Do you think the keyboard and mouse will ever become obsolete?

Do you think the keyboard and mouse will ever become obsolete?

yes

- posted from my iPhone™

No

Possibly, but not because of touch screens.

No

let me ask my mechanical keyboard...

no

Mouse/trackball? Maybe. Keyboard? Definitely not. Neither gestures nor voice control offer the power and speed of keyboard shortcuts.

I don't really see KB+M ever being replaced for general purpose computers in my lifetime. The mouse may end up replaced, but the keyboard will never die

Keyboard + mouse will be replaced by brain monitoring devices that will detect the word/command you're thinking of based on your brain waves.

It already is obsolete. We have tablets.

Are you retarded? We can already control computers via brain input, once that technology is perfected and put into the mainstream, keyboards and mice are going into the shitter.

PS: It'll happen sooner than you think.

A pad with symbols is the basically what a keyboard is, and computers as we know them will always have some version of this

3/10 made me reply

Pointing devices were obsolete before they were invented.

welp, I know where I draw the line

FUCK POODLES

Yes but not in the near future. I expect keyboards and mice will be replaced by more interconnected forms of interacting with computers like a direct neural connection, for example you would think out a long sentence and it would be input into the computer. However that isn't going to happen for a long time, and even if the tech comes early adoption will be slow.

The KB+M will remain for at least another century of computing.

as speech input improves, it could become vastly less useful

the keyboard will become less useful, that is. i didn't mean that original post to potentially come across in some kind of paradoxical way

- posted from my iPhone™

yes 2

- posted from my Android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod Samsung Galaxy phone.

USB On-The-Go ( wireless ) keyboard?

Yes, when brain-computer interfaces mature enough that kb/m is inferior in speed and accuracy.

mouse was always obsolete.

keyboard will live on forever

Law enforcement is on its way.