Where were you when Marvel comics died a slow and violent death?

Where were you when Marvel comics died a slow and violent death?

In front of my computer.

time travelling

I didn't think there would be any disgust left.

So Mole Man is a Feminist Ally?

It was already dead, hon. Now it's just a zombie who keeps pretending and trying to convince people that it's still alive.

I don't see nothing wrong with this. Can somebody tell me what is the problem?

It's an overused internet meme that hasn't been funny since well ever.

I literally get more joy from cleaning the nasty bathrooms at work than from reading modern capeshit. At least when I clean I accomplish something and make the place nicer, even it only stays clean a few minutes.

You also get paid for it, too.

Is it any wonder Marvel studios keeps distancing itself?

You mean the same Marvel Studios that allowed Amy Pascal to fuck up their Spiderman movie?

That is a plus, yes

i believe i wasnt born yet

Memes were a mistake

Well, it is Sony's money. I don't know why they let Pascal touch anything, since she's box office poison, but if this fails the Spiderman movie franchise is DEAD, and Marvel still gets to sell a shit ton of toys. It's not optimal, but they lose far less than Sony (who is insane if they let Pascal touch one of the only viable franchises they have going for them).

When will Disney just buy Sony? Then you can buy a Disney Playstation 5.

Capeshit gonna capeshit.

They've truly become a parody of themselves with this. This seems like it will be as bad as the Lookers reboot.

I can't help but laugh at this because it just seems like a match made in Heaven (Or Hell if you prefer.) Mole Man as a beta mangina white knight who falls in love with Squirrel Girl who is the comic book personification of every special snowflake SJW tumblrista in existence.

And the best part? They fail to see the irony of all of this.

IKR?

Japanese company

Why would Disney buy Sony? Firstly, aside from Spider-Man Sony Pictures have few properties that Disney, or indeed any sane company, would want to buy. Secondly, Sony's not going to sell their Computer Entertainment division when it's the only thing making them any goddamn money.

The only good thing Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has done is get her first appearance and stories alongside the Great Lakes gang collected.

The media industries are slowly figuring out how to troll for cash.

Fun fact. The original fedora meme guy commited sucide.

Really? Source

They've always trolled for cash. It's actually less effective now than it's ever been before

I'm seriously getting sick and tired of this mentality of "Let's piss off the hardcore fans" because Marvel has failed to bring in new readers with their SJW pandering bullshit.

It's kind of funny how the only people who got mad about that weren't hardcore fans. We're used to this shit, they've been doing big reveals like that forever.

He didn't. I checked.

Marvel actually sold the Cap Hydra issue pretty well due to its controversy, nearly over 100k copies. It was still on fifth place, behind DC Rebirth, but there are still mouth-breathing retards with that will drop money on things they know they will despise, but have no principles.

Triggered trilby-wearer detected

It's kind of weird in that it feels like Marvel is really trying to replace their core crowd (or at the very least, their focus) with hipsters, SJWs and feminists. Like, Marvel has always been known for creating controversy for cash but recently, it feels like a lot of their staff actively hate their core audience.

They still give Bendis work and all the new writers are hipster cunts.

I'm honestly shocked they can even sell comics at this point.

That's always been their mentality, at least since the 90s.

You think they'll ever accept that all the goony fedora-tippers are on the feminist/SJW side?

It's always kind of surreal to see this shit because it shows just how disconnected from reality these people are.

The feminist kicks and screams about all the beardy, goony, misogynerd dudebros (how someone can be a nerd and a dudebro, I'll never know) and how they ruin everything and how women don't feel safe in the hobby and all this stupid shit..

And then the people who those comments are aimed directly at. The core audience and majority members of the hobby who are being attacked, move alongside the feminists and cry with them about how they can't believe that such monsters even exist in their hobby.

probably because they all work for next to nothing and are more interested in pushing propaganda.

it's not a violent death bruh. It's a slow decaying disease like cancer.

Iger apparently told Marvel they would buy Sony if given the opportunity

No.

It's because Sony couldn't completely fire her after the hack

why would you do this user

Thats what I was about to bring up. Feminists are always ranting about fedora tipping goony bearded beta numales, thinking that they're the ones who are GatorGoobers, the people talking shit on the new Ghostbusters, etc. But goony bearded beta numales are actually on their side, they're the ones who white knight them online. It really goes to show that they don't acknowledge the existence of their white knights. And whenever fedora tipping goony bearded beta numales portray ebil mysoginerd strawman characters as fedora tipping goony bearded beta numales, guess why they do that? They're projecting.

Whats great about all of this though is that they're basically undoing the damage that 2007 caused. The more this shit happens (GamerGate, people disliking Ghostbusters, etc.) the more these people hate nerds and the more they go out of their way to try to make nerds look bad. Being a nerd is becoming something that once again is no longer cool. These anti-nerd SJWs work in nerdy industries but bash nerds, so they'll start looking bad themselves and become associated with these "mysoginerd shitlords" since they work in said nerdy industries.