Question

Is it valid to hate my father if his 10+ years of selfish depression ruined our family?

only if he'd fucked your boipussy when you were younger

No that didn't happen and that's disgusting that your mind would jump to that sort of thing

Seriously though, anyone else here hate their dad?

Nope. Just you.

Well, he had you, didn't he?

Guess his depression wasn't that selfish after all, was it, nigger?

Well I know that's not true
I did a survey on Holla Forums the other day of how many people had divorced parents, and it was about 2/3rds
Most of those people probably hate their fathers, if only latently
I have many friends with divorced parents and I don't think a single one of them likes their father

Yes it was because it destroyed our family
Having me is completely unrelated

Tell me why you aren't a fa_ggot and how your father "completely destroyed" your family.

I'm waiting for your wall of text. Don't leave us hanging.

That's pretty degenerate, fam.

pic related

Ron?

Alright here's some greentext:

So you don't hate your dad?

No

The TLDR of that is my dad gave up on his marriage before I was born. Instead of fucking MOVING OUT so we could get on with our lives, he DRAGGED IT OUT like a fucking PUSSY

Why would I hate your dad?

Just because your parents had an unhealthy relationship doesn't mean you should hate your dad.

Why don't you hate your mom? Maybe she was a manipulative cunt who caused your dad to be that way?

My parents are still together and the times I've seen them kiss I can count on my hands. It's not a big deal.

if I gave birth to you, I'd be depressed as shit too. I only know you through a few posts on an anonymous imageboard, but you're still an insufferable cunt

Sounds like you're the pussy. If I was your dad, I would sure as shit regretted blowing that nut in your mom and would wish every day I would have just taken her to the movies and had her eat my nut like she usually does.

I said "so you don't hate YOUR dad" not MY dad you bloody plonker

I hate her too, the main reason being she bitched about men for our entire teenage years, again causing me and my brother to feel completely insecure, and get bullied at school

Interesting, but have they argued for years of their lives, slept in separate rooms, never talked to each other except to argue, basically hated each others' guts?

Thanks braaah

Firstly that's fucking disgusting

Secondly why am I a pussy because my parents were cunts?

It's my fault that most people I know at least had parents who RESOLVED their issues (to varying degrees), whereas mine were just dysfunctional cunts who fucked up THEIR OWN lives as well as those of me and my brother?

Are you Australian? I'm withholding further comments until this is answered.

No, British, why?

Well, any of your blood ancestors that were worth a grain of salt got on the boat and went to America™

You seemed like a typical Australian shitposter, but being a Britcuck. you're close enough.

If you're 25 why don't you come to the land of the free, the United States™?

We can use as many white people as we can get, assuming you won't vote for Shillary☠

You are white™ aren't you?

Because I would need a job offer or some other way of getting a green card.

Unless I just get a flight to Mexico and then hop over the Rio Grande. Oh wait no, you're only allowed to do that if you're brown.

Of course not, I'm not a cuck

Of course

Newfags can't ghost-text

Don't let anyone feed you that bullshit about "You have to forgive user!" or 'Hating only hurts you!"

There's nothing wrong with holding a grudge and hating someone who has hurt you. It's not harmful to you in anyway.
The only time you should even consider forgiving someone is if they're actively seeking your forgiveness and taking steps to make things up to you.

I hate my father too OP. He was an abusive drug addict who tore our family apart and made the first 12 years of my life a living hell. Why would you ever forgive someone from that?
What do you gain from forgiving someone who wronged you dearly?

Obviously not OP, but why should you hate him? Without him, you wouldn't be here. but is not being here what you really want? Are you suicidal? Is giving up the gift of life what you really think you need to do?

O rly

You are very right and thank you for taking my side.
I fucking HATE cucks who bottle up / deny their anger, and let it stunt their life.
No, fuck that, I'm having a good life, why would I repress my anger when people are cunts who have pissed me off?

Damn. Probably worse than mine tbh

I guess making amends is good, but not if the person doesn't understand how angry you are

And that's the thing, I've tried making amends with my dad but he's still a fucking selfish twat who doesn't give a fuck about his kids, he cares only about buying materialistic shit because he's a fucking narcissist

Do you talk to your dad at all, or you've completely shut him out? How old are you?

That doesn't make up for the things that he might have done that have pissed that user off, user

Maybe you don't understand because you had a great family life, good for you, but not everybody does

You quoted the reason for that in your post.
Why shouldn't I hate him? Why shouldn't you hate anyone who has made your life worse?

I've never understood the mentality of unconditional forgiveness. Seems like thinly veiled self-gratification.

Or low self-esteem. Self-hating cuckery. Only a cuck would give themselves such a low worth. They spout unconditional forgiveness because they think someone will reward them for their self-flagellation.

But anyway man, do you still talk to your dad?

Has your dad tried making amends with you? Have you talked to him about how you feel and was he not very receptive?
And do you have family members pressuring you to forgive him?

He killed himself when I was 12 due to some circumstances I wont go into. For many people it'd be a traumatic experience, but it was pretty great for me. I got to take a week off school and my quality of life increased dramatically after his death. I'm 22 now. I never got to make amends with my father and I don't think it would've mattered if I did. Whether we did or didn't wouldn't have changed the large portion of my life ruined by his shitty behavior.

The whole "You have to forgive your parents no matter how bad there are/were" is some romantic Hollywood notion. Just sentimental crap.

You do not belong in Holla Forums
I can sympathize with your plight but all these questions revolve around the fact that you haven't hadclosure
Go to >>>/adv/ or cuckchan >>>/adv/ and look to the future
Dwelling on the past is self destructive

This is also some bullshit I hear far too often.
It's exactly that–bullshit.
You know how you might not like someone you know irl, and whenever they're brought up in a conversation or you simply remember them you might think "Yeah fuck them, they're a cunt."?
It's like that but with your father or mother.
Just because I hate my father doesn't mean I sit around doing webm related.

>Go to >>>/adv/
I wanted a board that actually had posters

I keep trying to raise this shit with my dad but he's a fucking cunt, and he's been on antidepressants for 20 years (still on them) precisely so he could ignore everything, pretend that he's not an insecure fag (he's the most insecure fag I've ever fucking known), and not engage with issues

Fucking prick

Very true.

If you're giving the "HURR DURR DEPRESHUN IS BRAIN CHEMUSTRY, U CANT HELP IT" bullshit then please fucking spare me

See user? Being a vapid tard is easy.

No, you spare me by killing yourself.

At some point, kiddo von edgemeister, it's time for a little self-reflection.

Not the case at all. My childhood and adolescence had it's fair share of incidents regarding my parents. I just got over the fact that most relationships aren't going to be what you see on TV and in the movies. Sure, they fight sometimes, and they virtually never see eye-to-eye, but it's all good. They've been married almost 50 years, and that's more than most people can say. By no means am I saying they have an ideal relationship, but they make it work, which I think is pretty cool in this day and age. It is what it is, and they do what they do. I'm going to have to live a long fucking time to outlast my parents' marriage, and that's not including the time they were together before they got married.

For starters, without him, you wouldn't have the life you do. I never said you need to "love" him, but it sounds like you have some serious issues.

I was going to keep shitposting, but you really don't know what your dad went through. Maybe if you and him have a pint or ten over it you can work it out. He's probably not as bad a guy as you're making him out to be. He probably had a bunch of shit to deal with, and really wasn't prepared for it.

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

In reality, you should just fucking deal with it. You didn't have ideal parents? Grow a fucking pair. At least they weren't junkies who OD'd while you were in the backseat. It could have been worse, I'm sure. I deal with mental trauma due to shit that's happened with both of my parents. I don't make threads about it.

The best thing you can do is get out of Britcuckistan. I've never known anyone who was happy there, save for an ex of mine, but she was fucking insane to begin with, and her mom was from bongland anyway.

You're not impressing anyone with your half-baked rhetoric. Unless someone around here was scouting for retards, they'd probably be really impressed with you.

First off, I'm not OP.
Second, your post is a mess. There are holes in your logic so big that you could fall straight to China through them.
Neither do you. You really don't know what OP went through either for that matter, but I'm sure that wont stop you from speaking as if you're an authority on the matter :^)
Then perhaps he shouldn't have gone and knocked up some broad? Ever heard of personal accountability? Him being unprepared for the stress of parenthood doesn't excuse the suffering he or any father inflicted on his child. You're essentially blaming the offspring for having bad parents.
And in that same vein of thought, no one should be upset over anything. I mean, it could be worse. There are kids starving in Africa ya know!
Your lack of critical thinking skills is making me suspect you suffer from autism
The only thing you've said that isn't outright ridiculous.

You're wrong he impressed me. What now boi?

Well if you need any more retards I can head over to Holla Forums and wrangle some up for you.
I charge $50 a head.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums are both retarded hugboxes for people who can't handle differing opinions. If you want people to respond with things other than funposting than mabey you shouldn't go to such a big tryhard effort to call out obvious bait posts. But then again, you'll probably just ignore this and go twiddling along with your day.It's gonna be okay though really.

I'm not neutral. I just don't follow doctrine like some sort of automaton. Do you have a real answer or do you just know how to green text and post image macros? Post a real arguement.
Come on now, its obvious. Have some sense.

Boy, you really are just a walking, talking caricature.

If you want people to respond with things other than funposting than mabey you shouldn't go to such a big tryhard effort to call out obvious bait posts. :^)

Arguing for the sake of arguing and you're calling anyone a caricature? Anyone with half a brain knows those two populated political boards on this site are shit. All you do is post image macros, virtue signal and throw out some green text.It's simple, the level of conversation is dropped massively among the type of person who can't debate things they disagree with. You see a lot of dellusion level on imageboards.
But it dosen't add up to anything. It's all just a long road to nowhere, if discourse isn't open, then what do we really have?

oh you, I'm just carrying a conversation. Shit that's probably the best we can do here. At least that means somethings going on right?

Good post

I guarantee you I know more about """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""mental illness"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" than you do, but that probably isn't hard because you're clearly a fucking retard.

By the way I only fap to normal shit because I'm not a fucking degenerate

You've literally proved my entire point. Your parents are together. And it sounds like their relationship is pretty good.

I'm not a fucking idiot, I know all families exist on a sliding scale of dysfunction. But it's precisely because I'm not an idiot that I spotted problems within my family, from a young age, that didn't exist in my friends' families.

Namely, the fact that my parents let their issues fester and never sorted them. They despised each other by the end of the marriage, they don't talk to each other now - me and my brother are middlemen for any messages (but I've stopped playing that game now)

So, as I say, you don't get it. You are very lucky to have parents whose marriage survived. My grandma had a marriage that survived until my grandpa died, and I love talking to her, and thinking I could make that happen. But then I look at my family, and how fucking destroyed it is, and think it's pretty fucking unlikely

I respect your civility user, it's not lost on me.
Unfortunately it's 3am and I'm just not interested in this discussion, especially since I don't go to Holla Forums or Holla Forums, save for big events like the debates and eventually election day.

But I will say that for the most part, the liberals on Holla Forums who I've seen engage the users in serious, civil debate about their beliefs generally get the discussion. Sure some people will mindlessly insult them, but that's just life in the zone.
The people who complain about being banned are almost always shitposters–subtle or otherwise–who came to poke fun at Holla Forums and their beliefs.

I wish I could say the same for Holla Forums, but then I have this picture of Holla Forums's BO explicitly stating that anyone holding a differing viewpoint (at least on this subject) is wrong and racist.

come on, my man

(checked)
Here on Holla Forums if you want a reply within an hour of making your thread then Holla Forums, Holla Forums and Holla Forums are your best bets.

if you are that impatient about a topic this serious, that's even more ridiculous.
and that's not even the point. You're asking strangers on Holla Forums about how you're supposed to feel

OP again and I'll respond to the bit that wasn't responding to me, but which you thought was me.

SAID BY A PERSON WHOSE PARENTS ARE TOGETHER

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

COMEDY

Good post, apart from the Britain bit, I'll 'av u fukin no m8 blighty is a fukin gr8 place an if u fuckin diss it again mush ill fuckin bash yer ed in i swer on me fookin mum (who i fookin 'ate)

Exactly

8/adv/ is clearly dead so I came here

OP here, I want quick replies, not a thread that lasts several fucking days

Do you not think it's a valid question? All my life I've had "user you're supposed to love your parents! Don't insult them!" - but at the end of the day there are two types of people in life - those who recognise that their problems exist, and do something about them, and those who ignore them and thus limit their self-expression, and ultimately themselves.

I don't want to be in the latter category.

I'm not OP.
What's wrong with that? OP is just getting input from us, giving him something to think on.
Would he be any better off had he gone to 4chan's /adv/? Or paid the armchair Jew to pretend to listen to him then classify him as mentally ill and give him some drugs?
Here is as good a place as any.

Hate to break it to you, but Britain is an over policed nanny-state shit hole.
Any country where you can be arrested for saying nigger on the internet is not a country worth living in.

I guess you're right, just couldn't help but pointing out that you're getting input from the biggest dipshits on the net,
and despite having a pretty solid opinion on it youself.
**maybe I just forgot that you guys are actually sort of okay
and I kind of like you still**

Yea same with mine mix in drugs
Duterte did nothing wrong in stopping the destruction of all family

I mean, hate his flaws. If his life is his flaw, then you hate him.