Shazam! the Power of Hope

Hey Holla Forumsmpadres since I am bored and my other DC thread is dead till next week and in a good mood because my college program is over I thought I would story time Shazam so I hope you enjoy one of my favourite DC stories and besides Holla Forums needs a little bit of hope for the future

Here is the first superdad thread

And here is where superman continues and the rest of DC rebirth

Written by Paul Dini and Alex Ross
Art by Alex ross

Never liked Shazam.

stick around you may like this

And thus ends the story please post what you think about it.

I liked it, and It brought a tear to my eye.

same here first time I read it user, DC has such a rich collection of characters it's shame they lost their way, but at least they are making a attempt to come back to it.

Standard story, but I liked it. Captain Marvel is my favorite character, but I've only really been exposed to him through JLU and Young Justice. Are there any stories that spend more time dwelling on the fact that he's a kid?

Beautiful art.

Alex Ross's art is always a treat

This is a good one.

I have yet to read that one but Ill do it tonight then story time it unless someone else wants to.

It's sad that the treasury format isn't a thing anymore. Some comics benefit from a larger print size.

He asks if the wizard is god in their first meeting. Definitely something a kid would ask.

I also felt that way. It's not only something that reminds me why I read comics, it reminds me why I want OTHERS to read comics. Because these characters can be amazingly uplifting, and sometimes that's all you really want from a book. There are reasons these characters have endured for so long, and will continue to do so.

He lost on purpose.

WW:You could not know, but an Amazon such as I must conquer her mate in battle first.

CM:I could know– thanks to the Wisdom of Soloman!

Soloman:Way to go, son. (thumbs up)

He threw the match dumbass.

Read the fucking shit you complain about.

bretty gud

The first thing I thought after I first read this story was to give it to someone else to read it, there is something about this story that really captures the essence of what made superheros great and spoiler it is not massive punch ups or massive events every 6 months, it's all about engaging human stories and what it means to be good or a hero, though I like a good punch up and dark superhero comics, modern comics really seem to have forgotten what makes these characters special and it is nice to see DC start to correct this a go back to the more light hearted tone and heroic tone now.

Nice pic user

where was Billy for Harambe?

Bretty good thread.

Great contributions from almost all anons.

I'm a #CaptainMarvelMissileNow

This guys art has always kinda creeped me out for some reason

Fuck yah a shazam comic, I am going to be on later to get it

Ross is GOAT, even early on before he took off.

If that's what it takes to organize something with her, you'd wonder why she doesn't have more people coming after her on a regular basis.

It's because they don't have the wisdom of Solomon user

Thanks for the story time OP, that was pretty good. Halfway through I wonder why we can't have other heroes in situations like this more often.

is it all traced from photos?

Ross does tend to use models that he photographs as reference, though there is some changes made when needed. I read an interview where Bruce Timm talked about wishing he'd toss the camera aside, because Ross does know everything that more stylized artists know about emphasizing things and Kirby style perspective. But, at least at the time, Ross was pretty happy using photo reference.

eh… so long as he owns the photos and is open about it, unlike the nips

So Ross really does draw it all? I just find it hard to believe, maybe I have spent too much time looking at other artists. Guys like Ross seem to stand head and shoulders above other guys in terms of quality, or maybe I am just cynical.

I don't mind when artists use photography, after all it is an art itself.
It's when they use other peoples photographs from google to trace from like Greg Land

and wonder woman doesn't know he has the strength of hercules?

Yeah, he's an amazing artist. But that's also a benefit of him being able to have a longer schedule between projects, a lot of art from other artists would be MUCH better with more time to work.

Is she was in the mood, maybe she was focused on his other attributes.