Is there any reason to buy a tablet?

Is there any reason to buy a tablet?

If no, why not?

If yes, which one should I get? I wouldn't have to use it for anything crazy like editing or graphic design, so it's more of an everyday use item

Also general tablet thread

a tablet is a smartphone that doesn't fit in your pocket

Tablets are god's gift to humanity. They are the most vital object to the existence of mankind. Without them, man could not browse the Internet outside of his house. Without them, we wouldn't exist. Steve Jobs, the creator of the Internet, had the incentive to carry out gods blessing through the means of the iPad. The iPad is our most vital item, without it, we would go insane, as we must be browsing the Internet 24/7. Praise jessus.

Very true, but I was actually thinking about using one to take notes in class instead of a traditional notebook. Thoughts?

wouldn't a laptop be better for that?

typing on a tablet seems hard

I was thinking more like writing with a touch screen pen

Tablets are great for comfy bed/couch shitposting

iPad, no, Android, fuck yes!
I borrowed my sister iPad air while she went on vacation, and that shit saw nearly no use, only a bit of googling, as I couldn't install the software I wanted on it. That made me get an Android tablet for myself and boy does it get a ton of use. even if most of it is Kodi/SPMC, I don't regret the purchase for a second.

I smack homeless niggers with mine

Nice trips
Just buy a small laptop, cheaper, more flexible for different things, can play both tablet and PC games (If shit enough and you have enough knowledge/shekels for a virtual machine), probably smaller too (compared to a work tablet), easier to type on, compatible with most other devices

Honestly there's no reason to buy a tablet unless youre technologically impaired

Okay for movies, nothing else.

Ye learn things better with paper n pencil.

I've seen bands download sheet music to tablets so all their music is available to read digitally.

Most of the things you do on a tablet you can do on a laptop for cheaper, and most of the things you do on a laptop you can do on a desktop for cheaper.

Yes. Mobile gaming.

Is there any reason why this thread is not on Holla Forums?

Do you value price/performance over comfort and design? If yes, get a notebook.
Do you want to use your device for anything more performance-intensive than taking notes and browsing the web? If yes, get a laptop.

There's really no good reason to get a tablet unless you're desperate for a large-screen Android device. Notebooks consistently outperform tablets, cost less, are more versatile and come with physical keyboards (which makes them way more useful for University - go ahead and try to take page after page of notes on a touchscreen, I fucking dare you).

An Android tablet is only really worth considering if you want a light, flexible device for general home use. It's good for browsing, music, in-home streaming and the occasional mobile game. For work, you're better off with a notebook.

If you want to do any sort of serious work (text editing, graphics work, analysis, light gaming, whatever) look into budged laptops instead. Definitely a step up from notebooks in price, but the increase in performance might be worth it.

As for Apple tablets - just don't. They're pants-on-head-retardedly overpriced, they're locked in to the Apple ecosystem and they're just generally not as versatile. If you're reasonably tech-savvy any Apple device will frustrate you more than it will be useful to you.

Like said; it's like a smartphone with a really big screen. I have an iPad. I use it for games, spreadsheets (filling in, not making), netflix, banking, news, and kindle/iBooks. As for the games; the touch interface sucks for 1st person games but works quite well for all other kinds, especially those made with touch in mind (Infinity blade).

Also this:

I like the size/function of the tablet.

if you own a laptop and a smartphone, then no. it is a waste of money

get a stylish one

That looks like something a fifteen year old girl would buy

There is a reason I don't have a tablet anymore. But let me tell you why you shouldn't get one.
1: you have a computer. Just fucking use it to browse the internet, watch movies, play games, whatever. Your computer (if it isn't old as shit) will more and likely have better specs and run far better than any tablet out there.
2: You have a fucking laptop. If you do not have a laptop and you are considering a tablet, than I'd say get a fucking laptop first. It does the same things your computer does and does everything a tablet does better than a tablet.
3: Do you own a car? If you drive around to get where you need to go than just wait to get home to do anything or use your smartphone (if you have one). If you do not have a car and have to rely on public transportation that I'd say just go for it. A tablet is very portable and will provide you a bit of a better experience than your smartphone will. That or you could just observe and interact with the world around you; you materialist dickwagon.
5: They cost money and are a bitch to fix if broken.

Chances are you're already considering a tablet. But please heed my words before wasting your time.

The only tablet you need