Edgar Wright's Normie Trilogy

It's been a while since I last saw them and don't have that much interest in re-watching due to that limpwristed cuck Simon Pegg being the main star, but with all the recent talk about a higher society committing despicable acts behind closed doors, was director Edgar Wright trying to tell us something in two of his films?

The first film in the "Cornetto" trilogy, Shaun of the Dead, is your standard cookie-cutter zombie movie with added comedic elements. Nothing really happens aside from what you'd expect in such a film. It's what occurred in the other two that's been nagging at me these past couple of days.

In Hot Fuzz:

Meanwhile, in The World's End:

Thoughts? Am I a raving retard for taking such a normalfag film franchise so seriously, or could there be more to it than what I've already pointed out? Were they trying to Kubrick us? Or is it just all a coincidence?

tldr

Are we really calling purely cult movies normie?

No. Hot Fuzz was paying tribute to The Wicker Man. The World's End, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.

he he he penis

I didn't notice the same cars/bars in World's End, damn.

redditpol detected!

Why do you come here?

poleddit normiecuck detected!

Holla Forums wouldn't be in the top 50 boards if it weren't for Reddit. Projection is a Jewish trait.

Okay that's all well and good, why do you come here?

he piggybacks off the hard work of more entertaining character actors than himself tbh

It's just so lazy, there's no character there.

keep implying, redditrump

Are you a Trumpcuck normalfag??

Just, nothing, no arc, nothing.
He's got the lowercase theme going but you need more. You need to learn to freak out or atleast be autistic.

A-Are you really this new

you just boring, nigger. you bring nothing new to the table. just redundant knock offs of fun shitposters.

Just say "yes, I'm really this new"

Yes, I came from a link in a youtube video to come here. I used to browse 4chan Holla Forums but they are too rulesy.

That was not me

you remain unoriginal and unfunny. you can't even come up with any original banter.

drumpfspergs name is brett fowler of greenville SC. he got doxxed after evading bans on Holla Forums but the whole affair was deleted. Never got a precise address, sadly.

This. Pic related is a picture of Mister Fowler.

World's End is a really tough feels movie, a lot of people on a chinese hieroglyphic website can probably relate to Gary King.

The village council did nothing wrong. Letting outsider mess over the local peace is exactly why London is such a shithole.

Yes but that's okay, most anons here are.

This but the real question is what does Jenny smell like

I used to love the cornetto trilogy but I've increasingly started to be disheartened by it after looking at Pegg outside the film. I get that it's seperate actor with film, and I still enjoy them a lot but as I get older things just seem more gray is this normal?

lolwat here's a vid on directing style

[Citation needed]

These are really fun movies. They're not a trilogy, though.

I would like to add on to your post OP. One thing that bugged me about the World's End is the moral. In the movie Simon Pegg's character is criticized by his friends for being immature yet they themselves act like it. I mean I'm not sure what commentary they're trying to make on maturity since it really does criticize Pegg's character for not moving on in life but it does criticize his friends for growing up into stuffy old people. In the end Pegg's character still lives out his younger days with clones of his friends. What was the point of all that?

I'd say the moral of the world's end was pretty simple if you think on about it. The whole thing is about trying to live in the past. The whole thing is couched in Tom Brown's schooldays, the small town look of things like pubs and corner shops and cricket greens. This is what childhood looks like, so having the adults trying to recreate their childhood pub crawl makes sense. Look at how much everything has been made to look like it did 20 or 30 years ago, and look at how everywhere it breaks from that look becomes a source of horror in the film. From the Weatherspoons, which tries to recreate a look of old-timey alehouses and now all look the same, to the alien world recreating the look of people as best they can, to Gary king himself tearing himself apart emotionally and physically to do all this.

So the message is that childhood and nostalgia is good and comforting while adulthood is hard and tough. So far so predictable

Now look at what they do at the end. They reject childhood. The crawl isn't finished, the aliens are refused, the creature comforts are all taken away and take half the world with them. There's chaos, panic, discomfort on a worldwide scale. And yet all our characters are happy. They've settled down, shacked up, moved on with their lives rather then letting themselves be tied down, or indulge in their childhood activities sparingly but without wallowing in them like they used to before.

So the message is that adulthood, as tough and hard as it is, is rewarding. It's a film about growing up and putting aside childish things for better and for worse.

Thanks for explaining that user. I knew it was a bit deeper than the usual childhood nice adulthood hard stuff but I could never quite figure out that second layer. Really interesting man.

wtf, I love The World's End now?

No, it's the standard run-of-the-mill criticism of rural towns and how everyone "is the fucking same Maaan! You're all boring, living perfectly healthy lives with house, children and families MAAAAaaan!"

These liberals can all sod off, fucking wankers all of them. I'm sick of their bullshit, David Lynch did that better and he's still a fucking degenerate who hates perfectly healthy communities.

It's a meme the filmmakers just kinda went with

HA you sound about 16 and angry at your mom

Shut up kike, i'm onto you and your recurring hatred of what's good in this world. You won't espace my oven for much longer.

Having spent some time in small English villages I kind of understand the sentiment. These are people who are fine with a lesbian vicar, but will get pissy when someone suggests building a car park, because "it would be ruining the village".

Well, it would be.

But they don't actually care about preserving tradition. Merely some superficial image of tradition. They're cosmopolitan liberals with a fettish for old buildings and fields.

I'm sure you're right, but there's something to be said for preserving those buildings and fields, and for not erecting some Brutalist monstrosity in a village.