Why can't we just ban casuals?

Why can't we just ban casuals?

Because then Holla Forums would have about a dozen posters at most.

I think cartoonfags should be able to stay, Ideally we could somehow segregate the board though.

I don't really read comic books, but I like learning about them. Does that make sense? I'll read them here, but I don't go out and download comics or anything. I enjoy page composition and dialogue and pacing and things like that, but at the end of the day, I can't really say I know that much about specific comics.
I'm sorry, OP.

What happened to you today, user?

I don't care if you know about them as long as you WANT to. You'll get better someday.

I'm talking about the people who come here and have no interest whatsoever.

Why would you come here if you don't have any interest in comics or cartoons? This isn't a prime shitposting board like Holla Forums.

Why indeed.

That always feels better than someone saving an image you made, for some reason.

we will go from 15pph to 3pph if we ban Holla Forums and /a/.

What will we do without all the 'muh feminism' posts

But that will only come if we ban Holla Forums

And we'll only be rid of "comics are dead" if we ban /a/.

Isn't this the same guy who spammed the board with meta-threads all over the board a few days ago ?

that would require the mods actually doing anything

I've been on here all week and I haven't seen any metathreads.

Ah, you again

Oh hi Powergirlfag how are you today

Are we really going to have this argument again? I recall things not going so well for you last time.

And once again I'll remind you, I'm not whatever storytime autist you think I am.

You certainly bleat and scream like him however, so excuse us for confusing you with your doppelganger.

If you ain't, well it is indeed strange how both of you share the same modus operandi

Jesus, what are you talking about? Stop being wrong and I'll stop calling you a fucking retard.

Don't tell me you're OP?
Because you've got the most casual fucking taste in this goddamn board. Aren't you the faggot that said that the Harley comics are legitimately good just because you think the art is pretty, while acknowledging the writing is absolute shit?

I believe he means the guy shrieking over Jojo, pretending to be a "janitor," and generally mucking up the place with sarcastic anime threads.

I seem to recall it differently. I seem to recall that you got rekt by just about everyone

And no, I'm not OP.

What I said was that art can add a lot to a story. It won't save really bad stories, but it can bring average ones above and beyond. Bad art can also ruin a good story.

But it's not like you'd know anything about good art since you keep posting manga everywhere. That shit looks like ass.

I remember the actual janitors bump-locking his threads

You the same Holla Forums faggot that thinks Arrow is good? Because if so you might want to look in the mirror if we're talking about people with shit taste.

Having every poster that replies to you being proven to be a casual is getting rekt?

What about people going "H-haha of course I actually read comics, let me prove it by skimming Marvel and DC's recent publications to prove it!"? Is that getting rekt too?

I wouldn't be surprised if you were the faggot that cried about Jojo all that time before, too. You have shit taste and deserve to be ostracized, because you're pure cancer.

Honestly, I'd suggest we ban you instead, were it not for the fact that you're such a source of entertainment. I don't think the board's ever had a lolcow before

Mmhm. The BO came down from Mount Olympus in silence, then deleted the guy's filth, save for his first thread.

Nignog, if they skim that shit it's because no one wants to read cancerous shit like you do.
This isn't Holla Forums, people here read comics. I even somehow managed to torture myself through a Whor storytime like a year ago, but that's as deep down the rabbit hole as you can go.
Which is why we can have storytimes and discussions about actual comics like Hellboy, and various iterations of Catwoman, Conan, and so on.

If you think Amanda Conner's art is bad, we're going to have some problems.

user….

Also, you know Hellboy is "Entry Level: The Comic", right? I mean, it's good, but it's not obscure by any means.

Because we'd miss you if we did.

When I mentioned Whor, you fucking retard, I meant that that's as far down the rabbit hole of reading cancerous shit as I ever went. Are you this retarded?
And it doesn't matter if your faggot ass thinks Hellboy is entry level, shit doesn't need to be obscure for people on this site to read.

And yes, Amanda Conner's art is bad. She doesn't know how to color for shit. That's not how skin looks, or clothes look for that matter. Everything's way too shiny, and she gives all her females the same face, because she's a shit artist, and the only reason you like her is because you have shit taste.
Find some good artists.

Do you know what a colorist is?

She IS a colorist, you autist, which is why the colors are all equally as bad in even the prints she makes. She does her own coloring, and if she didn't, she'd be an even worse artist than she already is.
And it still doesn't explain her fucking sameface syndrome. It's on-par with Bill Willingham's, but at least he knows how to color.

kill yourself retard

No because when it comes to shit-eating the connoisseur is the one whose breath stink.

Not in the image I posted.

Just stop with these excuses, man. This is some serious goalpost-moving, I just want you to actually read comics so you outgrow Jojo. It's for fucking redditors, or worse: Holla Forums.

Theres no such thing as "casuals" when it comes to comics (or other entertainment mediums that you consume), as it doesn't require skill to read comics.

So just because some other board/website likes it, we're not allowed to?

Yes there is absolutely such a thing as a casual when it comes to comics, because it requires time. You have to put time and money into it.

Now, I'm not trying to no true scotsman here, I think if you just read what you enjoy you're pretty much fine.

But when you, say, sit on an imageboard all day reading shitty comics and complaining about an industry you know nothing about, then I'd feel fine about calling you a casual.

Whor is the bottom of the rabbit hole, user. Right next to Squirrel girl and Hellcat.

What goalpost-moving have I been doing? It's you, m8.

You are so full of shit, m8. Give me proof that that was done by someone else. Also, this is gonna surprise you, but Jojo is good and I can read other comics (good comics, not the crap you read just because you think the shit art is pretty) while also keeping up with it.

I was genuinely curious as to how shit it was. I got just far enough to know her backstory, so I can know exactly just how terribad it was.
At least I'm not a faggot who defends it because the art is pretty.

You're very clearly trying to make this argument about your opinion on amanda conner.

What comics do you read user? I'm curious to see what your oh-so-refined palate is like.

Oh look, the FILTHY FUCKING CASUALS!!!!111!! guy started his own thread. Great, I'm sure this'll be high quality.

Because this isn't your personal hugbox, faggot. If you don't like it why don't you piss off to tumblr or Reddit, seems like you'd be pretty happy there.

Jojo is pretty cool, and we might as well talk about it. For all this crying you do about how much Jojo keeps shitting up the board, I've yet to see it crop up more than a few times outside of the designate Jojo thread. Namely, by you, screaming about how shit it is every chance you fucking get you colossal faggot.

Good art can elevate a mediocre comic, but it can't save a terrible one. Ultimately art is supposed to be used to help deliver the story, and if the story is terrible shit then there's not much you can do.

Now, with that out of the way. Let's turn this into an anime thread to farm shitty posts from OP. I loved Dragon Ball as a kid, is it worth watching the new shit? Namely talking about Battle of Gods here, I watched that special behind the scenes bit and actually got kind of hype watching the fight between Goku and Beerus.

Worth watching the whole thing?

Oh, another goalpost move.

I don't know, user. They seem a little too insistent to just be bait.

The new films are all right. Avoid Super, the animation is fucking horrible and, to be honest, so is the story

You understand this is what I've been saying for 2 threads now, right?

Come to Holla Forums the best board on Holla Forums. We don't have any casuals!

It can't save a terrible comic, and Harley is a terrible comic.
With shit art, too.

And what comics I read have nothing to do with what we were discussing, did it? I was telling you your artist was shit, and you changed topics when I asked for proof of her not being shit.
How about I get to know just how bad your taste is, user? Tell me more of the shit comics you think us casuals should read instead of Jojo.

Yes. Beerus and his aide Whis are both an excellent watch.

And so is Vegeta. You'll see why. Bingo!

Reminder that this guy does this all over the board. He might as well trip

Sure you do. They're the ones wailing over DA JOOZ.

One thread is 'all over the board'?

This is about you, pal. I'll gladly tell you about my taste in comics as soon as you tell me about yours.

That's why I figured he's not just baiting. Unless he's really, truly that much of a faggot.

Agreed. Too bad they couldn't get a guy with a higher-pitched voice to play Whis. He sounds better in the sub.

Shush, Holla Forums is amazing. I hear they love "obscure" comics, too. I'm sure that they'll certainly love to hear about this retard's shit opinions, given they all have shit opinions!

god damn and this guy is trying to claim this is good art?

I'm not getting into this fight with you, cocksucker.
Go hang out at Holla Forums as we suggested.

That's kind of unfortunate, I heard bad things about Super but figured it really couldn't be any worse than GT. Guess I'll check out the movies, thanks user.

No faggot I don't know that nor do I care to know that. I don't follow you around and religiously read all of your posts, namely it's just become impossible to avoid you. Like a group of raging chimps that escaped their cage at the zoo, running through crowds and nigging out, it's almost impossible not to get hit with a nice handful of shit.

Nice, I'll definitely check it out when I get the chance. It'll be nice to see some good Dragon Ball again, take a trip down nostalgia lane.

I see what you mean. I guess I was just kind of comparing comics as an entertainment medium/hobby you consume to an entertainment medium/hobby you DO like video games.

See, this isn't difficult. I asked you first, so it's natural that you give some examples of comics you read first.

The only reason you wouldn't want to is that you're a casual who doesn't read comics.

Yes, you very obviously do, since you said you knew me in your last post.

Alright then tough guy, fucking walk the talk. What does the almighty supreme God of knowledge and success read on the reg? Go on, show us, shouldn't matter if that other user doesn't reply right?

Or, are you just completely full of shit and scared that everyone will know you don't actually have any idea what the fuck you're talking about?

Right, and like I said in my most recent post, I only know you because it's becoming increasingly more difficult to avoid you. Flinging your shit around like a dumb ape every chance you get.

I'm starting to wonder if you even read comics at all, or if it's just some sort of elaborate ruse you're trying to pull, hoping to leave your mark in lolcow fame.

It doesn't. but I think I'll wait regardless. Don't want to give our friend an excuse to pussy out, now do I?

If you really wanna take a trip down nostalgia lane, re-watch the original Dragon Ball. I'm not talking DBZ. I'm talking the original shit.
I've found it comfy to watch it at 4am while eating my shitty college dinners.

Just read the manga

BRAVO JAPAN

Seems like there's only one person bitching out here, and it seems like the guy who talks a lot of shit but can't back up any of it.

It's actually been so long since I've seen OG Dragon Ball, that'd be a pretty comfy watch. I'll give it a go after watching Battle of Gods.

God, I feel you there. I learned how to cook some basic stuff before I went off to college, but it's the lack of money for food that isn't awful that gets to me.

Do you literally have Autism?

That is not samefacing. Different chins and cheeks, different setting of the eyes. The only same-ness comes from avoiding too much nose bridge show, but even that isn't true on them all.

Yes it does, that same person would be , who has also apparently disappeared conveniently before he would have had to list comics he's read.

GT had some cool concepts that they didn't really use properly. So far, Super hasn't really had any cool concepts. Most of it has either been slice-of-life shit or else doing worse animated versions of the latest movies.

Also, there's the continuity issues. I think both Toriyama and Toei have completely forgotten that Trunks is supposed to have a little sister

Hm, you know what, fine. You're a faggot who moves goalposts like it's their job, but just to see what shit taste you have, here's my list of what comics I've really loved recently:

These are just the three I think I can say I like the most. Now, how about you?

Do both. They both have their ups and downs. The manga doesn't have the witty Yamcha come-backs and add-libs that the anime does, but the manga is a better story and doesn't make Yamcha lose too pathetically against strong opponents.

user I'm going to do you a favor and explain to you, as an artist, that samefacing is giving a character the same facial features. All these characters have drastically different expressions, but they also have the exact same noses, the exact same chins (except for the child), the exact same cheeks. The only reason you would think otherwise is if your judgement is being clouded by the fact they're making different expressions.

I'm typically a 'IT'S NOT TORIYAMA'S FAULT' kind of autist, but Super's issues now are definitely at least partially his fault. He's clearly forgotten things. He's made Future Trunks' hair blue (which in his defense was never clear in the manga, just like Bulma's. He drew it red sometimes…), Bra's not here, shit like that. The terrible elements are Toei's writers adding shit into his scripts after he turns them in (he literally explains that's what happens; they tell him what to write, he writes it, and then they edit it, probably just to get his name in there), but the errors like the hair or Bra being gone are definitely Toriyama's fault.
I think I'm most angry that Toei's so lazy that they won't even correct his mistakes. He's a senile old man that dealt with this shit for years, you can't at least fix this up for him? He thought 18's hair was purple when making BoG, they fixed that. Why not this?

Isn't this Adam Hughes, not Bill Willingham?

Dunno user, seems like you're just kind of being a pussy ass nigga. You've got more on the line here than that user ever did.

Really if you actually read quality obscure comics that weren't for casuals, you'd have no trouble naming them right now. But since you seem so hesitant, it's starting to look like you're just a blowhard with nothing to actually say to back up his claims.

Maybe I'm just biased towards not liking GT, something about it just felt very off, I especially didn't like reverting Goku back to childhood.

Yuck, I'm so sick of slice of life as a fucking concept. I'm kind of disappointed to hear it's invaded Dragon Ball too outside of filler shit like Goku learning how to drive.

I guess a change in pacing isn't necessarily unexpected, given the god levels of the protagonists, it'd be pretty hard to keep doing standard DBZ stuff.

Guess I can't really blame them, I barely remember her myself.

I guess you can't really blame the guy for approaching it with an attitude like that. I mean how long has the dude been working on DB? I'd probably give up and forget shit too if I had so much continuity and stuff to worry about.

Still, it's a shame to see that the series isn't doing so well.

Jesus, the old man's really lost it.

What the fuck happened in here?

Oh yeah, and Denny O'Neil's Question.

Oh look, you actually manned the fuck up and stopped being a pussy between my post and your last one. Took you long enough, faggot.

Holy shit dude, calm down.

Yeah, you're right. I never saw any credit for any of the Fables/Fables spinoff covers but I never paid that much attention to it. But my point still stands. The artist has very bad same-face, but is otherwise a good artist.
Bill Willingham still has that problem, too, by the way. In the comics themselves you can still see. I remember getting confused sometimes because Snow would seem to have brownish hair and suddenly she'd look like Belle, or Belle would have darker hair and the only way I'd know it's Belle is because her hair doesn't have Snow's strands of curls.
He only seems to have this problem with women, too.

In his defense, he drew in black and white, and I think he might have thought 18's hair was purple for some time. He colored it as purple in the Buu Saga comics, too.
He never kept track of hair colors. Bulma's hair's been every color you can think of, which is why the manga and the anime both decided on such radically different colors. And why Trunks' hair doesn't match Bulma's in the anime.

She would be easy to forget if all there ever was on Dragon Ball was the manga and the anime but she was fairly prominent in GT, which Toei made, and I think she's appeared in games.

Basically, someone working on this shit should be on top of these continuity problems. Trunks is supposed to be 14 in Super, which is exactly the same age that Future Trunks is in The History of Trunks, where he looked like this. Super has him looking exactly like he did at age 8

I understand that, drawing black and white for so many years, can't really blame him for having it different in his head.

Still, hair color would be the sort of thing you'd think you could keep consistent.

Then again, dude's old as fuck.

You're right, you'd think someone working at Toie would be well aware of the glaring continuity issues. Trunks' age was something that I found very egregious from what little I saw of it, I figured he was supposed to be older but just sort of chalked it up to me misremembering things.

Oh, this issue is also Toei's fault.
They tried to have their cake and eat it too with Toriyama's art style. The mangaka who draws Super finds a good halfway ground, but Toei just kept all the older characters as their old designs, so it makes the younger characters look especially young. They also decided to make Marron a baby even though Toriyama knew what age she should be. Pics related- this is his art for BoG. If they wanted to keep the old art, Trunks and Goten should come up to Chi-Chi's shoulder about (like normal kids their age) rather than her knees, and Marron should be much, much taller and… You know. Not a baby.

For someone who thinks art doesn't matter, you sure read a lot of cheesecake.

user made a thread suggesting the banning of 'casuals'. As it turns out, user is the same user who thinks that if you don't read Gwenpool and you think the American Comic Book industry is in dire straits, you are a 'casual'

Also he gets triggered by JoJo

When did I ever imply art doesn't matter? I argued with this retard for quite a few posts about his favorite artist having absolute shit art.
Also none of what I really read is… Cheesecake. Even Vampirella V2 isn't very cheesecake-y. She's in her usual outfit, sure, but she doesn't act like Bayonetta or anything.

You argued with ME, casual, about how it doesn't matter if art is good. Only if it's bad.

He also thinks that having read The Dark Knight Returns means he's somehow not a casual, despite it being pretty fucking entry level at this point in time.

Give me a quote where I said art doesn't matter. That isn't followed by 'when the writing is shit.'
I actually started reading Vampirella V2 because I was so drawn to how beautiful the covers were.

By the way, I don't think you should call me a casual when you assumed any of what I read is cheesecake when it's… Not, if you knew anything about it.

Pot calling the kettle black, basically.

When did I ever say anything like that? I just put it at the top of the list because it's probably my favorite one.

If that's your favorite comic then it implies you've got pretty fucking casual taste bro.

Yeah, no. The casuals that like it do because of the movie and "le batman can kick superman's ass xD"

Dude even casuals know Batman can't kick Superman's ass. All I remember hearing from casuals when the Batman v Superman movie was even announced was how one-sided it should realistically be.
You don't even know what a casual is.

Wrong again. Casuals think Batman would annihilate superman, and completely misunderstand their fight.

You ever have any kind of proof for all that shit you say?

Hey BroJos, just wanted to tell you that the new JoJo thread is up:

I really don't get you, man. Do you have any proof for casuals thinking superman would win? Are you going to pull some kind of greentext that 'totally happened you guys' out of your ass?

Oh, now I can turn this shit on you.
I asked you first, nigger.
Also, you have the burden of proof. Any normal person would know Superman would wipe the floor with Batman. You have the burden of proof to say otherwise.

I don't know why you think you're pulling some kind of ebin trick on me. My point is that neither of us could possibly prove that, and you're using that fact as a way to win the argument.

I don't even care if you prove it, because there's no way either of us could do it in a way that would be satisfactory to the other party.

because its illegal and antisemitic.

But who cares, they're just weaboos.

lol fart poop

OH BOY IS IT THE TIME OF THE MONTH WHERE WA ALL ARGUE AND ACT LIKE RETARDS OVER JOJO, ANIME, POL, AND OTHER POINTLESS SHIT?!

HOORAY!!!

If you banned casuals where would I go?

yes, it indeed is. Just like it was yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before hat.
But worry not, if you missed it. It will still be here tomorrow. And the day after that…

this isn't cuckchan

Yeah it happens daily, but it's on like a few posts in threads.
Only once a month everyone participates in it.

Holy Autism Batman

We've already banned them all.