Why would anyone be against transhumanism

why would anyone be against transhumanism

because it creates an unequal playing field for babies with rich parents and babies with poor parents, and even if we did give everyone free body mutations we would have to deal with the consequences of overpopulation and possibly the fact that wars will be fought between different mutants

However cyborgs are fucking neato

i think we should exterminate all humans and start over with a new genetic project
learn from the mistakes we made with the humans
humans are a dead end

This

that doesn't have anything to do with transhumanism

yes it has:
improving humans is stupid, kill them all

we could just go back until things fucked up, and fix them

Its already happening:

Better education
Better food
No poisons
No streess
No infections
Fake tits
Fake pennis
Fake butt

A post surgery mentally ill person (trans) is more "transhuman" than a guy with a chaisaw hand.

you and i have different definitions of "transhuman" then because mine doesn't involve being a complete sodomite but it does involve chainsaw hands.

I am talking about shit that will make humans better.

Do you really want jews to be in charge of transhumanism user?

no, I want to be super human, and good at everything with little to no effort on my part

sage negated

I am trying to think of real reasons why someone would against, and can't think of anything.

would be against*

It was literally answered in the first post. Transhuman elitism is a dystopic prospect.

( ̄人 ̄) Hello. I am "Mr. Likes To Sage Threads". I do believe this thread is in need of Sage, so I would like to sage it. That is why my name is "Mr. Likes To Sage Threads".

pretty weak reason over all. Many things for rich people have become cheap enough for the common people to get
also looking for other reasons

Well, are we talking about knifes or the use of them?

because the result wouldn't look like your 2d chinese animations

also this big angry red SAGE! is sa-GAY, why have it?

implants that make you faster, stronger, smarter, more reactive, have stronger bones, more resilient to pain and damage, and not having to sleep or eat
that kind of shit

so nothing would change?

Fear of being controlled by (((them)))

(((sage)))

Fuck off, homo. Men have penises, women have vaginas.

In an infinite universe all scarcity is artificial. If Earth sucks, git gud at space.

People whose crowning achievement was to crawl out of their mothers cunt.
People who take pride of what they are instead of who they are are scum.

Check dogs balls position, humans can walk for a lot of time, but they arent that fast.

Like removing balls?

Removing balls gave you more space for muscles.

Again, male to female is a transhuman and female to male is (bionic) transhuman too but partly sinthetic.

Because advances in the field will be made by corporations, who will own rights to your genetic code/ mechanical parts, and probably all derivative products. You're selling your birthright, and your children, so you run around as a furfag or pretending you're JC Denton, and people are right to detest you.

Because it's absolutely retarded. People who are pro transgender should die.

agreed, but who said anything about transgender

Slippery Slope

We're already becoming that.

Trans what the fuck now?

Liberation of workers takes priority to that.
There is no sustainable capitalism, thus if it will eat up humanity and resources we will never reach that stage in human development.

how does transhumanism mean overpopulation?

Not a reason against it.

It is, as it would be unsustainable at this point. And as first poster mentioned it would steep a greater divide between socio-economic classes that usually dosen`t lead into development of stable societies.

how?

This uneven spread of improvements would eventually lead into leaps forward in productivity, but only for a limited amount of population at the top of economic ladder. As such class divisions would rise leading into loads of excess population whom would delve in poverty and this development has historically lead into political instability. Changes in these material conditions would eventually lead into 1). wars for more resources 2). higher crime rates. This kind of development tends to consume more resources, unless this phase in human society is more or less centrally planned so consumption nor the population rise. Due to the inherit inability of market economies to evolve in these changes rabidly enough it would eventually lead into crisis. This could be avoided if we had something like basic income, meritocratic distribution of these improvements etc. but these concessions seem like a pipe dream in our current economic environment.

How do you get from economic stratification to overpopulation?

Not overpopulation per say, but this is going to happen due increase in productivity as general unemployment rates are going to go up. If these masses are not covered by large welfare program you can expect instability politically. Historically such population growth usually lead into economic strife and then to cycles of internal political strife usually followed by wars as needs of states and populations grew.

If you mean technological unemployment say that, not overpopulation. How does technological unemployment lead to resource wars?

Due to excess population with no prospects of employment it will either lead into high crime rates and internal strife or alternatively state decides to put these people into better use to gain more resources to expand their own economy what can only lead to war. War is after all more sustainable for state than socio-economic breakdown and high crime rates in society.

I am not talking about technology that would lead to economic possibilities, I am talking about augmenting yourself with tech that would make you physically and mentally superior then any human that didn't have augmentations.

pure science fiction the thread

The technology in our lives keeps us alive now. Take it away and 90% of the population would be dead in three months.

Becos