Which was the better movie, Holla Forums?

Which was the better movie, Holla Forums?
Which was the better cartoon?

>inb4 everyone says El Dorado because of Chel

No, I also say El Dorado because of the visuals.

New Groove is still underrated.

They're pretty even in my eyes but El Dorado edges out the win for having the better soundtrack.

I haven't seen New Groove, actually.

El Doraro was a better story.
New Groove was a better comedy.

El Dorado showed that dreamworks can make good 2D and make money from it

New Groove killed 2D disney animation

Take a guess

El Dorado because of Chel

New Groove. It's funnier and has better characters.

El Dorado's tone is just off, for me. Why have a funny animal sidekick in a story that gets really dark and morbid?

You mean Prince of Egypt, surely.

El Dorado may have Chel, but New Groove has Yzma.

Did not. That dubious honour goes to Treasure Planet, which only killed 2D Disney animation because Disney wanted it dead and refused to promote the movie.

Still wrong

Home on the Range was the last traditionally animated Disney feature until The Princess and the Frog, but it's not the one that drove the decision to make solely computer animated films. Treasure Planet, on the other hand, was a total disappointment. Its failure forced the studio to downsize and they (thankfully) cancelled all their plans to do shit DTV sequels and a shit TV series like they did with practically every other popular animated Disney movie.

The Emperor's New Groove. El Dorado comes at a close second.

El Dorado.
New Groove is okay, but I just liked the overall plot better in El Dorado.

wait

why did it cost so much to make el dorado?

New Groove is fucking hilarious, I've seen it about 4 times now and still laugh my ass off. Of course, that's probably because I have a soft spot for breaking the fourth wall.

The film bombed. You've mixed up your films.

El Dorado. New Groove is basically a meme.

El dorado had a nice brown qt, new groove not so much.

Dorado rakes it for me.

takes it*

Auto correct sucks

I like both films, better then a lot of the shit coming out now. Will there ever be a return to 2d animation for the west, and not something flash or cheap for tv, but an actual good animated film?

Treasure Planet was a good movie you nigger.

How is New Groove a meme between the two movies when New Groove is actually brought up organically in animated film discussion while the main reason most people even remember El Dorado is because of Brown Thighs QT? Not dogging El Dorado, though, still a great movie.

Titmouse is making a 2D animated film, I think I read something years ago that said the faggots who made Paranorman and Boxtrolls want to make one too.

Chel vs Kronk?

Nobody said that it wasn't, but it being a commercial flop is an objective truth

A NEW CHALLENGER
i don't like jews, but the way they did the story was more interesting that the ten commandments

YOU'RE PLAYIN WITH THE BIG. BOYS. NOW

Talking about New Groove and particular it's funny moments has been a more recent thing that's only started cropping up over the past few years. I remember some of my friends bringing it up in TAFE a few years back and I said to one of them that I fought he said it was just okay before. I think they said it was but it has it's moments. I'd probably have to watch it again since I haven't seen it since I was a kid (didn't recall finding it funny back then) to be able to judge the film though.

Do you talk to people outside of imageboards, user?

Yzma, however, aged like milk.

Not a great performance from either of them, really.

People just don't seem to want to watch 2d cartoon movies. Which got annoying since 3D animated TV shows don't go very well.

Firstly, that was then. That was back when CG animation was the new big thing instead of the standard and secondly, these films most likely failed because the studios didn't promote them properly, which is generally why most good films fail.

Any studio looking to make a big budget, traditionally animated feature nowadays would have the market cornered, providing they can build up enough hype, because absolutely no one makes traditionally animated features any more. It would be sort of like how The Artist took in a ton of money purely for the novelty of being a black-and-white silent film in an era where people don't make black-and-white silent films.

Truly the thinking man's waifu.