Lets make a: Weekly Holla Forums 1 page MAGAZINE/DIGEST

Lets make a: Weekly Holla Forums 1 page MAGAZINE/DIGEST
*Summary of major events/info for the week
*Main headlines, small summary (with links)
*Great for normies
*Great for Holla Forumsacks–if your having a busy week or miss a story

We could make a meta thread for it somewhere else–where we record: [Headline, brief summary, link] of all main events/threads to go into the mag. Then on friday someone (rotated big roster) photoshops it together (using an existing template).

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DarkEnlightenment/
alturl.com/k6bkb
xenosystems.net/chaos-patch-118/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's called /n/ faggot

reddit.com/r/DarkEnlightenment/

alturl.com/k6bkb

It's not I/n/dia anymore?

Stay there, plebbit cocksucker

xenosystems.net/chaos-patch-118/

This is the 8th time I see this idea peddled (I've actually kept count).

Never works out due to sheer lack of distrust (this entire board is a bunch of paranoid fuckers), unwillingness to commit, unwillingness to do work, and low ability to produce good content outside of a minority.

Take it from someone who actually works on a magazine for a living: every article has to go through at least 4-5 rounds of edits and revisions. It takes time and patience. This board can't even stay on topic for 5 minutes.

This actually seems like a decent idea. How could we do it without fixed identities though?

Example of the aforementioned paranoia.

I dont think thats a problem.
All we need is a trusted release web site and 1 or 2 trusted people running it.

Then it doesnt matter who does the work–because it will be fact/linked checked–and deployed to official site–by the 1 or 2 trusted.

Well I guess do it through IRC and Anonymous Dropboxes

You are not qualified.

I know
But maybe most articles are sent in by other Holla Forumsacks and we just do grammer/spell check

How ironic

I know, its hard to type properly some times, I can compile though

Christ no, it's not that easy. That's a single revision by one set of eyes.

First thing is that an article needs to be formatted correctly (though what constitutes "correct" depends by editor-in-chief). The way we do it at work, which is based off of how The National Interest does it, is:
And so forth.

THEN once the thing is formatted can it going through a careful revision by ~at least two~ (three is better) distinct editors, whom have to check the document twice. First time through is basic corrections and suggestions to improve the flow and wording in the article. Second time is making sure everything works, that one of the other editors didn't fuck up, it all checks out, and such.

It might sound like overworking, but this is the respectable professional standard. You'd be surprised how many people can't fucking write to save their lives, including supposed "world leaders."

By the way, this generally assumes the editors have some background knowledge on the actual content of the article, in order to spot anything that is inconsistent. So when an author bungles up Francis Fukuyama's "the end of history" thesis (which is common, because people usually think it boils down to "capitalist democracy > others" when in reality it's more about human rights, principles, and dignity), you fix that shit or call him up and tell him to re-read the goddamn introduction to the book.

I think thats a bit overkill. No newpaper is that formal!

I was thinking more like a casual magazine… just 5 or so top events/stories: title, 1 sentence summary, archive link.

Apart from the logo at the top, the graphic designer of the week could be given free reign to be creative… it would make each issue unique/fun–and you'd still get caught up on the stories.

all on just 1 A4 size page.
This would ensure minimal work – and if it takes off–we could expand then

That's a blog, not a magazine then. Vast difference.

Worse, without content policing, you'll end up with "articles" that peddle recycled bullshit, theories that put a foot in unprovable conspiracy theories, and so forth.

How hard is it to pick out 5 top stories of the week and put it in bullet point form–put a sentence to it, add a pic and append a link.

Its not rocket science.

*"Bernout tries to assasinate Trump"
quick summary/ state etc
pic
link

done.
x5

check.
Upload.

I like the idea of an ezine.
the hackers of the old days used nothing but text and crammed heaps of shit in there.
we all have fucking broadband connections and reasonable upload speeds.

lets fucking do this.

What is the software/website to do this with?

LibreOffice word export as pdf

Personally I like:
inkscape

its free/open source…very powerful vector graphics program.

Worth learning tbh fam–if youre into meme-ing.

But Im not at all opposed to people choosing their own tools.

Is this going to actually be conservative or is it going to be cuckservative?

At any moment if any of the following are said;

It will be supremely cucked.

You are a giant faggot

How many pages?

14 ?