Why do so many Christians celebrate Halloween even thought its almost entirely a Pagan holiday?

Why do so many Christians celebrate Halloween even thought its almost entirely a Pagan holiday?

Even Christmas is more Christian, because although you are celebrating Santa Clause/Sinterklaas you are still ultimately celebrating St. Nicolas and the birth of Jeebus

Muslims have Ramadan, Eid and probably a few other holidays I can't remember right now. Jews have Hanukkah. Kangz have Kwanzaa.

What do Christians have?

Many Christian holidays had pagan origins. A number of them have only a vague religious connotation these days, regardless of their origin.

I don't take my kids to church and I've raised them basically agnostic, but we still celebrate Easter and Christmas. Why? Because bunnies are cute, Christmas lights are cheerful when it's dark as fuck in the winter, and everybody loves chocolate and presents. For them, Easter and Christmas are about those things, not Jesus being born and resurrected.

Do you think that all of the people who go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras are going to fast for Lent?

The actual Christian equivelent to Halloween would be Allhallowtide, which actually lasts 3 days, All Saints' Eve, All Saints' Day, and All Souls' Day

There are many Christian holidays that hardly anyone celebrates anymore. Catholics also have a fast similar to Ramadan observed following Easter Sunday. Christianity as a whole is just more secular than the other Abrahamic religions

Its a catholic Holiday, period

The earth spin around the sun before them walked in this gay earth.

Because religion is largely something people use out of boredom, anxiety or confusion. They don't take their own faith serious.

There are lots of religious holidays throughout the year in the Catholic and Orthodox churches.

I used to work with a company that was located in Germany, and they were closed all the fucking time for Catholic holidays.

Allhallowtide is Catholic though. Not the "Halloween" observed today in the west. Making lanterns out of pumpkins to ward off evil spirits is a fucking Pagan tradition, not a Christian one

Because they have kids.

Tell that to Muslims

I fear even telling people happy halloween for fear they'll assume I'm a Satan worshiper. I live in a religious southern town.

Thats my point, it was just too close in time, maybe hivemind and every culture that developed agriculture had orgies, killing or something funny those days, then christianity said stop.

Ireland and catholicism is why.

Irelands day of the dead was adopted by freshly emerged catholics that wanted to make the religion more appealing to the pagans there, so along with adopting many Tuath Dè Dunnan as saints, they also adopted the holiday to celebrate those "saints" and the dead in general. The gods of ireland were the second race of ireland, so that is why there is the implication that they are dead, as they were real people.

Catholics, being catholics, then came to what is now latin america and stuck their dick in every single brown skinned qt they could find. Eventually leading to the Dia de los Muertos in mexico.

Catholics are just fucking lovely, aren't they?

(((Holla Forums))) please.

"Halloween" is pure consumerist holiday.
On every 2. 11. we usually go to the graveyards and remember all our dear dead relatives and friends. No free candies here.
We call it "souls" in very cute waycan't find the translation

Do you actually believe that shit nigger? I won't judge you if you do but I've met one person who truly believes in paganism and that crazy fuck joined the Marines in the hopes he'll die in battle and go to Valhalla.

Naw, I was just taking the piss
I am a Christian by tradition. I believe Christianity itself as a religion is actually closer to Paganism than Judaism and have no problems calling it culturally Pagan.

Just because you are a coward and don't want to go die in fiery battle like a true fucking hero doesn't mean that the religion is shit. It just means you are a fucking pansy that likes to dismiss shit you dislike behind a keyboard

I didn't call his religion shit you illiterate nigger. I said I met one pagan who truly believes that shit. Every other "pagan" I've met was some fat fuck looking for a way to be a special snowflake while sticking it to Christians. Learn to fucking read.

Don't forget Christmas & Easter.
Both are of Pagan origin as well

naw
Santa Clause = Sinterklaas = Sanctus Nicolaus = St. Nick

Its a Christian holiday that became a Pagan holiday that became a Christian holiday again. In other words; its the most European holiday in existence. Its beautiful when you think about it

Christ insanity is nothing but Jews having stolen White religion and imposed kikery on it and fucked everything up. Stop messing with it. It's completely fake.
/thread

nigga u wut.

Best time for witch burning

Look up Hallows Eve you fuck

Fucking retard