This is kinda shit

The specials are still good so I guess it was worth it ?

Never got into the lowbrow dudebro humor of Top Gear so couldn't be arsed to watch this.

the military recruitment skit in the ninth episode is worth skipping

everything that is not a special is worth skipping

Recently finished it and overall I really liked it. Just don't like it when the show gets into technical car reviews, and when they start making toilet humor. Celebrity Brain Crash wore out it's welcome after the first episode. The only episodes I didn't like were the final two.

you're a normalfag, Harry

humor was meh
and the rest just isn't for me, i'm not a car person

It continues the tradition of later TG seasons of being overly scripted and not very funny. I struggled to get through the second part of the namibia special and stopped watching all together with the 4x4 mercedes skit.

I know i'm in the minority but I actually watched top gear to see what new cars were coming out and whether or not they were any good. Specials like the bolivia one or vietnam were just icing on the cake for me, it seems as if even the specials now in Grand Tour are just not as 'spontaneous' Instead of banter between the 3 is setups for punchlines or just complete wastes of time just for a single joke, like the hunting for poachers in the namibia special. I was rolling my eyes the entire time just waiting for the show to start up again and get back to driving.

I just skipped it. Can't all be great, Namibia special was meh but it was better than the rest of the new show, because it's only half scripted. And that's all we're gonna get so take what you can.

It had its moments, but also many lame segments.

Made me love the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio even more than I already did.

I just need to save another $20k

The new show is unbearable because it has completely lost its chill comfy charm and now they are contractually obligated to do ONLY BIG EXTRAVAGANT THINGS because that's what normies like.

Have you noticed that there's less laughter in the new show and more "le funny reaction faces" instead?

You will never be able to pronounce it's name.

Honestly I think the problem is too much money to spend on skits instead of just buying some shit cars and having a laugh.

1st show as good, kind of been going down hill

Its basically a mediocre season of Top Gear. Sooo…. the only mediocre season of Top Gear. So pretty much the least good season of Top Gear.

Yup. In the old show they didn't try to be funny, it was just sort of there, born out of the banter. But their new american (((producers))) told them that that's what people want to see, so they hires a team of reddit-tier comedy writers.

Yeah its been said; too scripted. I did actually enjoy the running gags though, over than the American.

All the gags are shit.

The gags seem to target James a lot, he never seems to be talking off the cuff and is instead saying the same thing every episode or clearly sticking to a script.

Another thing that bothers me is the complete lack of a news segment. The news segments was the comfiest part of Top Gear because it was all banter and (seemingly) unscripted. Conversation street is just them talking for about 5 minutes about things related to the country they're in and then thats it. That seems to be one of the biggest problems, the fact that they are constantly moving from place to place for each show, so they have to spend a stupid amount of time either pandering to the locals or talking about the area rather than anything that might actually be interesting.

The overall number one problem is the forced imitation of Top Gear's best movements. Except they don't understand that you need a build up to a good moment, you can have every single moment of every single episode be EXCITEMENT, ACTION, COMEDY WOOOO. Most of the episodes used to be them sitting and having boring, chill conversations about cars between themselves or with a guest for 30 minutes. Then we'd get a 15 minute cutaway segment of them testing a car. That's most of the show. Then occasionally we'd get some semi-scripted challenge for half an episode and that would be a nice change of pace. Then, by the end of a season, we'd work our way to a big special with EXCITEMENT, ACTION, COMEDY WOOOO and that would a big deal. Everyone involved earned this. And then we climb down again.

Now it's just a sitcom for dumb burgers to laugh at. I'm surprised they didn't add fake laughter.

Also the problem is now that the show is scripted too much, the problem is that it's scripted poorly. You used to be able to suspend your disbelief for most of the stuff, because it was executed well. To a point where some people actually debated whether something that happened was scripted or not. Now it's just a blatant filler.

Good point, I'm still not entirely sure if clarkson accidentally pushing his volvo into a glass shed in the 'perfect car for a teenager' challenge was scripted or not. If they can at least make it hard to tell it's fine but when they have cameras set up to perfectly show "unscripted" moments and have the trio barely react to it, I get a little cheated.

*you can have every single i meant

It's a shame because I think these guys could come up with funny material on the go and then cobble up the best material.

Yeah we already know that they're funny, they dont need to prove it to us every episode. Just let it happen

*can't

fuck

cuckchan level meme

They all look like they regret doing the show

tbh the new shows seems like it was made solely for the purpose of being a fuck you to BBC and nothing else.

ABOMINATION

He's a small guy

So it's cooking show syndrome?

It was okay. Nothing amazing but just okay.

it was shit

Sounds like you want Fifth Gear.