Watched Starship Troopers recently, user?

Watched Starship Troopers recently, user?

redlettermedia.com/starship-troopers-review/

Other urls found in this thread:

kentaurus.com/troopers.htm
kentaurus.com/troopleter.htm
kentaurus.com/troopers.htm#misperceptions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PLEB

REDDIT

MEMEIA

I enjoy that movie

Pass.

KIKE CUCKLASA

OY OY OY

Wasn't the director a huge communist faggot who didn't read the book all the way through because he thought it was depressing so he made a parody out of it.

I hope one day someone will make a straight adaptation, without the satire.

They will. Except in the real world where commies will play bugs.

man back when dougie wasn't known to be a faggot. times sure were better. wonder how hard his parents pimped his ass for him to turn gay

wait mike is saying theyre brainwashed but everything we see of their society it's fucking beautiful and great. literally have to fight against a bug civilization due to them getting asteroid'd

Now that RLM has gone off the political deepend, where do we alt-righters go for youtube filme reviews?

Our guys at Channel Alt-some.

Some of us never drank the RLM kool-aid, Reddit.

alt-reddit clintrumps are the minority here, goon

e;r dude

in the book it's made clear that the Bug War was manufactured like all wars, and it's only "necessary" b/c any fascist society, no matter how orderly it seems, will turn on itself without some external threat. both the bugs & humans are wasting resources when they could be cooperating.

Kys E;R

Yes. It went something like this:
This also happened with RoboCop and Total Recall. He keeps making movies saracastically, his fellow libs can't pick up on it, and actual Nazis enjoy it post-ironically.

I haven't read the book in decades. Is this really true?

Yeah, it's one of the finest pieces of film satire ever made.

The studio had a script already made and someone thought it bore a similar enough resemblance to Starship Troopers that they just renamed it and replaced the characters.

No. user is a lying communist sympathizing faggot.

These can't both be true.

Hes right though
Starship Troopers is a great action movie and a great satire that has nothing to do with the source material.

fascists btfo

The only thing you have to back this up is a sentence or two he gave in one interview. You really expect a dutchman making pro-white kino to give some clapistani hack an honest answer?

One of the better reviews they've done lately. Just mike and jay without much auxiliary bullshit.

I really don't care that I have to view Verhoeven flicks "post-ironically" to enjoy them. The A E S T H E T I C is perfekkkt regardless of the intention. This is probably one of the only instances where I'll defend that "death of the author" shit.

Stop lying, you faggot.

What a load of bullshit
Kil yourself

It's the worst example of satire. Verhoeven completely failed. The worst thing he could say about Heinlein's veteran suffrage was that they dressed like Nazis. Since the Nazis were excellent dressers, that’s not much of an insult. Even gay Doogie Howser looked cool in a trench coat. Verhoeven tried to insult a society lead by veterans, but only showed that their system was superior to ours in every way possible.

I assume Mike hasn't seen DS9 since that's the Star Trek with the strongest parallels to Starship Troopers.

The irony being that StarTroopers universe is more realistic than the Star Trek since Star Trek's society literally only exists because they invented magic boxes that can create anything and everything out of nothing.

It's failed satire, the target audience didn't understand it, the movie flopped and it became a post ironic classic for what it was satirizing.

Think of Robocop, it was satirizing 80's American business men and it succeeded in doing that, the movie was a hit and no one thinks OCP were the heroes of the movie.

Name another reviewer who names the jew and i will glady go watch them.

Especially if it's more thought out and not so memey.

In DS9 the Star Trek universe goes Starship Troopers and the Star Trek Federation doesn't come out of it looking good. The Libtard DS9 writers wanted to edge things up but in the end they created a pretty much unironic Starship Troopers without realizing it.

Tbh I dont know why anyone ever liked RLM, they are retarded.

Accurate review, didn't really make me think of anything I hadn't already. I respect Mike a bit more now if that's actually his favorite movie. Jay's is probably some hipster indie crap.

I remember when the movie came out I was in like 8th grade, and stupidly I passed it up entirely. I guess it was just the marketing. I remember an english teacher was obsessed with it and put posters up all over his class. After a few months positive buzz started circulating, not the politics of it exactly, but basically "Dude, it's like Robocop with the funny news segments."

I finally rented it, at that point I'd still never even heard of the book. I just thought it was fun. I loved all of the actors, everyone had great dialog. I felt the situation with Denise Richards was kind of bittersweet, because on the one hand she was a vapid, disloyal cunt, but on the other hand she was way hotter than Dizzy who while devoted had stunningly horrible tits.

…I kind of looked at it as a depressingly realistic depiction of relationships. You want the 10, but you start out with like a 6, and she's a good girl but realistically she's just practice for you so you're kind of an asshole yourself, and then you're able to get with the 10 but because emotionally she's a zero and you're not getting that same emotional connection the relationship is still doomed to fail, but it still counts as a net victory because you're fucking the 10. They'll likely drift apart as they're given different assignments and Rico will end up with a nice 7 or 8.

When I finally read the book it made me feel conflicted. I still like the movie, but it's no where near as good as the book. A lot of the same scenes occur, but there's a point to them. The classroom scenes aren't just propaganda, he passionately argues why society needs things like the death penalty, how in their world this came after centuries of living in an idealized Star Trek sort of society and watching the spoiled youth terrorize society. He gave this analogy to training a dog. Is it right to kill a dog who's never been trained when it shits in a house?

The scene where he sees the vet missing his limbs, IIRC, the book takes up like a whole chapter with scenes like this, but we meet that same soldier later walking around on badass robot legs and he explains that they put him there in the recruitment office to scare off pussies. That until you're in they try to horrify and scare off applicants and tell them as many times as they can "up to this point you can back out with no penalty or repercussion" and give statistics on how many soldiers go awol.

The technology is way more impressive in the book as well. They're wearing mech suits, have undergone advanced hypnosis and get injections that are like a combination steroid, adrenaline and caffeine. There are special platoons of soldiers who have their minds psychically linked to dogs, mostly for tracking. I highly recommend the book. Especially if you want to hear a genuine, thought-provoking argument for the kind of world it's set in.

And they're right about the third film being the only other one that kind of recaptures some of the same spirit. The special effects suck, but the script is very similar. I caught the ending of it flipping channels one day and it was great. It was essentially a religious propaganda film. Jolene Blalock decide at the end after Rico saves them and appears to her as an angel "I found religion, I got it bad!" they don't name the religion, they just collectively refer to it as "religion". then there's a really great propaganda reel that starts with "With new breakthroughs in the field, the scientists agree: God is real, and he wants us to win!" Then we see a line of protestors before a firing squad and are told "another round of 'peace' terrorists have been rooted out and executed." The rest pretty much echoes the first film with the "Join us!" stuff.

All that said, I think Mike and Rich are taking the movie too seriously. I never found it depressing. I mean, the bugs are trying to blow up the Earth. And even if they are sentient, I say kill 'em all!

I like how it's never established anywhere in the movie that the arachnids actually have the ability to launch an asteroid across the galaxy and somehow impact the Earth without the federation noticing it. Buenos Aires was an inside job.

He has, he referenced the episode with the shrunken shuttlecraft in the Ant-Man Half in the Bag.

It doesn't go quite that far. In the end the aliens still say The Federation is better than any of the alternatives, because at the end of the day they're nice people with vices. The scene between Quark and Garak is probably the best in the entire series.

That said, the series does routinely critique the Federation, and shows that it's no where near as perfect as it claims. First there's an episode where Jake is trying to buy a baseball card for his dad at auction. He doesn't understand money, and doesn't have any. He demands Nog give him his, Nog refuses. "I don't understand how your society can function without it." "We've just evolved beyond the need for it." "Well then, if you don't need money, then you certainly don't need MINE."

Then the existence of Section 31 is revealed, essentially the Federation's spy and assassination branch. They track and abduct people, kill people, fix issues and officially they do not exist.

Then once the war gets started how fragile the facade of peace truly is, is revealed. Several admirals fake a Changeling attack on Earth as a prelude to justify a military coup.

Later on in another of everyone's favorite episodes from the show, Sisko hires Garak, a former Cardassian spy and assassin to fake a data crystal to give to the Romulans in order to convince them the Dominion intends to kill them. However, what starts as a little white lie quickly gets a lot messier. Garak murders the forger they hired to make the crystal so he can't talk. The Romulan is easily able to figure out "It's a faaaaaake!" but shortly after getting on his ship to report this to his government, his whole ship explodes. Garak planned this too. So in the end the Romulans do join the war under false pretenses and after numerous people were murdered to facilitate it, and Sisko decides he can live with that.

There's another episode about an idealistic crew of cadets who take over a ship when their adult captain dies and pretty much get themselves killed wanting to show they're just as good as the adults.

DS9 easily had some of the best writing of all the series.

Are you suggesting bug shit can't melt steel beams?

That is established in the movie, they even somewhat describe the Bug colonizing process, the two retards left that out so they could hold their rethoric together, the Bugs even colonize the surrounding Planets of Klendathu and thats where most of the movie takes place as the Federation wants a foothold.

They must of fucking read a Wiki page or something.

one of my favorite movies tbqh

Yeah but Klendathu is where the Federation says the asteroid attacks come from which is on the other side of the galaxy. The asteroids would have to traveling at such a speed that for it to be an intentional attack on Earth it would blow up the entire planet. And the Federation also states it has an anti-Asteroid laser system to take out incoming asteroids.

So the asteroid that hit Buenos Aires didn't have anything to do with the bugs and the Federation let it bypass their laser system to hit the city.

That is true

What's star troopers?

An actual good movie unlike 90% of what came from Jaoan during the 90s.

as it should be.

Be wary of thinking further into something than the creators did.
There's a solid chance that the attack on Buenos Aires was carried over from the book directly simply because the writers didn't understand or consider how space travel works.
Note how when a federation spaceship crashes into the asteroid, how slowly it is traveling.
How long do you think it would take to reach earth and how would the government hide it from the media that they'd detected it weeks before it reached Earth?

Funny considering the Japs made a better anime adaptation than the film in the 80's.

"Brainwash" this, "brainwash" that. They completely failed to refute one word the teacher said. Who is the one that is really brainwashed? Heinlein made his argument. Those youtubers had none whatsoever.

Argentina is white.

Holla Forums, just go back to reading Das Kapital, you're clearly illiterate.

Nowhere in the book does it say this. In fact, Rico specifically says the war is one of genocide. Whoever wins will wipe out the other species and rule the galaxy.

The Federation is not fascist. You didn't even read the book, did you?

How exactly was it similar?

RRREEEEEEEEEEE

Are you fucking retarded or something? The MI are called apes because the armor makes them look like gorillas, slouched and with elongated front limbs (likely due to weapon mounts).

The anime is likely the most faithful depiction of what the armor is supposed to look like we have.

Kill yourself.

you're just a fucking lemming. destiny is shit therefore even the visual design is shit because 8ch said so lel

Cucks belong on Holla Forums.

didn't pay for it
didn't fall for the hype

good try, lemming

If you can't tell the difference between something like mecha and pic related, that's your problem.
Besides, even small mecha would have been preferable to downgrading the MI into a bunch of mooks with flak jackets and assault rifles.

Also:

kentaurus.com/troopers.htm

kentaurus.com/troopleter.htm

>>>/suicide/

Fucking what? Any poltards here care to explain what the logic behind this claim is, how is fascism somehow not more morally relativist than current society?

id rather just call you a whiny faggot tbh

What's going on in the third panel exactly?
What's the transition that causes trump the nigga to go shieeeet in this scenario?
This picture doesn't work I need more information here.

He gets crowned as the king of good goys.

10/10

It had space bugs and the politics were a decent enough fit. It was mostly the bugs.

Keep in mind that this movie was smuggled through production as a big dumb blockbuster action movie, and not as satire. The superficial layer was tweaked based on audience reactions and I think the actors weren't properly aware of what the movie was trying to do. Verhoeven says he only managed to get away with it because Sony's upper management was going through so much trouble that nobody was paying a lot of attention to what he was doing. Buying up an existing franchise to tie it to the movie fits fine with that.

Starship Troopers is essentially a a movie for everyone in that it can be enjoyed as a dumb action flick, as a satire of fascism by lefties, and "postironically" as others have said by modern day rightwingers. So regardless of director's intent, it has somehow found a spot endearing it to almost everyone.

It's hard to say what verhoeven was going for. I had also heard of , and given Hollywood's typical understanding of science it is impossible to say whether the Bug attack was genuine but poorly represented or an inside job as (this also gives it another angle of enjoyment). Did the artists/producers really know the scale of the map they were using to show Klendathu and Earth's positions in our galaxy? They were probably told just to "Make a map of the galaxy, and make it so our dumb audience can understand." And you would be hard pressed to determine whether this was intentional, or to justify it by saying it's for the federation audience, or typical Hollywood idiocy. Same can be said for the Bug representation and how it differs from the book. Either way it's a lot of coincidences for this film to come out the way it did.

I love both book and movie, but the similarities are all superficial at best. The space bugs are completely different from book to film. The book bugs have guns and spaceships, enough said. The brainbug is similar between mediums though.

The politics of book and film are tangentially similar in words, but in theme and practice they're completely different. The closest it gets is quoting the book verbatim when Raszack is lecturing the class on the difference between citizens and civilians. When Rico goes to sign up in the book, the recruiter actively discourages him from enlisting. In the movie, Rico gets stamped and cleared with a smile and "fresh meat for the grinder." I long for the day that (((Hollywood))) gets subverted by someone with the drive to portray Heinlein's Federation as intended.

adding to my point about the differences in practice.

Sky Marshal Dienes in the film steps down after the first Kelndathu battle. In the book, Dienes is the general leading the Klendahu attack. He dies in the battle leading the counteroffensive to get mobile infantry soldiers off of the planet. Rico and Rascazk's "Everyone fights, no one quits" in the book is a literal part of this society that the movie doesn't get because there is a point at which the Sky Marshal stops being a citizen soldier fighting in the best interest of the Federation along with every other citizen and becomes a politician chucking soldiers to their deaths.

That's not a recruiter but a clerk doing some unspecified administrative task. By the time he gets there he already took an oath. The clerk seems bitter enough to discourage him if he actually were a recruiter.

It's true that the movie doesn't accurately portray the elements of the book. It isn't trying to.

I suppose you're correct that he's a menial clerk. It doesn't change that the character's amputations are lifted directly from a recruiter character in the book, and that character makes it a point for Rico to understand that it's his job to be a freakshow to scare away pussy civilians who aren't willing to sacrifice and don't have what it takes to be citizens.
You're right, the points being made are countering user(s) in this thread who believe that the movie and book are more similar than they really are (that being not very much at all).

Shit memes, shit attempt at concensus cracking. Take this scrubaroni with cheese somewhere without taste, like reddit. I hope you faggots never learn from your mistakes.

It has been a long time since I watched the fucking movie, but at no point I got the impression that the humans were supposed to be seen as anything other in the right.

They aren't wrong in the movie or book. Just oppressive.

Yeah, to fucking bugs that drop fucking meteors from the other side of the fucking galaxy. Get the fuck out of here dude, you obvi don't belong.

It's a militaristic dictatorship without freedom of speech, a limited freedom to vote and state controlled media.
I'm not even arguin that any of that is literally Hitler or makes them the bad guys.
Just stating the obvious. If that alone triggers you, you must be extremely insecure in your beliefs buddy.

Nowhere in the book is freedom of speech denied (nor the movie for that matter). In the book, the Doctor commissioned by the Federation that does Rico's physical open states that he'd rather see a society where medical men are in charge instead of soldiers without repercussions. Rico's family was able to accrue wealth through business without citizenship and the privileges of suffrage.

Furthermore, in the book military service is one of many avenues through which civilians may serve the Federation to become citizens. The only way the Federation can turn away a civilian from applying for citizenship is if they are found mentally incapable of understanding the oath. The example is given of a blind, crippled man being tasked with counting the hairs on a caterpillar by touch or something equally tedious for the duration of their service to earn suffrage.

Heinlein's Federation is probably the most ideal government ever conceived in which the people with suffrage are the individuals who are willing to sacrifice for the state. Civilians rights aren't infringed upon, they just don't get to influence government.

>A world where citizenship is EARNED through SACRIFICE FOR ONE'S NATION, not a """birthright""" or earned through actual nepotism.

There's so much tryhard in your post its almost sad. Please stop, you're never going to belong here. Its obvious you don't belong, and you'll never learn how to do so unless you actually become a nationalist and not a kike puppet. Is this the part where you ad hominem me by implying I'm using the same mood stabilizers you're on?

Shadow-SJWs, once more confirmed.

I watched Starship Troopers and took it seriously the first time. I loved it. Then I read up on it and caught on. I still like it, ignoring the satire.

Yes. It's analogous to the "I was only pretending to be retarded".

kentaurus.com/troopers.htm#misperceptions
Here, you illiterate Holla Forums nigger. Read this.

Myth #3: "The Terran Federation is a 'military dictatorship,' (i.e., militaristic) and 'the establishment has a vested interest in starting wars.'"

This claim is flawed on three levels: it assumes that the military is in charge of the government, it assumes that government is a dictatorship, and it assumes the government and people act in a warlike manner. None of these assumptions are supported by the evidence in the book.

The first assumption – that the military is in charge of the government – was addressed by Heinlein himself in Expanded Universe:

No military or civil servant can vote or hold office until after he is discharged and is again a civilian. The military tend to be despised by most civilians and this is made explicit. A career military man is most unlikely ever to vote or hold office; he is more likely to be dead – and if he does live through it, he'll vote for the first time at 40 or older." [Heinlein 1980:398]

In short, there is no evidence within the book which indicates the government is run by the military, and a lot of evidence which contradicts this view, including an explicit statement by Sergeant Zim on the civil-military relationship. [Heinlein 1959:63]

Second, the government of the Terran Federation is hardly a dictatorship, even a civilian one. I have heard the dictatorship claim made on several occasions, yet seems to be totally without any support whatsoever. It seems to be based on the assumption that any limitation on the franchise is undemocratic, which is clearly without historical context. Every democracy, past or present, has put limits on the franchise. Ancient Athens, the Roman Republic, and Revolutionary America (to name but a few) limited the franchise to male free landowners of majority age – distinctly less than half the population. Today, there are still limitations regarding birth, age, and civic status (i.e., criminal record) in every democracy on the planet, yet no one has made the argument that the United States, for example, is a dictatorship because 17-year-old convicted felons aren't allowed to vote. Heinlein's Federation is unique not in that it places restrictions on the franchise, but that full citizenship is determined by a conscious act (open to all), rather than an accident of birth. It is no different in theory than the process by which a foreign national becomes a naturalized American citizen, and in practice is much less restricted.

This system isn't portrayed as perfect, only workable. Saying "this system is flawed" to some degree begs the question of "what system isn't?" It is never claimed that the system was 100% perfect, only that, by and large, "it worked." The closest system to the one described in the book was part of a society that, in one form or another, lasted for a thousand years. (Roman society had some severe bad points; understanding the rights and duties of citizenship – at least for the first 500 years or so – was not one of them.)

Yes, there will be people who are going through the motions just to get the right to vote – but they have to at least go through the motions, unlike the current system, where you just have to show up. That's why the system is stacked as much as possible to discourage people from signing up to begin with, and to make it easy for them to say "this ain't worth it" and quit – which you could do at any time you were not in combat.

Yes, there is a problem with a system where the people who have the right to vote decide who gets to have the right to vote. Of course, this is always the case; we can only hope that our founding fathers establish a system where the rights of the minority are respected, and that the rest of us have the courage to live up to their ideals.

In short, the Terran Federation is consistently described as a representative democracy, where the only difference between those with full citizenship and those without is the right to vote and hold public office. One can certainly argue that, as a practical matter, such a state couldn't exist – that it is portrayed as a democracy, though, is incontrovertible. For what it's worth, Poul Anderson – a self-described libertarian – reached the same conclusion:

I never joined in the idiot cries of "fascist!" It was plain that the society of Starship Troopers is, on balance, more free than ours today. I did wonder how stable its order of things would be, and expressed my doubts in public print as well as in the occasional letters we exchanged. Heinlein took no offense. After a little argument back and forth, we both fell into reminiscences of Switzerland, where he got the notion in the first place. [Anderson 1992:319]

cont.

Finally, it assumes that the populace behind the government is militaristic and the Terran Federation is warlike, a claim which is difficult if not impossible to support. It is clear from several statements in chapter 2, for example, that the Terran Federation is hard-pressed to find work for all the Federal Service enrollees. Emilio Rico, Johnny's father, refers to Federal Service as "parasitism, pure and simple. A functionless organ, utterly obsolete, living on the taxpayers." Why? "If there were a war, I'd be the first to cheer you on – and put the business on a war footing. But there isn't, and praise God there never will be again. We've outgrown wars. This planet is now peaceful and happy and we enjoy good enough relations with other planets." [Heinlein 1959:24] It is clear that Emilio's attitude is not unique; the military is, in general, looked down upon, an attitude hardly consistent with a militaristic society. Compare and contrast that view with the Fascist states in World War II, which took militarism to impressive heights, or even with the current situation in America, where youth are encouraged by government-sponsored advertising to "Be All They Can Be" by enrolling in something that's "Not Just a Job; It's an Adventure."

Note also that the war, when it did come, took a long time to break into open hostilities – hardly characteristic of an "establishment [that] has a vested interest in starting wars."

It is certainly the case that making some form of military service mandatory to become a public official will mean that all public officials will be experienced military men. This isn't an argument – it's a tautology. There is no reason to think, though, that the situation presented to the vast majority of the citizens in the book – two years of peacetime service – is any more likely to make them militarists than it did the World War II generation in America. (Or presidents Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, or Bush.) Indeed, I would argue that military experience should be a requirement in civilian leaders; experience is the best way to understand both the abilities and limitations of the military, and any civilian who is going to take a role in deciding where and when and why to commit combat forces better damn well understand those limitations. [As a side note, am I the only one who finds it ironic that some people who don't trust the military suggest that the best way to prevent the military from running rampant is by ignorance on the part of civilian leaders? If only military leaders have military experience, how are the civilians expected to know when to believe them?] Anyone who thinks the military can successfully brainwash thinking people into mindless supporters hasn't talked to enough people with military experience.

As for the corollary argument – "I wouldn't want the guys that I knew in the Army in charge" – well, this book isn't about our military, nor our society, so drawing comparisons to the "guys I knew in the Army" is not necessarily relevant. Aside from the fact that the Terran Federation in general and the military in specific clearly take civics education a lot more seriously than late 20th century America does, its also clear that the incentive structure is different and the screening process more stringent.

I WANT TRUMP TO TURN EARTH INTO HEINLEIN'S FEDERATION

Nigger loving lolbergstein, please go.

You understand this is Holla Forums, right? Go back to /lit/, nerd.

I liked this up until the point where he shit on Starship Troopers as a standalone movie. It's a big budget sci fi action adventure flick with fashy fashion. But he also throws a punch at Showgirls, so he clearly has no appreciation for kino.

>>>Holla Forums
Take TrannySeeker with you.

This is the RedLetterMedia fanboy for the modern age. Is it any wonder they've fallen from grace and rely on rehashed material and Flanderization of the few characteristics they had?

RLM rose to prominence criticizing Prequelkino. They were never in grace to fall from it.

I wonder if slaughtering the colony was the bugs' idea of a peaceful solution.

Bugs didn't understand what true communism was all about, it's that simple.

Aren't these cuckolded fags dead yet? Perhaps a crazy Minesotta hobo with a gun should do something about it.

I miss Third Reich Mike.

This aspect of the movie always bugged me. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

He was just an Holla Forums self-imposed illusion. He was always Mike Cucklasa from Reddit Tier Media.

With a defeatist attitude like that, I'm having my doubt that you're white at all.

Maybe if you're a nog.

Sounds like justice to me.

You're an illiterate degenerate faggot with absolutely not conception of art, kino, or civic virtue. Absolutely fucking civilian.

robocop started off as a judge dredd movie before it became a satire of american consumerism

also while the movie is great (the sequels are okay, 2 is boring but gets a bit better, 3 is okay and invasion is actually somewhat good) the anime is better as points out.

going by your retard logic, the power armor in fallout is actually a mech

Watching this is as painful as reading some of the dumb fuck comments ITT. You have a hostile alien species which attacked first and prompted humanity to adapt in this way. Humans, in the environment they were forced, took up the culture of war to defend itself. Mike and Jay, just like so many other morons, go on about "hurrr, a civilization that needs an enemy!!!" when the world, and fascism, were reactions to outside threats. And like in this fictional piece and reality, it fucking works. How cucked do you have to be to hit on both Trudeau's "if you kill your enemies you lose" and the leftfag hatred of self-defense of your people.

Hurrrr, iz satirics! Hurrr, iz satirics! Niggers, whether the maker of the film is a secret patriot or a commie faggot is irrelevent when you take the time to look at the movie for what it is within the universe it presents itself as. It's like everything in this movie is either reading too far into what it may or may not be or else it's a circlejerk over how humans are mean and free love cures all.

Why do people keep calling Starship Troopers fascist? Fascism is a muddy word but it fundamentally has two things in common across all its historic meanings: the merging of corporate interests with the state and a longing for some romantic time in the past where people believe things were once better. Where in Starship Troopers is any of that ever explicit?

Always remember that everything Mike says is a metaphor for cucking and BBC. I know because /tv told me.

Holla Forums is the expert in those subjects

thats a very unique gif.

This was very educational user. Thank you for explaining this to us.

I always thought the meteor strike was just a random thing that happened and the government blamed it on the bugs so they could go to war with them.

Same here.

did mommy ground you again?

not really

you need to watch more anime

not just a random thing but one that could have been avoided. it was their own 9/11

Imagine what else you assume you know just because you chose to believe a lie wholesale, like the (((holocaust))).

what happened to the rest of this thread wasn't it longer?

oh never mind. Once I typed something in the rest showed up.

ok then dubs. I never saw someone use boobs as a punching bag before.

This ain't Shakespeare. I walked in expecting a dumb action movie instead I got a great action movie with titties.

I'M DYING LAUREN!

>>>/rlm/9

What about blood and honor? valor? deference to a higher authority? celebration of youth? striving to be the best? populism/collectivism? Do you know what this symbol signifies? Do you understand it? Do you believe it?

The movie is highly fascist, the only problem is RLM assuming everyone is brainwashed and that killing your enemies is bad. At best the movie shows a nation at total war, and these cucks have never seen that. More than half of their gripes about evil fascism were seen in america during ww2

Funny how this movie turned out to be like a rorschach test.
Like Mike and Gay for example see this movie as a perfect satire to prove that their liberalism is superior to everything.
I really want to read the book by the way.
Also it's funny how you guys are throwing shit at each other in this thread. Very entertaining.

h t t p s : / / 7 c h a n . o r g / l i t / s r c / S t a r s h i p _ T r o o p e r s _ - _ R o b e r t _ H e i n l e i n . p d f
Good. Maybe it'll teach you to stop being a faggot.

If only we could deprogram commies. At least we have the best alternative: REMOVAL

Look at the image you posted, the root word "fasces". You know what that means, right? Bundle of sticks. A faggot. Many coming together, collectivism.

Fascist literally means collectivist faggot.

Thanks but i would rather buy it in my own language.

lmao, I bet you read your classics in something other than ancient Greek.

I BET THIS FAGGOT DOESN'T EVEN READ LATIN
HOLY SHIT HE DIDN'T READ THE PRINCE IN ITALIAN
WHAT A FUCKING PLEB

I bet he reads Confuscians in romanization form, like some faggot who only speaks Qin Chinese.

HAHA SOME OF JENNYS FAVOURITE PEEPS

I watched the rifftrax version recently, it was dees. Love how this move made fun of fasc-cucks & their state propaganda.

Truthseeker, pls.

If you don't know what a cuck is and the proper use of such nomenclature, you're likely one.

Holy shit, you just got wrecked, newfags.