I know Dredd can by corny, but this time he went full Reddit

I know Dredd can by corny, but this time he went full Reddit.

Well there's your problem. At least it's not canon.

Seems like standard Dredd fare.

Dredd has always been over the top and goofy with sometimes pretty cringy humor.
In recent years it has developed a new fanbase that genuinely thinks it's a pro-fascist super serious comic for some strange reason?
Even tho it takes the piss out of it so many times in so many ways.

Same reason why Warhammer 40k has a fanbase of people that jack all over the Empire of Man even if the setting itself makes fun of them mercilessly and makes them out to be an absolute bunch of complete idiots.

Same reason why King of the Hill has a genuine redneck fanbase even tho the show makes fun of rednecks at every turn.

Maybe this new generation of people is just straight up stupid and doesn't undestand jack shit about anything and just sees the pretty colors on paper and on a screen.

This is surface tier analysis of all those works.

I never cared for Dredd, but if Dredd is like this, then fuck Dredd.

Oh, then your opinion doesn't matter at all.

People here only pay attention to shit when it pisses them off. So some IDW writer goes full retarded, because he knows people will then talk about his book. Which others will say "we're making fun of it, that doesn't work out for him at all!" but that's wrong. Because before this thread I didn't even KNOW IDW had a Dredd book out. That's how easily manipulated people are.

We had a much better crossover in the past

Indeed.

The problem here is how people think 40k is also a white supremicist setting

It's really ridiculous. Even forgetting the Salamanders, the various Guard Regiments, and the Emperor Himself, race only matters in that setting insofar as human, mutant, and xenos. If you tried to claim supremacy of any phenotype in the Imperium, you'd get puzzled looks and/or laughter at best.

Lets not forget who the wisest primarch was. It wasn't Sanguinius or Leman Russ or Lion'el Johnson. It wasn't even Magnus the giant fucking whiny nerd. It was Jagathai motherfucking Khan. That fu-manchu looking motherfucker knew how to handle battle and knew how to deal with psychics in an actually reasonable way that worked. His marines were also the most cultured and have actual lives beyond "shoot really big bullets at things".

He truly was an honor to his father, an aging middle eastern athiest.

Or shit like American History X ignoring the cut ending

The morale is that there's good and bad in both races, that the Aryan brotherhood are essentially white niggers and that hate only breeds hate.

If you think about it, it's a perfect fit that there are people who think 40K is a white supremacy thing. Because, just like the Emperor's actual ideal for humanity, people fucking twist it into something completely unintended. He NEVER wanted to be worshipped as a god, he wanted humanity to move beyond gods. But look at him now, rotting on his throne and worshipped by all.

lol

Is this archbishop emoji?

Dredd had always been seen as a pro fascist by many readers, ever since his first appearances. The authors themselves made him to be one, however they did gave him more depth with the years. Story arcs like Democracy were supposed to represent the creators' feelings about Dredd's political views.

According to Holla Forums Finns are honorary aryans.

Like I said, the reason Judge Dredd works so well is because it somehow balances out sci-fi storytelling, action, horror, political commentary and the absurdity of comics.

Dredd himself can be written as a straight up fascist or a decent lawman who's just doing his job and getting mixed up in crazy shit. And in both instances he'd still be in character.

Honestly Dredd is the last of a dying breed of comics i.e comics that know that they're fucking comic books and don't try to push any political agenda or make Tumblr snowflakes feel good about themselves.

Dredd comes from a tradition of Brit comics where some would try to be the edgiest comic around. Back in the 70s there were comics starring brit hooligans (who of course were violent fuckheads), a nazi officer or a black guy. It was extremely dangerous to make this kind of stuff and it was mostly made to piss off onservaties (or everyone, really). Par of the edge that 2000ad had in the earliest years came from not being able to make straightforward political commentary like before, actually. Pat Mills was kind of disappointed with the idea of having to make sci fi stories because those were like shit for the birds. This was around the time the Star Wars ep 4 came out and established sci fi as something family friendly.

Long British tradition to parody everything whenever possible.