Public service announcement or some shit

Michael Cruz
Michael Cruz

Safety first. Or you can end up like this guy here, with your head literally stabbed off.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/BEs78

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

Anyone know of more?

Dominic Evans
Dominic Evans

Holy fucking shit. Did he make it?

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

Seems like a navy aircraft F-18 had to be going at pretty decent speeds to do that.

Maybe when it launch from a carrier? But its back in a Hangar so idk. But none the less its a dead guy.

Ian Rodriguez
Ian Rodriguez

Petty Officer 2nd Class Robert Lemar Robinson died Saturday on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower after being struck by a plane during flight operations.

Navy officials released Robinson's name Monday but offered no details of the incident, which is under investigation.

Lt. Courtney Hillson, a spokeswoman for the Navy's 2nd Fleet, said Robinson was struck at 8:16 p.m. and was pronounced dead 16 minutes later. Robinson was 31. He is survived by his mother and three children, Hillson said.

A native of Detroit, Robinson joined the Navy in 1998 and was assigned to the Eisenhower in January. As an aviation boatswain's mate in the carrier's air department, he was responsible for handling and moving aircraft on the flight deck.

The Ike has been at sea since Sept. 16, conducting routine training operations. On Saturday, it was off the coast of North Carolina.

Flight operations ceased for a time after the incident, but planes resumed flying onto and off the carrier late Sunday morning, Hillson said. The carrier remains at sea and will hold a memorial service for Robinson on Wednesday.

Ryan Harris
Ryan Harris

pronounced dead 16 minutes later
16 minutes
later

Samuel Martinez
Samuel Martinez

Good thing he was wearing a helmet

Gabriel Smith
Gabriel Smith

archive.is/BEs78
Supposedly this guy was there when it happened.

It was a long day on the flight deck, we were in a general quarters (in movies basically "MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS") drill. We were launching F-18s off the waist catapults, contrary to popular portrayal, you can only launch one at a time, however both can be on the cat, ready to fire. The aircraft was about to launch, and everyone around it was crouched, this crew member stood too early, twisted, and the missle stanchion on the wing hit his helmet. He spun, fell, and that was the end. He was a great man, had over 10 years, and left a family behind. This was a training exercise in the Atlantic.

Camden Howard
Camden Howard

Beat me to it.

If he was hit at launch that means the plane had to launch, fly, turn around and land with his head on the wing the entire time.

Jose Jones
Jose Jones

Actually thinking about it I wonder if his head was ripped off straight away or if it was ripped off during flight or landing.

Wyatt Davis
Wyatt Davis

it's a nigger
of course lel

Alexander Brooks
Alexander Brooks

good thing I wore my hard hat

Cameron Bailey
Cameron Bailey

I wonder if the pilot could see it from the cockpit

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

Navy officials released Robinson's name Monday but offered no details of the incident, which is under investigation.
He was a stupid nigger.
three children

Eli Anderson
Eli Anderson

he was hit as the plane took off, guessing they waited for the plane to land before they decided he was unable to live without a head

Isaiah Parker
Isaiah Parker

be aircraft pilot
be taking off
hear a loud thud
look to my side
wtf
it's an impaled human head
shit i wonder if the fella who owns this is alive
get told to turn around and land
do it
shit i hope the guy's not dead
i hope i didn't kill him
what's the diagnosis doc?
"he's dead, son"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jacob Barnes
Jacob Barnes

And thus the cycle continues and expands.

Michael Thompson
Michael Thompson

wew

Ryder Bennett
Ryder Bennett

Yeah. He had quite the headache though.

Jordan Moore
Jordan Moore

They also said he was hit by a plane but that's not what is going on in any of the images. That's not any kind of air vehicle.

Camden Anderson
Camden Anderson

smh. this poor man head got caught on a airplane. I dont understand how he head got a hole in it but he fillings still intact. this man put on he little yellow bump cap and felt safe. smh jesus please take this man soul and give him a new face.

Austin Phillips
Austin Phillips

Guess they don't have gore on reddit eh?

Ethan Jones
Ethan Jones

what an edgy comment

Oliver Bennett
Oliver Bennett

epic