Conan: What if? Storytime

storytiming all four issues because why not?

Now for the Thor issue!

Now for the one where he fights Captain America!

The panel of Conan imagining the present as best as his mind can, is pretty awesome.

Hey, someone else is reading this! please comment and discuss however much ya like, I love me some Conan and am sad no one else seems to.

Posted that last one on accident, anyone interested in that secondary story or naw?

Well, this is all of the Conan What If? Stories…does anyone want some other Conan storytimed? i was thinking of maybe doing some selections from Savage Sword, King Conan, or the regular Marvel series.
Also, their similar enough, so ya guys maybe wanna see some Ka-Zar, John Carter, Tarzan, or Warlord?

If this was actually written in 77, Conan was still in preproduction, I think. So I wonder how much people knew about the upcoming movie when they wrote this.

that issue is from 1979

why is Conan so based?

I wonder if he was more well-known outside of the movie then? Now people really ONLY know the movie, to the point that the newer one with Jason Momoa got terrible reviews because it didn't follow the original movies, which didn't follow the original stories.
Shame. Momoa made a great Conan, and I personally hated the original movie. It was all over the place plot-wise. It was hard to follow and there were a ton of points where there were awkward cuts and you had to listen to a character explain what had happened.

Thor died for our sins.

seriously biscuitheads, want anything storytimed?

Go for it. May add tomorrow night. I'm nearly done with the I think 2012 reboot of Conan, and while it's too long to storytime, the guest artist issues (one done by Bruve Timm) are fun, same with the handful of issues about Conan's childhood.

More Conan is always welcome, but I don't know any particular place to start.

Wasn't there one where Conan joined the Avengers?

I'd like that one.

no, sadly. if here were i would most definitely storytime>>636509 it uhhh, doesn't exist. sorry

I'm gonna use that from now on

And so Conan fucked up everything
The end

I'm fucking dying in here

What a fucking dump they took on Conan smh fam tbh.

Is that the 70s version of Tyrone?
I love this comic so much.

who took on Conan?

I think it was a Sanford and Son reference.

Pimp Conan is the best thing ever!

WE WUZ

Since the last bit of Storytime was not What If? I'll derail a little more with some storytiming of Conan's guest issues I mentioned.

Extra little Bruce Timm bit at the end of the issue.

This shit really blows me. She's fucking crazy.
This guy in a loincloth who can't understand English starts attacking her car with a sword, so she assumes she's some Bulgarian refugee and takes him home with her while talking to him nonstop about her life like he can understand. Then she cries in front of this fucking stranger, makes out with him, and fucks him. And you know Conan wouldn't stop for condoms. This crazy bitch had unprotected sex with this freak.

And when he comes back to her however many months later, speaking English and wearing proper clothes, she puts him out on the curb because she was only into him as a loincloth-wearing, sword-wielding barbarian that doesn't understand what the fuck she's saying.

Bitches be crazy.
Also I find it entertaining how she starts yabbering and Conan just stares at her in silence.

women, amirite?

This is some good stuff OP

They had Wolverine cut off his hand, throw him into the future where Jean Grey destroys everything when she goes Dark Phoenix.

Still story

Thanks OP for actually posting good comics

no prob, which has been your favorite so far?

to be clear: no more interest?

I'm always down for it, but I'm slow to read stuff on here these days. Not sure about everyone else, but I like seeing good comics shared more often.

Good shit, OP.
Those old What If's were pretty good.

Lots of interest.
Since you seem to be doing Sword and Sorcery comics from the 70's, you got any Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser comics?
I wouldn't mind reading them.