirely female.

I hope we get more episodes like this. Particularly of Rose being something other than just romanticized. She's very interesting here. She's an idiot, but means well. It strikes me that her interest for humans seems like a little kid's interest in an ant farm. She also clearly would not have been a good mother to Steven if she was still alive.

Okay, so now that I've seen that Jasper episode, is it safe to say that fusion between different gems is actually addicting? I've seen no indication otherwise, but everyone who has fused wants to do it more, except for Amethyst and Pearl, who only mildly hate each other.
This has weird implications, and they have to be doing it on purpose, but I don't get why.

Babysitter episode that just aired was great. Got to see more past greg, rose, and had a few good comedic moments (like baby Sour Cream's voice being the same as his adult self)

Still itching for more actual gem lore though

user, you're thinking too hard. Jasper being addicted to fusion basically just a "homophobes are the biggest homosexuals" type deal. It's just "oh, cruel irony!"

Didn't Peridot already degrade?

Technically, yes, but for conversation's sake I ran off of the assumption that "break Peri down to build her back up" was the idea. She's probably gonna start crying and singing herself by next season.

That'd explain why Ruby and Sapphire were so eager to refuse when they got unfused by Jasper. It's not just that they like each other- it's that they get withdrawl after being unfused for too long.

I meant in personality. Yeah I know she had evidence of being a complete dork. But it was implied that she was the "I just want to do my job but I'm having so much fun beating up the guys messing it up for me" dork, which I really loved. Now they just turned her into stand in of the "problematic privileged manbaby that needs to learn the progressive ways of muh feelings and shit". Don't believe me? Watch the episode Gem Gossip. I hate that episode so much.

I ask you this question, would Peridot be doing all the current shit she does while "smol" if she somehow was held prisoner but was able to keep the robot limbs?

It would also explain why Ruby and Sapphire are so neurotic and over emotional and why Garnet is everything but. When they're together as Garnet they're in a perpetual state of high. So what you have is a stoner whose a cool person while high but an extremely angry asshole when he doesn't get his fix.

That's probably closer to a harder drug, but basically, yeah. You've got two people coming together to make something bigger and better than the both of them, and I'm sure that has to feel good on some level.
But it seems like it feels good no matter what you do, which is where things start to get weird. Despite Lapis and Jasper having very good reasons to never want to fuse again, they both want to, even though Lapis knows it's a bad idea. Does the power just feel that good? Does Connie enjoy having a dick?

That's what I meant by yes, which is why I said she'd be singing and shit by the end of next month. She went from Mengele technician to "literally smol kitty," and she wouldn't do the "smol" shit if they let her keep the limbs. Maybe she'd fuck around on the tablet or get into Pineing Hearts, but old Peri wouldn't be scared of thunder.

Breaking down characters to build them back up is a classic plot device, but because the writers don't give a shit about character development they took her enhancers away because it's the easiest way to do it.

Please stop saying smol.

It was understandable why she would be scared of thunder. After all she thought it was the Cluster. The thing that pisses me off is the writer thinks the only way to sympathize with Peridot is if they make her diabetically cute when right before she got poofed she was sympathetic. No Peridot wouldn't whimper and hug like a child, but she would do something creative, like her fingers being disorganized or her huddling up like a normal person would if you think something equivalent to a nuclear warhead is coming your way.

Another thing. I felt that she was going through some sort of character development even before she got captured. You mentioned how she was a Mengele technician. But compare her first appearances to her appearances after Jailbreak. She was becoming more emotive and by the time we get to Friend Ship, she was talking smack to the Gems. And the thing was she wasn't powerful at all, despite what others would say. She was always on the defensive and the Gems were only in trouble when she tricks them into a trap. Most of the time she was flying away. Later on she got the blaster, but it felt like she learned it on her own for the sake of her own survival. That's what I loved about her character, and I wanted to see where it would go if somehow she works with the Gems but with the same level of adaptiveness that made her so endearing. But no, they had to throw all that out. "Smol" Peridot is a completely different character. She should have been a different character who was intimidating like Jasper, so when they revealed her true form, it wouldn't feel like they copped out one character development with another completely unrelated one.

I can't really defend this show anymore, it has become worse and worse as it runs and As I saw the sneak peek of Bismuth I think it is going to be shit.
All character have become annoying and those that have become annoying are the ones that they are giving them more tv time.
Also I noticed there is a lot of "be tolerant, but we aren't" going on on the show.

Stevenbombs tricked you into getting excited. It starved you then gave you a comparative trickle so you'd get excited.

But now that the cards are all on the table you can see exactly what their mindset is.

Also, Alone at sea was the biggest eye opener was the shitiest episode like 8 minutes of nothing 3 minutes of Plot moving, Lapiz is seen as some kind of saint, Jasper reduced to a crackwhore, Greg getting shitted on at every turn, Steven…. Well he actually didn't do anything which is a problem when he is the main character.
They could have moved the plot along, or have the gems go fight to get other corrupted gems or anything exciting. we are shown that all those cool fights were only to make sure you remember those places and nothing more. because you probably only see them again when someone is either crying or singing.

You need to think like a liberal arts graduate.

Greg is daddy. Daddy's bank account is infinite. Thus it doesn't matter if you lose millions doing useless shit because of your feelings. It doesn't matter if your lesbian friends destroy a booth at his favorite restaurant and get him banned, so long as they're happy you're a nice little progressive. It doesn't matter if you forced him to live on a Van just so you can have a roof over your head. It doesn't matter if you destroy his rental. It's his job to just infinitely fund your bullshit.

So long as you have the bank of daddy to fund you, there's no point in anything else. You don't need to go to school or get a job or contribute to society in any real way. You can say you're a hero of justice but sit on your ass watching TV and playing video games all day. You can invite all of your shitty, violent friends in and if he has a problem it's not your problem, because your bank account doesn't get an opinion.

If he persists in speaking up, you just need to bring up your mommy and whatever happens there. It doesn't matter if you know that makes him an emotional wreck, you obviously know best for yourself AND him.

in his house and why everyone cries and is sad

But where is the frywife?

The thing people forget is that kids aren't blank slates to push onto. Their lives inform their idea of what an idea is. Even most kids who don't HAVE two parents know that is the norm or the expected norm and so just having a bunch of single parents(As EVERY character except Lars has) will feel weird.

As for why Steven's dad doesn't live with him, that's a good question. He built the damn house. You'd expect he'd move into it instead of living in his damn van.

Best we can figure, at this point, is Pearl was too much of a bitch to have Greg around, Amethyst burned that bridge by trying to suck Greg's murdercock, and Garnet didn't know how to handle the drama.

It's really kind of fucked up how we're just supposed to accept that the gems are terrible teachers, intensely emotionally stunted, deeply retarded when it comes to humanity, and yet, they were somehow the best ones to take care of Steven, even though they refused to train him or take him along for most of his life.

I guess in the end even if you come out of the ground with your life planned out for you by infallible tallest space bitch, you're still an imperfect pork chop.

How is that possible? Is this finally passing the event horizon?

MEGAS FOR THIS WEEK'S EPISODES RIGHT NOW, FUCKERS!!!

Ehhh for me the crystal gems avoiding missions is far more satisfying. This is one of the few progressive shows on television now that isn't jamming the right stuff down kids throats, it's very subtle about sending a good message and that's more important to me than the missions and "muh battles", this isn't avengers or DBZ if you want that tune in to some 90s shows, SU and others are a more cerebral show for a newer generation something that fits better would be avoiding fighting every episode and explaining to kids that - yeah - it's okay to be trans, it's okay to be gay, some people are bad and some types of people get more than others. Is that really so wrong that they're wanting to focus on making people think right than to fuck around with super powers when things like Avengers exists?

Why are you here, SJW?

I'm not an SJW, I'm just expressing an opinion. Christ guys this isn't fucking Holla Forums…

Being gay or trans is not fucking "okay." Society making it "okay" has only led to these people being fucking miserable. People were happier when they did their best to be heteronormative. And I have trans friends to back this shit up. They're depressed as all fuck. And no, it's not because of oppression. They aren't oppressed at all. They're just fucking confused because this bullshit narrative has been spun and they don't know what the fuck they are anymore. (HINT: They're fucking MEN who have traits more common to WOMEN.)

NOW POST THE FUCKING MEGAS, ASSHOLES!!

They're a faggot for not caring about the plot being at a stand-still, but you're even more of a faggot for being a douchebag from Holla Forums who expects to be spoonfed.

So let me guess, you're voting for trump?
No…no, pretty sure it is okay, because people feel that way and deserve to be treated with respect. Would it be okay to live in a world where we're all one thing so we don't have to walk on eggshells all the time? Well to me it'd be a nightmare being mixed but it would speed things up but guess what? we don't.

So, I'd much rather live my life trying to be kind and good than to just dismiss that everyone else isn't exactly like me. They may be depressed but it's only because we as a society do not cater to them enough, we have people - like you - tell them they're wrong and bad and awful and it hurts. you can pretend it doesn't, but it does and guess what? That leads to suicide! That leads to pain and suffering but shows like SU where it's okay not to be one gender, where it's okay to be a lesbian or something people liek you hate gives me a break from this fucked up world.

"Narrative" why do you people always use this word? It's mind boggling. Look I was expressing my thoughts on my favourite show and I want to live in a world where kids are told it's okay to be themselves and it's okay if they like other boys not just what I want them to like. Christ, grow up.

I think my post got confused, I want it to move forward but I UNDERSTAND why they're slowing down because of the importance of the message. I enjoy stuff that's fast passed sure, but for a purely selfish reason the slice of life thing appeals to me. That's not to say it's right for everybody but it's easy to understand why they're doing it. Also can you not use that word.

Almost got me! Masterful b8

Media doesn't exist to teach children how to think. That's called propaganda, brainwashing, indoctrination.

Oh you are gonna derail the shit out of this thread with that high-quality bait.

Hurray!

What? I mean, his boat and fishing rod got destroyed, but Steven and Lapis were pretty nice to him, aside from Lapis not completely understanding him.

Well. No.

We teach our kids how to behave (think) and how to act. It's not brainwashing it's telling them how to be a good person. It's not REALLY a hard concept to get but can we talk about SU? How is SU brainwashing?

Christ you people are paranoid…

Edgy!

Why is Jasper being depicted as this weird possessive rapist? She was the one who offered to fuse with Lapis, Lapis accepted, only to betray her and hold her prisoner for God knows how long under the sea because she was butthurt for some reason.

Being a bit generous with great there. Steven Universe is pretty bog standard in the lore department, and it's still kind of confusing and muddy in the minor details that the show seems plain uninterested in explaining.

I'm mostly pissed off that the show keeps insisting that the important plot things, like Steven training, or the Gems preparing for a Homeworld invasion, is all happening off screen. Instead of wasting our time with that stuff, we're spending our valuable viewer time getting preached at by Steven and Connie about how bad rape is.

I don't know why I'm here. I pretty much gave up on this show when they decided to turn Peridot from an adorkable nerd with a high temper into the team pet, complete with lolsowacky!!!! antics.

Fusion was originally okay when it was just an analogy for a strong relationship, not necessarily romance or straight up sex, just two folks who like each other a lot. But then we got later into the show and it became an analogy for just sex, complete with Garnet spreading her clam on screen, which turns it from a cute relationship to just fucking on screen.

So you go from thinking it's cute that Connie and Steven can fuse because it's faintly romantic, to being squicked out because you realize they're actually just fucking on screen.

There you go again.

Telling kids that they have to think a certain way or they are being bad people is brainwashing, especially when it comes to tumblr gender politics, where not even "professionals" and "academians" can agree on a cohesive set of values or facts.

Case in point: Telling people that you can't choose to be gay, while others within their ranks preach "political lesbianism"
Or
Saying that gender dysphoria is a condition that must be treated by transitioning from one gender to another while claiming that gender doesn't exist and that it's all a social construct.

Indoctrinating children into that way of thinking is like injecting them with insanity. It's irrational, illogical, dissonant thinking.

Huh. I thought Jasper was fusing with those gems. Guess she's just collecting Corrupted Gems?

Its like you didn't read at all.

Also, is it just me, or is there way too much focus put on Jasper's teeth and gums?

Jesus fucking Christ with a crucifex dildo, do you hear yourself?

TELLING A KID THAT THE STOVE IS HOT IS NOT ABUSE

It's giving them a chance to learn about the real world and how it functions, what IS abuse though is informing them they are wrong or an abomination. Telling them that you are mentally disabled because you feel something some Holla Forumsack on the internet does not.

That IS being a bad person and guess what? Us normal centrists (not SJWs, not Holla Forums) realise that everyone deserves equal love, respect and opportunity. You miss the point of Amazonianism and Polesbianism if you think it's about "forcing people to choose to be gay". It's the fact that all of us? We're all pretty fucking gay but we just don't like to admit it.

Are you fucking kidding me? That is NOT what the movement is talking about. There are so many things that make up a gender - spiritually, mentally, physically and some people feel comfortable with one aspect but not another. Maybe PHYSICALLY they hate being a woman but spiritually they're fine? Oh no no, just send them to "le gas chamberz xDD" because being edgy is an argument. It's not insanity, irrationality, illogical or dissonant just because you SAY it is, stop redefining terms to fit your agenda.

Everybody is different. Everybody deserves love and most people, like myself, realise this.

I get harassed all the fucking time just for browsing these board sbe cause I'm not a straight white male and you people are not helping your "hwite cause"

But I did???
What are you eve nsa ying???

I don't want to be spoonfed, I want to fucking watch SU. Yeah, I checked the old thread, it had a .zip or something, right? Can't fucking download it on this computer, it's too big. Where are the fucking individual entries?

You're also losing the culture war horribly and your pet concept that society exists for the emotional gratification of everyone, even the useless, thrown out like it was a decadent aristocracy.

Project harder, faggot.

You're not talking about explaining facts of the world. You're talking about encouraging unhealthy behavior, because self-acceptance and encouragement is more important than intelligent decision making.

Welcome to the real world where shit isn't always going to make you feel good and doing dumb shit has consequences.

You don't deserve shit. You aren't entitled to a goddamned thing. The world isn't fair. Get the fuck over it and get on with surviving and trying to carve out a comfy niche instead of expecting everyone to cater to you because someone gave your feefees a booboo.

This isn't harassment. This is you having to deal with the fact that reality doesn't agree with your asinine, baseless, incoherent bullshit.

Fuck off and stay fucked off til you die or get a shred of common sense you worthless faggot.

It's ironic that you think you're taking the middle ground yet at the same time you tell people what they are and aren't. You're no better than pol or an sjw.

This guy is trolling the shit out of all of you and you keep responding. His posts are so transparent. How could you fall for something so obvious? Just stop replying to his bait. I'm embarrassed for you.

Im not a Holla Forums ack either, and whatever my opinions of gays or Trans People are, it is overridden by my standard for freedom for people.

But Steven universe is pretty much agenda driven shit. Its characters and world are based around a SJW world.

Everybody is divorced, everybody is immature and stupid, everybody lives in their moms basement. "And this is OK, GET OFF MY BACK MOM!". And it has increasingly become more pathetic with time.

Kids don't act like Kids, Grill power all over the place, and everybody puts aside everything else for their feelings.

But I feel like a moron falling for bait regardless.

Poe's law, and it's a goddamned SU thread on Holla Forums. I never doubt for a second that these faggots are sincerely this retarded, not after so many of them have been starting arguments about Holla Forums out of fucking nowhere on every one of the major boards.

Holla Forums is leaking all over the web so I'm inclined to believe we're dealing with the real deal

GUYS, TAKE A BREAK FROM THE ARGUMENT I UNINTENTIONALLY THREW YOU INTO TO GIVE ME SOME MEGA LINKS, AND NOT SOME .ZIP BULLSHIT THAT'S TOO BIG TO DOWNLOAD!!

It never stops. The Jojo posts, this guy, and all the other autistic spam this board gets. Is there no moderator of any sort to keep the peace around here?

Don't got any. Settle for this.

madridista-forever.tumblr.com/tagged/full-episode

I find that unlikely, this is how 4/co/ went to shit, slowly but surely, Poe's law in full effect. Give these fucking retards an inch and they take a mile, it'll start with one shitty poster and then we'll have another and then another.

Are literally only in the jojo thread.

There's the board owner I think, and he only crops up every once and a while to remove CP.

A thread that shouldn't exist here in the first place.

I think people have forgotten just how fucking insane legit SJWs can be. It's really quite surprising just how far beyond parody and mockery they are.

Remember that guy who made a fake SJW persona and got his stuff published on the Mary Sue? He came up with the most retarded, over the top, transparently stupid shit he come muster, and they told him that he should make it worse.

When pushed to make something even more SJWy, he said he became depressed because it made him realize just how insane these people are.

Hello again powergirlfag, how are you liking your comic books?

We can make the occasional exception, Jojo is a manga made by a westaboo. The only person upset about it is you, and you're the one who goes out of his way to provoke them.

Mostly cus you're a faggot and should kill yourself.

Pretty much. We're sort of shielded from the crazy in here, the last sane site on the internet, so when they crop up here we immediately pass them off as bait because pretty much nobody has that opinion here and it sounds outlandish.

But the chances of them being genuine are way higher than people want to admit, especially on Holla Forums, because comics and cartoons are a beacon for the SJW menace to worm their way in.

People forget that reddit and tumblr leaked into 4chan through Holla Forums, mostly thanks to Avatar and Homestuck.

Pretty much. And the threat of that happening again is very real. There's also a very real chance that we won't get another chan to run to if this one goes full POZ.

So be vigilant, and don't write off that sort of shit as bait, because it probably isn't.

All right, thank you. Come next week, we need to have Megas for last week's shit, though.

Ayyyy
mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw!g4ECFSJK

See, there's no way someone like this would come into 8ch. Or even know about 8ch. So why would they be here?
Unless you're full of shit, cuckanon, and are just trying to stir up shit to make people believe that you're right about all the stupid shit you bitch about, and that you need to be hired as a janitor.

Are you kidding, Holla Forums is breaking rules 1 and 2 all over the fucking place. Why do you think they've jumped ahead in the ratings recently?

I know this is bait, but that's not what I was saying at all. I prefer the "progressive" shit in moderate, mild doses. Right now it seems like it's about to go batshit insane and shove it down our throats and become a complete SJW shitfest show and abandon all of it's potential.

spoil that shit next time, nig

You clearly haven't been outside in a while.

Er, kinda was a point that Lapis is trying to get over how she spent ages basically defining herself as a prison to take out all her anger on someone and is trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.

I'm not sure how any of you are watching the same show.

You heard the user
Feel free to spoil the hell out of the next episode

Lapis's character is poorly handled because of the show's shit pacing.

She got out of the mirror and then immediately left.

Returned a long fucking time later and then immediately vanished after fusing with Jasper. Best we got after that was a couple mentions.

Stayed gone for another eternity, not helped by their shit release schedule or the glut of filler episodes that were being aired out of sequence.

Finally reappeared, and all we've got is this moody cunt that everyone is trying to make friends with.

If they aired at a regular pace, in order, this shit would probably feel coherent, but with the series spaced out so awkwardly, all emotional impact and empathy we're supposed to feel is distorted and dulled.

Greg has to be the first cartoon dad who got a shitload of money and doesn't immediately blow the lot in an orgy of idiot spending and be back to normal next episode, but actually keeps up his frugal habits after initially enjoying it.

Pretty rare IRL, for that matter. And they say Greg is a bad role model, he's one of the only characters with any sense.

Well that explains it, I just marathoned the lot. Waiting for a show you hatewatch has driven every single one of you bite-your-own-fingers-off crazy.

You know what he should have blown that money on?

A house.

With a bathtub.

And an air conditioner.

And a toilet.

You misunderstand our points… We don't watch it out of hate. Infact, I love the show. But it's slowly becoming worse in all the reasons mentioned in this thread. I immediately noticed a decline in quality from the very start of season 3 with jokes falling flat or the worst episode of the series yet, the Initial D one, being so shitty.

You.

Dont

Have.

To.

Type.

Like.

This.

See, all of that stuff about Lapis is true and interesting and complex and all that other good shit.

The problem is that the writers of this puppet theater are too retarded to treat that kind of material with the necessary nuance. Lapis is damaged, and she is lashing out wrongly and often being the worse person involved in fights she alone starts, and the show acknowledges that to a degree. But simply saying it isn't enough, they have to actually act on that observance. Having Lapis bitch out at Peridot then spend four episodes doing a Bull Murray impression in the background barely does anything to act on her status as a damaged person, and bringing Jasper back as a banal "stalker ex" analogue for lapis to squeal at, moralize about the nature of consent, and punch out does the exact opposite of showing her in the wrong for what she did (and that's still leaving out that she and not Jasper was the primary factor in making their "relationship" so abusive)

The SU Crew has admitted a few times that the episodes that get aired during their bombs were earlier scripts and finished episodes that they held back for various reasons. They mentioned a proper viewing list when the DVDs come out.

But, yeah.. You wait for almost a whole fucking year between chunks of episodes and what do they give you? A Lars episode. A Sourcream episode. A Kiki episode. All this bloated, pointless shit that contains maybe one or two lines of dialog that actually pertain towards advancing the larger plot and worldbuilding.

It's fucking infuriating to leave off with Peridot and Lapis about to integrate with the usual flow of action and daily dynamic with the crystal gems, only to get a half-year hiatus that returns to shit a ton of filler side-character episodes on you.

I think the problem is people are assuming that fusion is meant to be a neat and direct allegory for anything. Like many fantasy elements it is used in many different ways for what it can be applicable to, and sometimes just because it's interesting to mess around with or makes for good fight scenes. Trying desperately to apply a template onto every instance of it is a short road to total madness.

Jasper's deal seems straightforward. She wanted to fuse in the first place as a power boost for the purpose of smashing things, and she retains the same motivation. She's trying to convince Lapis that it's totally a good thing and her behaviour doing so happens to resemble an abusive ex wanting to be taken back. That is the joke. Let alone getting into the mental ramifications of fusion. Garnet is meant to be exceptional, not the default.

That'd explain a lot.

What rules are those?

kill yourself newfag

Who is /pol??? pls respons

I'd agree with you, if I'd only seen up to Giant Woman. The center of the episode was that Pearl and Amethyst had to work together and play nice. It was about being in synch and wanting to accomplish the same thing. It wasn't framed as romantic or sexual…

But later on, the more we learn about Garnet, the more it becomes clear that fusion is very much an allegory for sex and love. It's made clear that Ruby and Sapphire are deeply in love and that Garnet has very strong feelings about fusion after the Sardonyx thing.

It was very much framed in a way that could be read as "You tricked me into sex, repeatedly!" and "I only wanted to have sex with you because it felt so good!"

If it wasn't meant to be like that, then the following drama episodes wouldn't have happened. Garnet would just have said "if you wanted to work together, just ask next time" which wouldn't need to be said, because Pearl wouldn't have obsessed over fusing with Garnet if it was just a teamwork thing.

The main problem with Steven Universe trying to redeem anything is the show is loathe to say any behavior is wrong.

Peridot desecrated the dead and tortured their souls. But that may as well have never happened and it's treated as if it were homophobia and that's it. She can't ever be described as good if she never faces down her own evil and moves past it.

Lapis DID almost destroy the world. She fucking DARED Steven point blank to prove her wrong but he couldn't. So instead of having to come up with an answer the show moves onto something else and declares her real problem is not respecting gay sex enough. The fact that she broke his fathers god damn leg is brushed aside as quickly as possible and the fact that the entire town needed to be evacuated is never brought up.

In a GOOD show what would have happened instead would instead be something like Lapis running into Mayor Dewey and he's obviously pissed she fucked with the people under his protection. Steven may try to defend her but she points out she broke his dads leg and his dad can't prove her wrong. THEN Jasper attacks and instead of just proving she's not a bad lesbian, she has to actually defend people who are actually helpless and proves she's a good person by helping more than herself.

Listen user, those ideas are great and all but… like… we really need another episode about how bad rape is.

This. This is a show

FOR CHILDREN
So we need to ensure there are atleast a shred of moral lessons coming through. If you don't like it go watch anime

I swear you Holla Forumsfags would praise shit like goddamn Captain Planet because it had all those moral lessons you twats say you give a shit about.

You wanna watch shit that's safe? Go watch goddamn Barney.

Holla Forums has nothing to do with this you retarded nigger, but if you're going to pretend that you're teaching kid's good moral lessons you should at least do it in a way that's relateable and they'd understand.

Children don't need to be bombarded with metaphorical gay sex, or forced lessons about how not to rape.

die you stealth Holla Forumsnigger
You aren't fooling anyone

Really this is 8ch, you can be honest about who you are

True enough, this show's actual audience are low life millennials, who only act like children.

You're trying a little too hard there, champ. I've never been to Holla Forums, and never plan to go there.

You can be honest about where you come from, too. So feel free to head back to Reddit/Tumblr sooner rather than later, we'll all thank you.

(checked)
Other than libtards, actual kids will end up watching it out of being burned out by three straight hours of TTG.

This kind of mentality is the reason why Holla Forums is the laughing stock of all the boards.

I was being sincere, maybe you should try being honest too.

You don't have to pretend anymore. Come out of the Holla Forums closet

It's whos ratings Cartoon Network actually checks.

Sorry mate but you know damn well CN doesn't give a shit about ratings. If they did We Bare Bears would have been cancelled already.

Am I the only one noticing the similarities between Vidalia and onion girl from parappa?

its not a coinsidence

It's portrayed one way in one episode, and portrayed another way in a different episode. That's kinda my point.

The romantic element doesn't seem to be a major part of it, though it is the most stable manifestation of fusions. Fusing is generally shown as, more than anything, TEAMWORK, taken to a superhuman level, hooking up each others' bodies and brains to create a new intelligence. Fusions seem to identify as their own people even as they acknowledge being made from others, with their own personalities and opinions that are often distinct from their individual parts. Of course, in cases like the Rubies, it's simply a way of teaming up to get bigger. Garnet on the other hand is an exceptional fusion of two extremely different Gems, which as a result gains the powers and talents of both without the weaknesses. (Theorising that inter-case Gem fusion is taboo on Homeworld because such stable fusions are powerful and intelligent enough to be a major threat to the Diamonds' regime)

It works as an allegory for romance and marriage since a functional relationship requires communication and cooperation to work, especially between people who are different in many ways. But overall it's just as much used as an allegory for teamwork, friendship, and sometimes as just an excuse to have giant women with fancy powers and car-sized axes slugging it out.

If the Johnny Test spam means anything, it's probably a sliding scale of 'gets ratings' vs 'is cheap to make'.

There is nothing wrong with being a lesbian.
There is nothing wrong with being trans.
There is nothing wrong with being agender, trigender or whatever else there is.

If you disagree go back to Holla Forums

if they're nothing wrong with being Trans why are They;re suicide rates so high even in places that accept them?

lesbos are fine

everything else you listed is a mental illness if you disagree kill yourself you're part of the Problems

i took the bait and i liked it

This thread is in now completely derailed and in need of triggering content. Please, if you have pictures of gore, open wounds, surgery, animal abuse. Only Chemotherapy can drive out the cancer now…. it's our last hope.

As a human that isn't what they were told they wer e when born, I'm retty fucking happy and the rates would go down if people were more accepting. a human soul is not a mental disorder.

But user.. You're already on Holla Forums

OY VEY!!!!

tell that to the guy that thinks he can fly becuase he thinks he's trans bird

if you think you are anything onther then what you were born as you have a mental disorder

except they don't

except they do. go back to /pol kid, here people actually understand politics.

except they don't
this isn't politics you degenerate
this is people being unable to execpt that they are the gender they are born as, why should anyone except what they when they(you) don't accept what you are
Born a male, die a male
Born a female, Die a female

nothing will ever change that you Degenerate filth

trumps going to be the President
this isn't cuck chan's co this is Holla Forums you Subversive fuck

"Born a male, die a male

Born a female, Die a female"

GEE, I WONDER WHY ALL THESE TRANS PEOPLE ARE KILLING THEMSELVES, THEY'RE FUCKING MENTALLY DERANGED SICKOS WHO SHOULD SUICIDE AND I KEEP TELLING THEM THIS - BUT I MEAN WHYYYY ARE THEY DEPRESSED? MUST BE BECAUSE THEY'RE A DEGENERATE. JEEZ.

Holla Forums logic.

Maybe because idiots like you are encouraging them to mutilate themselves and further fuck with their brain chemistry through pills that are medically proven to have bad effects on their bodies.

Trans people are statistically more likely to kill themselves after complete transition, and many report regret and attempts to reverse the effects of surgery after a few years. So that's emotional appeal one debunked.

And if trannies are so desperate to just be seen as normal people of their "preferred" gender, they wouldn't be campaigning for government gibs and special social status even for ones already done with surgery. So that's emotional appeal two struck down.

Transsexuals are suicidal attention whores, and just giving them what they want and enabling their delusions has no affect in placating them overall. Go back to the drawing board find another solution, and stop assuming that anyone who disagrees with poorly written and agenda driven, identity politics propaganda bullshit is from Holla Forums.

You say it's medically proven. PROVE it to me.

happytransfamily.com/2015/01/11/transgender-qa/

Use. Facts. Not just Holla Forums logic.

huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/myths-about-transition-regrets_b_6160626.html

huffingtonpost.ca/lia-kendall/pride-month-coming-out-transgender_b_10534342.html

womanistmusings.com/are-trans-people-happy-after-transition/

gendercentre.org.au/resources/polare-archive/archived-articles/late-transition-leads-to-a-happier-life.htm

glaad.org/transgender/allies

I can't tell if that filename is ironic or not, but regardless, fuck off.

Well let's look at the meta justice system shall we:

team pet

>When free, gets portrayed as a stand in for "abusive junkie exboyfriend" (again, despite the fact that Lapis was the one raping and dominating her)

Yeah no, this isn't morality, it's "How to get victim bucks 101 for middle-schoolers" Step 1: if the smaller girl cries first, she gets all the reassurances and comfort and the opposing party gets thrown to the wolves, no matter how bad it manipulative said girl is or how hurt or justified her opposition was.

kek

holy shit fam, no wonder you're a delusional faggot, another thing is, that if Being trans is not a mental illness then why can it be successfully treated using anti- psychotics

Holy shit, how the fuck did you end up here? Where you lost on your way to cuckchan?
>>>/cuckchan/

Go choke on a bag of dicks you retarded faggot.
cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

This isn't The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, if you want that, don't watch the Ridiculous 6.
This isn't Deus Ex, if you want that, don't play Mass Effect 3
This isn't Airplanes, if you want that, don't watch Ghostbusters 2016.
This isn't a Lamborghini, if you want that, don't drive a Winnebago.
This isn't a democracy, if you want that, don't live in Fascist Italy

And how exactly is this supposed to be a logical argument in favor of something? We're saying it's shit, and your refutation is that, "Well, watch something else!" If the show was, indeed, good, you could have pulled from a vast resource of positive attributes to defend yourself. But you didn't, instead, you admitted the show wasn't up to snuff, and to spend your time somewhere else. In fact, if you hadn't said you liked the show, I would've thought you disliked the show, honestly.

Do you guys enjoy gobbling down bait or something?

SU's not a good show.

But user you forgot that Jasper insulted Garnet's lesbian relationship! She truly is the devil

Was it rape?

Is the BDSM negotiable?

So what makes Kevin worse than Lapis and Peridot?

All Kevins are evil.

He didn't understand that no means no.

Also, he's guilty of having a penis.

He isn't except to dorks

It says a lot about the SU crew that Kevin's motivation was "just because he can" which means he's a dick with no reason to act like a dick. Like they can't fathom the mentality of a cocky dudebro at all.

No, Sadie and Lars ate a big donut.

Kevin being a dick just because, best answer.

It's going there, and it's your choice to jump off ship or stay until they hit an iceberg.

First two seasons were okay at best, but once the Fusion Dance episode came into play, things gotten more creepier and as the series go on with there blatant sexual/homo themes, you can't help but question on what the creators are fucking doing for a god damn kid show.

No, I feel the same way about it too. At first, gem fusion was just fusion two beings for a huge power boost, but now gem fusion is just the horizontal shuffle or scissors on top of scissors.

One, that's not even remotely how that meme is supposed to be structured.
Two, that doesn't change the fact that those two have committed atrocities that a regular douche like Kevin could never conceive of attempting, for similarly petty reasons
Three, "he's evil because he's evil because we don't want to put any sort of nuance of effort in this supposed obligate bad guy" is the mark of a failed hack of a writer.

I think they were trying to write him off as being needy and insecure, driven only by his revulsion of the idea that he would be rejected.
So basically, he's just a one-dimensional brand of stupid that can't recognize the concept of "No" for the sake of yet another lazy rape narrative.

When it comes to actual nuance, this show is paper thin.

Well, if that's the case, then why not have lessons on what to do in a mass-shooting scenario? Why not discuss Terrorism/suicide bombings and the dangers of Drug use and Cults? What if we talked about the starvation, plagues, droughts, and natural disasters killing hundreds of thousands every year?

If this show is -actually- for adults, why are we only talking about relationships and rape? Isnt there more to be aware of?

The lesson would be to keep guns out of the hands of minorities.

I hope this happens.

Because thats what SJWs want to hear about.

Its not for children or adults. Its for adult children that want shows to cater to them.

Kids don't care about boring romance shit. But because its LESBIAN Millenials go hogwild.

>>>/tumblr/

sauce nigro

It's like when people say "guns killed So many people last year!" but the statistic they used includes suicides.

how unfortunate

There could be so much more character development/action/etc if they covered more

But isn't using a gun one of the best ways to kill yourself?

I think the point is that removing guns would not prevent suicide in most cases. The person would just find another way.

This show is worse than just another SJW circlejerk, this show actively supports gay supremacy, misandry, and terrorism.

I once asked a friend of mine "Why don't we watch Steven Universe besides the butt-ugly designs which look like Adventure Time tried too hard? I've heard it's great for some reason."

And he said: "Because it's about stupid problems which we can't relate to."

I think that sums it up perfectly.

Partially, but it's also about keeping straight people down, making men hate themselves, and teaching children that destroying the world is okay if you're part of a protected group.

As I said, stupid problems which I can't relate to.
Here in Europe we're too busy with sandniggers, we don't have time for Americunt gender shit and forced heroism clichés.

This is shit that affects every country.

Bruh. The dune coons though.

It's not been posted yet, so I'll be the bearer of news:

toonzone.net/forums/threads/cartoon-network-august-2016-premiere-info.5556181/

Season 4 starts the week after season 3 ends. No break. Then it's back to weekly episodes.

But not as friggin hard.

Ghostbusters was still made by Hollywood….

Remember that thing about terrorism? That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Who cares how the agenda is spreading? What maters is that it should never spread.

To make that happen we'd have to burn all female humans and then fuck each other.

No thanks. I didn't chose Islam.

Or we could just stop SJWs from spreading their filth.

The ride never ends.

I want Steven to grow up and smoke weed.

Someone's already made the stoner hippy connection.

CN can you please stop splitting up season 2 and calling it different seasons? I mean if season 1 can be 40 episodes long then why the fuck can't season 2?

How about CN stop making Steven Universe?

How about you stop being such a fucking nigger and kill yourself?

The fuck do you mean, "stop being a nigger"? What does my view of their agenda have to do with my race?

Nigger says what?

Worst Steven by far

Drawfag, your Steven is shit. Go back to halfchan.

I'm not the drawfag I know know that Bara Steven is best Steven

non gay Bara dudes are pretty solid

jesus fuck how backed up did they have to be to have runny shit that was ready to be released all over everyone and suddenly release like 3+ full weeks of SU in one go

of course quality control is severely lacking for Su no shit, i mean with mlp least they take months in between stuff hell even mid season, but mlp is also making hasbro a shit ton of money now so i guess they can afford it while Su is under CN and their cheap ass beans and burritos just gonna keep having the shits every so and so

Even if you wanna completely misuse the term bara (it's like saying non-gay yaoi), then the hippy Steven is the bara one

ya it is making them money autistic faggots are "collecting" their shit in droves otherwise mlp would of been dead already and not making a full color horse movie coming out next year and a third fucking human movie sometime later this year

Some faggots don't have the balls to slit their wrists like someone with a real death wish.

So we've finally figured out how to kill Steven Universe threads…just bait as hard as you can.

Steven Universe and Adventure Time are rotting zombies. They can't march on forever. When these shitheads are faced with developing a fresh idea they are all going to have nervous breakdowns and the executives will clean-house. Hell the executives probably had this planned all along; refresh the industry, show the working plebs whos boss to give themselves more bargaining power to lower wages and live off the profits of I.P. in the short-term. Who needs fresh content when you control all the content anyway? It's not like these communist transfags are going to start their own company or move to a non-existent competitor.

A show about a multicultural group of brainwashed kids coming together to "save the Earth" from the myths of climate crisis, pollution, and whatever else the bought and paid for sciencecucks say to make you afraid and uncertain. They do this by using Talmudic magic to summon a faggot in tights.

Why the fuck would Holla Forums praise Captain Planet you brain-dead SJW retard?

Remember good goy, you don't need to cut back on industry that makes money for your masters, destroy your countries for our profits!

Honestly him giving it away cemented my hatred for this series.

Meh, thats totally because Stevonnie swordfighting, you know it.

Faggot said he wanted moral values in cartoons and let's be honest here, no fucking cartoon in the history of cartoons has been more preachy than Cap Planet.

Also it's called sarcasm asshole, I know Holla Forumsacks are dumb shits who can't tell the difference between actual SJW's and people who take the piss out of them but hey glad someone took the bait.

That's not happening. SU came from AT's corpse and the profits are driven to minimal because these hipsters are already scab workers in essence. As we see with mighty magiswords, they can just infinitely rip off 90's anime in the grinning potato style so originality need not apply for ideas.

If they can sell SU shirts at Hot Topic then this show will continue on for 10 plus seasons like AT.

This is the last straw. I'm done with this show.
Bismuth's design is SO FUCKING UGLY. It's like Tumblr incarnate.
And why did Steven ignore the mystery gem bubble in lion's mane for so long?

Holy shit, it does look like a tumblr fangem

best human

Sadie is everything the tumblr crowd says they hate about "nice guys" on top of being a borderline tsundere cunt. Lars may be a prick but the dude gets kidnapped and later has his body stolen in his sleep. If he never spoke to Steven or Sadie again he would be completely justified.

Fixed.

2000% improvement

It still looks like the fucking Joker.

There is not even SU toys shut the fuck UP! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, this is why America needs 10 more 9/11s!

most of that is probably covered up by the conspiracy that Dewey is a part of.

WHAT KIND OF ACCIDENT GIVES YOU 4 EXTRA ARMS?!

there were 2 other people in the car

That doesn't even begin to explain why a trained doctor would assume that a creature like that was human.

Why, I'm starting to think that some aspects of this show don't make any sense.

noo, that's ridiculous
this show is written to be perfectly realistic, why would you even get such an idea

Bismuth is so edgy.

Just because it's a horrifying amalgamation of limbs doesn't mean it's not human, you racist shitlord ??? wow?

Clearly, this show must have the DEEPEST LORE and we just don't understand their complex storytelling.

Okay
b.1339.cf/gidnbve.mp4
b.1339.cf/tdvqquo.mp4

Got the rest?

My Favorite is Scibble's version

I wish I saved it, but there was a fan design of adult Steven with big dreads, kind of like Rose's hair, and a strongfat build that actually looked really good.

pic unrelated.

I feel like Steven VS Amethyst is going to climax with Amethyst crying about how she thinks she's inferior to Steven and Connie's fighting skills but everyone comforts her and reassures her she's strong. yknow, bc muh feelingz and shit

Holy shit. They did it… they finally fucking did it. After 90+ episodes Steven is actually training. I can't fucking believe it.

I hope it's not that kind of episode. Amethyst and Ruby are technically the only gems in the team who were made for combat. It would be nice to see her treated like she's actually a part of the team, instead of just making Pearl amazing at everything, even though it's been hammered over and over that she's not meant to be a fighter.

That's the original comic. It came before the meme.

1: She got her MD in India

2: She filled a diversity quota at the hospital.

DEEPEST LORE

that actually makes perfect sense

Only for it to turn out Stevonnie got the victory instead.

To be fair, Connie is training with Steven. I hate the little rolo but the concept of Steven having a partner that he fuses with to become a super hero is neat.

Also, I shit on this show a lot for bad writing and a stupid agenda, but something just occurred to me that I thought was really cool.

Sometimes defeated/poofed gems will reform and mature. Changing their outward appearance to reflect inner development. I have always taken that word literally in a scientific sense; "reforming" matter. Returning to a form. I forgot that we also use reform to mean changed. As in "Forgive me baby, I'm a different man now, I've REFORMED." I have to admit that is conceptually very cool.

Good thing they didn't taint this character design.

Or this.

A character like that could never work in SU because it is too whimsical and difficult to draw. Even if they simplified the design a bit it would still be so different from the other characters that it would be jarring. This ugly gorilla design is non-threatening so landwhales won't have to feel bad comparing themselves to a cute imaginary character.

Look like weeb bait design that don't belong in SU.

how the fuck is it that a literal tumblr gemsona looks less like a tumblr gemsona than the canon character

Come to think of it, even if they dumbed the design down to fit the style, people would still be triggered over it's beauty.

Well, obviously it doesn't– It comes from a /tg/ thread. For some fucking reason, jewgle search lists it as "steven universe lapis and peridot". Damned if I know.

Go fuck yourself Rebecca.

Tch

Tell me, it was worse than Adventure Time's attempt at Evangelion ?

Look how straight and flat her teeth are. It's like she revved up a grinder and shoved it in her mouth.

How the fuck does she eat meat? She has no canines to speak of.

"Hahaha, anime amirite?!"

this woman has found one neat trick to eating meat without canines
find out in the spoiler below
she cooks her mean and does not eat it raw for fucks sake

Connie doesn't seem to be in that episode

Why doesn't Rebecca just make a Japanese comic instead? Why doesn't she just make her version of Scott Pilgrim? This is what it is feeling like. It's like she doesn't want to make anything original. She just want to take parts and pieces from Japanese cartoons and Comics and make it her own. Hell even the title of the episode made me wanna hurl. But the problem is that the references are so obvious that it just makes her look incredibly lazy. Also do these recent creators now a days read anything else that isn't from the Groious Nippon? I know that the Japanese comic style was popular in the 90's, but c'mon! Get influences from somewhere else!

But no, no! Continue creating your generic bland tumblr emotional roller-coaster of shit and someday you will be relevant.

I'm not sure what you meat by that.

Carlos found a way to get (you)s using this one weird trick. Mouse over to find out how he did it!

I canine believe you are reading this

I will find you and kill you in your sleep I swear on my grandmother's grave

A friend of mine has teeth like that, turns out they needed to be ground down because they were getting too long, or something like that.

Didn't Pearl technically get addicted when her and garnet kept fusing to break down a radio tower or something?

Not to mention how emotional Amethyst got over fusing/not fusing with Garnet.

Oh yeah, that too. I doubt it's a reason why gems become corrupted though. Didn't the latest centebettle episode tell us that earth got nagasakied for an attempt to wipe out the ground forces? Are they implying that was the cause of corruption?

Wait, where did you get the corruption thing from? It's pretty evident that the Diamonds hit the Earth with a big blast that corrupted a shit ton of gems and not many survived.

It's because they legitimately do not understand the difference between reference and homage.

Woah woah! Easy there big guy.

I don't want any hard fillings between us, though tooth be told your grandmas dentures could not get through my tough meat. Your granny was the apple of my eyetooth. She kept the doctor away but she had me coming every day. You see where I'm going with this?

I'm saying that there may be another thing at play here. Have you ever played Lisa the painful rpg?
HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD LIKE HOLY FUCK
Well… There is an item called "Joy", a highly addictive drug which fully heals you and makes every attack crit. Though through the story, people who use joy are said to start acting on their deepest desires. This is shown near the end where the main character Brad who has taken joy against his will, who attacks and brutally murders his abusive dad when he finds him randomly. If that wasn't enough, people who take joy eventually turn into deformed monsters that reflect on what they have become.
END OF SPOILERS LIKE HOLY FUCK
Now take what I said and apply it here. You see how Jasper, Pearl, and Amethyst were affected by fusing and then being rejected. And with Jasper's case, she's pretty much addicted to fusion at this point. Almost like Joy! This can't be the only thing that is negative about fusion. This has to go deeper.

Lisa the Painful was great, but I think you're off the mark.

Jasper had never fused with anyone before.. For thousands of years of existence. Never once did she have anything resembling a mutual relationship with someone. And then she fused with Lapis and essentially had a relationship that was based entirely on wild, passionate, exhausting hatefucking.

She never had anything like it before and she wants more because it's the best (and only) kind of relationship she's ever had.

So you're saying Steven needs to fuck fuse with her and show her what a real gem is like?

Heh, never looked at it like that.

Could be. Let's not pretend that fusion isn't a huge deal in the greater plot at work here.

Between the cluster, Stevonnie, Homeworld's unethical fusion experiments, and all that other shit, it's pretty safe to assume that we might see the Jasper arc resolve by fusion.

Maybe Steven will do it, but it will probably be Lapis, who will take responsibility and own up to her mistakes. She fuses with Jasper and they make a more balanced Malachite, and in the process, they both understand each other a bit better.

Would be especially interesting if Steven fused with Yellow Diamond to end their conflict and make her understand why Earth and life is important.

Those first two pictures are from Crack the Whip not Steven vs Amethyst.

All this series does is make me wanna watch Angel Cop.

I think it's more like a co-dependent relationship. Which gets a little odd because Ruby and Sapphire are unhealthily co-dependent by human standards, but that works in their favour as Gems for an extremely stable and effective fusion, which has the strengths of both and the weaknesses of neither.

Pearl is very dependent on others to give her worth, mainly Rose, and she's somewhat latched onto Garnet after Rose's passing. (and possibly Steven in a different way, given how protective she is of him. Rose didn't really need protecting, but Steven does) And see above; fusions have the strengths of all participants, and being Sardonyx gives Pearl a feeling of confidence and power that she lacks on her own.

Lapis doesn't really have much reason to fuse with Jasper or anyone anymore; she doesn't need the power boost when she's on Earth and can use 2/3rds of the planet's surface as a weapon, and she's having enough trouble working out her own issues without compounding someone else's, as a fair few of her episodes show.

There seems to be more to Jasper than has been shown, I don't know about making predictions just based on what we've seen so far.

I don't think they're too worried about triggering landwhales given Pearl is stick-thin and has human admirers.

Pearl still has a huge flaw that makes her unconventional in the looks department. Shorten her nose and I guarantee you'd see tumblr posts all over about how sexist she is.

There's Lapis too who is a very conventional cute girl

Shut up, you're a very conventional cute girl.

thank you?

Ehh, without it she'd basically be an Adventure Time talking spoon. It's one of her charm points.

Maybe if she looked more like an actual person it'd work. But maybe if ANYONE in this show looked more like a human it'd work.

Like you can't even say it's because they're aliens or whatever. Every human woman is either a walking spoon or a walking brick.

That's because if they made women look like women in this show it'd lose it's primary demographic.

Boys who like tonka trucks?

don't talk shit about tonka trucks, alright?
I'm serious here

I'm extremely conflicted. The show is utter shit and they managed to shit out a character I want to hug and protect goddamn bug waifu. I don't even watch the show and every time I see a picture of her my heart breaks into pieces.

is it the plush alien?
also did you actually watch the show, or are you just judging based on common opinions?
If the latter, give it a shot, if all goes well, it will ruin your opinion of that character

Not really. My post got mangled up and should have been shit out a goddamn bug waifu.
Maybe utter shit was a bit harsh. I haven't watched the show in perhaps a year.

ah yes.
She's always been perfect

I had to make do with Nylint when I was a kid. Parents had to reinforce it with a block of wood because I'd ride it around.

Beautiful.

Didn't realise that technically Peridot made crop circles.

New ep, Jasper is up to something.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say she's going to try fusing with the corrupted, or making the corrupted fuse with each other to create a better monster. Someone pointed out the two gems were types of jasper, so take that as you may.

Well, that's disturbing on numerous levels. If the gem shard fusion experiments are necromantic necrophilia, this is equivalent to molesting the brain damaged.

Sugar is an attention whore.

Where the fuck have you been?

I thought she just read reports on gem shard fusion?
Also she forcibly extracted information from lapis.

She did only read reports. She was made long after the crystal gem rebellion.

So seeing how quickly Amethyst regenerates, I wonder if that's partially because she's a defect Jasper. She gets quicker regen time but is weaker and easier to poof than most gems.

femifats btfo

Possibly but she's not a "defect Jasper", she's just a defect Amethyst

It's probably because she's shit, overall. She's shit, Pearl is shit, Ruby is shit, Sapphire is shit. Truly fusion is the only way these dumb bitches can get their shit together.

The new episode makes me wonder what would happen if it was Peridot instead of Jasper commanding the new army. I'm okay with her redemption but I thought it would be interesting if Peridot was revealed to not be some mere technician and was actually some ambitious mad scientist that wanted to kickstart another gem war for science.

Would be something if it's revealed there's a technician gem like another Peridot that's secretly commanding Jasper.

Wait, why does Jasper want to make an army of gems she can barely control?

Jasper probably thinks she can control them, even if she really can't. She's gone off the deep end since getting unfused with Lapis.

Because Jasper seemingly got over her fusion addiction and is now trying to make her own army, with blackjack and hookers.

But that doesn't make any sense.

considering those are most likely other corrupted Quartz warriors, maybe she has some degree of control over them, even through sheer "loyalty".
After all, centipeetles still cared about and recognized each other even though they were deeply corrupted.

This is Steven Universe, it's not supposed to make sense.

I know. Like you'd think from the leaks with Jasper and the gems, that she would be trying to fuse with them showing how off the rocker she is. But no, she's building an army because she's the bad guy.

Maybe… They gave us Alone at sea too early.

Like, they are so stupid they confused the order of the episodes, they just wanted to put a Lapiz episode because somehow everyone loves Lapiz.

She is a defective Quartz. Jasper is a Quartz so is Amethyst

Dunno why we're bothering with spoilers. But Quartz type Gems are basically the Space Marines of gems; they're meant to be huge, stronk and in leadership roles. Jasper is what Amethyst was meant to be, and Rose Quartz was, of course, a Quartz as well.

I have to admit, that was the most immensely satisfying few minutes of television I've seen in months, maybe even years. I know they're going to spin it as Amethyst needing to feel validated but for a brief minute, reality asserted itself. The lazy slacker who eats donuts got her shit wrecked by a powerhouse who's actually proactive and does shit.

Space marines aren't leaders and there are literally one million of them at any given time. Space marines look tough but they're basically treated as slightly above average in the grand scheme. In SM armies the default space marine isn't actually worth overmuch since they come in packs of ten and are easily killed by anything that's not a grot.

By the same token Jaspers clearly aren't in charge. Diamonds are. Rose was in charge but as a rebel. A better metaphor is that Jasper is basically a monster of the weak in a sentai show and Rubies are just the cheap little minion dudes that look menacing but never do damage, but then combine together to form a big version to fight in the robot.

The only problem is the crystal gems are so incompetent it takes them an entire fucking year to fight the kind of monster most heroes deal with in literally a day. In any other show instead of basically just now training onscreen Steven would be working until he's bleeding and bruised to unlock a new level or weapon or what have you and then he'd secure the victory. But here he slacked off so much, up to and including at the last minute, that he's visibly terrified when Jasper, literally the only serious enemy he's ever had, so much as glances in his direction. If it weren't for him fusing with a weaker human somehow giving him the strength he should have at default from training(that is to say, using a sword that should be HIS) he'd have been dead in the water.

In all honesty, he should've lost even then. Jasper just lost all of her experience and reflexes because there wasn't enough run time the plot said so.

You sound mad that the show isn't adhering strictly to the right set of cliches. If I wanted to watch DBZ I'd watch DBZ.

The only people who I find to be funnier than the ones hating the show despite not watching it, are the ones who pick on the tiny character choices and treat them like show-ruining catastrophes.

I want Jasper to pound me.

working on more of her

As opposed to a show that apes literally every anime it can whenever it can?

You can't claim a show is somehow different and above cliche when it hugs cliche at every opportunity, without understanding why those story elements became common to begin with.

Crack the Whip was kinda dumb.

Why are the writers preaching about the importance of hard work now? They spent the past ~2.5 seasons on characters that are too busy crying and having catfights to get shit done until the last second. Is it just lip service before they jerk themselves off over "love" and fusion again?