Marble Hornets

Is it kino, Holla Forums?

The first season was legitimately good

Tell me about Tim, why does he wear the mask?

he's a pale guy

For you

Started off relatively spoopy then normalfags latched on to slundermin and everything about it went from a fun /x/ creepypasta series to some 3deep5u horseshit starring some fag in a mask.

Started off good, lost direction didn't know how to end…

So it's a deep and multifaceted allegory of life… кино!

i'm 99% sure this is all the same person. i made a marble hornets thread last year asking if anyone liked it, and everyone in the thread was shitting on it from the first reply.

either this is all the same person, or Holla Forums is so schizophrenic it went from hating it outright, to "it was bretty gud for the most part" in the course of a few months

No.

Man, like many have said the first season/start was good but thinking about it nobody else can use this format so convincingly ever again. I recall there being a multitude of knock offs, some also decent, but this sort of storytelling style can't be replicated I think. Not with how popularized everything has become. Maybe that's just me.

season 1 was okay.
season 2 was shit.
i think there was a season 3? i think i stopped at that one. it's not very good.

It just depends who gets here first, if people see a thread where everyone is shitting on something then they're going to continue shitting on something, if they start off fairly mild they're going to continue being fairly mild. you faggot.

The entire slenderman thing was alright when it was some obscure videos and blogs on the net. It got ruined when it broke out into the mainstream and started getting movies and videogames. Just like most good things.
Not to mention they really should've stopped after season 1 was over. They clearly have no idea how to end it.

of course. horror stops being scary when the mystery and ambiguity is shit on and the thing becomes over saturated. slender man was mysterious when it started, very few people knew what it was. it didn't really have much of a backstory or a wealth of lore, it was just a character and a basic concept.

if you would like to see another example of this, look at Lights Out. originally it was a short horror film. it doesn't explain anything and its pretty creepy in the tone and the visuals, it doesn't overstay its welcome. its just long enough to explore the concept without risking getting stale or bogged down by unnecessary shit.

and then it was turned into a full length hollywood movie. the idea felt tired after after the first 7 minutes, and the rest is all fluff and creepiness-destroying exposition. also the monster in the full movie looks like ass compared to the original one.

didn't the one guy in it take the money and run and fuck over the other actors or something?

Nothing could top the first handful of episodes

From the dude walking by the window at night to being in the park, that was when it really peaked. It should have ended a few episodes after.