Just when I thought Windows couldn't get any more cancerous...

Just when I thought Windows couldn't get any more cancerous, Microsoft announced starting in October they are going to roll future updates into one big monthly patch. It seems like Microsoft wants to make it impossible to run Windows 7 without the botnet "updates" as you bet they will get lumped in the monthly patches.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ttMXR
archive.is/hgZjf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Figured this would happen. Microsoft really didn't like all the Windows 10 dodgers blocking their updates.

Yet how do they expect it work in enterprise settings? It wasn't that long ago one of their critical updates bricked system drives by accident.

They don't give a FUCK. What are you going to do, switch to Linux? Nope, you'll continue to pay Microsoft.

Oh but hey do.

They backtracked on Skylake support for Win7/8.1.

archive.is/ttMXR

I've heard that Win7 enterprise doesn't get any of these cancerous updates.

WSUS & AD managed Win7 Ent.

With Windows 7 you can just, turn updates off though.

>>>/g/

Yup, sounds like it's time to switch.

Guess I'll finish up the games own and then switch.

people still used Windows XP when Vista came out. be vigilant and maybe microsoft will release a new system as good as 7

maybe

You don't have to give up your games completely, you can always run Windows 7 in a VM and pass through your GPU (really not sure about dual booting anymore given how the most recent Windows 10 update was overwriting GRUB for no reason).

Only compared to what came after it. Windows has never been good, it gets progressively worse with each release.

So now you're going to be forced to install recommended updates if you want to go through Windows update? Fucking garbage. Supposedly security update only patches will be available through WSUS and SCCM, are those usable with regular Windows 7? Both sound like they're related to Windows Server and not 7/8.1.

You're one of those retards that also believe every other windows was bad right?

in theory if my hardware support xp and i only use it for retro gaymen, i could use it forever right?

I'm still using XP here. I tried to be patient but in the end they decided they weren't interested in making another system as good decent as XP.

Instead of putting out individual patches, Microsoft is going to roll them into monthly round-up updates. Basically MS is adopting the same servicing model Apple has for iOS where you have to accept everything in the update as they are going to dumb down Windows update so when you accept a update it will update to the latest version of the system.

If they no longer give the manual option in their site, someone will have them elsewhere

Most of their stuff is pretty useless anyway

Is this what EPIC was talking about M$ making a monopoly? Why don't capps and gabe make their own os and make it mandatory for games on the store to run well on that os?

according to this article you have until october

archive.is/hgZjf